Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness (11740 Views)

NYSC Has Outlived Its Purpose, The Government Should Do This Instead / Lai Mohammed: NYSC Has Increased COVID-19 Cases In Nigeria / NYSC Has Started Paying November Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
yet you think your PhD is something that pple should fall on... Mr rich mentality who is crudely myopic and full of himself... That it's not achievement to u doesn't mean it's not for others so just shut up ok

Na ur problem be that... I don't have your time. ✌🏾
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by OyinO: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
100% on point. Scrap NYSC or make prospective youth corps members to serve in their very own LGAs. Dazzol
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by obi58: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
olakraft:

Lol... It's not my problem, that's yours. I simply opined on the issue. If that's too much for your feeble mind to grasp, then it's your cup of tea.

Adios.

You go explain tire.... Go and do your research. If world stars like Kim Min Jae and Son Heung-min could go for their one year compulsory service I see no reason why Nigerians shouldn't serve their country.

Oga PHD
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Josh00: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2023
The experience one gets from NYSC scheme is very essential to survive in a distracted economy like Nigeria's...
To be honest and non- sentimental I will also point out that most opinions ahead seems very tringent and not obtainable as FG has in addition to this other obligations as it concerns the nation at large.

I will recommend the sustain the scheme and make it cumpolsory for all graduates of varsities with a honorary amount of #1M to tvserve a base capital to beneficiaries.There should be a check to ensure beneficiaries direct the money wisely.
Skill acquisition, Entrepreneurial skils,Major ethnic languages and important value based program should be made available for corps members and made mandatory as members opts
FG will will always be in for a profit,if that's the case then beneficiaries will mandatee by law to return a certain comfortable percentage of the base capital after a given period.
I will equally remind us that even with the poor provision currently now some desperate corps members still manage to make a raise from the stipends.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2023
obi58:

You go explain tire.... Go and do your research. If world stars like Kim Min Jae and Son Heung-min could go for their one year compulsory service I see no reason why Nigerians shouldn't serve their country.

Oga PHD
South Korean service is actually a military service which lasts for 18-21 months, it is not meant for university graduates. You're just buttressing my point...

I have Korean friends, we all met in Europe and I know more about their service than you. It's meant to train them in case of military invasion from North Korea.

You're just jumping like a Kangaroo! 🦘

1 Like

Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by obi58: 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2023
olakraft:

South Korean service is actually a military service which lasts for 18-21 months, it is not meant for university graduates. You're just buttressing my point...

I have Korean friends, we all met in Europe and I know more about their service more than you. It's meant to train them against military invasion from North Korea.

You're just jumping like a Kangaroo! 🦘

Blabla blooo....

It's not about being for graduates or for dropouts.

The point is that all youths should do a one year compulsory national service.

Where in all my posts did you see me specifically referring to university graduates or emphasizing the importance of the project?

Oga PHD... Book knowledge is truly not intelligence!
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
obi58:

Blabla blooo....

It's not about being for graduates or for dropouts.

The point is that all youths should do a one year compulsory national service.

Where in all my posts did you see me specifically referring to university graduates or emphasizing the importance of the project?

Oga PHD... Book knowledge is truly not intelligence!

Chai, I have been wasting time replying a complete dunce...🤦🏾‍♂️

You can keep talking to yourself now, I won't even respond to you.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by obi58: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
olakraft:

Chai, I have been wasting time replying a complete dunce...🤦🏾‍♂️

You can keep talking to yourself now, I won't even respond to you.

Pot calling kettle black.... PhD material indeed.... grin grin grin grin grin

Olodo rabata!
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tefund(m): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2023
tven:
Federal Government should give them money. Lol. They will use it to Japa. All the Doctors that enjoyed cheap education and fat allawee during NYSC have all Japa. Government should not give anyone money. Anyone that collects FG money should have his/her international passport seized and placed on travel restrictions. No one can be trusted. After enjoying Nigeria, they'll run to help develop UK and Canada. Nigeria Government, be wise ooo. Many have used millions they could have use to create wealth and employment in Nigeria to Japa because they want to enjoy and you're telling govt to give people money. FG, I warn you again coz I know you're reading this. Don't give anyone money without placing them on travel ban. Nigerians are self-centered people. My opinion
And don't forget the japa gangs have repatraited billions of dollars to the country.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
eteebanky:

You've already demonstrated poor logic and shallow thinking.

