Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra (26782 Views)

Outside Vendors Can Replace Diploma But Tinubu Forged His Own / CSU Registra, Caleb Westberg Did Not Say "Forgery Is A Nigerian Thing" / CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Racoon(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2023
CSU: Vendors produce replacement certificates we don’t have copy of what Tinubu submitted to INEC

The Chicago State University (CSU) on Tuesday made a deposition on the release of President Bola Tinubu’s academic records.

A deposition is the process of taking a sworn, out-of-court oral testimony of a witness. This testimony may be reduced to a written transcript for use in court or for discovery purposes.

Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the last election, had subpoenaed CSU to release Tinubu’s academic records for use in the Nigerian supreme court.

Abubakar is challenging the victory of Tinubu in the February 25 election and the affirmation of Tinubu by the petition tribunal as winner of the poll.

He had argued that there are discrepancies in the certificate Tinubu submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) which should have rendered him ineligible to contest the election.

Speaking on the certificate (also called diploma) presented to the INEC by Tinubu, Caleb Westberg, the university registrar and deponent/witness, said he could not comment on it because he did not see it.

“The university only has diplomas that students didn’t pick up in its possession. The university does not typically keep diplomas. I do not have the diploma that was submitted to INEC in our possession,” he said.

He also said when there is a replacement diploma, “it is done by outside vendors”.

‘CERTIFYING DOCUMENTS IS MORE OF A NIGERIAN THING’

Westberg said that in the US, “diplomas are considered merely ceremonial documents. In some other countries, it may be considered more. In the US, more reliance is placed on transcripts and not on diplomas”.

He said all of the certified documents came from CSU’s files.

“CSU had never certified documents for anyone before. It must have been made because it was more of a Nigerian thing,” he said.

“I’m not aware of any instance where CSU had been requested to certify a document. Mr. Wole Afolabi who was acting for President Tinubu insisted that the documents must be certified.”

Responding to another question, he said he went into Tinubu’s student’s file and produced the documents but did not know the documents would be certified.

“I don’t get involved in legal matters,” he said.

Westberg said it is not uncommon for mistakes to be made in data entries from time to time.

‘IT IS THE SAME TINUBU THAT GRADUATED FROM CSU’

“Before CSU, I was at UC, Berkeley and UC, Irving. I’m sure people make mistakes in data entry from time to time,” he said.

The witness also said it is possible that vendors are responsible for the certificate Tinubu submitted to Nigeria’s electoral commission ahead of the vote.

“Some policies have changed over the years. When there is a replacement diploma, it is done by outside vendors,” he said.

On why Tinubu did not pick up his replacement diploma from the school, the witness said: “You would have to ask him. The university only has diplomas that students didn’t pick up in its possession.”

“The university does not typically keep diplomas. I have the diploma that was made available to Mr. Enahoro-Ebah in our possession because Mr. Tinubu did not pick it up,” he said.

“I do not have the diploma that was submitted to INEC in our possession because he had picked it up.”

He said: “I see that he said the same person he ran against is now the president of Nigeria. The Bola Tinubu who attended Southwest College took Accounting courses. The Bola Tinubu who attended CSU also took Accounting courses. I see the address indicated for Bola Tinubu. It’s not far from CSU.

“I looked at the whole record in making the determination that the Bola Tinubu who is the president of Nigeria today is the same person who attended CSU. The entries’1952’ and ‘1954’ could have been made in error. The person who attended Southwest College is the person who attended CSU. The courses taken by Bola Tinubu at Southwest and CSU are consistent.

“Right after the entry ‘F’, the social security number (SSN) entered indicated in the Southwest transcript is the same as the one that was indicated in CSU records. That is one of the indicia that we use to identify students. A social security number is a unique identifier.”

MALE OR FEMALE BOLA TINUBU?

Pressed on why he believes the person who is the president of Nigeria today is the same person who attended CSU, the witness said Bola Tinubu is an unusual name in the US.

“He matched the records in the file against the information provided by the student or on behalf of the student,” he said.

“We believe the Bola Tinubu who attended CSU is the same person who is the president of Nigeria today.”

There have been allegations that the Tinubu who gained admission into CSU was female.

On his gender, the CSU witness said: “Tinubu applied to the university as a male and a letter of admission was issued to a male.

“There were materials in Mr. Tinubu’s records that show that he was a male. I see the application to CSU. Mr. Tinubu identified himself as a male.

