Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? (26367 Views)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Pclemenza: 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The first is a miss on your part. You for sit her down, look her in the eye, and tell her pop and plain that you do not mind the mess at all, and so she should stop complaining about it. undecided

2. I take offense with you sending her kids on errands. Sending them with a message to their own mother, maybe, but sending them on your own personal errands, no. undecided
Prompt and plain not pop and plain
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by tollyboy5(m): 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

but if she needs something from me she sends same children to come to me right? I don't want to go into great details what I did for them and plans i intend to do for them. they don't have chairs in their house, they use bench. I have 4 sitter leather chairs , I was thinking of giving her one the same day the daughter told me what her mother said.

There was other things that happened. I had a quarrel with someone it got heated and drew crowds. this my so called friend came and was begging my opponent to be calmed while she totally ignored me. it was when I called her on phone she then pacified me.

I went to see her one day and she told me she went to beg the woman the next morning. I was like what ? did I ask you to do that? while she never visited me to discussed the issue or hear my side of story till date.

I'm feeling weird that she doesn't take me as a friend as I take her to be.
For you to even be in a street argument might reveal the kind of person you are. So you wanted the said friend to come and fight on your behalf?
It seems you don't even put on a thinking Cap. She did the right thing as your friend to calm the other woman on your behalf and calm you down later. Sorry to say that your friend is way smarter than you are. You're just feeling you're better maybe because you're more financially stable.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

how many children have you helped in your life to sit down and write rubbish? you can't even withstand 3kids that are not yours in your house for 1day let alone 5kids coming and going from your house daily.

Let them come stay in your house so you can cook for them , be the one to go buy ingredients that you will use to cook for them to eat, allow them to do nothing but stare at you then come out and give me your review.

nonsense! this one is talking about common sense when he doesn't have one in his head.

my sister Ignore them.you see one of the characteristics of the poor is that they're usually ungrateful and entitled.theres nothing you can do about it.thats just who they are and it's better you stop at this juncture because the day you stop giving because you have your own commitments that is when you will be seen as a bad person or only helping because you want to take advantage of them.

Channel your money to your family. That money you're using to feed ungrateful people,use it and buy Christmas clothes for your mother, beautiful shoes for your sister and send money to your brother.helping ungrateful and entitled mothers will put you in trouble as you are already seeing.stop this joke now before it turns to a circus show
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Pclemenza: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:
I moved into a new neighbourhood and i stay alone. Luckily I came across my childhood friend one fateful day on my way to fill up my cooking gas.

we exchanged contact, I found out we live closed to each other. she now has 6kids with her husband, the eldest child being 13yrs old.

As formal friends and now neighbours I tried to assist her with whatever little I could as they're not doing so great in financially.

I noticed whenever I enter her house, she's somewhat uneasy as she would apologized for the messy state of her house, the dirty floor , the roughness of the building which i don't even care to notice as I am not judging her.

I reduced my entrance into her house due to the fact I didnt want her to feel bad about whatever she might be thinking of her house. it was making feel uncomfortable to hear such complains too.

I usually send her kids on errands, which I give them monetary compensations. I called her on phone one day to send her second daughter to me that I wanna send her on an errand, she replied yes she would but I didn't see the daughter.

I was cooking rice, the kids came. I dished for them and I asked the daughter why she refused to come see me the day I sent for her. she told me it was her mother who told her not to come.

I was shocked ! if her mother didn't want me to send her on a errand she could have told me. I felt like I was disturbing her kids so I blocked her number and stop sending the kids message to run for me.

now she has been calling me but I've refused to answer her calls. am I wrong in wanting to end the friendship?

My only issue is how frequent you sent them on errands. She(their mum) felt it was getting too much hence her action. You probably feel entitled to do it(send them on errands) because of the financial aid you give to the woman.

Wanting to end your relationship with her is totally up to you, reasons valid or not.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
Pclemenza:
■ Prompt and plain not pop and plain
Nah! Growing up in the 90s, na "Pop and plain" e be! undecided
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by tollyboy5(m): 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
op you see why I said avoid mothers with children.this post is exactly the reason.

