Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG (26960 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Narrates What Happened The Last Time Obi's Mandate Was Stolen / I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by newnigerdelta00: 12:58am On Sep 27, 2023
Taylor92:
Will they listen? NO

That’s the essence of trade by barter

Give me what I don’t have and take what you don’t have from me

Tinubu should lower his pride and swap experiences with Obi

Obi will teach Tinubu how to run a government

Tinubu will teach Obi how to sniff cocaine

Chikina

Tinubu better pass your papa

3 Likes

Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by nomolos92: 1:45am On Sep 27, 2023
jrusky:
Really? So have you ever seen any sane country with no foreign investors?

That is why I called you a Marxist motherfucker.

Fools like you also call Chinese leaders Marxist motherfucker but China is one the best economy in the world, keep talking trash and glorifying mediocrity while the dunce sniff-dog motherfucker keep running the country aground.

Let Ajala keep traveling from pillar to post to search for foreign investors without creating an enabling environment for even local investments to thrive, you dumbos think investors are senseless like you, you think it's the campaign of Balablu and agbado, garri, ewa 😆

Make una just dey play, rada rada oshi!

1 Like

Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by t2luv1: 3:58am On Sep 27, 2023
jrusky:

Why should a Foreign investor come and put money in Nigeria? Consider this

None of the top officials embezzling public money in that country ever put their ill-gotten money into developing the country, they all run abroad and pack their money overseas. Apparently, they must know something regarding that country that I who reside abroad don't know.
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by sonofsteven: 4:09am On Sep 27, 2023
jrusky:

Thrash! Thrash!! Thrash!!!

Sorry off-poinbt.

Not for the braindead
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by iSense247: 4:09am On Sep 27, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

Now I know you are a bloody liar,where you not the one that travel to aboard during the campaign to seek for investors fake HOEBEE
He is a liar because he is telling your god the truth? Satan, the father of all liars is your father and you will end up with him if you refuse to repent. Tinubu telling Americans to feel free to come to invest in Nigeria is Tinubu's height of hypocrisy and insult on the Americans.
Americans know about the insecurity slamed on Nigeria by Islamic extremists who get succour from the Islam-leaning political party, APC, FORMED BY BOLA AHMED TINUBU .
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by nairamaniac: 4:49am On Sep 27, 2023
raumdeuter:
So Obi wey dey go from China to India to Egypt was wasting his time

During campaign Obi cannot mention 2 sentences before mentioning When I went to China Egypt Malaysia with fake stats

Suddenly going abroad to seek investors the same ones you are quoting is a waste of time

Abi no be this Nigeria you dey find those investors for that time

Good morning. With all due respect.
It's either you are a bornfool or a dunce.

Was peter obi going to those countries to seek invesents? Is it only investments aspiring-office holders go abroad to seek.

Do you know what they call "RESEARCH"?
Have u ever heard this word before?

U are probably the most foolish person on nairaland.

If you are intending to take over an office, would you not do some research on what you can do in that office, Incase you succeed?

Or would you Sit down in one place until you finally succeed, then you would start doing your research.

At times i feel Seun should be setting some mental test on nairaland, so that people like you can be screened away, honestly.

Cos you could just be one patient in a psychiatric ward with a phone on his bed.
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Knetpro(m): 4:54am On Sep 27, 2023
I agree with him.
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by nairamaniac: 4:56am On Sep 27, 2023
raumdeuter:

Nigeria and 3rd world countries have a lot of comparative advantages.
1 labour is very cheap,
2. There are less govt bottlenecks and regulations
3. You are likely closer to raw materials

Obi has spent most of his life gallivanting those same countries and now telling us its a waste of time.

It's not the first time Obi is wasting his time anyway like the excursion to Tribunal

So you still upheld your Devine stupidity here?

Ohh my God!
So gallivanting those same countries for comparative study of economies as what Isence247 said is that same thing as globetrotting those countries for investments as Tinubu is doing?

Are they the same thing?

Don't mean you insult you.
But with your level of low intelligence, an insult would reset your brain.

Advicing you without insults or beating is like trying to direct cow without koboko or stick.
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Fujiyama: 4:57am On Sep 27, 2023
Greenfaces:
That's quite a hasty generalisation to conclude that I'm a tinubu supporter. I'm not. I just don't like the fact that when an African looses, he becomes a bitter opponent. He never does sees or says anything positive about the leadership.

