Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders (47980 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Ashirioluwa: 4:53am On Oct 02, 2023
Nice one. Anyway, churches are family affairs nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Father4all: 5:09am On Oct 02, 2023
Family business

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:13am On Oct 02, 2023
shineeye1:
This is how they deceive the gullible and those who ask no questions that they are fellow builders of the "house of God" when in actual fact they are building their personal companies and business empires. Woe unto these penterascals!

Suddenly, Jimmy who never found any attraction in the "work of God" is called to become the head of the table of a multibillion naira spinning company. Jimmy answers to the money call . Lousy fellows who have Americanized the gospel . In a matter of time, the dreadlocks of Jimmy will become the way of the company staff . They are empty vessels making loud noises that signify nothing. They are hollow pipes that have nothing of divine value to offer. Theirs is the vainglory of materialism.

He has always been preaching. He was a Youth Pastor when I was still a member and that was 10yrs ago.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by ChristianMuslim: 5:26am On Oct 02, 2023
The new C. E. O/ M. D

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Aydot351(m): 5:38am On Oct 02, 2023
After God the next in line is his son Jesus, christianity as a whole nah family business so no reason am go far

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Thomasankara(m): 5:40am On Oct 02, 2023
[/color]nawa o, you still add in Jesus name🙁[color=#770077]
happney65:

I watched a little bit of the handing over to Jimmy and his sister Tolu on their YouTube channel yesterday.

A lot of them will do the same. Winners o, Embassy o, Their children are all pastors manning big churches in Europe and America.

By the time the owner passes away, It is transferred to the children or the wife and then it remains permanently in the Family.

I don't have anything against them using their children as successors afterall it is a family business. What I have against is them saying it is what the Holy spirit wants. No it is not as that is a blantant lie.

If tommorow I want to start going to church,You won't find me in any pentecostal church. I'll prefer to go to an Orthodox church

Today's brand of pentecostalism was created for financial prosperity preaching and was created as a family business and it shall remain so in Jesus name. grin grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Thomasankara(m): 5:43am On Oct 02, 2023
[/color]e don talk am say nothing wrong in handing over to his son,so don't caught off guard[color=#770077]
bbyby01:
People wey dey say church no be family business. Una go explain tire. No evidence.
Waiting for Oyedepo to hand over to his son
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by simmydare82(m): 5:45am On Oct 02, 2023
There is many and everything wrong with that, ministry is not supposed to be a family business, Christ is the owner and the husband of the church, but now many has turned it into a PLC or Limited liability company, God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by eteba(m): 5:50am On Oct 02, 2023
Simply called: Odukoya Life Church Company Nig Ltd.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by AareGaa: 6:00am On Oct 02, 2023
jaxxy:

Go and see how adebayo son is talking to pastors in his father's church. one time he had to apologise because of the public backlash.

I guess you were referring to Adeboye.

That one is a cunning man. He is really scheming for his son to take over.
But the battle will be too tough for him because he is not the founder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by juman(m): 6:02am On Oct 02, 2023
I show them love and wise them success.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Angrigowt: 6:07am On Oct 02, 2023
God doesn't exist In nigeria and majority of Nigerians will dwell St the pit of hell fire. Scammers .idiots. I so much hate the guy and hez movies are wacko,speaks like say he stayed abroad for 30years. I regret it everyday being born in nigeria.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by AareGaa: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023
kingthreat:

Succession in RCCG is going to be way different. Pastor Adeboye didn't start the church. He was appointed to lead. After him, another will be appointed to lead.

If you study the body language of Adeboye, you will know he's scheming for his son to take over.
But I know it's going to be difficult for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by BALLOSKI: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm.

As a Disciple of Christ, I am an amateur on this brand of Pentecostalism where son and daughter replace their father and mother to take over the running of affairs, and the concept of Pentecostalism itself , I will patiently allow myself to be guided on this issue.

It's obvious that TREM may likely take same route when the Founder is advanced in age or goes to be with the Lord. Check my signature for free stuffs.
You'd see Adeboye and Oyedepo's children succeed their fathers.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by zedman1(m): 6:14am On Oct 02, 2023
Shinjawestern:

When will head slamming mohammadian terrorist focus on the black stone they do worship in Mecca
Na wah o, them bring topic, if you truly are a Christian you should know how to debate for or against the topic as it affects Christianity. You go de drag Islam enter the matter.... That's off point. One thing I admire about Muslims sef, most of dem no de miss-yarn here, them go just quiet while some of una wey the claim Christianity go just de open mouth look for trouble up and down. As for me, if this modern Nigerian Christianity were to be what Christianity was all about, then nothing gum me join am be that.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by juman(m): 6:21am On Oct 02, 2023
Why the most senior pastors not allowed to take over the leading of the church?
Those his children know little about the jobs given to them.

Some leading pastors in the church might leave to start their own churches.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by simfrost90210: 6:32am On Oct 02, 2023
Righteousness2:

Whether befor or after death, you Must be spiritual qualified befor you yield to ministry except you want the devil to finish you.

But that's not the answer to the question
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by simfrost90210: 6:36am On Oct 02, 2023
happney65:

Today's brand of pentecostalism was created for financial prosperity preaching and was created as a family business and it shall remain so in Jesus name. grin grin

You no well oo🤣🤣🤣
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Bribri: 6:39am On Oct 02, 2023
You just been modest. Trying not to offend the supernatural. You have to take a side. It's a family business OGA.[uote author=happney65 post=126133141]

I watched a little bit of the handing over to Jimmy and his sister Tolu on their YouTube channel yesterday.

