Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,788 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything (26322 Views)

Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) / Wife Calls Husband's Side Chick On The Phone. See What Happened / Lady Calls Her Mother Who Abandoned Her For 30 Years, Her Reaction Heartbreaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by LeeSmart: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
dominique:
The kind of whiny cry babies we have as men today ehn! Tufia! Marry a poor girl, he'll come and whine that she and her family wants to kill him with billings. Oya marry a rich girl, he will come and whine that her family is taking over his responsibility and making him feel less than a man. What exactly do you men want?
Now oga op, you gave your wife 3k to cook food for yourself, herself and 2 kids as per magician wey she be. What kind of food is 3k supposed to cook? Should she starve because she's married to you when she knows she has a financially comfortable family that can bail her out? Would you have preferred if she had gone to her ex, or one toaster eyeing her on the streets for support? You should be happy you're married to a woman from a comfortable supportive family.
I for talk something but na mod. u be, u fit ban me.
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by yetty247(f): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
How do I handle this?

Are you saying you didn't see all these coming when you guys were dating?
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by BRATISLAVA: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:
Why are you feeling intimidated? Her family is doing what you can't and instead of to be grateful you want her to succumb to poverty just to massage your ego. You need to work on your self esteem

He's an ingrate.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Kobojunkie: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
Lordatkinson:
I'm currently experiencing this too in my marriage, but mine is not as bad as this. May be, is because my own wife's family are not as rich as you have depicted your in-laws.
Apart from the fact she is a spoilt brat, do you think she actually loves you? If yes, then, there is a way out.
My candid advice is that, don't fight her. When she needs your attention, like talking to you, just ignore and don't go far away from her. Your countenance will signal her that something is not alright in her home. I think that should bring her mind back to you.
However, if she actually loves material life than her marriage, my man, just cool temper.

When you carry proper, you will pay her in the same coin. For now, face your work and hustle more.
Gbam!
something tells me that your marriage is soon going to hit a hard rock all thanks to your efforts. Continue! grin
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Chetas81(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
HUSTLERS EXPERIENCE
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by frog12: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2023
JUST dey watch. don't give her anything. act like the poor husband.

but why did you marry her? were you previously rich or your parents?
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by ivolt: 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2023
Acidosis:
How did you transition from buying your wife a car and a wristwatch worth 75k to giving her 3k to cook for you and your two kids?

If your story is true (which I 100% doubt), then you have a bigger problem on your hands - the problem of financial stup*dity.

He probably overspent himself into poverty while trying to financially compete with his wealthy in-laws.
His ego will also not allow him accept life-changing help from his in-laws. This is a clear example of self-sabotage.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Deepthoughts: 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2023
marvellous2222:
My wife calls her family for everything, once I'm broke she calls her mother to send her food items, I have begged her to stop, I have gotten angry yet she said she can't be hungry in a man's house when there's excess in her parents house, my wife can't manage 3k to cook for me, a family with just 2 kids, she'll call her elder brothers and tell them I gave her 3k to cook immediately they will send money for her.

Can't a woman water down her taste to keep her marriage? They don't insult me but I feel not man enough, I feel less of myself, my wife is from a rich home and the house we are living is a wedding gift from her brothers, she's an only daughter and they over pamper her, they don't allow her ask twice.

I remember I bought a car for her when she delivered our first child my brother in-law knew about it before the car arrived cause I ordered through his company, he changed the car to something twice the one I could afford without my knowledge, when they brought a car to the house I said this isn't what I ordered my brother in-law said their Ada can't be seen driving such after marriage.

They are planning to open a business for her and they didn't involve me in the plan, my marriage is not what I wanted cause I feel like I'm not man enough.

My wife doesn't appreciate gifts from me like when it's from her family, I got her a 75k watch she said thank you and for months she didn't use it, I had to remind her that there's a watch I gave her, but when one of her brother sent her a watch worth 260k she danced and used it always.

How do I handle this?

hat did you expect going into the marriage from the onset?
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Kobojunkie: 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2023
Deepthoughts:
hat did you expect going into the marriage from the onset?
He probably wanted to sit as Lord and master over his wife in marriage. grin
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by opera1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
House gift after wedding
75k watch
250k watch

And you expect her to manage 3k to prepare food for 4 people?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by kuntash: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
She calls her family circle while you brought it to the whole world, I am sure she or her family members would likely read your post.

well done!

