Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness (11738 Views)

NYSC Has Outlived Its Purpose, The Government Should Do This Instead / Lai Mohammed: NYSC Has Increased COVID-19 Cases In Nigeria / NYSC Has Started Paying November Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2023
tuoyoojo:

May lightening split ur spinal cord and that useless finger when u take type rubbish.

I aired my opinion, if u get different opinion say it but as ur parents nor train u well and na sawdust and rotten akamu full ur head,u nor fit u talk normal like person

Is it ur money?! If them decide to use the money take Japa or dem decide to invest am, how that one take concern u

If the country better, who wan go oyibo land go dey hustle.

Na OGun go kill you

Your mother and stupid papa will labour in vain

Oloshi want to brag
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by iamtardey: 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2023
No take am personal but if na because of nysc program I forbid I’ll agree to go to school Aje … I know lot of you that did did because of the cloth for show biz for the free hookups and all bla bla…I just believe it’s a useless program that risk your life for nothing… don’t even talk about the pay
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2023
eteebanky:

Na OGun go kill you

Your mother and stupid papa will labour in vain

Oloshi want to brag

Na trailer go climb that ur useless finger and yeye fone when u take dey type rubbish.

See this useless insignificant piece of statistic when nor get any value other that occupying space.

To say u papa withdraw on time, I nor for dey follow this yeye animal dey talk
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Na trailer go climb that ur useless finger and yeye fone when u take dey type rubbish.

See this useless insignificant piece of statistic when nor get any value other that occupying space.

To say u papa withdraw on time, I nor for dey follow this yeye animal dey talk

Na your olosho useless mother fvckup sha, if to say she no spread leg that night

Omo ale, thunder go strike you.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
eteebanky:

Na your olosho useless mother fvckup sha, if to say she no spread leg that night

Omo ale, thunder go strike you.

20 naira condom when ur papa nor fit afford nine dey cause all this problem

Na poverty go kee u and ur entire generation
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by JetStar: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Whalis:
Stop this nonsense. This is one problem we have in Nigeria once we gain a thing we don't want others to experience it.
Nysc didn't outlive its usefulness when you served isn't it?
Wicked and selfish people.

You can only write a honest review about a product after experiencing it.

I dont think the goal of the OP is to make people to reject the NYSC rather he's just giving his honest opinion about the scheme after experiencing it. Had it been a scheme where people are allowed to continue after the first year, i dont think the OP would have gone back after his experience in the first year and he would be telling those who intend to go about his experience.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by victorclean(f): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
The south can do without copers. But the north may not do. The north need copers far more than the SS, SE and probably somehow SE.

CoronaVirusPro:

Did you ask your colleagues who served in the East and South what its was like? Have you heard experiences from those that served outskirt of town in those regions?

Saying only the North benefits from the initiative is vague and baseless!

Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
tuoyoojo:

20 naira condom when ur papa nor fit afford nine dey cause all this problem

Na poverty go kee u and ur entire generation

You, your miserable generation, unfortunate parents shall all labour in vain

They can never eat the fruit of their labour.

Useless, poverty striken thing
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2023
eteebanky:

You, your miserable generation, unfortunate parents shall all labour in vain

They can never eat the fruit of their labour.

Useless, poverty striken thing

Bros, I know say hunger use two hand grip u and ur entire family. Pele , e nor easy.

Let me assure u, the suffer we u and ur entire family dey suffer nor go end if u nor agree remove the rotten akamu when dey ur brain.

Well, u nor blame u. Na cheap data and China when make cheap fone available nine I blame. If not,who even know about u
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Bros, I know say hunger use two hand grip u and ur entire family. Pele , e nor easy.

Let me assure u, the suffer we u and ur entire family dey suffer nor go end if u nor agree remove the rotten akamu when dey ur brain.

