Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders (47972 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by KIDfurniture(m): 7:56am On Oct 02, 2023
After all it is family business while the members are the clients. Enjoy the fruits of your parents labor .

FreeStuffsNG:
Jimmy Odukoya, sister installed as church leaders

https://punchng.com/jimmy-odukoya-sister-installed-as-church-leaders/

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by IbileIfe: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2023
Nobody like our MESSIAH JESUS Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Exceed15: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Same way you can groom your son/daughter to take over your company.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by daygee12: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2023
Omoluyi:
What is more important is the knowledge you have about God yourself. It is not so much of the person who pastors you. God gave the vision of the church to their parents and I see nothing wrong in them succeeding their parents as long as they are qualified to do so and their church rules allow it. Let's help them in prayers

But the tithe and offerings are donated by everyone but the vision to lead is only given to the family. This is pure day light robbery
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Shinjawestern: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2023
zedman1:
Na wah o, them bring topic, if you truly are a Christian you should know how to debate for or against the topic as it affects Christianity. You go de drag Islam enter the matter.... That's off point. One thing I admire about Muslims sef, most of dem no de miss-yarn here, them go just quiet while some of una wey the claim Christianity go just de open mouth look for trouble up and down. As for me, if this modern Nigerian Christianity were to be what Christianity was all about, then nothing gum me join am be that.

Okay Abdul
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by chariisGRACE(m): 8:36am On Oct 02, 2023
uncleteeh:

Bro, you just vomitted shit, this has proven to be a family enterprise.

He is a smart guy.
He is justifying it so that when his Daddy GO Stephen Muoka) retires and hands over to a family member, he won't be attacked.
😂🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by famology(m): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2023
Family business simple!
Kudos to CAC, RCC, ASSEMBLIES.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by HRMK: 8:40am On Oct 02, 2023
NIGERIANS SHOULD BE SMART TO KNOW THAT THESE GENERAL OVERSEERS ARE DECEIVING THEM!THE HOUSE THEY ASK PEOPLE TO HELP IN BUILDING IS THEIR PERSONAL EMPIRE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD!!
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by freenature: 8:43am On Oct 02, 2023
abhosts:
But when they are raising money to build exotic church buildings, they would tell donors that those contributions are made to God. People should be under no illusions and accept that penticostal charismatic churches are personal family ventures.

What is wrong with you people? Did they ask you for any church or ministry support? Your not giving to support any ministry has it added any value to your life in any way?
If you've got nothing good to use your mind to sort leave this people go face your life and add value to it. Others that are giving they are the ones that knows what the Lord is doing. Stop this antagonistic attitude. Keep quite and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Hotfreezing: 9:13am On Oct 02, 2023
eldoradoxx:
People tend to forget that Jimmy Odukoya was birthed into the parents ministry and so it becomes easier to understand the vision of the ministry and continue lagacies left behind by the founder. Jimmy was well raised, i have no doubt that he will do well in ministry like his parents

Kissing women in movies is part of the ministry.
Wearing tattoos, dreads and earrings on the pulpit is part of the ministry.
If an idiot that looks like that comes for your sister's hand in marriage, you will accept, abi?

You people are just hypocrites and menpleasers.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Semaj77(m): 9:13am On Oct 02, 2023
1Sharon:
Family affair- Mary J Blige

Also "Family affair" by Shabba Ranks

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Hotfreezing: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2023
freenature:

What is wrong with you people? Did they ask you for any church or ministry support? Your not giving to support any ministry has it added any value to your life in any way?
If you've got nothing good to use your mind to sort leave this people go face your life and add value to it. Others that are giving they are the ones that knows what the Lord is doing. Stop this antagonistic attitude. Keep quite and know peace.

Will you shut up your dirty mouth, you hypocrite.

They didn't anoint the lady's husband as Pastor and they didn't anoint the guy's wife as women Pastor. They anointed only the children of the founder. You see nothing bad in that because you're an hypocrite justifying the appointment of a backslider as a Pastor.

Imagine a man with tattoos, earrings and dreadlocks asking for the hands of your sister in marriage. You won't accept that but you can accept every idiot who calls himself a Pastor.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by regenerateman(m): 9:21am On Oct 02, 2023
There's nothing wrong for a son, daughter or wife to succeed his or her father or husband as the GO of a church when he passes away especially when they are called into ministry. Church is not a secular biz, but a spiritual indeed. If you are not called to ministry and you take over the church form your parents, the devil you use you as suya. When Mathias was selected to replace Juda Iscariot, it was the Holy Spirit that picked him. We should be guided by the Holy Spirit in anything we do in the house of God. Church is not a secular biz, but a big time biz of God.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by soccerlite: 9:28am On Oct 02, 2023
If their congregants feel it's right

That's their cup of tea

Cos not all churches are for spirituality
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by uncleteeh(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2023
chariisGRACE:

He is a smart guy.
He is justifying it so that when his Daddy GO Stephen Muoka) retires and hands over to a family member, he won't be attacked.
😂🤣
You get am jare.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by kernniejay(m): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2023
DrGoodman:
The op has only one agenda, to insult Christianity.

Check my signature for free stuffs oh ye hungry fellows.
Hehehehe...who are the hungry fellows? I get the drift, making fun of that FreeStuffsNG of a guy. grin[quote author=DrGoodman post=126132568]
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by FireUpNow(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Who am I to judge as judgement belongs to God almighty the creator of the universe and everything therein. All men will be jusges according to his works.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by kponkedenge(m): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2023
happney65:

I watched a little bit of the handing over to Jimmy and his sister Tolu on their YouTube channel yesterday.