“His letter of admission identified him as a male. It says: ‘Dear Mr. Tinubu’.

“I see the entry on APC’s website wherein President Bola Tinubu was said to have been born in Lagos on March 29, 1952.

“I don’t have a copy of the diploma that was submitted to INEC so I can’t comment on it.

“I am not aware of the fact that in the form that he submitted to INEC he claimed a different nationality or date of birth.

“Yes, our records show that he was born on March 29th. One has ‘1954’ while the other shows ‘1952’.

“From time to time, people do make mistakes when making such entries.”

RELEASE OF TINUBU’S ACADEMIC RECORDS

Tinubu’s credentials show that he graduated from CSU in 1979 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting and management.

Over the weekend CSU released the academic records of Tinubu, following requests by Abubakar.

The US district court for the northern district of Illinois had ordered CSU to release the records.

In response to Abubakar’s third request — which was to release a copy of the diplomas issued in 1997 — the university said the certificates match the format of the Tinubu replacement dated June 27, 1997.

“The documents responsive to this request which CSU, after diligent search, has been able to locate are produced herewith and Bates labelled CSU 0008 through CSU 0010,” the university wrote.

“The students’ names on these diplomas have been redacted for privacy reasons.

“CSU is also producing, Bates labelled as CSU 0011 and 0012, diplomas produced for other CSU students (with their names redacted for privacy) which match the format of the Tinubu replacement dated June 27, 1997.”

Present at the deposition were Michael Hayes who represented CSU; Victor P. Henderson & Oluwole Afolabi, who appeared for Bola Tinubu, the Intervenor; Caleb Westberg, Registrar of CSU and Deponent/Witness; Angela Lin, Dechert LLP and five lawyers of the firm who joined by Zoom.

https://www.thecable.ng/csu-vendors-produce-replacement-certificates-we-dont-have-copy-of-what-tinubu-submitted-to-inec/amp

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Racoon(m): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2023
The CSU have dugged itself into a cul-de-sac because even it's released records showed the otherwise. The school really have a tough time to convince the trial all these incongruent information about the criminal

Sane people who know have been saying it that Bola Tinubu is a fraud, yet his mummified zombies warped in their deluded myopic and prismatic worldview always refused to see reasons why such a despicable humanity should have no place in a 21st century civilisation let alone leading a multi-complex country like Nigeria.

Now look at the sorry state where their idiocy have landed this nation.

145 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Njamin: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2023
let's see how it all pans out

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Njamin: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2023
Hnnnnnn

2 Likes

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Taylor92: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2023
tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Racoon(m): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2023
Speaking on the certificate (also called diploma) presented to the INEC by Tinubu, Caleb Westberg, the university registrar and deponent/witness, said he could not comment on it because he did not see it.

“The university only has diplomas that students didn’t pick up in its possession. The university does not typically keep diplomas. I do not have the diploma that was submitted to INEC in our possession."
Whao! Whao!! Whao!!! Meanwhile, this is the same forged diploma certificate Tinubu media urchins have been hyperventilating that was certified by the CSU? How low can they go low with lies and propaganda

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Finestgurlie(f): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2023
Hahahahahaha the useless bastard media are now falling in line after trying to subvert the truth
Atiku never release official transcript ooo
wait till then and it'll be circulated round the international media like CNN BBC aljazerah etc

a song for those supporting criminals

as e dey pain you ooo
e dey sweet me baje ooo
as e dey pain you ooo
e dey sweet me baje baje
as e dey pain gan gan
e dey sweet me baje baje
gbagili gbagili gbagili

Hahahahahaha nice song

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Racoon(m): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2023
"CERTIFYING DOCUMENTS IS MORE OF A NIGERIAN THING" He also said when there is a replacement diploma, “it is done by outside vendors”.
Bayo Onanuga, Seunmsg, , and all APC members can deny the truth for long.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Jennyclay(f): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2023
Nigerian men are criminals including Tinubu

Shior!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by press9jatv: 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2023
I hope they won’t come for head of cable news network. Tinubu the clueless drug baron and clueless certificate forger is in deep mess. Karma will surely backfired

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Finestgurlie(f): 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2023
Seun Nlfpmod ooo

6 Likes

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Finestgurlie(f): 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2023
cilicmarin Cruise777 Corrinthians

8 Likes

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by press9jatv: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
The guardian newspaper was right all along. Abeg the mods should move it to the front page joor. Daily independent report Tinubu certificate forgery news too.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by press9jatv: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
Cc nlfpmod cc OAM4j cc Lalasticlala cc Dominique cc justwise cc mynd44 Fp

5 Likes

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by tinsel: 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2023
Op, you are mischievous. You failed to add where they said they don't have it because he had picked it up.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by wittywriter: 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2023
Too many cooks spoil the broth...