Well, u nor blame u. Na cheap data and China when make cheap fone available nine I blame. If not,who even know about u

Lol, you can't dream of having the amount of money in my account

I work at a federal government Parastatal company (can't disclose)

I'm a Biochemistry graduate and buoyant

What can you boost of fool
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Limassol(m): 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
spiSeyi:
Most developed worlds don't do programs like NYSC which have no or little impact on the economy.
The US unemployment rate stands at 3.1%, what the government does majorly is provide grants and create entrepreneurship institutions like Silicon Valley. Elon Musk got a grant from the government to start Space X, Meta, Google, and Microsoft are all products of Silicon Valley.
Which notable entrepreneur(s) has NYSC produced that has helped to solve the country's problem None undecided
Nigeria's unemployment rate stands at 53% among the youth and 90% of Nigerian graduates go to NYSC programs. The funniest thing is that it's not the US government that is creating the employment directly, the employment is being created by those who went through the grants & funding series, and Silicon Valley.
My opinions are
1 [/b]NYSC should be replaced with compulsory 6 months of entrepreneurship programs in major areas of the economy.
[b]2
Every successful candidate should be given a noninterest loan of 5M each to start a venture. [/b]
[b]3
Candidates who failed the programs should go for mandatory skill acquisition for 6 months. The government should give them the necessary equipment they need for their trade and a 1M noninterest loan. (e. g. , a trained fashion designer should be provided with a sewing machine, a weepy machine, and a 1M loan)
Feel free to object to the opinions or add yours

sad angry

That's a joke right?
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
obi58:

I wonder what university will issue you a PHD with this low level of reasoning.

Unless you are saying that Nigeria is no longer deserving to be a nation there is no reason why NYSC should be jettisoned. My main issue with the programme currently is the high level of insecurity present around the country and the level of efforts by the government to secure the country. This is crucial for the continued success of the NYSC programme.

That one year of service has broadened the horizons of so many youths who have lived all their lives in the shadow of their parents and cultural identity making them more rounded cosmopolitan and national citizens.

Do you know how many corpers landed significant jobs and business opportunities by virtue of their postings? Some corpers have chosen to permanently settle at their place of posting due to the wealth they have generated in that location.

Do you know how many corpers landed their significant others due to their one year service?

Do you know how these interspatial postings have helped foster unity and disuade ethnicity and tribalistic tendencies?

This has also helped in the transfer of knowledge and exposure to remote areas that wouldn't have experienced such developments if outsiders did not get posted there. We all know the impact of the missionaries in the development of education in Nigeria.

I don't need to trade words with you cos you sound frustrated already. The anger and inferiority complex in your long and useless epistle is quite observable...

No point arguing with you as you've only demonstrated that you possess an inferior intellect.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Benekkk: 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
True! But it’s a gold mine so it can never be scrapped!
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
eteebanky:

Lol, you can't dream of having the amount of money in my account

I work at a federal government Parastatal company (can't disclose)

I'm a Biochemistry graduate and buoyant

What can you boost of fool

Lol.....it is good to live in an alternative reality. I understand it is what you have to do so u can get by daily

Anything to feed ur in delusions of grandeur

When u come back to reality, make u go pick used bottled water for dustbin to sell so that u fit get small money to fit soak garri with groundnut laced with enough salt. If not u and ur entire generation go starve

People dey read better course na biochem u take dey brag

Government parastatal "Company" indeed

Oshey Government worker!!!
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Lol.....it is good to live in an alternative reality. I understand it is what you have to do so u can get by daily

Anything to feed ur in delusions of grandeur

When u come back to reality, make u go pick used bottled water for dustbin to sell so that u fit get small money to fit soak garri with groundnut laced with enough salt. If not u and ur entire generation go starve

People dey read better course na biochem u take dey brag

Government parastatal "Company" indeed

Oshey Government worker!!!

Fool, I can see you are one of those jobless unfortunate individuals, you don't worth my quote

Since you completed your NYSC, your life still remain the same, nawa for you

Shior
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2023
eteebanky:

Fool, I can see you are one of those jobless unfortunate individuals, you don't worth my quote

Since you completed your NYSC, your life still remain the same, nawa for you

Shior

As I dey use u dey catch cruise, don't u feel useful once in ur entire miserable life.

