Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? (26360 Views)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:
I felt bad that she would asked her daughter not to come run errand for me. this is someone who I have been very good and supportive to since I moved here. I don't want to talk about all I've done cos it's between me and God.

the phone she's using i gave her as her own phone got spoilt.

If she could tell her child not to come to me, I'm just wondering the rest things she might be saying behind me.

could her child be lying against her mother ?

this world is wicked though. becareful of those you call friends , they may not have the same good intentions for you.

Op, friends are bad cut them off. I did for one who's always taking at my back, someone I tot got my back. This is someone I had known since 1999. Our families are well known to each other. I'd relate family issues with him due to our bond and he'd go at my back to table it among third party. I caught him four good times and I kiss him goodbye. He do call me and I pick whenever I feel like. That doesn't mean I don't call him to link him for work, and anytime we see, he speaks in a remorseful tone. There was a time he told me those group he was relating my matter with deserted him....

You are helping Ur friend, she should atleast reciprocate in a little way. I want to believe those errand u are sending her kids are not that dangerous. I'd implore u to look it that way. May you not land into trouble just by sending her kids on errand.

2 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2023
BananaPeel:

Not allowing her female child come is the best decision. When you are married and have a daughter you will understand. Take her calls and move on like nothing happens but you must create certain boundaries.
yinmu

Una children wey them no dey send message Na wetin lecturers dey send them like tomorrow no dey

Continue giving your children a false sense of how the world operates.dey deceive yourself Iya olomo.

It will get to an age where people will send your children errands and you won't be able to do shii about it.you never see where lecturers dey send people children errands? Them go even tell them make them come their staff quarters dey wash plates and even clothes.na only you get children.pele Iya olomo wey them no fit send their children grin
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Fountainofyouth(f): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Yes. I don't care. Its lazy parents that do that. Do it yourself and keep your child safe.

1st bolded, you don't care if little girls are raped in their own home? shocked

2nd bolded does keeping children safe means keeping them locked away at home makes them safe?

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by kkins25(m): 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
funkemary:
There is nothing you can do that can please human being. Even if you come with purest intention, open your heart and give it out they will still find faults in you. This is how good people ended up turning bad with criticism here and there.

Majority are saying it's bad for op to send those kids on errands whether far or near. Now a days if you correct a child the parent will fight you to the core. I believe this was how it started. If you cannot allow your ward run simple errands now don't you think that someday that child will refuse your errands as a parent?

Growing up we've run so many errands that if you don't want to go your parent will even force you to. YORUBA SAYS "igba ojΓΊ ni wΓ² omo" in one way or the other you cannot train your child alone.

Thankfully you have settled with her. I will advise that you be careful so she won't stab your back one day. Meanwhile, please keep being good.

Two groups of people actually; One who don't mind lazying around and have entitlement mindset. The second group just watch too much Disney world. Children in the West do jobs, odd jobs even, to support their family or themselves. But, When it's a black man doing the same thing, it becomes "Child abuse." πŸ˜‚... Very soon, children cleaning the house will be seen as child abuse, and since it's the parents that birth them, the parents should take care of them completely. 😁
Too much delulu on the internet. Every thing is roses and sunshine on the internet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by okerekingsley90: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
talented321:
What if the child is lying, madam life deep, okay.
You don't just cut off from people like that, just make ur findings more clear about their interest toward u..

Brother it depends on the age of the child. Kids are so innocent that they can even disclose to you unknowingly what adults can’t tell you believe me !!
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

You're just an ignorant fellow if you have comprehension problem. EOD
Continue to deceive yourself with leech mentality and see where it takes you to

Nigerian leaders itself is a perfect example.always going from country to country begging China, America, France for money they can't pay back but give so little or nothing in return and now they don turn nigeria into a butt of jokes and disrespect among comitee of nations.ib conclusion nobody likes or respects a leech.

If she likes,she should leave her friend and go to another person,Na the same scenario go play out
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by okerekingsley90: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

which friend goes to beg on behalf of their friends without hearing from the friend ? without showing concern too for the same friend ? who ignores a friend while gives attention to the person making trouble to her friend?

and you want me to believe she's genuine for me right? kobokunkie move on abeg.. your reasoning dey vex me

But konojunkie is right on the one. She has told you the truth. Nothing in this life sweet pass mind your business. You would save yourself from lots of troubles

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
tell the mother in clear words and actions.no hide mouth talk am or be sounding apologetic, speak firmly and with conclusion.if after telling the mother the kids still come around,do something that will provoke the woman that will make her never to allow her kids around your house again.e.g when the kids come around (that's after you must have warned her o) carry broom and sweep their legs off your premises.anybody that is Yoruba knows the meaning of that.