^^^
I didn't imply that you were a Tinubu supporter. I don't know if you are so I was careful not to refer to you as one. Speaking of generalisations...you are a little bit guilty (just a little bit cheesy) yourself with your comment about how Africans handle electoral defeat. As for Obi's comments...well, that's what opposition politicians do. They put the spotlight on the chinks in the armour of the government in power - and that way, they keep government on its toes. That's the way its supposed to work - and the APC would do the same thing if it was on the other side.

Greenfaces:
The goal is not just to be a president. The goal should be to promote and move Nigeria forward from whatever position you are.

^^^
Fair point.

But honest, constructive criticism is also a necessary part of the goal you mention. The big question is this: is the opposition criticizing the government honestly and fairly?

Greenfaces:
I started liking tinubu in his inaugural speech when he called on all opposition to put hands on deck in a collective effort to move this country forward. I love Jonathan for that attitude. Always exuding positive attitude.

^^^
Listen to what politicians say...but its far more important to watch what they do. Speeches are nice but words without honest, sincere action...are nothing but deception. The Tinubu administration is long on speeches...but miserably short on action that will solve real world problems for ordinary Nigerians. If the administration actually gets to work to fix these problems then there'll be very little for the Peter Obis of this world to talk about.

BAT wanted the job and he fought long and hard for it. It is time to deliver and we don't want the excuses his people are trotting out.
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Dshocker(m): 5:56am On Sep 27, 2023
chloedogie:
Egbon is still crying upadan.

Of cause, he is crying for you, so your life and that of your coming generation will improve.

You deserve better treatment as a citizen of Nigeria, na why him dey cry for you.

$1 is equivalent to N1,000.
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Greenfaces: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
I didn't imply that you were a Tinubu supporter. I don't know if you are so I was careful not to refer to you as one. Speaking of generalisations...you are a little bit guilty (just a little bit cheesy) yourself with your comment about how Africans handle electoral defeat. As for Obi's comments...well, that's what opposition politicians do. They put the spotlight on the chinks in the armour of the government in power - and that way, they keep government on its toes. That's the way its supposed to work - and the APC would do the same thing if it was on the other side.

^^^
Fair point.

But honest, constructive criticism is also a necessary part of the goal you mention. The big question is this: is the opposition criticizing the government honestly and fairly?

^^^
Listen to what politicians say...but its far more important to watch what they do. Speeches are nice but words without honest, sincere action...are nothing but deception. The Tinubu administration is long on speeches...but miserably short on action that will solve real world problems for ordinary Nigerians. If the administration actually gets to work to fix these problems then there'll be very little for the Peter Obis of this world to talk about.

BAT wanted the job and he fought long and hard for it. It is time to deliver and we don't want the excuses his people are trotting out.

I actually was worried about his age and senility. His strength and stability. But somehow in the face of our current situation, we just need to have a positive mindset since we all cannot leave this country as a solution. Something needs to be done. I don't know how to rate bat now but I don't want to think he is not doing his best. I hope Nigeria finds its way out of this situation
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by emmanuelbrown26: 7:25am On Sep 27, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
A man who was governor for 8yrs. What did obi grow in Anambra.

This man is a pretender, deceiver and doing lips service.

If obi becomes president, he can never achieve anything.

Many choose obi cos he was the youngest of all the major aspirants not that he has anything to offer.

8 good years as governor, never developed Anambra but he believe he can develop Nigeria

Nonsense
Cry harder as Ooni and elders are crying bcs of hardship

Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by MartinsD12(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2023
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by emmanuelbrown26: 7:28am On Sep 27, 2023
femisplash:
The same Agulu fraud that goes abroad to import groceries and sell to Nigerians, why didn't he open a farm field at home and produce all his products by himself?. This fraud will never happen to Nigeria.
Cry more, shey na Yorubas started lamenting on d hardship? Radio caller from Ondo, Yoruba elders now Ooni
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by chloedogie(m): 7:47am On Sep 27, 2023
Dshocker:

Of cause, he is crying for you, so your life and that of your coming generation will improve.

You deserve better treatment as a citizen of Nigeria, na why him dey cry for you.

$1 is equivalent to N1,000.