See your infantile line of reasoning about scrapping NYSC

It must be suck to be you in real life

Tufia, unfortunate miserable soul

I am faced with the unfortunate task of dealing with a poorly trained, poverty stricken imp who claims to have read biochem and claims to be working in a government Parastatal "company". grin shocked

You done chop today so, because e get how hunger go fire ur useless intestine, u nor go dey reason well.

As u nor see used water bottle when u go find for refuse dump to sell, no garri for u to soak this evening

My guy!! Avoid rain o! Because as u dey now so, lightning dey wait to fire your left yansh!!!!

Abeg quote me again

You na good source of entertainment
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by grandstar(m): 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
Blue3k:
Lol NYSC is just means to funnel cheap labor from the educated population. State governments and businesses would have to pay market rates for teachers and other professionals is this scheme didn't exist. People with in demand majors would be sought out by employers anyway with or without the scheme.

The excuse it's for national cohesion is lame. If you want to learn about other Nigeria go book take a trip. You're already at a university that's filled with all sorts of people from other cultures.

I concur with you

Actually, traveling to other states can open your eyes to opportunities there.

A geologist who served in the North went into the gemstone business. Others have ventured into agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Jking20(m): 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2023
Whalis:
Stop this nonsense. This is one problem we have in Nigeria once we gain a thing we don't want others to experience it.
Nysc didn't outlive its usefulness when you served isn't it?
Wicked and selfish people.

Tell us what NYSC has done to your life...
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Blue3k(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
grandstar:

I concur with you

Actually, traveling to other states can open your eyes to opportunities there.

A geologist who served in the North went into the gemstone business. Others have ventured into agriculture.

Man thats so awesome. I'm happy for those two living the dream. I been reading about gem stones being found. It's interesting to me you don't see big miners going to Nigeria to mine yet.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Danfederal: 8:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
IbileIfe:

Thanks for this.
I have shared on my Nigeria Daily on X

You are welcome
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2023
tuoyoojo:

I am faced with the unfortunate task of dealing with a poorly trained, poverty stricken imp who claims to have read biochem and claims to be working in a government Parastatal "company". grin shocked

You done chop today so, because e get how hunger go fire ur useless intestine, u nor go dey reason well.

As u nor see used water bottle when u go find for refuse dump to sell, no garri for u to soak this evening

My guy!! Avoid rain o! Because as u dey now so, lightning dey wait to fire your left yansh!!!!

Abeg quote me again

You na good source of entertainment

You keep typing same words since

Come up with new words, let's have it fool

Oloriburuku oloshi
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
eteebanky:

You keep typing same words since

Come up with new words, let's have it fool

Oloriburuku oloshi

I am happy you are learning your lesson

Next time when you want to have a normal conversation like an adult avoid throwing tantrums like a baby who candy was taken from

You could have stated your position on the issue without being abusive .we could have had a normal discuss and agreed to disagree where we don't see eye to eye.

However, the self acclaimed "biochemist" having audio money and working in a government Parastatal company wan show himself. You wan show say u sabi talk

Now u want to steer the conversation back to the Nysc issue. You lie!!! My guy you lie!!!

We nor dey go anywhere. We dey here together

Na malu go kee u and that ur useless generation. Useless Goat!!!