No mother can stand watching her kids getting embarrassed or chased away so that trauma will be a reminder to her to ensure she doesn't allow her kids to your vicinity again

I will do so o. thanks.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 1Sharon(f): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
[/b]

1st bolded, you don't care if little girls are raped in their own home? shocked

2nd bolded does keeping children safe means keeping them locked away at home makes them safe?

No silly. I don't care meaning i dont care how you take my response.

So because I don't believe in sending my own kids on errands, that automatically means they are locked up at home?

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2023
kkins25:

Two groups of people actually; One who don't mind lazying around and have entitlement mindset. The second group just watch too much Disney world. Children in the West do jobs, odd jobs even, to support their family or themselves. But, When it's a black man doing the same thing, it becomes "Child abuse." πŸ˜‚... Very soon, children cleaning the house will be seen as child abuse, and since it's the parents that birth them, the parents should take care of them completely. 😁
Too much delulu on the internet. Every thing is roses and sunshine on the internet.
exactly.very irritating and disturbing mentality.even when I see parents talk about how they raise their kids a part of me is disgusted and by the time their kids turn druggies, Olosho and thieves under their nose another part of me is like it serves them right.

You see where this woke mentality will carry parents, they themselves will not be able to handle it.shebi themselves are already seeing the outcome.dysfunctional children everywhere, brothers raping sisters, children disrespecting their parents,some of their children have even become a terror to their mothers because of this same ema ba Omo mi WI mentality.some are even slapping their mothers sef

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2023
okerekingsley90:

But konojunkie is right on the one. She has told you the truth. Nothing in this life sweet pass mind your business. You would save yourself from lots of troubles

that person did not tell me any truth. it may sound like the truth to you but it's untrue to me and I will never take that person's opinion cos they are known for being so sentimental and argumentative.

Click on page 6 to see how it ended between me and the mother.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by SAMBARRY: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2023
kkins25:

exactly.very irritating and disturbing mentality.even when I see parents talk about how they raise their kids a part of me is disgusted and by the time their kids turn druggies, Olosho and thieves under their nose another part of me is like it serves them right.

You see where this woke mentality will carry parents, they themselves will not be able to handle it.shebi themselves are already seeing the outcome.dysfunctional children everywhere, brothers raping sisters, children disrespecting their parents,some of their children have even become a terror to their mothers because of this same ema ba Omo mi WI mentality.some are even slapping their mothers sef undecided
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

it is you that lack conscience and human sympathy. you're the reason why some people help from a distance. someone who has been assisting you from her human compassion is sick to the extent she landed in the hospital, you can't render back that same compassion in her sick bed. her sickness didn't move you, the confusion of the husband not knowing where to put his child while he goes to work didn't move you.

you're asking him if he knew she would take permission from her husband. yet the sick woman has gone without her husband permission to care and feed them.

you're terrible. you lack compassion. you feel as long as the giver has given, the giver has no right towards having some compassion given in return. The bible said iron sharpen iron. The sick wife is very entitled even in her low point.

you're a terrible person and you will soon experience what the sick wife has experienced too.

You really are all up in your head, so I'm not surprised you arrogantly insist your opinion is right.

First off, the bible says do not allow your left hand know what your right hand does, meaning help and expect nothing in return, in fact the bible expects us to help from a distance, without publicity and fanfare.

Secondly, if the sick woman was single I would have excused the other woman on the basis of her not having anyone to help, even at that there is a limit to it because she is a married woman with kids, but this is a sick woman who is married, how exactly will you expect the other woman to leave her household to come stay with someone that has a husband that can care for her? Can't the husband take excuse at work to stay with his wife because there is no job that won't give him sick leave if he requests for it, why can't he do that? Doesn't he have friends around that he can take his daughter to so he can stay with his wife? Hell he can even let his daughter stay with that family to take care of while giving them little stipends for the assistance, that way, the woman can be available for her home at the same time helping them out with their daughter, more like killing two birds with a stone, why can't he do all these things?

Try to be logical in thinking it's not that hard, emotions will not get you anywhere, the highest that family can do is to visit the woman at the hospital if possible everyday and go back home that's all, not sleeping over when she has her family to cater for, wisdom is profitable to direct abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by escapadechuks: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

you that is a nice person how many of your neighbour's kids have you helped or allowed into your house on a daily basis?

hypocrite 🚫

Atleast I don't go about using other people's children as my errand boys and girls. Change.

