Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband (29128 Views)

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 5:38pm On Oct 23, 2023
[quote author=SIRTee15 post=126572797]

Have u answered the question I asked u?
In case you have forgotten...who got married to Christ first, myself or the church?

The question you have asked is the wrong question. The right question would be: Who among you and Paul in the bible became married to Jesus first? And the answer to that would be: Paul, of course; because he lived before you. If you asked who between you and a christian who will be born 1000years from now, is first married to Jesus? then the answer will be you; since you lived before that christian lived.

As for the church, well, you are the church, and the church is you. There is no difference! You are not separate entities. He who does not know this, knows nothing about who the christian is. #ChristianMysticism.

Show me anywhere in my post where I wrote polygamy is a sin.

wow! I never knew you never said polygamy is a sin. I am sorry for lumping you up with all the other deniers of the legitimacy and spiritual validity of polygamy in christianity.

Since I have given you the curtesy of answering your questions, can you now do me the curtesy of aswering mine? And please remember to ask the Holy spirit for wisdom that superceeds all human knowledge, since you all seem to think it is me that is trying to bring in my teachings into christianity. Remember, he promised you; this is the Holy spirit promising you that he will give you what to say when the time comes when you are confronted, like I am confeonting you now.

So, here is my request again:

Show me anything from the bible, or the sacred tradition, if you are of the christian faith that believes in the sacred tradition, that proves this big-fat lie of yours that polygamy was not God's 'original' plan and that it is gone with the okd teastament. This is a challenge, and you can ask the holy spirit to give you the words to say it (afterall, he promised that at times like this when you are confronted, what you will say will be given by the spirit), words which when taken into consideration by a fair mind, will only lead him to your conclusion, and words which when responded to by the unfair mind, will, obviously, reveal itself (the response) to be unfair.

remember that my position is that there is no 'original' plan for marriage, at least not one that excludes polygamy.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

When God made his covenant with the Israelites, were they one nation or two nations.
When did they become 2 nations, before the covenant or after the covenant.
Your answer lies in your honest answer of above.

which of my questions is this meant to be an answer to?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by bigiyaro(m): 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2023
mysticwarrior:
How was the land cannine their ancestral land? Abraham heir ancestors came from Ur in mesopotamia which is in present day Iraq.
when they finish with Palestine, Iraq will be next.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
MiddleDimension:

which of my questions is this meant to be an answer to?

You asked only one question.
Why did God say he's husband to both israel and judah?

And I'm asking u when God established the union, were Israelites one nation or two nations.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2023
[quote author=MiddleDimension post=126573354][/quote]

This is what happened in the garden of Eden.

The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2023
[quote author=MiddleDimension post=126573354][/quote]

Mr Man u just contradicting yourself up and down.

This what u said earlier.

yes, he is married to the church and no one is disputing that. what we are saying is: if he is married to the church, it is first of all a consequence of him being married to you first of all! This is the depth of christian marriage, whuch you do not understand

In this post u claim Jesus got married to myself first b4 the church.
Now u claiming I'm the church.

Which is which. Mr Man drink water, gather your thoughts and give a reasonable response.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 9:32am On Oct 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

When God made his covenant with the Israelites, were they one nation or two nations.
When did they become 2 nations, before the covenant or after the covenant.
Your answer lies in your honest answer of above.

Exactly!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2023
LordReed:

I have never spent 40 years traveling to my village so there is no chance I would leave the kind of evidence people who have lived in the same place for 40 years would have.

Even in the 1 to 13hours when you travel the evidence of your travel is not there not to talk of 40 years travel.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 9:49am On Oct 25, 2023
MiddleDimension:

So, answer this question: if polygyny is an abomination or an anathema to your God, why then did he describe himself as the husband of two women, Judah and Israel...

SIRTee15 has already answered you that Isreal was ONE not two before the one got the torso carrying her 2 legs amputated off, the rest of her body.

As i have told you, you have nothing.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Even in the 1 to 13hours when you travel the evidence of your travel is not there not to talk of 40 years travel.

There is no comparison between traveling and living within an area for 40 years with traveling between 2 distant points for 13 hrs. For one they are living and conducting all the activities associated with hundreds of thousands of people living in an area which generates way more debris than a single person traveling for 13hrs.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 11:29am On Oct 25, 2023
LordReed:

There is no comparison between traveling and living within an area for 40 years with traveling between 2 distant point for 13 hrs. For one they are living and conducting all the activities associated with hundreds of thousands of people living in an area which generates way more debris than a single person traveling for 13hrs.