Fingers crossed.

Wittyness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Novarisammy2: 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2023
where that arm chair reporter that closed the thread earlier

let him come and close this one too since his shamelessness is inborn

indeed irreparable damage has been done on bobo Chicago. he made his bed so let him lay on it

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Massiveglory: 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2023
tinsel:
Op, you are mischievous. You failed to add where they said they don't have it because he had picked it up.
Dey play .
Your daddy is now certified criminal.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Rayban26: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
Massiveglory:

Dey play .
Your daddy is now certified criminal.

grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Iamgrey5(m): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
Racoon:
Can you read?.

University clearly said replacement certificate is issued by third party vendors not them

He also said the policy has changed over the years.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Novarisammy2: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2023
tinsel:

The witness also said it is possible that vendors are
responsible for the certificate Tinubu submitted to Nigeria’s electoral commission ahead of the vote.
“Some policies have changed over the years. When there is a replacement diploma, it is done by outside vendors,” he said.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Iamgrey5(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2023
Novarisammy2:
where that arm chair reporter that closed the thread earlier

let him come and close this one too since his shamelessness is inborn

indeed irreparable damage has been done on bobo Chicago. he made his bed so let him lay on it
What do you understand by third party vendors.

He said they don't issue replacement certificates but only transcripts

He clearly said that replacement certificate are issued by third party vendors.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by seunmsg(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2023
Racoon:

It's such a shame some of you can't read and understand. They said they don't have a copy because it has been picked up. They never said the copy is fake. Simple English bro.

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Iamgrey5(m): 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2023
press9jatv:
The guardian newspaper was right all along. Abeg the mods should move it to the front page joor. Daily independent report Tinubu certificate forgery news too.
This propaganda even when the university said Tinubu that attended their school is a male?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Racoon(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2023
seunmsg:
It's such a shame some of you can't read and understand. They said they don't have a copy because it has been picked up. They never said the copy is fake. Simple English bro.
I know your ass is being fried seriously because of the hot steaming roasting your drug baron illegitimate president is collecting from the multiple angles of his criminality in the US.

Now what can you say about this statement; “I don’t have a copy of the diploma that was submitted to INEC so I can’t comment on it.I am not aware of the fact that in the form that he submitted to INEC he claimed a different nationality or date of birth.

Yes, our records show that he was born on March 29th. One has ‘1954’ while the other shows ‘1952. From time to time, people do make mistakes when
making such entries.”[/i]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by press9jatv: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2023
Iamgrey5:
This even when the university said Tinubu that attended their school is a male?
😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by press9jatv: 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
seunmsg:

you will defend drug baron Tinubu and certificate forger Tinubu tired.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Advancedpenis: 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
Bola oooooooo

Mynd44.

Seunmsg una see una life for public?

First class in accounting he worked in Deloitte and Exxon Mobil.

Mynd44 say na he graduated with honors

Sharpsharp00123 come cable news is Igbo an ipob

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Rayban26: 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2023
Racoon someone edited your topic and it was obviously not you. We all know who

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Iamgrey5(m): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2023
press9jatv:
😂
I initially thought you guys claimed it was case of identity theft. grin

So it's now transgender Tinubu that attended the school no longer identity theft..

6 Likes

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by press9jatv: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2023
Rayban26:
Racoon someone edited your topic and it was obviously not you. We all know who
😂 it’s the mod that did that now . This is the true headline here. 😆

4 Likes

Re: Replacement Diplomas Are Done By Outside Vendors - CSU Registra by Racoon(m): 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2023
Iamgrey5:
I initially thought you guys claimed it was case of identity theft. grin So it's now transgender Tinubu that attended the school no longer identity theft..
Forgery, perjury, identity theft, Heroin-drug baronism

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Milton Friedman On Slavery And Colonialism. A Must Watch For Africans / Cameroon Kills 27 Boko Harammilitants In Border Clashes / Chief-Of-Army Staff Decorates Officers, Cadets, Soldiers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.