A lot of them will do the same. Winners o, Embassy o, Their children are all pastors manning big churches in Europe and America.

By the time the owner passes away, It is transferred to the children or the wife and then it remains permanently in the Family.

I don't have anything against them using their children as successors afterall it is a family business. What I have against is them saying it is what the Holy spirit wants. No it is not as that is a blantant lie.

If tommorow I want to start going to church,You won't find me in any pentecostal church. I'll prefer to go to an Orthodox church

Today's brand of pentecostalism was created for financial prosperity preaching and was created as a family business and it shall remain so in Jesus name. grin grin[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by StJasper(m): 6:44am On Oct 02, 2023
DrGoodman:
The op has only one agenda, to insult Christianity.

Check my signature for free stuffs oh ye hungry fellows.

Can you please explain how the OP insulted Christianity through this post?

We should stop attaching sentiments to whatever we say in a public domain like this.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by amliftedhigher: 6:49am On Oct 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Jimmy Odukoya, sister installed as church leaders

https://punchng.com/jimmy-odukoya-sister-installed-as-church-leaders/
They inherited their fathers business.
Pastorpreneurs

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by georgeakins: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:

The Guy too RUGGED for a Pastor, Abeg!

He is like JIM IYKE in 2003-2005, 2006! 🤔🤨

Jim Iyke looks more decent.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by BABAawoo47: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2023
happney65:

so many big church will also take the same route, those criticizing will also later see same will apply to there church

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by donwily(m): 7:02am On Oct 02, 2023
I pray this their decision doesn't lead to total collapse of the church and the end of their lives.

Who knows what killed their parents is from inside and they are pushing them forward to die like their parents.

I see no reason why children who have not made any mark spiritually should be elected to head a church that needs spiritual powers and wisdom among others.

May God guide and direct their steps
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by djseanjohn77: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2023
Righteousness2:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in having children replace their parents in Ministry.

What is wrong is if the children are not spiritually qualified to hold such position and you give it to them just based on physical relationship.

My prayer for the young man and his sister is that they submit wholeheartedly to GOD ALMIGHTY in truth and in spirit.

Ministry is beyond inheritance. Ministry is God's business. God does not need your height, your degree, your expertise or financial power to run his business.

Infact if the only qualification you have is that it is my father's church, you will be an experimental tool for the devil to waste.

If you want to truly see God work through you, you Must genuiely and personally yield yourself to Him.

Thank God for Christ's blood on the cross, God of the old testament was never this patient, succession is exclusively his, and that's even if the foundation itself belongs to Him, otherwise, He doesn't care what you do with yourselves.

This is like family legacies, as it is being practiced in Nigeria today, it is not exclusive to them alone, many churches in Nigeria will follow suite, and many have done it before.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Corrinthians(m): 7:15am On Oct 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm.

As a Disciple of Christ, I am an amateur on this brand of Pentecostalism where son and daughter replace their father and mother to take over the running of affairs, and the concept of Pentecostalism itself , I will patiently allow myself to be guided on this issue.

It's obvious that TREM may likely take same route when the Founder is advanced in age or goes to be with the Lord. Check my signature for free stuffs.
Nigerian churches are nothing but private business enterprises.

Know this and know peace.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Pearl1910: 7:20am On Oct 02, 2023
happney65:

You are not even a church goer, but somehow u know what the Holy Spirit is saying abi. Kwontinue!!!

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by nerdjared: 7:21am On Oct 02, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

Attack the message, no the messenger. Typical of a hopeless religious zombie

can a Christian comment on a Muslim topic talk more of opening a Muslim thread

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Omoluyi(m): 7:32am On Oct 02, 2023
What is more important is the knowledge you have about God yourself. It is not so much of the person who pastors you. God gave the vision of the church to their parents and I see nothing wrong in them succeeding their parents as long as they are qualified to do so and their church rules allow it. Let's help them in prayers

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Ayatullah(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2023
Righteousness2:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in having children replace their parents in Ministry.

What is wrong is if the children are not spiritually qualified to hold such position and you give it to them just based on physical relationship.

My prayer for the young man and his sister is that they submit wholeheartedly to GOD ALMIGHTY in truth and in spirit.

Ministry is beyond inheritance. Ministry is God's business. God does not need your height, your degree, your expertise or financial power to run his business.

Infact if the only qualification you have is that it is my father's church, you will be an experimental tool for the devil to waste.

If you want to truly see God work through you, you Must genuiely and personally yield yourself to Him.

If you can't say the truth KEEP QUIET and stop beating about the bush.

It is quite clear that the Odukoyas are running a business where profit and loss is taking to account and not a Household of Christian Worship.

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by eldoradoxx: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2023
People tend to forget that Jimmy Odukoya was birthed into the parents ministry and so it becomes easier to understand the vision of the ministry and continue lagacies left behind by the founder. Jimmy was well raised, i have no doubt that he will do well in ministry like his parents
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Happierikoi: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2023
In as much as I'm a Christian, I can never worship at a church where the pastor appears like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anne Enenche Ejected From Her Late Husband’s House (PIX) / Share Your Best Christmas Selfie. / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ashimolowo's Allegations: "I Didn't Beat My Ex-Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.