You did not read well. They did not live in an area for 40 years. They were moving (travelling) and stopping at different spots over the course of 40 years exactly like Young Shall grow night buses used to stop well well when they were travelling from Lagos to Calabar or ehen like Ethiopian airlines stop over flights where Delta Airlines take 12 hours from Atlanta to Lagos, Ethiopian stop overs take tactically almost 48hours and there is no debris to found be found of either of them.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You did not read well. They did not live in an area for 40 years. They were moving (travelling) and stopping at different spots over the court of 40 years exactly like Young Shall grow night buses used to stop well well when they were travelling from Lagos to Calabar or ehen like Ethiopian airlines stop over flights where Delta Airlines take 12 hours from Atlanta to Lagos, Ethiopian stop overs take tactically almost 48hours and there is no debris to found be found of either of them.

You didn't read very well. They were in the same area for 40 years. They would kill animals, eat and discard bones, poop, discard waste, bury the dead and all the other associated debris hundreds of thousands of people would normally generate just by living and you want to compare that to 1 person taking a trip.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
LordReed:

You didn't read very well. They were in the same area for 40 years. They would kill animals, eat and discard bones, poop, discard waste, bury the dead and all the other associated debris hundreds of thousands of people would normally generate just by living and you want to compare that to 1 person taking a trip.

See, you did not read well. Here is a brief list of places where they stopped.

From Exodus 13 upwards we see Etham, Pi-ha-hiroth, Marah, Elim, Kadesh, Midian,
Nu. 20:1,22, 33:36–37
Located in the Wilderness of Zin; Miriam's burial place

Mount Hor Nu. 20:22, 21:4, 33:37–41
On the border of Edom; Aaron's burial place according to Numbers
Zalmonah
Nu. 33:41–42
- -
Punon
Nu. 33:42–43...
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See, you did not read well. Here is a brief list of places where they stopped.

From Exodus 13 upwards we see Etham, Pi-ha-hiroth, Marah, Elim, Kadesh, Midian,
Nu. 20:1,22, 33:36–37
Located in the Wilderness of Zin; Miriam's burial place

Mount Hor Nu. 20:22, 21:4, 33:37–41
On the border of Edom; Aaron's burial place according to Numbers
Zalmonah
Nu. 33:41–42
- -
Punon
Nu. 33:42–43...

The Sinai area is 60sqkm, that is a small area to be wandering in for 40 years. You are speaking as if they never stopped moving day in day out when several times it is said that they camped and stayed at locations for days. Even if they never stopped moving will they not eat? Will they not poop? Will they not stop to bury the dead? So thousands of people die over 40 years in a 60sqkm area and their bones cannot be found?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
LordReed:

The Sinai area is 60sqkm, that is a small area to be wandering in for 40 years. You are speaking as if they never stopped moving day in day out when several times it is said that they camped and stayed at locations for days. Even if they never stopped moving will they not eat? Will they not poop? Will they not stop to bury the dead? So thousands of people die over 40 years in a 60sqkm area and their bones cannot be found?

Can you identify who owns the poop between Abuja and Okene that it belongs to Muhammad's people or that it belongs to Tinubu's people? Or did you not read that even Jacob asked to be buried in the promised land? So obviously, they carried their dead.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Can you identify who owns the poop between Abuja and Okene that it belongs to Muhammad's people or that it belongs to Tinubu's people? Or did you not read that even Jacob asked to be buried in the promised land? So obviously, they carried their dead.

There's no poop to identify that's the point.

They carried the dead bodies of thousands of people who died over the course of forty years? Are you kidding?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2023
LordReed:

There's no poop to identify that's the point.

They carried the dead bodies of thousands of people who died over the course of forty years? Are you kidding?

There normally isn't! You wont find the poop you laid when you were travelling after a week or 2 especially when you buried it or covered it with sand. Even the one laid open turns to sand and dust. That's my point.

Secondly, there is no big deal in carrying their dead. Mortuarying and handling of dead bodies is a part of living.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 9:17am On Oct 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

There normally isn't! You wont find the poop you laid when you were travelling after a week or 2 especially when you buried it or covered it with sand. Even the one laid open turns to sand and dust. That's my point.

Secondly, there is no big deal in carrying their dead. Mortuarying and handling of dead bodies is a part of living.

Dude they would not be carrying round with them the dead bodies of 200,000+ people.

Not just poop, trash, bones of animals that were eaten, burn pits, etc. Nothing, no evidence.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 9:53am On Oct 26, 2023
LordReed:

Dude they would not be carrying round with them the dead bodies of 200,000+ people.

Not just poop, trash, bones of animals that were eaten, burn pits, etc. Nothing, no evidence.