They will turn your kindness to wickedness and still blame you or say you're giving them stuffs so you can send them stuffs

Op if I were you this is what I will tell the mother.

Madam if I can't send your kids on errands please don't let me see them around my house and please don't let me meet my home dirty especially when I've cleaned it before, period.then walk out.
You must be a lady to have this high sense of entitlement. No one is saying sending children on errand is bad!
But calling the mother to send her kid to you so you can send them an errand is an insult.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

For you to even be in a street argument might reveal the kind of person you are. So you wanted the said friend to come and fight on your behalf?
It seems you don't even put on a thinking Cap. She did the right thing as your friend to calm the other woman on your behalf and calm you down later. Sorry to say that your friend is way smarter than you are. You're just feeling you're better maybe because you're more financially stable.
her friend is better than her Na him she get 6 kids that she cannot cater for and still poor? She's intelligent indeed

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Pclemenza: 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nah! Growing up in the 90s, na "Pop and plain" e be! undecided
grin
If na 90’s na pump and play we Dey call am
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
Pclemenza:
grin If na 90’s na pump and play we Dey call am
Again, Nah! Growing up in the 90s, na "Pop and plain" e be! undecided
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

Don't be stupid. The person I had an argument with said she will poison my cat cos she doesn't like cats. so I should sit and watch while she yells and threaten my pet? I had to stand up for myself and defend my poor innocent cat who is being prejudiced for a being a cat.
The lady was saying i sent my cat to harm her. imagine the nonsense. while we were exchanging words my friend came to pacify the lady while ignoring me.

same lady she has even badmouthed to me to avoid in the neighbourhood o.

you all find it very quick to criticise someone without caring to know how they feel.

2 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by frog12: 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2023
maybe you are not lying after all. find other things to do. make yourself unavailable. go out so that each time she call, you tell her you are outside and busy. blocking her is childish !

Ginaz:

I can't o. Where I reside we have constant light and clean water. I can't pack away from such a good environment.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 7upnigeria: 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:
I felt bad that she would asked her daughter not to come run errand for me. this is someone who I have been very good and supportive to since I moved here. I don't want to talk about all I've done cos it's between me and God.

the phone she's using i gave her as her own phone got spoilt.

If she could tell her child not to come to me, I'm just wondering the rest things she might be saying behind me.

could her child be lying against her mother ?

this world is wicked though. becareful of those you call friends , they may not have the same good intentions for you.

Sending her children errands is a no no. You're taking advantage of their situation.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

You must be a lady to have this high sense of entitlement. No one is saying sending children on errand is bad!
But calling the mother to send her kid to you so you can send them an errand is an insult.
lmaooo insult? grin

But it's not an insult to play and mess the whole surroundings, spoil things in the house (that the mother cannot afford to return) or collect free food courtesy of the mom who uses tactics of telling them to go and play with the neighbour so that their lunch and dinner can be sorted out.yoruba will say who no know how to put meat for mouth and look for it.smh.tomorrow now Na your type go dey open thread to wail about how ladies are getting too entitled to men's money and bringing nothing to the table but you're encouraging someone to leech on another person

Again my gender is irrelevant to the issue at hand.whether I'm a man or woman,it doesn't matter,I hate entitlement and ingratitude.even God expects us to give our time and energy serving him as he gives to us.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by frog12: 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
people send other people's children on errands. there's no problem there. i think her friend is becoming angry and annoyed maybe because of the way it is done.

7upnigeria:

Sending her children errands is a no no. You're taking advantage of their situation.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Olumaeme: 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

please be happy they didn't come to help your wife. by now people would have called you heartless and wicked that you're using them as slaves.

I'm sure your wife's eyes have cleared and she no longer associates with them. cheesy grin

I swear.
Till date, they are not on talking terms. I still see the husband wear my clothes my wife gave him. It's over 3 years.