Send me your account details now and I will make you happy
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by mycar: 7:50am On Sep 27, 2023
Cromagnon:
Oya no enter farm na
De Wait for Awoof from govt
Which farm, the one bandits and hungry folks will kidnap you or harvest for you. just be honest to yourself first
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Dshocker(m): 7:52am On Sep 27, 2023
chloedogie:

0016452401 Access Bank.... Am waiting
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Ensa777(f): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2023
grin grin

Vawulence full this thread.lol
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by justmondris: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2023
ecolime:

Oga Tailor

Trade by barter? shocked

Well, I think BAT should bring Peter Obi on board. He should be in charge of the economy.

I honestly believe he can turn Nigeria around just the way Anambra is now the Dubai of Africa

They can't work together. They will prefer he fail just to paint him black than he succeeds.
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by naturefellow(m): 9:14am On Sep 27, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Obi knows the problem of Nigeria.
All this unnecessary tourism trips abroad is not necessary for now.
Fix the economy first. An average trader doesn't care whether you went to Sudan or Holland for funds...they just want to see practical change.

Fix roads
Fix electricity
Build our refineries
Increase minimum wage
End insecurity

Is that too hard for Nigerians to ask for?

Buhari came and trotted the globe.
Tinubu is towing that same path.

Is Nigeria under a siege ni?

We do not have natural disasters. We have Leadership Disaster.

Tinubu supporters choking anytime PO speaks facts.
templarlandry duro4change denreledave seunsmg freestuffsng moh247 talented234

Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Mattswaggz: 9:26am On Sep 27, 2023
jrusky:

You be mumu wallai.... was he talking about foreign investors or stressing the need to make Nigeria attractive and conducive for foreign investors.... read before you comment, you won't.... Get sense,, you still won't. !!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Khyrvxjzy: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Obi knows the problem of Nigeria.
All this unnecessary tourism trips abroad is not necessary for now.
Fix the economy first. An average trader doesn't care whether you went to Sudan or Holland for funds...they just want to see practical change.

Fix roads
Fix electricity
Build our refineries
Increase minimum wage
End insecurity

Is that too hard for Nigerians to ask for?

Buhari came and trotted the globe.
Tinubu is towing that same path.

Is Nigeria under a siege ni?

We do not have natural disasters. We have Leadership Disaster.

Tinubu supporters choking anytime PO speaks facts.

you like dream
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Fujiyama: 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
Greenfaces:
I actually was worried about his age and senility. His strength and stability.

^^^
They are still serious concerns. This job would take a huge toll on a healthy young man and BAT is definitely not in the prime of his life. At his age it is not a question of if there will be a health scare - it is more a question of when.

Greenfaces:
But somehow in the face of our current situation, we just need to have a positive mindset since we all cannot leave this country as a solution.

^^^
Yes we cannot all leave the country. But if there is no change in the way things are being done, there won't be a country.

Greenfaces:
Something needs to be done. I don't know how to rate bat now but I don't want to think he is not doing his best. I hope Nigeria finds its way out of this situation

^^^
Like I said, watch what they do and not just what they say. As important and useful as hope is, it won't be enough where this country is concerned.

Our economic situation is dire. The depreciation of the Naira is turning into a self-fulfilling prophecy and this is putting severe strain on businesses. To do things the same old stupid way is suicidal but nothing in government has changed. For example, we still have bloated federal government delegations to all sorts of foreign workshops, meetings and conferences of extremely doubtful value. This is where the money is going!

BAT was given good advice to reduce the government footprint and reform the public sector but he has done absolutely nothing in this regard. How is it going to work then? undecided

1 Like

Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
Thank you very much, i don't understand why some nigerians voted for this mumu.

Nigeria is falling apart, the roads are bad, there is no security, too much tax, high electricity rate, transport is so expensive.

Most companies now reduce the quality, so prices of products can be manageably affordable against competitors.

The wahala in running a factory in this country is so crazy, yet you pay, street urchins if the truck breaks downs on the road.

How do you attract investors, when big brands like Gsk are leaving.

It's a shame. This tinubu is a block head
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Growing(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
I don't see a clear road map to:

Solve insecurity
Refine crude oil locally
Combat inflation
Solve food insecurity

And someone says Nigeria is ready for foreign investors.

Foreigners are not stupid. If they are intelligent enough to grow companies abroad such that you are calling them to come here for business, they are not stupid.
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by banku: 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2023
There are different types of investors. There are daredevils, explorers or missionaries expecting handsome rewards as soldiers of fortune.