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by torqque7(m): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

Your dirty mouth don ever help anybody for this life? go and carry 5kids in your house, cook for them, allow them access to your kitchen, prepare their meals, wash the plates and sweep the house for straight 3 months. dont allow them to touch anything chores for you o.

then come out to give a Ε•eview.
Hypocrite 🚫 . I'm sure you will and can never do that.

Just imagine talk. Who asked you to do all that biko that you are now thinking because of that then you are entitled to sending her kids as you like? You need to examine yourself honestly because if this is how you are in real life then you have issues.

Blocking her JUST because you heard something from her baby?are you kidding me?abi is there any other issue before this that you have bottled up?bia how old are you self. This your action just says you have had her in mind for a while and was just looking for a slight opportunity to cut her off because you think you are better than them.

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
1Sharon:

No silly. I don't care meaning i dont care how you take my response.

So because I don't believe in sending my own kids on errands, that automatically means they are locked up at home?

I asked a question, you said for kids to be safe, they shouldn't be sent on errands, so I asked that will locking them at home make them safe? And by lock I mean figuratively

And no you didn't mean your own kids, you said Africa, meaning generally, which prompted my question.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by mosesjay(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
This story no balance, you blocked her and she is still calling u? This ur story is not real
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by escapadechuks: 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2023
torqque7:

Can you imagine the rubbish someone typed?no she born kids for you to be sending on errands na because of your tachere 200 naira that you dash them you now feel entitled to them been at your beck and call?I blame the poor woman for trying to keep a relationship with an opportunist and arrogant fellow.

Dem no born you well say you go send my kids on errands for you shey you want make ogun kill you?The woman even respects you and was been nice trying to even contact you after blocking her based on her alpha and Omega wey you be na,rubbish. You think the world revolves around your entitled ass? Entitlement ontop person children? You dey craze,what if the child goes missing or kidnapped?you think say na all this rubbish you are saying here? You better thank your God nothing happened to those kids when you sent them other wise na you for dey beg now and not feeling all arrogant and entitled.

You took the words out of my mouth. And she's still running her mouth everywhere

She's giving conditional help and thinks she being charitable.

So for her two two hundred naira, she can be picking her phone to call another woman to send her daughter to go buy her things. It just sounds outrageous to me and I'm so so surprised that she really believes she's right.

She's a terrible friend and that woman is better off.

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 1Sharon(f): 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

I asked a question, you said for kids to be safe, they shouldn't be sent on errands, so I asked that will locking them at home make them safe? And by lock I mean figuratively

And no you didn't mean your own kids, you said Africa, meaning generally, which prompted my question.

Ofcourse it doesn't. But if it keeps them safer then I'm doing that.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by escapadechuks: 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
9icetoo:

Your entitlement mentality is astonishing.

Truly, common sense is not as common as it ought to be.

Unless of course, you are just trolling.

Which makes your post and comments barely okay.

Truly astonishing indeed

2 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You really are all up in your head, so I'm not surprised you arrogantly insist your opinion is right.

First off, the bible says do not allow your left hand know what your right hand does, meaning help and expect nothing in return, in fact the bible expects us to help from a distance, without publicity and fanfare.

Secondly, if the sick woman was single I would have excused the other woman on the basis of her not having anyone to help, even at that there is a limit to it because she is a married woman with kids, but this is a sick woman who is married, how exactly will you expect the other woman to leave her household to come stay with someone that has a husband that can care for her? Can't the husband take excuse at work to stay with his wife because there is no job that won't give him sick leave if he requests for it, why can't he do that? Doesn't he have friends around that he can take his daughter to so he can stay with his wife? Hell he can even let his daughter stay with that family to take care of while giving them little stipends for the assistance, that way, the woman can be available for her home at the same time helping them out with their daughter, more like killing two birds with a stone, why can't he do all these things?

Try to be logical in thinking it's not that hard, emotions will not get you anywhere, the highest that family can do is to visit the woman at the hospital if possible everyday and go back home that's all, not sleeping over when she has her family to cater for, wisdom is profitable to direct abeg.

The bible said w should help pur neighbours as ourselves. does it mean its only a giver who will help? so cos a giver as given , when he desperately needs help he should expect nothing in return? is that how it works? didn't the bible say what you give others you shall get in return?

see how you made lots of excuses to back up the other woman who refused to render assistance to a sick person who has made sacrifices even against the wish of her husband to make sure her family is well off but you didn't offer any tangible solution in the least way she could have helped her sick friend.

if she was a good person she would have gone out a bit to assist in any little ways she could. The husband said she rejected every thing they might have suggested.

you are acting as if this is not Nigeria , do you think you can just request leave without meeting the terms of your managements? you want him to get sacked? as for his friends and family they may be too far from the hospital or engaged in something that they couldn't leave immediately to run to the hospital.