Na acid go blind you eye there as u try to reply my message

Oya reply!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tven: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
tefund:
And don't forget the japa gangs have repatraited billions of dollars to the country.
Billions of dollars that has not eliminated unemployment and poverty. Bros, stop playing joor
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by rickleye: 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2023
I disagree. The reason why you may feel so is just due to the insecurity that abounds in the country.
By the way Korea still has a compulsory military service.
Replacing it with what you’re suggesting means that the local business in rural areas will not get the manpower they need .
Tell me how many people born in the cities move to the rural areas ? It’s the reverse. Everyone is moving to the cities big cities and nobody is moving to the igarra areas ( just as an example )
The NYSC allows you to mingle and see first hand with people from different areas of the country. I never knew how big Nigeria was until I left Lagos for NYSC in Benin State. Was posted to Auchi Poly ( see babes … )
Supported the local economy. Those restaurants were always happen when corpers came.
Or when I helped with traffic control during the busy Agbe Market day.
Or told drivers to slow down as an Road safety commissioner on the Auchi - Benin Road.
So what was achieved you may ask
1. That one year of service provided invaluable physical growth but also work experience. Where I could make mistake and be corrected with no harm.
2. Made friends
3. Discipline - those 3 weeks on camp was what I personally needed.
4. First experience as a salary earner. ( if I had my way I’d make it bi weekly instead of monthly )

Anyways I rest my case.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by LZAA: 3:37am On Oct 12, 2023
spiSeyi:
Most developed worlds don't do programs like NYSC which have no or little impact on the economy.
The US unemployment rate stands at 3.1%, what the government does majorly is provide grants and create entrepreneurship institutions like Silicon Valley. Elon Musk got a grant from the government to start Space X, Meta, Google, and Microsoft are all products of Silicon Valley.
Which notable entrepreneur(s) has NYSC produced that has helped to solve the country's problem None undecided
Nigeria's unemployment rate stands at 53% among the youth and 90% of Nigerian graduates go to NYSC programs. The funniest thing is that it's not the US government that is creating the employment directly, the employment is being created by those who went through the grants & funding series, and Silicon Valley.
My opinions are
1 NYSC should be replaced with compulsory 6 months of entrepreneurship programs in major areas of the economy.
2 Every successful candidate should be given a noninterest loan of 5M each to start a venture.
3 Candidates who failed the programs should go for mandatory skill acquisition for 6 months. The government should give them the necessary equipment they need for their trade and a 1M noninterest loan. (e. g. , a trained fashion designer should be provided with a sewing machine, a weepy machine, and a 1M loan)
Feel free to object to the opinions or add yours
Actually many nations do "NYSC"
It's actually called national service ie you serve in the military in different units
Unlike the nonsense practiced here due to fear of coups in the past and massive corruption in the forces now,citizens do their service and return to their normal civilian lives after
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 7:33am On Oct 12, 2023
tuoyoojo:

I am happy you are learning your lesson

Next time when you want to have a normal conversation like an adult avoid throwing tantrums like a baby who candy was taken from

You could have stated your position on the issue without being abusive .we could have had a normal discuss and agreed to disagree where we don't see eye to eye.

However, the self acclaimed "biochemist" having audio money and working in a government Parastatal company wan show himself. You wan show say u sabi talk

Now u want to steer the conversation back to the Nysc issue. You lie!!! My guy you lie!!!

We nor dey go anywhere. We dey here together

Na malu go kee u and that ur useless generation. Useless Goat!!!

Na acid go blind you eye there as u try to reply my message

Oya reply!!

Well, you've proven to be stubborn just like your useless unfortunate parent

Laslas, na trailer go run over them, tear them into a gruesome way and also bury them in a shallow grave
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 7:51am On Oct 12, 2023
eteebanky:

Well, you've proven to be stubborn just like your useless unfortunate parent

Laslas, na trailer go run over them, tear them into a gruesome way and also bury them in a shallow grave

My guy!!

How far nau!!

Hope say u chop enough for dream as u nor see food chop last night

I sure say as ur papa mistakenly nack ur mama belle, na only kulikuli she dey chop when she get ur unfortunate pregnancy. that na why ur brain nor form well.

This suffer when u pass thru eh. Bros na the beginning o. E nor go ever end.

