Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? (26458 Views)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by LIGHTROOM: 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

so if you block someone they can't use another number to call you? what's your point? that I would lie on such small details? na wa

I never said you are lying, it your story and not mine. Just forgive and move on. There is great reward in giving, it might not come from the receiver but it will surely come
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Coolgent(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:
I felt bad that she would asked her daughter not to come run errand for me. this is someone who I have been very good and supportive to since I moved here. I don't want to talk about all I've done cos it's between me and God.

the phone she's using i gave her as her own phone got spoilt.

If she could tell her child not to come to me, I'm just wondering the rest things she might be saying behind me.

could her child be lying against her mother ?

this world is wicked though. becareful of those you call friends , they may not have the same good intentions for you.

Because you bought her a phone doesn't mean you have the right to send her kids on errand at will especially if it involves crossing road, and considering the current state pf the country.
Do yourself a favour and handle your things.
Have a rethink please.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by AntiMen: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

na her children, I am not dragging her children but she shouldn't send them to me again. that's all I'm saying. whenever the children comes to me I'd send them back home. message that they don't move past the street, in change of the money I give them to buy something for themselves so who is losing more ? I'm the one losing more.

I love that you take life as the fact that it's a business transaction..

Nothing goes for nothing...

Life is a give and take thing..

However, because of the relationship btw you and your friend, you should have been subtle with your approach to this life's transaction..
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by 3ice9ce: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

which errands am I sending them apart from getting me tomatoes or milk or fish within the street as the distance is just 2minutes away.

they come to my house by themselves and sometimes I'd drive them away before they would leave. I never let them go home hungry , whatever I eat, they eat too.

I don't send them to go to the market for me or use as slaves.

Shut up. The fact that you see nothing wrong with it shows why their mother is avoiding you.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Kobicove(m): 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
alfsalami:
Saying her child had not eaten fried egg before save for you is insulting and shows you were actually looking down on the family which their mother noticed.

You mean she actually said this? sad
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2023
please y'all should click on page 6 and see the conclusion of the whole matter.

I'm really tired of all these comments. it's no longer necessary and i don't even know why the mods pushed it to front page as it is not a recent issue. it happened last month and it has been concluded.

whatever anyone decides to call me is what they feel. I've been traumatized by all the things I was called. we are all free borns, how can I make another human my slave ? it doesn't sit well with my own soul.

I no longer give the kids access to my house as I used to. they only eat and go home now as I can't bear the thought of seeing these kids hungry.

I'm scared of letting any child come closed to me these days. The matter has taught me life is in black and white. like rolled dice ,your good deeds may backfired or have negative consequences.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Titusolufemi(m): 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2023
Make una leave the op alone, she is not ready to take correction.
Do not help to expect help in return.
Even the bible is against it.
It doesn't cost you a dime to clear your doubt from the mother before you blocked her.
If you are privileged to help, help without condition.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by MarketDispatch: 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

n't take me as a friend as I take her to be.

I know your type...your type is one of those who would have asked your friend to allow one or two of her kids to come stay with you and you'll be sending them to School, but she blew the chance.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by neonly: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. It is OK that they come to your house by themselves but sending them on errands outside of your house that they came to? No! undecided

Abeg free d OP he must be a baby
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Starboytwo(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2023
AliEzeOlu:

Op really sounds like a good lady who feels let down by a friend she took as a sister. I perfectly understand how you feel. Please just forgive that friend of yours. But don't you ever forget this betrayal she's caused you.

Hopefully, soon, you shall have your own biological kids to send around. Much love dear.
wow, I read everything from beginning to this part, men, different opinions, different mindset, different style. Everybodys input was actually okay. I can understand from both sides.

I'm very big on loyalty, and I side with OP and I feel that's what pained OP. I ride for my niggas, you gotta ride for me too.

And I'm sure OP knows she instructed that girl not to come that day...