Abeg quote me again

grin
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tollyboy5(m): 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

The benefits are enormous and of great benefit to the existence of Nigeria.

The programme has given many the exposure to integrate with other cultures, tribes, traditions and religious. It is one of the few institutions that has harmonizes our tribal and cultural difference, and many have benefitted from it.

NYSC remains a credible institution that should be enhanced, not scrapping it.
Pure fallacy, Nigerians don't need nysc before they can travel around to do business. Nysc is not the reason Igbo business men live in Kano in multitude.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 4:49pm On Oct 11, 2023
tuoyoojo:

As I dey use u dey catch cruise, don't u feel useful once in ur entire miserable life.

Abeg quote me again

grin

Anyways no good/ positive news can ever make u happy in your miserable and frustrated life.

You're already used to it, frustrated soul
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Blue3k(m): 4:49pm On Oct 11, 2023
Lol NYSC is just means to funnel cheap labor from the educated population. State governments and businesses would have to pay market rates for teachers and other professionals is this scheme didn't exist. People with in demand majors would be sought out by employers anyway with or without the scheme.

The excuse it's for national cohesion is lame. If you want to learn about other Nigerians go book take a trip. You're already at a university that's filled with all sorts of people from other cultures.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
eteebanky:

Anyways no good/ positive news can ever make u happy in your miserable and frustrated life.

You're already used to it, frustrated soul

My correct biochem graduate, working in the government Parastatal "company" when poverty wan kee

Avoid going to pick recycled bottle when rain wan fall, so that lightning nor go scatter ur left yansh

Quote me again, make I use u dey pass time

Show me u have use
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by kulzinnyjo(f): 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
I really agree with this. Government should stop providing too much money to the young individuals because, they will use it and run away and leave their homes dry and empty. Sad but true. Those people, graduates and etc will give thier best to the West, UK, USA, Canada, Australia and nothing back home..Yes its great to go abroad and gain skills and knowledge and for better life. But How many people have returned home after studies or scholarship to give their knowledge and skills back to their country? little or close to none... Its sad. I know Nigeria is tough but with strong will and zeal, something postive and good change can be done. Very heartbreaking.

tven:
Federal Government should give them money. Lol. They will use it to Japa. All the Doctors that enjoyed cheap education and fat allawee during NYSC have all Japa. Government should not give anyone money. Anyone that collects FG money should have his/her international passport seized and placed on travel restrictions. No one can be trusted. After enjoying Nigeria, they'll run to help develop UK and Canada. Nigeria Government, be wise ooo. Many have used millions they could have use to create wealth and employment in Nigeria to Japa because they want to enjoy and you're telling govt to give people money. FG, I warn you again coz I know you're reading this. Don't give anyone money without placing them on travel ban. Nigerians are self-centered people. My opinion
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2023
olakraft:

You made a good point and my reasons for pursuing a PhD are valid.

I admire people regardless of qualifications and Sanusi is actually one of my distant mentors, please note that he has a master's degree and could have obtained a PhD if he wanted.

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala also has a PhD, yet she is also amazingly influential and useful. So it's all a matter of putting your brain to work...
so those who see nysc as achievement to are valid... There's no need scraping it but a review is ok... To some pple bsc is achievement self...
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
so those who see nysc as achievement to are valid... There's no need scraping it but a review is ok... To some pple bsc is achievement self...

NYSC can never be an achievement. It takes someone with a crude mentality to believe it's an achievement.

In Gambia, secondary school leavers are the ones who participate in their youth service, so that is how irrelevant it is.

The NYSC certificate is one of the most useless things you can include in your credentials... Take it or leave it my brother.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2023
olakraft:

NYSC can never be an achievement. It takes someone with a crude mentality to believe it's an achievement. It's a mere social scheme, just like when people volunteer for certain programmes, which is not a big deal.