Average infrastructure does not have to be in place for mercenaries to invest. But they have to be able to hold their noses while making money. This is why they ask why you guys are running out when Africa is the best place to make money.

Privileged and indifferent Africans know that. It is the reason they pay foreigners hefty price to help them launder money outside recklessly.

Africans are so deprived and desperate, any chance they get, even in the face of death penalty, Asma Boys in Libya or cornering allocations at home, they think money is all they need overseas where they are despised.

Imagine investing that money and talents at home? No, we are looking for soft landing where our fathers never toiled like enslaved African Americans.

Olorunsogo!

banku:
Seeking foreign investors has always been a mirage on one hand. An opportunity to launder on the other hand. Every Government claims it is solution or salvation to our problems.

Anybody that knows his game will tell you Nigerians are some of the richest individual investors overseas.

Consentrate and find ways to harness billions laundered out every year by members of successive government and their cronies.

Why look overseas for investors inside your sokoto (pockets) while traveling to Sokoto?
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by opeey(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
Taylor92:
Will they listen? NO

That’s the essence of trade by barter

Give me what I don’t have and take what you don’t have from me

Tinubu should lower his pride and swap experiences with Obi

Obi will teach Tinubu how to run a government

Tinubu will teach Obi how to sniff cocaine

Chikina

It is easy to talk but hard to take actions. How many investors rush Anambra State when we was a governor.

1 Like

Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Afamed: 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Obi made Anambra number 1 in Education and MDG

After closing Anambra state university for 7 months.

The Joke is on una
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Laughthem: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
iSense247:
https://sunnewsonline.com/seeking-for-investors-abroad-waste-of-time-obi-tells-fg/?amp

VOTE A MAN WITH HIS RIGHT SENSES THEM GO SAY NO

Until all Una go enter fire 🔥 before Una go learn sense just continue keep hating IGBOS WHILE THEY CONTINUE TO MAKE IT.

USELESS COUNTRY INCASE YOU ALL DONT KNOW ABOUT IGBOS BRILLIANCE
GO AND SEARCH ON GOOGLE FOR THE ORIGIN OF IGBOS THEN U go understand completely the best
TRIBE TO FIX THIS COUNTRY

NO BE SAY IGBO MAN WAN DEY THERE FOR EVER BUT GIVE IT A TRIAL AND SEE HOW YOUR LIFE CHANGES

GENERALLY NO STATE FOR SOUTHWEST MAKE SENSE PASS ANY STATE FOR SOUTHEAST

SOME MUMU GO ARGUE BUT YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL BEFORE YOU ARGUE HAVE BEEN TO

LAGOS-OSUN-ONDO-EKITI ABI NA ILORIN

COMPARED TO THE LIKES OF

DELTA-ENUGU-IMO-ANAMBRA-EBONYI

not just a particular town I mean the whole state generally compared to each other even the best in southwest all LAGOS STATE no make sense reach all IMO STATE

go and verify before U come here to argue like a fool I'm not talking about a particular town, street or local government area... I mean the whole state generally compared to each other presently southeast are ahead but IGBOS will continue to make U feel U have the best place on earth because of their investment in southwest

Yoruba use una head Oooooo Tinubu or not Na still same Hausa they rule this country na same format nothing has changed

Thanks.........
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Dshocker(m): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2023
chloedogie:

Poor agbado man, and still waiting for the money, abi APC don finish your life?
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by chloedogie(m): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
Dshocker:

Poor agbado man, and still waiting for the money, abi APC don finish your life?

Let's put it as credit into your phone number don't want you to see my full name. Oyah waiting
Re: Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG by Dshocker(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2023
chloedogie:

Let's put it as credit into your phone number don't want you to see my full name. Oyah waiting

You demanded for account number, i gave you to prove yourself, now you are asking for phone number 😂😂😂.... Oga use pos, since you don't want me to see your name, that is if you have a dime in your account.

Jumping like frog, from one place to another, by the time APC finishes their term in office, you agbados will understand that 6 & half a dozen are the same.

Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS: Nigerian Army Disbands Legal Team, Pulls Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel / Dele Momodu To Buhari: Nigerians Don't Want Excuses, Appoint Your Cabinet Now / Boko Haram Takes Over Five Borno Communites In Fresh Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.