I learnt another thing today by reading the comments.. Lol.. don't do too much

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by olivegirl(f): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2023
[quote author=Ginaz post=126519152]

why did she not tell me she doesn't want her kids to run errands for me? And besides , the same kids come to my house everyday , eat my food and all. Have I ever complained the way they come to my house and scatter my things?
do you know the inconvenience i go through when 5 of them come to my house? I cook and make sure they're ok..
Be mindful of your choice of word. No woman likes you sending errand to her children. Even if you are her dango te.
Please normalize telling people how you feel rather than keeping long face. Life is not trade by ba.....
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Greenfusion: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2023
Rhado:
Omo people are funny o!
You will come to me for help of different kinds, your kids come to my huz and eat, I send them to buy ingredients to prepare food they will also eat from but to send them errands I'm reminded they're are not my kids but I play more of mother figure to them.
You people that assume she sends them on errand regularly did u ask how often she provides assistance to them or it doesn't matter. Phone wey u dey use na me buy am for you. What brought the kids to her huz the day she asked the girl the question; food.
So ur children go come chop but to go message dey pepper u, does she know how hard things are to be feeding kids who are not yours.
No wahala, make op withdraw all assistance or make the parasites stay on their own.
He how pays the Piper dictates the tone.
Them first assign or force the work to/on am, nor be im do am willingly...e shouldn't be entitled, those children dey feed b4 e arrive the location, weda dem dey feed well or not....mak e remove the entitlement from im head...if e wan assist make e assist, if e nor wan assist e forget am simple.....nor b im kids.
E know wetin d child dey do wen e request for am..
Abeg make e rest for d mata
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2023
MarketDispatch:

I know your type...your type is one of those who would have asked your friend to allow one or two of her kids to come stay with you and you'll be sending them to School, but she blew the chance.

May God be praised. my mom used to tell me i trust easily and it will get me in trouble but I always don't listen. I don't know if cos I'm an only child though, I Interact with kids like I'm their age mates and play freely with them.

who would have thought sending my friend's kids to buy ingredients would caused so much issues ?

but that's why life is a classroom. you learn everyday. The mention of using them as slaves was so repulsive to me i had a mental breakdown. I had never nursed such feeling even to my pets.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by lomprico(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:
I moved into a new neighbourhood and i stay alone. Luckily I came across my childhood friend one fateful day on my way to fill up my cooking gas.

we exchanged contact, I found out we live closed to each other. she now has 6kids with her husband, the eldest child being 13yrs old.

As formal friends and now neighbours I tried to assist her with whatever little I could as they're not doing so great in financially.

I noticed whenever I enter her house, she's somewhat uneasy as she would apologized for the messy state of her house, the dirty floor , the roughness of the building which i don't even care to notice as I am not judging her.

I reduced my entrance into her house due to the fact I didnt want her to feel bad about whatever she might be thinking of her house. it was making feel uncomfortable to hear such complains too.

I usually send her kids on errands, which I give them monetary compensations. I called her on phone one day to send her second daughter to me that I wanna send her on an errand, she replied yes she would but I didn't see the daughter.

I was cooking rice, the kids came. I dished for them and I asked the daughter why she refused to come see me the day I sent for her. she told me it was her mother who told her not to come.

I was shocked ! if her mother didn't want me to send her on a errand she could have told me. I felt like I was disturbing her kids so I blocked her number and stop sending the kids message to run for me.

now she has been calling me but I've refused to answer her calls. am I wrong in wanting to end the friendship?

First of all, how old are you? undecided
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Kingson28: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=126518951]1. The first is a miss on your part. You for sit her down, look her in the eye, and tell her pop and plain that you do not mind the mess at all, and so she should stop complaining about it. undecided

2. I take offense with you sending her kids on errands. Sending them with a message to their own mother, maybe, but sending them on your own personal errands, no.

So, she can’t send the kids of her friend she’s supporting financially on errands?
What kind of friendship is that?
Her money is okay to be shared with her friend, but her errands are not okay to be shared, abi?
How some of you think baffles me seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Rhado: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
Greenfusion:

Them first assign or force the work to/on am, nor be im do am willingly...e shouldn't be entitled, those children dey feed b4 e arrive the location, weda dem dey feed well or not....mak e remove the entitlement from im head...if e wan assist make e assist, if e nor wan assist e forget am simple.....nor b im kids.
E know wetin d child dey do wen e request for am..
Abeg make e rest for d mata
Tor, make everyone dey dia dey. Make the kids mama nor dey call op again.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by lomprico(m): 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:
I felt bad that she would asked her daughter not to come run errand for me. this is someone who I have been very good and supportive to since I moved here. I don't want to talk about all I've done cos it's between me and God.

the phone she's using i gave her as her own phone got spoilt.