The NYSC certificate is one of the most useless things you can include in your credentials... Take it or leave it my brother.
that's your opinion which u are entitled too... It's only pple with low mentality that think others can be happy with certain feats...
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2023
tuoyoojo:

My correct biochem graduate, working in the government Parastatal "company" when poverty wan kee

Avoid going to pick recycled bottle when rain wan fall, so that lightning nor go scatter ur left yansh

Quote me again, make I use u dey pass time

Show me u have use

You've already demonstrated poor logic and shallow thinking.

See your infantile line of reasoning about scrapping NYSC

It must be suck to be you in real life

Tufia, unfortunate miserable soul
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by lizko(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
Nigeria only review only what fevour the elites. Imagine Nysc 33k in this hash economy.
Built2last:
A functioning society get to review everything after a while but not Nigeria.

Corp members die in their numbers to bad road, insurgents and militants but because we have zero value for life.

No one cares
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
that's your opinion which u are entitled too... It's only pple with low mentality that think others can be happy with certain feats...

It's only someone with a poor mentality that believes there aren't bigger things to celebrate than a mere social volunteer program.

Go to other countries, it's mainly secondary school leavers that participate in youth service, maybe you can rub shoulders with them cos those are the people you are on the same level of exposure as.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by thomasjoe(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2023
It was formed for national integration after the Nigerian civil war.
The program helped unite Nigerians and is still doing so ...were it not for Nysc, what can carry some one born in Benin City to Jigawa state ?
I loved the Jigawa people and served Nigeria there .
I also learned about northern Nigeria as a result .

Nysc is not the problem of Nigeria . The real problem is clearly a leadership challenge
spiSeyi:
Most developed worlds don't do programs like NYSC which have no or little impact on the economy.
The US unemployment rate stands at 3.1%, what the government does majorly is provide grants and create entrepreneurship institutions like Silicon Valley. Elon Musk got a grant from the government to start Space X, Meta, Google, and Microsoft are all products of Silicon Valley.
Which notable entrepreneur(s) has NYSC produced that has helped to solve the country's problem None undecided
Nigeria's unemployment rate stands at 53% among the youth and 90% of Nigerian graduates go to NYSC programs. The funniest thing is that it's not the US government that is creating the employment directly, the employment is being created by those who went through the grants & funding series, and Silicon Valley.
My opinions are
1 NYSC should be replaced with compulsory 6 months of entrepreneurship programs in major areas of the economy.
2 Every successful candidate should be given a noninterest loan of 5M each to start a venture.
3 Candidates who failed the programs should go for mandatory skill acquisition for 6 months. The government should give them the necessary equipment they need for their trade and a 1M noninterest loan. (e. g. , a trained fashion designer should be provided with a sewing machine, a weepy machine, and a 1M loan)
Feel free to object to the opinions or add yours
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
olakraft:

It's only someone with a poor mentality that believes there aren't bigger things to celebrate than a mere social volunteer program.

Go to other countries, it's mainly secondary school leavers that participate in youth service, maybe you can rub shoulders with them cos those are the people you are on the same level of exposure as.
yet you think your PhD is something that pple should fall on... Mr rich mentality who is crudely myopic and full of himself... That it's not achievement to u doesn't mean it's not for others so just shut up ok
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by obi58: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2023
olakraft:

I don't need to trade words with you cos you sound frustrated already. The anger and inferiority complex in your long and useless epistle is quite observable...

No point arguing with you as you've only demonstrated that you possess an inferior intellect.

I know you are pained. Cry more. NYSC ain't going nowhere..
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Uche559(m): 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2023
We supported fuel subsidy removal, c whr we r today, now we want to advocate for NYSC cancellation, at the end the funds will be embezzle. So please let leave the NYSC for now oooo b4 we will start crying had I know. Nigeria is not ready yet. Instead of copying the democracy 100%, we copy only 20% or so and added 80% rubbish to suit few greedy idiot.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
obi58:

I know you are pained. Cry more. NYSC ain't going nowhere..

Lol... It's not my problem, that's yours. I simply opined on the issue. If that's too much for your feeble mind to grasp, then it's your cup of tea.

Adios.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? / 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? / His Fiancee Insists On Marriage After NYSC - Advice Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.