A lot of them will do the same. Winners o, Embassy o, Their children are all pastors manning big churches in Europe and America.

By the time the owner passes away, It is transferred to the children or the wife and then it remains permanently in the Family.

I don't have anything against them using their children as successors afterall it is a family business. What I have against is them saying it is what the Holy spirit wants. No it is not as that is a blantant lie.

If tommorow I want to start going to church,You won't find me in any pentecostal church. I'll prefer to go to an Orthodox church

Today's brand of pentecostalism was created for financial prosperity preaching and was created as a family business and it shall remain so in Jesus name. grin grin

You missed MFM which to me, should be number 1 in your list.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by freenature: 9:47am On Oct 02, 2023
Hotfreezing:

Will you shut up your dirty mouth, you hypocrite.

They didn't anoint the lady's husband as Pastor and they didn't anoint the guy's wife as women Pastor. They anointed only the children of the founder. You see nothing bad in that because you're an hypocrite justifying the appointment of a backslider as a Pastor.

Imagine a man with tattoos, earrings and dreadlocks asking for the hands of your sister in marriage. You won't accept that but you can accept every idiot who calls himself a Pastor.

LoL sorry o holier than thou, the one with the stinking gut. What gives you the audacity to come to such conclusions as you have? Are you the church council to decide for them who and who are to be the church leaders? This is why people like you can't head anywhere and wouldn't amount to much because of your thinking and judgements of I feel, I think and would never be in a place of leadership. Yes the guy has all those flaws but those who chose him must have done their homework behind the scenes before chosing and don't have to report to Saducees like you.

If you have a problem with them go to the church and complain, stop this cowardly online judgement and call them to review their choice of persons.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by happney65: 9:55am On Oct 02, 2023
kponkedenge:

You missed MFM which to me, should be number 1 in your list.

I have no idea about MFM's succession plan nor his children.

Are his children too going to take over the church business?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by kponkedenge(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2023
happney65:

I have no idea about MFM's succession plan nor his children.

Are his children too going to take over the church business?

Of course they would. His wife and children are already strategically positioned to succeed him when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by happney65: 10:07am On Oct 02, 2023
AareGaa:

At a time in my life, I was close to 2 General Overseers.

When I studied them, I concluded there was no man of God anywhere.

These pastors are lazy men who want to live big without working.

Did they bang other women too? Na that area I want to know.. grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Wallade(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Righteousness2:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in having children replace their parents in Ministry.

What is wrong is if the children are not spiritually qualified to hold such position and you give it to them just based on physical relationship.

My prayer for the young man and his sister is that they submit wholeheartedly to GOD ALMIGHTY in truth and in spirit.

Ministry is beyond inheritance. Ministry is God's business. God does not need your height, your degree, your expertise or financial power to run his business.

Infact if the only qualification you have is that it is my father's church, you will be an experimental tool for the devil to waste.

If you want to truly see God work through you, you Must genuiely and personally yield yourself to Him.

Though I don't want to get into this conversation but I feel most churches are business empires.

This is not to crucify anyone but that is the reality.

Is Jimmy The General Overseer of that church now?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by kingthreat(m): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2023
AareGaa:

If you study the body language of Adeboye, you will know he's scheming for his son to take over.
But I know it's going to be difficult for him.

The son who is alive is not well appealing among the pastors. The leadership of the ministry will be selected by a large commitee. My prayer is that they get it right

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by AareGaa: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2023
happney65:

Did they bang other women too? Na that area I want to know.. grin

I didn't see them banging.
But they are too greedy for material things. And they think of themselves alone and their children.

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by fineberry(m): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2023
Why will a pastor be on dread, earrings nd tattoo at the first place. It doesn't appear nice at all.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Bfly: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2023
So called Spirituality's been tending towards psychology this days. All you need to know is know how the mind works there you are with people making noise.
Let the members take after the new leader. They can start from there.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Mayeldah(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2023
I am Pentecostalist and I don't have anything against the son and daughter of Odukoyas leading the church

My concern is that they should leave the Holy spirit out of their choice, most times the Holy spirit never inspired their choice of leadership

whether another Pastor was chosen or not, the foremost intent of most church leaders in Nigeria is to amass wealth for themselves and their cronies, before they think raising a congregation that fears God.

So it is beneficial for the children to carry on with what their father has started but they should leave God and the holy spirit out of the whole thing.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Dennisbulkan: 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
nerdjared:

can a Christian comment on a Muslim topic talk more of opening a Muslim thread

This is one is clueless.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Dennisbulkan: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
nerdjared:

can a Christian comment on a Muslim topic talk more of opening a Muslim thread

This one is clueless.

What part of my comment gave you the impression that i give a tang about the headless mob of Christians & Muslim zombies on nairaland? wake-up now, you hopeless sheep!
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by KingOKON: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Jimmy Odukoya, sister installed as church leaders

https://punchng.com/jimmy-odukoya-sister-installed-as-church-leaders/

I pity those that will go and sit under this jesters
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by chaloskyx: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2023
how much is her monthly salary as a church leader🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anne Enenche Ejected From Her Late Husband’s House (PIX) / Share Your Best Christmas Selfie. / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ashimolowo's Allegations: "I Didn't Beat My Ex-Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.