If she could tell her child not to come to me, I'm just wondering the rest things she might be saying behind me.

could her child be lying against her mother ?

this world is wicked though. becareful of those you call friends , they may not have the same good intentions for you.

You are not a good person, so because you assist her sometimes, she owes you an obligation to release her kids for you to send on errands?
You are not a good person. Pls cut off the relationship, she is better off without you. Don't forget, no condition is permanent!

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Rhado: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
[quote author=Kingson28 post=127124629][/quote]
Honestly, quite baffling.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Ginaz(f): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
lomprico:

You are not a good person, so because you assist her sometimes, she owes you an obligation to release her kids for you to send on errands?
You are not a good person. Pls cut off the relationship, she is better off without you. Don't forget, no condition is permanent!

you must be crazy! where did i ever said their condition is permanent? may God bless them and provide for the children. I nor be God and i will never claim his role.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by odunH(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
Magnoliaa:

This is likely the case.

She doesn't like you like that, but just wants you around for the things she'll benefit.

She gives off a bitter, contentious vibes.

I don't know about others, but it is always very much a thing of "pride" to my parents to have us helping our neighbours run errand. Yes, some people definitely overdo it but that's not what I am defending here.

It is the communal intention behind it that I am referring to...others would also gladly, willingly allow their kids run errand for my parents. Like, we're more of our neighbours' children than our parents' and the idea is about helping each other out and sharing. Like you said, you cook for them too, and give them money. I don't think you're doing that from a bad place.

And the talk of something happening to the children on the way is just funny. Really? Like really? Over a long distance, I get. But kids that play in the streets all the time and go to buy sweets and biscuits for themselves, something bad will suddenly happen to them when you send them on errand. Like everybody goes outside to buy things with the thought of something bad happening to them.

Shey they were living fine before you moved in next door?
And you always get your things by yourself when kids weren't around you?

Great. Just keep your distance and everybody will be fine.

Also, let me add this, you see that person you fought that she went to beg, I'm 99% certain that they've badmouthed you.

There's a Yoruba expression for it, but it's not coming to me, and it is a very terrible attitude.

Two people will fight, with one person being the instigator o, and somebody will go and be begging that person. I really really h8 it.

Even if there was no clear instigator sef, she's your "supposed" friend. Her loyalty should be to you first and trying to pacify you both together neutrally at the scene of fight. But going to meet the person the next day again? Eish.

I guess this is why some people always say to be wary of old friends you reconnected with. They're hardly the same person you knew.
Thank you for this. The handwriting is on the wall for Ginaz to see that she's no true friend. The way some people reason here when, I shake my head. No sympathy to assist but when needed when it's not everytime. Children wey dem dey train to even learn how to be nice, hardworking for outside you dey claim dem one make am slave. Abeg put ur pikin under yansh naa. Ginaz God ll give you yours.

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by jaxxy(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
yoniehuin:
They are not your kids, why do you think you are entitled to send someone's kid on errand just because you are friends with the mother or because you feed them

The mother was right, her kids are not your errand children

If you had a kid and people send them on errand as they feel like, will you be happy.

Dont you think if any thing happen to those kids on errands, do you think the mum will be happy with you, she will blame you forever

That's why she has blocked her and her kids do they can stay in their lane and so they don't blame her for anything that my happen to then since she is responsible for anything that happens to anybody.

Kids that can come to her house to eat and she helps their family bt they can't run basic errands samw errands they run for their mum or even far less? undecided

Truth is some people who u wish well may not wish u well back. its good to stay on ur Lane and let people carry their own cross. everybody should maintain their lane

1 Like

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by odunH(m): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
GabrielYulaw:
@Ginaz, you are a real good person and that's so rare to see. But the problem is that Nigerians love taking undue advantage of good people. Whatever you decide next, put yourself first.

