Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders (47978 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by bukatyne(f): 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
Congratulations to them on inheriting their parents' ministry.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by MasterTee007: 10:20pm On Oct 02, 2023
and you know the children are not spiritually appointed because you can see inside the spirit? God uses the foolishness of things to confuse the wise. Do not judge and pray for them...same was said of Joel Osteen....and he has taken the ministry much farther than his Dad.

We move and I pray they do right by the Lord's ministry.

kingthreat:

Paul was spiritually appointed. His background qualified him.
When he joined the ministry, you could see it all in his words, his actions and his dressing.
Christianity is against tattoos and if you must wear one, definitely not as the head of a church. If he is broken, let him remove his fashionistic appearances. The focus should be on honoring God.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by kingthreat(m): 6:00am On Oct 03, 2023
MasterTee007:
and you know the children are not spiritually appointed because you can see inside the spirit? God uses the foolishness of things to confuse the wise. Do not judge and pray for them...same was said of Joel Osteen....and he has taken the ministry much farther than his Dad.

We move and I pray they do right by the Lord's ministry.

Jesus said that by their fruits ye shall know them.
For you to be materialistic about your looks, that is not a fruit of the spirit. Wearing attachment as a man, having tattoos and wearing an erring is not spiritually ideal for a man of God. Where in the Bible did you see God servants do that? Christianity is a faith that places more emphasis on the kingdom of God not materialistic desires.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by NoToPile: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2023
kponkedenge:

Of course they would. His wife and children are already strategically positioned to succeed him when the time comes.

The fact that you mentioned children being strategically positioned shows you know nothing about Dr Olukoya or even the Mfm you are talking about.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Kobojunkie: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
Hotfreezing:
Will you shut up your dirty mouth, you hypocrite.
They didn't anoint the lady's husband as Pastor and they didn't anoint the guy's wife as women Pastor. They anointed only the children of the founder. You see nothing bad in that because you're an hypocrite justifying the appointment of a backslider as a Pastor.

Imagine a man with tattoos, earrings and dreadlocks asking for the hands of your sister in marriage. You won't accept that but you can accept every idiot who calls himself a Pastor.
Abeg get away! Na family business and it must stay in the family is what has been revealed here. If you no like am make you go patronize another church business since dem dey different kinds and models for you to choose from. undecided
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by MasterTee007: 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2023
Very fun...did the disciples wear Agbada, Baba Riga or Fulani Hats...be playing be playing. By their fruits you shall know them has nothing to do with tattoos...clearly you need to read the Bible again....Fruits of the Holy Spirit. I am tired of trying to educating Christians that cant even read the Bible. You have a blessed day.

kingthreat:

Jesus said that by their fruits ye shall know them.
For you to be materialistic about your looks, that is not a fruit of the spirit. Wearing attachment as a man, having tattoos and wearing an erring is not spiritually ideal for a man of God. Where in the Bible did you see God servants do that? Christianity is a faith that places more emphasis on the kingdom of God not materialistic desires.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by kingthreat(m): 4:56am On Oct 04, 2023
MasterTee007:
Very fun...did the disciples wear Agbada, Baba Riga or Fulani Hats...be playing be playing. By their fruits you shall know them has nothing to do with tattoos...clearly you need to read the Bible again....Fruits of the Holy Spirit. I am tired of trying to educating Christians that cant even read the Bible. You have a blessed day.

The Bible is not a novel neither is it a Chemistry textbook. I doubt if you have really taken time to study the word of God and let the Spirit give you inspiration on the word and how to live an ideal Christian life. I am not judging Jimmy because I am no better. But Jimmy is simply doing what he wants to do not what God wants him to do. He is taking over the family's church business and wants his flock to accept his lifestyle as an actor and media personality who is now a Christian leader. There is nothing bad him leading a church but it should be done in God's way.
Well if you want to follow his brand of church leadership it is up to you. I have chosen mine. By the way, there are many worse church leaders like Odumeje who I will prefer Jimmy to anyday anytime.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by MasterTee007: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2023
You are not judging, but everything I have highlighted from your post is doing exactly that. I wonder what you would have told Jesus when he told them not to stone the prostitute openly...you probably would have said...His brand of leadership allows harlots and olosho...Bro, pray for our leaders and leave them to God...Follow your own faith, and hold on to what you believe, and pray for Grace. We all live under Grace, and if God does not want him to lead, He can remove him because He is God. It is not in your place to judge. God bless you.

kingthreat:

The Bible is not a novel neither is it a Chemistry textbook. I doubt if you have really taken time to study the word of God and let the Spirit give you inspiration on the word and how to live an ideal Christian life. I am not judging Jimmy because I am no better. But Jimmy is simply doing what he wants to do not [/b]what God wants him to do. He is taking over the family's church business and [b]wants his flock to accept his lifestyle as an actor and media personality [/b]who is now a Christian leader. There is nothing bad him leading a church [b]but it should be done in God's way.
Well if you want to follow his brand of church leadership it is up to you. I have chosen mine. By the way, there are many worse church leaders like Odumeje who I will prefer Jimmy to anyday anytime.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by kingthreat(m): 10:58am On Oct 05, 2023
MasterTee007:
You are not judging, but everything I have highlighted from your post is doing exactly that. I wonder what you would have told Jesus when he told them not to stone the prostitute openly...you probably would have said...His brand of leadership allows harlots and olosho...Bro, pray for our leaders and leave them to God...Follow your own faith, and hold on to what you believe, and pray for Grace. We all live under Grace, and if God does not want him to lead, He can remove him because He is God. It is not in your place to judge. God bless you.

You seem like one of those that will allow homosexuals to stand on a Christian altar in the name of "don't judge". By their fruits ye shall know them, that is what Jesus said. And my opinion is based on that.
Like I said and I will forever say, your knowledge of the bible is miniscule and not guided by understanding. You speak based on your physical understanding. Go and learn deeper so you can speak better based on the faith. God bless you too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anne Enenche Ejected From Her Late Husband’s House (PIX) / Share Your Best Christmas Selfie. / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ashimolowo's Allegations: "I Didn't Beat My Ex-Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.