Were they not more than 3million people? Surely 200,000+ bodies is not an issue

Poop, trash, food wastes etc these things are never there when you travel. Surely you have not found the bone you ate last time you travelled to Oré
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Were they not more than 3million people? Surely 200,000+ bodies is not an issue

Poop, trash, food wastes etc these things are never there when you travel. Surely you have not found the bone you ate last time you travelled to Oré

Have you seen the trash heaps in Lokoja before? How would I find my own trash amongst the trash of millions of people.

Dude they were not travelling with the bodies of their dead.

Deuteronomy 10:6
And the children of Israel took their journey from Beeroth of the children of Jaakan to Mosera: there Aaron died, and there he was buried; and Eleazar his son ministered in the priest's office in his stead.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Image123(m): 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
LordReed:

Lolz, have you found your great great grandfather's bones first before looking for bones of people you don't know?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 8:39am On Oct 27, 2023
LordReed:

Have you seen the trash heaps in Lokoja before? How would I find my own trash amongst the trash of millions of people.

Dude they were not travelling with the bodies of their dead.

You did not go to the heap to pile your thrash so how can it be there?

But the mere fact thst you can't find your own thrash in lokoja has proven my points.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 8:52am On Oct 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You did not go to the heap to pile your thrash so how can it be there?

But the mere fact thst you can't find your own thrash in lokoja has proven my points.

LoLz. Are you being fatuous? Where do you think the trash comes from?

No, it actually disproves your point. The trash of 1 person is insignificant compared to the trash of millions and the trash of millions cannot be ignored.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Are you being fatuous? Where do you think the trash comes from?

No, it actually disproves your point. The trash of 1 person is insignificant compared to the trash of millions and the trash of millions cannot be ignored.

Thrash mostly comes from settlers. Travellers thrash are mostly in the way of travel therefore are always lost in transit.

Millions of people including you and i have tranversed Abuja Lagos, Portharcourt-Lagos and we have never one day seen our last thrash.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Thrash mostly comes from settlers. Travellers thrash are mostly in the way of travel therefore are always lost in transit.

Millions of people including you and i have tranversed Abuja Lagos, Portharcourt-Lagos and we have never one day seen our last thrash.

I specifically mentioned Lokoja because many travellers will stop there to buy one thing or the other which gets disposed of. When you dispose of your trash there it is collected and dumped in the trash heap, along with every other person's trash in the vicinity. That conglomeration of trash is very substantial. Why would you see your last trash when it is in the midst of a millions of people's trash?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

I specifically mentioned Lokoja because many travellers will stop there to buy one thing or the other which gets disposed of. When you dispose of your trash there it is collected and dumped in the trash heap, along with every other person's trash in the vicinity. That conglomeration of trash is very substantial. Why would you see your last trash when it is in the midst of a millions of people's trash?

Lokoja is a settlement travellers meet along their route of travel.

So the correct place to look for your thrash is on the road before or after lokoja where you stopped and threw your thrash or peed/poopood in the bush as you were traveling.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 8:51am On Oct 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Lokoja is a settlement travellers meet along their route of travel.

So the correct place to look for your thrash is on the road before or after lokoja where you stopped and threw your thrash or peed/poopood in the bush as you were traveling.

I didn't deposit any trash until I got to Lokoja.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 10:51am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

I didn't deposit any trash until I got to Lokoja.

Then, that's why you do not understand that people poo and pee and throw their travel thrash in the bush even before/after they reach and pass Lokoja.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Then, that's why you do not understand that people poo and pee and throw their travel thrash in the bush even before/after they reach and pass Lokoja.

So if we go into the bush we'll see the poo and trash. Thanks for proving my point. LoLz.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Dtruthspeaker: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

So if we go into the bush we'll see the poo and trash. Thanks for proving my point. LoLz.

Go into bush and see if you would find your poo and thrash after 2 weeks not to talk of thousands of years. That's my point!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by LordReed(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Go into bush and see if you would find your poo and thrash after 2 weeks not to talk of thousands of years. That's my point!

It's not only the poop though. They buried hundreds of thousands of people, they discarded a lot of animal bones, 40 years of all these activities and no sign? It is simply implausible.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Image123(m): 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

It's not only the poop though. They buried hundreds of thousands of people, they discarded a lot of animal bones, 40 years of all these activities and no sign? It is simply implausible.

This is either huge ignorance or self deception. Have you gotten proof of your great great grandfather yet,before looking for what is not lost?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mentally Challenged Man Healed By Lords Chosen Church Members In Ebonyi (Photos) / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit / Oyedepo: Those Saying Pastors Are Stealing Risk God’s Wrath

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.