Na arthritis go tear that ur useless finger when u take they type with that fone when u papa steal give u
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2023
tuoyoojo:

My guy!!

How far nau!!

Hope say u chop enough for dream as u nor see food chop last night

I sure say as ur papa mistakenly nack ur mama belle, na only kulikuli she dey chop when she get ur unfortunate pregnancy. that na why ur brain nor form well.

This suffer when u pass thru eh. Bros na the beginning o. E nor go ever end.

Na arthritis go tear that ur useless finger when u take they type with that fone when u papa steal give u

You this unfortunate being, you too.... you're not excepted

Trailer will run over you mercilessly, tanker trailer oooo
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 7:58am On Oct 12, 2023
eteebanky:

You this unfortunate being, you too.... you're not excepted

Trailer will run over you mercilessly, tanker trailer oooo

Lol

Na madness go grip u and ur entire generation

E nor go better for u and all ur entire family

Na gutter water una go dey drink until una belle go burst
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 8:00am On Oct 12, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Lol

Na madness go grip u and ur entire generation

E nor go better for u and all ur entire family

Na gutter water una go dey drink until una belle go burst

Your useless parents, you and your useless generation will suffer like it's the end of the world
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 8:04am On Oct 12, 2023
eteebanky:

Your useless parents, you and your useless generation will suffer like it's the end of the world

As u dey waka dey find garri go soak, na wheel barrow to dabaru ur right knee

This ur suffer nor to ever end till u die a miserable death
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2023
tuoyoojo:

As u dey waka dey find garri go soak, na wheel barrow to dabaru ur right knee

This ur suffer nor to ever end till u die a miserable death

See how you dy define your family, thunder go strike you.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Chidozianu(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2023
Indeed. I never wanted to serve. I gained nothing.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 9:16am On Oct 12, 2023
eteebanky:

See how you dy define your family, thunder go strike you.

My guy sorry for the late response, i had to attend to some urgent official matters

Ehen so where were we?

Ehen!!

As ur parents refused to teach you to manners in approaching a conversation, make glucoma and cataract scatter their eye balls.

U would continue to beg till u die a wretched death

Animal with no home training
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by Whalis: 10:07am On Oct 12, 2023
Jking20:

Tell us what NYSC has done to your life...
I now know Kwara State. I now know the people and their culture. For the first time I tasted Ewedu and amala I used to detest. I tasted beskia and fura. I bought a fish called kote. I have learnt a little of Yoruba. Ko si ono nibi yi. There is no road here. Da Ajayi? Where is Ajayi? Ko si aye. There is no chance. E wa bami re. Come and eat. Baba mi loke. My father in heaven.
Bros it is worth it for me.
I also met some northern guys. Shehu, Umar, Jude and others. I asked critical questions from educated northern people about Islam. They answered from the point of secularism.
I met Taye my girlfriend. I asked Deola out she never accepted. So much. So much.
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2023
tuoyoojo:

My guy sorry for the late response, i had to attend to some urgent official matters

Ehen so where were we?

Ehen!!

As ur parents refused to teach you to manners in approaching a conversation, make glucoma and cataract scatter their eye balls.

U would continue to beg till u die a wretched death

Animal with no home training

LoL, you have ran out of words fool

Thunder go strike you
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by tuoyoojo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
eteebanky:

LoL, you have ran out of words fool

Thunder go strike you

What a worthless bore you are

Na only thunder and fool be the only thing u don dey talk since

Na the only thing wen dey your retarded brain

Na cold go kee u and ur family this night
Re: Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness by eteebanky: 10:56am On Oct 13, 2023
tuoyoojo:

What a worthless bore you are

Na only thunder and fool be the only thing u don dey talk since

Na the only thing wen dey your retarded brain

Na cold go kee u and ur family this night

Na your wretched papa and mother cause all this, just one condom would have prevented this

Your father and mother with retarded brains, no future ambition fools

Die a miserable death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? / 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? / His Fiancee Insists On Marriage After NYSC - Advice Him

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.