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by BRATISLAVA: 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You want a woman who was raised in a rich home to come and experience poverty with you? Was that some sort of agreement you both made when you got married that you would both live solely off your money and not a dime from her own family money? undecided

2. The business they are planning to open is for her, abi? Not for you? Why should they INCLUDE you in the plan? She is from that family so should she not at least get her share of the family money for herself or something? undecided

3. When you were dating her, did you not notice this same thing about her? undecided

Lol.

Check out the one frothing above you.

It's a red flag to have a rich father. Same guys who say they can't marry broke ladies. But it appears that they can't relish using finances to oppress ladies from such backgrounds, so they begin complaining. This wife is bringing a lot to the table, the husband is upset because he cannot control her with money.

Another man is emasculating him.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by skj1377(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
Oga, you married out of your class. Love is not enough am sure given a second chance she will not marry you. Next time marry within your reach.
marvellous2222:
My wife calls her family for everything, once I'm broke she calls her mother to send her food items, I have begged her to stop, I have gotten angry yet she said she can't be hungry in a man's house when there's excess in her parents house, my wife can't manage 3k to cook for me, a family with just 2 kids, she'll call her elder brothers and tell them I gave her 3k to cook immediately they will send money for her.

Can't a woman water down her taste to keep her marriage? They don't insult me but I feel not man enough, I feel less of myself, my wife is from a rich home and the house we are living is a wedding gift from her brothers, she's an only daughter and they over pamper her, they don't allow her ask twice.

I remember I bought a car for her when she delivered our first child my brother in-law knew about it before the car arrived cause I ordered through his company, he changed the car to something twice the one I could afford without my knowledge, when they brought a car to the house I said this isn't what I ordered my brother in-law said their Ada can't be seen driving such after marriage.

They are planning to open a business for her and they didn't involve me in the plan, my marriage is not what I wanted cause I feel like I'm not man enough.

My wife doesn't appreciate gifts from me like when it's from her family, I got her a 75k watch she said thank you and for months she didn't use it, I had to remind her that there's a watch I gave her, but when one of her brother sent her a watch worth 260k she danced and used it always.

How do I handle this?

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by emmanuelbrown26: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
GoldenJAT:
This particular one pass me!!
As per Sharp guy Way I be!! I don learn from this one. No be everything person go experience before sense go come!
So OP! How u want run the matter now?? You been use money impress her before marriage?
Questions plenty.
Lesson to learn:
1. Never impress a woman with money
2. First impression matters alot in dating
3. Never allow a woman to know ur weak and strong point
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Charly68: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
olabrinks:
If you can’t afford to give her more than 3k what do you expect her to do? This is not a woman that struggled to eat before marriage. When she starts earning from her business maybe she won’t have to ask them. You can’t expect her to starve to cover your shame. Good food is a necessity of life, she has two children to feed. Unnecessary ego and pride is dangerous for a man who is struggling to provide. Accept the help that your in laws are giving to you, use that as motivation to upgrade yourself and your family.
Perfect counsel .. the writer must drop is ego and appreciate the fact that the woman has an understandable family ... Kill your ego and allow your wife to relate well with her people. As long as they aren't interfering in your family affairs negatively .. Live them alone and keep doing your best till God makes you a millionaire
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Antichristus: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
OP you're so immature and childish. Did you marry blindly? What exactly do you want? Be grateful for what you have. As others have advised go and do more to be more successful in life. You married someone from a rich family and you give her 3k to cook soup/stew? That's not even enough for snacks. Is it?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Lol.

Check out the one frothing above you. It's a red flag to have a rich father. Same guys who say they can't marry broke ladies. But it appears that they can't relish using finances to oppress ladies from such backgrounds, so they begin complaining. This wife is bringing a lot to the table, the husband is upset because he cannot control her with money.
Another man is emasculating him
LOL.... yep! OP is mad that he has nothing else to oppress his wife with. undecided
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
skj1377:
Oga, you married out of your class. Love is not enough am sure given a second chance she will not marry you. Next time marry within your reach.
Which love? The reason for the whining has to do with the fact that he cannot wield power over the woman financially, the only trick he has up has sleeve, it seemed. grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by nairalanda1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
He gave his wife, in this Tinubu economy, on top of Buhari economy...N3K for soup...