That's why people don't help. You lots feel the giver is a stone or has no emotions. some people you will give your last drop water but they will let you die of thirst while holding a jug of water.

becareful of helping people o. The world is a very wicked place.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by xavuv: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2023
What you did was wrong madam.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by xavuv: 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:
I felt bad that she would asked her daughter not to come run errand for me. this is someone who I have been very good and supportive to since I moved here. I don't want to talk about all I've done cos it's between me and God.

the phone she's using i gave her as her own phone got spoilt.

If she could tell her child not to come to me, I'm just wondering the rest things she might be saying behind me.

could her child be lying against her mother ?

this world is wicked though. becareful of those you call friends , they may not have the same good intentions for you.

Nonsense talk

2 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
escapadechuks:

Atleast I don't go about using other people's children as my errand boys and girls. Change.

you have not helped anyone but you have the guts to open your dirty mouth that they are being used.

it's people like you that someone will give their last blood for but you can't reciprocate when they need blood to survive too.

always judgmental about what they can't give.

go and care for 5kids for months and see if you want send them errands. dirty hypocrite
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by xavuv: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Offpointng:

I did this and that for her, Oga shut up.

If na ur children dem dey send anyhow like that, u go like am? You feel entitled to it cuz you gift them things??

You're Rude and she should even be the one to cut you off
πŸ’―

2 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by xavuv: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

but I should run errands for them abi? who eats the food i sent them ingredients to buy? ordinary to buy tomatoes and fish to cook food they will end up eating is now a crime abi??

If they help wash plates they used in eating or sweep house is such a big crime right? on top me that entered kitchen to cook for them. I swear the mother can't do such for my kids the way I treat hers with care.

abeg get out my front ... I don't have your time.

Stop caping nonsense

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Ofcourse it doesn't. But if it keeps them safer then I'm doing that.

The bolded is what I wanted to draw out from
you and I'm glad it worked.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by IjebuWarrior: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

na you dey madd. your madness just dey start. hypocrite wey no fit allow him neighbor children stay him for house and cook for them for even 2days dey want still talk.

Madam, once again...

You're indeed MADDD! 🀬

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
now let me put it in plain terms, nothing in this world is free. if she know say it's an insult for them to send her pikin, make she tell her pikin say make their leg no Comot for their house.nobody gives without expecting in return except you're a parasite or leech.its this mentality of collecting free stuffs without being useful that makes ritualist dey use free money dey lure Una type of people with this school of thought
Now we are finally talking!! If OP had presented it all in that term, then this would all make sense. But OP tries to paint this picture of herself as an altruistic soul who got stabbed when all the while her story betrays that image. And I will be honest with you, OP's idea of how things ought to have gone is a pretty common mentality among Nigerians - Kindness with requirements attached. undecided

If you desire to have people pay you for your "kindness" then make it known upfront the kind of kindness you are offering to them. undecided

4 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by escapadechuks: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

you have not helped anyone but you have the guts to open your dirty mouth that they are being used.

it's people like you that someone will give their last blood for but you can't reciprocate when they need blood to survive too.

always judgmental about what they can't give.

go and care for 5kids for months and see if you want send them errands. dirty hypocrite

You sound so sure about all you typed about me like you know me. Lol. You're just grasping at straws. You couldn't have been more wrong.

Anyway, truth is I help people when I can. It's not something to brag about. It's just basic human decency. But I don't help them expecting anything in return. . . Unlike you.

It's not too late sha. Change. You're too entitled and arrogant. It's not nice.

Calm down and reflect on yourself. You hate hearing the truth. That's why this post has entered 15pages and counting. If you want to help somebody, help them. If you don't want to help, don't help. You're nobody's God OK? She shouldn't need to turn her children to your nannies because you give them "something" after. Get off your high horse and realize you messed up.

They were surviving before you came along. They'll still survive without you.

If you want to send someone on errands, please send your own children.

Enjoy.

4 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Olumaeme: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oboy, come on!! this your tale no get sense! So, you wanted her to leave her own marriage and children to come to cater to your own marriage just like that, all because you used to help them with their needs? Na wa ooo!!! undecided

Come on, bros dey read nau.
How is supporting someone who feeds and clothes your family when they are sick leaving her marriage?

Just to help the person supporting their family is a bad thing?

So what is now their usefulness?

Abeg shift.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 1Sharon(f): 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

The bolded is what I wanted to draw out from
you and I'm glad it worked.

Going by your logic, why bother having kids at all? Afterall, anything could happen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Sex And Your Marriage: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Writes / I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / 'My Pastor Said My Husband Planted A Killer-Charm In My Body' - Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.