And biko, please remember that Nairaland is like a heavily polluted river. Not everyone here is sane or with properly working brains. So, that explains why some saw wrong in what you were doing. Just do your best to filter out the good from the bad here. Thankus.
Exactly! The way dey reason ehn!. Ginaz is lonely you can't even support her not that she's taking over your child that's a baby but a little grown up and they are emulating hardwork, aids, care from her. Una still dey complain. Who suppose to even say go and check on aunty Ginaz. Is she fine? Does she need assist? Abeg make unreasonable commenta no fly near me o

2 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Rhado: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
odunH:
Thank you for this. The handwriting is on the wall for Ginaz to see that she's no true friend. The way some people reason here when, I shake my head. No sympathy to assist but when needed when it's not everytime. Children wey dem dey train to even learn how to be nice, hardworking for outside you dey claim dem one make am slave. Abeg put ur pikin under yansh naa. Ginaz God ll give you yours.
Omo the wey people here dey take reason dey shock me. For me when next the kids visits I will bring out food in their presence and eat without giving them (though it maybe hard) and when next the mother asks for assistance I will give stupid excuse why I can't assist.
Let's just be friends for mouth since Ur kids going on few errands they also benefit from is slavery, make we just dey greet dey go and from time to time I will send dem back when they come to my place. They've been living before I moved in make dem continue dey live.

3 Likes

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by gabbytabby: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Yoruba says you use hand to wash hand so that hand can get clean. With the average 9ja na one way street you give they take hence they object to the children running little errands for you.

Make she hold her children so that you hold your money all this greedy takers full ground.

If you were a man I for understand and then they would not send their especially female child to you.

Ginaz:
I moved into a new neighbourhood and i stay alone. Luckily I came across my childhood friend one fateful day on my way to fill up my cooking gas.

we exchanged contact, I found out we live closed to each other. she now has 6kids with her husband, the eldest child being 13yrs old.

As formal friends and now neighbours I tried to assist her with whatever little I could as they're not doing so great in financially.

I noticed whenever I enter her house, she's somewhat uneasy as she would apologized for the messy state of her house, the dirty floor , the roughness of the building which i don't even care to notice as I am not judging her.

I reduced my entrance into her house due to the fact I didnt want her to feel bad about whatever she might be thinking of her house. it was making feel uncomfortable to hear such complains too.

I usually send her kids on errands, which I give them monetary compensations. I called her on phone one day to send her second daughter to me that I wanna send her on an errand, she replied yes she would but I didn't see the daughter.

I was cooking rice, the kids came. I dished for them and I asked the daughter why she refused to come see me the day I sent for her. she told me it was her mother who told her not to come.

I was shocked ! if her mother didn't want me to send her on a errand she could have told me. I felt like I was disturbing her kids so I blocked her number and stop sending the kids message to run for me.

now she has been calling me but I've refused to answer her calls. am I wrong in wanting to end the friendship?
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by coputa(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

I was cooking rice, the kids came. I dished for them and I asked the daughter why she refused to come see me the day I sent for her. she told me it was her mother who told her not to come.she doesn't like you sending her kids on errands,so stop it, friendship is respecting each other and doing what each other want, cooking food and giving to them is also another wrong attitude of yours, keep the friendship but be mindful

Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by coputa(m): 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
oxiide22:
can you help me with 50k to start small business sir
what is the nature of the business
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Charx122: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

These no need blocking her and keeping her in suspence, it will be matured of you to confront her one in one instead of keep it heavy in your heart, make peace and continue your good dedes.

She's got a number of kids you never can tell what the future holds I believe these a reason for everything. Thank you.
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by nairalee(m): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

why did she not tell me she doesn't want her kids to run errands for me? And besides , the same kids come to my house everyday , eat my food and all. Have I ever complained the way they come to my house and scatter my things?
do you know the inconvenience i go through when 5 of them come to my house? I cook and make sure they're ok.

what's little errand they can't help me go? and I give them the change left. so who is stressing more between me and the children ?

You did nothing wrong. This world people will always find a way to twist anything to look bad. Trust me many of them will do worse in your shoes.

My advise for u is to use your tongue to count your teeth. Limit your closeness to the woman but don't cut off entirely. Apply wisdom in ALL your relationships
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by oxiide22(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2023
coputa:
what is the nature of the business
selling of indomie and fried egg at campus
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by malvisguy212: 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2023
dp
Re: was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? by Mom007(f): 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ginaz:

you're such a dummy. if you had read through all the pages you would have seen the conclusion of the matter but you only read the first page and you're foaming at the mouth like a paralysed animal.

thank you for your input and shut up jare.
You shut up with your stupid post and comments. You think everyone is so jobless to be reading through all the posts... for what? Your stupidity is evident enough from the original post n first page thank you very much. If you are sure you did well, why bringing the issue here? Wicked and foolish people everywhere! 🙄

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Is Marriage For Me? / The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men / Lady Mourns Her Husband's Death, Two Months After Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.