Poor people? Fear them

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by tollyboy5(m): 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
dominique:
I just don't like this idea of sending other people's children on errands. Nothing causes friction between friends than one sending the other's child(ren) on errands. That you assist your friend from time to time doesn't mean it's a ticket for you to order her children about. It will start looking like you're looking down on them.
God bless you. Whenever i want to send a child on arrand, i say "Please can you help.."
If the child show some kind of discomfort i quickly say dont worry without having any bad blood.
Now audacity of someone calling another mother to send her child so they could send the child errand is an insult.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

Don't be stupid. The person I had an argument with said she will poison my cat cos she doesn't like cats. so I should sit and watch while she yells and threaten my pet? I had to stand up for myself and defend my poor innocent cat who is being prejudiced for a being a cat.
The lady was saying i sent my cat to harm her. imagine the nonsense. while we were exchanging words my friend came to pacify the lady while ignoring me.

same lady she has even badmouthed to me to avoid in the neighbourhood o.

you all find it very quick to criticise someone without caring to know how they feel.
madam no be everything you go say here.the more you talk,the more your words are misconstrued to make you look like a bad person.

In the first place you don't even have any point to prove to anybody.God sees your heart and motives and he is a rewarder.he rewards everyone accordingly for their deeds on Earth
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 7upnigeria: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

which errands am I sending them apart from getting me tomatoes or milk or fish within the street as the distance is just 2minutes away.

they come to my house by themselves and sometimes I'd drive them away before they would leave. I never let them go home hungry , whatever I eat, they eat too.

I don't send them to go to the market for me or use as slaves.

Madam, the little change you have is getting into your head. They were not eating before you moved into their street abi. Haven't you heard? 'Who go help you no go stress you'. Nobody truly wants their kids becoming househelps, its financial situations that makes people consider such options. If you want to help them, please help. Stop looking for cheap labour.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
madam no be everything you go say here.the more you talk,the more your words are misconstrued to make you look like a bad person.

In the first place you don't even have any point to prove to anybody.God sees your heart and motives and he is a rewarder.he rewards everyone accordingly for their deeds on Earth

Yes o. but I needed to put some point straight or they run with false narrative. imagine him judging my personality based on a street argument that he knows nothing about what led to it. can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Obinzubechi: 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2023
My dear I don't think you dropped this write up here for people's opinion because all what they're saying seems not to be sounding write to you, if you feel you know it all you shouldn't have come here asking in the first place.....you can't be too sure your friend actually told the daughter not to come, confront her and hear what she will say, and feeling entitled that the children must always do what you ask of them is too bad, for me that is know more help, because you are expecting something in return.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 1Sharon(f): 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2023
I hate this african habit of sending your own or other people's kids on errands.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:
SAMBARRY thanks for your kind words. I've given them space o but funny enough they don't want to give me space. I don't know how to drive the kids away from me.
tell the mother in clear words and actions.no hide mouth talk am or be sounding apologetic, speak firmly and with conclusion.if after telling the mother the kids still come around,do something that will provoke the woman that will make her never to allow her kids around your house again.e.g when the kids come around (that's after you must have warned her o) carry broom and sweep their legs off your premises.anybody that is Yoruba knows the meaning of that.

No mother can stand watching her kids getting embarrassed or chased away so that trauma will be a reminder to her to ensure she doesn't allow her kids to your vicinity again
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by tollyboy5(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
lmaooo insult? grin

But it's not an insult to play and mess the whole surroundings, spoil things in the house (that the mother cannot afford to return) or collect free food courtesy of the mom who uses tactics of telling them to go and play with the neighbour so that their lunch and dinner can be sorted out.yoruba will say who no know how to put meat for mouth and look for it.smh.tomorrow now Na your type go dey open thread to wail about how ladies are getting too entitled to men's money and bringing nothing to the table but you're encouraging someone to leech on another person

Again my gender is irrelevant to the issue at hand.whether I'm a man or woman,it doesn't matter,I hate entitlement and ingratitude.even God expects us to give our time and energy serving him as he gives to us.
Both of them to go their separate way if what you just typed is the true issue on ground. But what the op did still remain an insult to the other woman family.
You just want to justify the insult because the other lady is leeching.
If i were in the op shoe i will render limited assistance. I have this believe that once a person give birth to children beyond 4 then they're more than capable to face the music.
This is the reason i run away from first born female, its only me and my elder sis so why would i marry a lady with 5 younger once and poor parent? The op should have use her head in the beginning but she's enjoy feeling like boss to her childhood friend.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2023
7upnigeria:

Madam, the little change you have is getting into your head. They were not eating before you moved into their street abi. Haven't you heard? 'Who go help you no go stress you'. Nobody truly wants their kids becoming househelps, its financial situations that makes people consider such options. If you want to help them, please help. Stop looking for cheap labour.

how many children that are not related to you have you helped or fed in your life?

come and carry 5 children in your house, cook for them. then go out to buy ingredients that you will use in cooking their meals. wash the plates after they are done eating, sweep and arrange the house they disorganized. don't let them touch or do anything then come and give a review after months.

hypocrite 🚫

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

Yes o. but I needed to put some point straight or they run with false narrative. imagine him judging my personality based on a street argument that he knows nothing about what led to it. can you imagine?
exactly the reason I said you don't owe him any explanation because the more you respond to him the more he takes your work out of context and he already has a prejudice against you that you're a bad person so no need to shalaye because that Will not change his mind

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

Both of them to go their separate way if what you just typed is the true issue on ground. But what the op did still remain an insult to the other woman family.
You just want to justify the insult because the other lady is leeching.
If i were in the op shoe i will render limited assistance. I have this believe that once a person give birth to children beyond 4 then they're more than capable to face the music.
This is the reason i run away from first born female, its only me and my elder sis so why would i marry a lady with 5 younger once and poor parent? The op should have use her head in the beginning but she's enjoy feeling like boss to her childhood friend.
Nawa o.so to help person Na problem?

Na Una go still abuse am if she no she'll say she's pompous, selfish and wicked.she no fit help.omo nothing wey human being for do wey go satisfy anybody.tuehh

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by frog12: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2023
how many children do you have? why can't you send your children on errands? grin grin

Ginaz:

how many children that are not related to you have you helped or fed in your life?

come and carry 5 children in your house, cook for them. then go out to buy ingredients that you will use in cooking their meals. wash the plates after they are done eating, sweep and arrange the house they disorganized. don't let them touch or do anything then come and give a review after months.

hypocrite 🚫

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

what has she done for me that has benefited me in this friendship ? nothing! so who has been more caring to he other ? right from secondary school I've been the caring one. no be today

You knew all these and still reconnected with her? If I were you, I wouldn't at all.

That's a parasitic relationship, and not a symbiotic one.

Most relationships these days are parasitic in nature. So, I'm not surprised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
7upnigeria:

then the woman too should train her kids right instead of looking for free food for her kids.this is what happens when you give birth to children beyond the capacity you can cater for them.if she tells her kids not to go to the lady's house,she meets another person Na the same thing go still happen.na bad ending go end am because nobody likes a leech
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

You knew all these and still reconnected with her? If I were you, I wouldn't at all.

That's a parasitic relationship, and not a symbiotic one.

Most relationships these days are parasitic in nature. So, I'm not surprised.
exactly my point
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
Obinzubechi:
My dear I don't think you dropped this write up here for people's opinion because all what they're saying seems not to be sounding write to you, if you feel you know it all you shouldn't have come here asking in the first place.....you can't be too sure your friend actually told the daughter not to come, confront her and hear what she will say, and feeling entitled that the children must always do what you ask of them is too bad, for me that is know more help, because you are expecting something in return.

I will defend myself cos I know all I put through just to make them happy. and it's very repulsive that they felt I am making the kids my slaves. when that is absolutely untrue.

Other people are sending these same kids in the neighbourhood errands that are worst and inhumane without having the conscience of helping or feeding the kids.

It's easy for you to say I don't want to accept what others are saying but I do know where it pains me right now and I will not allow it cos it's not my nature to use people as slaves.

I now understand why people don't like helping others. it usually ends badly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

'My Pastor Said My Husband Planted A Killer-Charm In My Body' - Nigerian Woman / I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / Parents, Don't Use Your Kids As Your Retirement Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.