Ok o.

Na so e be. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by bonnyhope: 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
marvellous2222:

How do I handle this?

Assuming it is a true story

It seems Your inlaws are well to do

Let them connect you so that you can be making enough money to take care of their daughter.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by phkka1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
Please overlook all these your complaints. It is marriage. There is no going back. Just continue to pray for God's blessings for you to meet up.
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Magnoliaa(f): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Fake story.

The only true thing about this thread. grin

And Sewun no dey pay for engagements, so what's the point?

Maybe they are enjoying the attention, sha.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by nairalanda1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
dominique:
The kind of whiny cry babies we have as men today ehn! Tufia! Marry a poor girl, he'll come and whine that she and her family wants to kill him with billings. Oya marry a rich girl, he will come and whine that her family is taking over his responsibility and making him feel less than a man. What exactly do you men want?

Now oga op, you gave your wife 3k to cook food for yourself, herself and 2 kids as per magician wey she be. What kind of food is 3k supposed to cook? Should she starve because she's married to you when she knows she has a financially comfortable family that can bail her out? Would you have preferred if she had gone to her ex, or one toaster eyeing her on the streets for support? You should be happy you're married to a woman from a comfortable supportive family.

3K for 4 people.?

Abi na which kind magic one go do for N3K.

OK o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by BRATISLAVA: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

The only true thing about this thread. grin

And Sewun no dey pay for engagements, so what's the point?

Maybe they are enjoying the attention, sha.

Guess who's back!!!
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Magnoliaa(f): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Guess who's back!!!

Don't loud it. 🙊🙈
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by BRATISLAVA: 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Don't loud it. 🙊🙈

I can keep a secret. As long as you can.
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by MrAgbako: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
All I can say is watch out for
your kids though.
Train them to be always contented with whatever they have

1 Like

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Natbrowny: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
marvellous2222:

How do I handle this?

If u can do this though. U'll be fine

BECOME A STRANGER..DO NOT REACT TO ANYTHING SHE DOES,

OBSERVE BUT DO NOT REACT.

i dnt knw ur family history but this works if u sabi tie mind with ease.
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by Exceed15: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
By this act your wife has sold you out to her family. It's a matter of time , they will rubbish like rag . You married a foolish woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by frog12: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
yes, you have to measure up, or she may eventually divorce you if she is fed up

WantsandMore:
This is why Islam forbids a man to marry a woman whose tasted luxury into penury or manage first. This is the results. The ancient were the best behavioral scientists, they encoded some of its observations into religious text way before man invented field of science. A way out; Step up or chill until you, just seem unbothered meanwhile, work your ass off to balance your feelings of not been man enough...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by darealez(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
marvellous2222:

How do I handle this?

Bruv you saw the signs before marriage but chose to ignore. The biggest turn off for me in any relationship is family and action.

While I love family, I only want a lady who's capable of making her decision void of family. If we're broke, can we still find a way out together? My eyes are wide open to the various maneuvers..

Well, since you're in it...you're in trouble. Fortunately, it's not a trouble that has no solution. First, get an elderly clerical counselor involved.

Second, you must teach...get books
Third, with TIME and constant teaching (books, seminars, expos, dinners)
Four, get used to feeling less than you and begin to work a plan to level up
Five, communicate EFFECTIVELY in language she can understand (no violence, only lessons)
Six, PRAY and lead your home effectively
Seven... TIME
Eight... More Time
Nine... More Time
Ten... Repeat from No. 1

Wishing you the best comrade!!
Re: My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything by truthhurts2: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Acidosis:
How did you transition from buying your wife a car and a wristwatch worth 75k to giving her 3k to cook for you and your two kids?

If your story is true (which I 100% doubt), then you have a bigger problem on your hands - the problem of financial stup*dity.

If you're doubting it then I can say you haven't really understand life...it can humble anyone.

Pls don't say that again...abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Group Offers Cash And Scholarship To Abandoned Mother Of Triple Twins (Photos) / Nigerian Man Suprised His Wife With A Benz After Giving Birth / How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.