Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? (26443 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Kachidubem: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

I was just wondering, from the topic above, do foreigners really fancy Nigerian education to enrol in it?

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way from abroad to study in Nigeria?

Yes, they do ... mostly in private schools like convenant uni and co
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by adioolayi(m): 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:

These people must be from lower African countries...

Have you ever met with an European ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ man doing postgraduate in a Nigerian school?

Yes, especially at postgraduate level at collaborative research centres in Nigeria Universities.
More like exchange programs
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by eepeepook: 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
I saw it happen once. Two European men enrolled for African Studies. They didn't last up to a year. The hot sunshine drove them off despite the university giving them preferential treatment based on accommodation and facilities. Come to think of it, they were likely post grad students. No wonder they looked older than most of us.

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by cjudy(m): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Yes
I have other African countries in my class

Guess what? I was still finer and academically more sound than them

I took all the flowers
So you still Dey school and yet they put mouth for Government out of ignorance. Na now I know Nigeria problem

4 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by soccerlite: 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
The question you should ask is if foreign students seek employment in nigeria after study

Come to ui you have foreign students in masters in peace and strategic studies, African languages sch

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by YourNextLevel(m): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes, from Niger and Congo only

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by LordIsaac(m): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
Nigeria lack the resources for proper education!

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by doctuw(m): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
Mining engineering in FUTA attracted students from Cameroon in the mid 90s to mid 2000s. They were termed foreign students. Their rooms were different in the hostel. I think they also paid in Dollars. I know them
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

I was just wondering, from the topic above, do foreigners really fancy Nigerian education to enrol in it?

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way fromabroad to study in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Leggodeals(f): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
Not so much. But the Chinese love to work here...as bosses. They can boss us around even with their minimal education because we allow them.

Mine is to inform job seekers here of any available openings. I post genuine jobs here regularly https:///184037139835240/ Avoid paying anyone for a job. All my jobs are free
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by dkidd: 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2023
I had two guys. One dangerous Chinese boy wey dey my levels and another not mixed German/ Naija dangerous guy too but he wasn't foreign cos he mostly grew up here. Knew some other sweet girls from GH, ivory coast, Togo, I don't count Lebanese as foreigners because most of them are more Nigerian that a lot of Nigerians... leave their looks.

4 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by mukthar2000(m): 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yeah, UI
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Padipadi(m): 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2023
LikeAking:

They donโ€™t..

They are not as in wise as we are..

Foreign education is one of the reasons the Naira is sliding badly..

We waste our money servicing foreign economies..

Most of the parents training their children abroad end up very broke..

Another reason for our endless poverty..

Itโ€™s only in Nigeria, someone that worked with shell becomes a poor man after retirement, cos most of them spent all on fancy education..

Itโ€™s also another reason the Nigerian middle class is not growing..

We spend too much on private and foreign education, while other wise nations spend less..

You aren't 50% accurate.
The main purpose of recent increase in foreign education is very clear. I need not shed more light.
wunmi590:

Very beautiful write โœ๏ธ up
It's not beautiful.
Read reason above!
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by LegallyBlunt: 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Who told you that? I have combination of beautiful races and I'm academically intelligent than most of you here

British are in my school, though their families are resident here sha
lol. Give a straight answer to the question asked.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by akusucymon: 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
If you are a foreigner, will you spend your money to travel down to Nigeria jus to write post utme

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by ishayaauta(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way from abroad to study in Nigeria?

During my undergraduate days, we had Chinese guys, Indians, few western and some African countries nationals in ABU Zaria. So I'll say yes

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by paul100(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
id4sho:
A Nigerian -US citizen was sent to Nigeria to study at futminna. The father wanted him to experience Nigeria, the boy suffer Wella but he's very brilliant.
I have a feeling people took advantage of him maybe for the early years in school before he adapted to the Nigeria lifestyle and became street wise
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by FireUpNow(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes, na once had coursematr who was from Italy though by 200L he went back because his dad was an expertriate

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by ednut1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
Many of them in our schools are quiet and not loud. They dont go around announcing themselves like Nigerians do in other countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes. Exchange students at OAU. They often come to study Yoruba language. We see them all the time when I was a student at OAU.

OAU also had several African international students. Heck, one of my lecturers was even originally from Cameroun. He came to study, was retained and lectured on.

5 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Nonexisting1: 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Yes

I took all the flowers
Yes, you were finer with your nose like Nose-tradamus. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by tefund(m): 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:

Very beautiful write โœ๏ธ up
The guy finish work!Fanciful education without no value .

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Bellotelli: 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes they do. But most come to study our indigenous languages. While at BUK, i knew some Chinese and Indians studying Hausa language.

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by abibun: 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
Plenty Cameroonian's coming to NVRI to study

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by tefund(m): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2023
oyatz:
If you go to OAU, Ile-Ife, UI, Ibadan, UNILAG and LASU, you will see many Foreign Students.

Students from Niger Rep, Tchad and Cameroon are many in ABU, Zaria,while LAUTECH has students from Ghana, Liberia & Niger Rep.
These are grade e countriea now!!
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by obi58: 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Who told you that? I have combination of beautiful races and I'm academically intelligent than most of you here

British are in my school, though their families are resident here sha

APC bootlicker why do you thrive on spreading propaganda?

Oya name that school you claim to be in let other Nigerian students there verify your claim.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by CENI: 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
oyatz:
If you go to OAU, Ile-Ife, UI, Ibadan, UNILAG and LASU, you will see many Foreign Students.

Students from Niger Rep, Tchad and Cameroon are many in ABU, Zaria,while LAUTECH has students from Ghana, Liberia & Niger Rep.

I agree, we have such students, but note that most of them have their parents of sponsors residing in Nigeria.
However, I'm yet to see non-resident parents sending their children to come and school in Nigeria due to our fantastic ASUU strikes and so on. My bros, gone are such days. Not again. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by folake4u(f): 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes. I've seen many Chinese and Americans in my school doing a degree program. I was forced to interact with one of them sef about their choice.

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Sleekfingers: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
Mainly to study yoruba language.

One of my Singaporian friend's Dad told me that he studied an aspect of medicine in University of Ibadan in the 60's.

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by crackhouse(m): 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
Dem dey craze?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Ikpunnegi01: 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Yes

make I tear laugh first ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ You see any person wey your brain pass his/her own, know that such person is an irredeemable dullard.

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Ybholy(m): 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
Hoping to see students from European, Asia or Oceania countries here.

But all I see is guys/girls mentioning Ghana , Niger, Chad etc

Mehn, you guys donโ€™t understand this topic enough
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Icrave4u: 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes i am a foreigner and i schooled in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hisbah Police Break Into BUK Female Students' Home / Kwara Muslim Parents Protest Against Rejection Of Hijab-Wearing Students / Federal University Wukari Taraba State Admission List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.