Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband (29120 Views)

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Moneyboyz: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2023
Also show me where an Asian or European is using your black ancestors doctrine to live their lives.

Una sha wan remain slave all Una life.
Continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MXrep: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2023
Danegun777:
cool

How did Adam populate your fantasy Isreal story garden of Eden to populate the world

Isreali Jews are very weird people, with their ridiculous tales of lies

They claim to migrate from Egypt to Palestinian land for 40years , 365 * 40 = 14,600 days to travel 600 killometers, they moved like snail covering 1km per month , 33 meters in one day

They stayed one place for the forty years at Kadesh Barnea in the desert before continuing their journey
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Zchi1052(m): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2023
Na woman fit post this
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Image123(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2023
PythonTutorials:
But why did God not condemn David for marrying so many wives 🤔

Because it was permissive.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by sandland: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2023
Danegun777:
cool

How did Adam populate your fantasy Isreal story garden of Eden to populate the world

They claim to migrate from Egypt to Palestinian land for 40years , 365 * 40 = 14,600 days to travel 600 killometers, they moved like snail covering 1km per month , 33 meters in one day

If you don't know anything, keep quiet.
The Israelites settled in the deserts for days and months they may remain in one place.

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2023
I don't support the bible, but marrying more than one wife in this economy is not a Wise choice
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by jayAjoku(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2023
see them always manipulating men to stick to only them while they go about cheating and lying I just knew it was a woman championing this post

2 Likes

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Danegun777: 9:46am On Oct 22, 2023
seguno2:

How is it that you and your ancestors didn’t work hard enough to make the fantasy story of your tribe’s creation, the dominant one in the world

My tribe story of creation is more sensible and even adopted by Brazilian and Caribbeans
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by emerged01(m): 9:48am On Oct 22, 2023
Mercisharelove:
The scripture comfirm one male and one female relationship!

Not one male, more females as wives, no, not so from the beginning. How do you know?

Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

The man is the specie, the male and female! The spirit being, the creature of ELOHIM, THE CREATOR!

A man isn't a boy, no, it's the combination of male and female.

2:24 Therefore shall *(a) not two or more)* man leave his, not their) father and his mother, not their mothers), and shall cleave unto his *(wife) not wives* : and they shall be *one flesh, not many flesh, but one.* Pure spiritual! Follow the truth!

His rib, his wife and they shall be one flesh. Now if you want to relate physically, I am talking about marriage, romantic relationship, living together.

So, stop hurting yourself, be free, pray you meet the man you can meet their needs.

You know the female is like God, like THE HOLY SPIRIT, she has and is built to display all the attributes of GOD ALMIGHTIEST, the help meet for him, the man is greatly help, the same way Isaac was comforted, when Rebekah arrived, that's what THE CREATOR , GOD ALMIGHTIEST SAID before unveiling the most beautiful of HIS creations, while Adam was deep asleep, yet Adam was aware, through revelation that she was taken from the bones of his bones and flesh of his flesh, he said "she shall be called a woman", because she was taken from a man that THE LORD HAD CREATED AND MADE!

Ladies fly...Proverbs 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

Will marrying more than one wife make one miss Heaven?

Hannah was a second wife.

Exodus 21 vs 10

1 Share

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AutoConsult: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2023
I just knew a woman post this😂😂
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Babaken(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2023
And who was there to record that Genesis 2:23 since it was only Adam and Eve back then.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Mosba: 9:51am On Oct 22, 2023
One wife and one man will forever remain white man fantasy documented in a book called Bible and rapings here and there by the so called men of God in this part of the world has proven that to be folly in Africa! We need our own version of Bible! Call it AFRICA REVISED EDITION Or King James Black, I no care. New testament incominnnnnnnnnng!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by omooba969(m): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2023
Ready007:
I don't support the bible, but marrying more than one wife in this economy is not a Wise choice

Pragmatically, it's a better choice if they're all resourceful and 'respect order'.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Rayjnr: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2023
AfonjaConehead:
One man one wife is God's model and template.

Says the Europeans right?, What about homo?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by luminouz(m): 9:59am On Oct 22, 2023
Eyinju112:
I don’t argue anything biblical online. Because many just read some parts and judge with it, they don’t read deep and see what had transpired or will transpire before a certain quote was made. If only Christians can believe that we ain’t under the mosaic law. The mosaic law is the Old Testament, when jesus came, there were things he put straight and as Christians we are the followers of Jesus Christ. The New Testament is where jesus footstep is and that is what all Christians should follow. The account of 1 Corinthians chapter 7 states that polygamy is unlawful; and that one man is to have but one wife, and to keep to her; and that one woman is to have but one husband, and to keep to him and the wife only has a power over the husband's body, a right to it, and may claim the use of it and so as the man only has power to his woman’s body.
Dey play you hear? Does it make sense to you that a man will go to a place called hell because he married more than one woman? Women he took care of, sired children with and was happy with? Check nature and see the harem-mentality of animals everywhere.

You are saying polygamy is awful because it doesn't favour you to have a cowife and I get you. But there is absolutely nothing wrong in a man talking multiple wives that he can take care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by ayomidefavour: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2023
Danegun777:
cool

That's true because at most 1km should be covered in 2hours while trekking

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Mubiola360: 10:01am On Oct 22, 2023
PythonTutorials:
not just David, even our Father Abraham and king Solomon (peace be upon them )
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by omooba969(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:
Point 5

One flesh!

"ONE FLESH"
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Genesis 2:24, referenced in Matthew 19:5,6, Mark 10:8, 1 Corinthians 6:16, Ephesians 5:31

A man is "one flesh" with EACH woman with whom he copulates, whether in marriage (wife) or in fornication (harlot). When a married man, who is therefore already "one flesh" with his wife, copulates with another woman, that does not then negate his being "one flesh" with the wife. This is evident by the fact that 1 Corinthians 6:16 reveals that a man can be "one flesh" even with an harlot. As even a married man, therefore, can become "one flesh" with an harlot, that proves that a married man can indeed be "one flesh" with more than one woman, without negating his being "one flesh" with his wife. As that is so even with a married man with an harlot, it is thus just as equally true regarding a man being "one flesh" with more than one wife. For further proof, the very next verse provides the context of the plural-to-one aspect, i.e., 1 Corinthians 6:17: "But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit." As EACH Christian is joined as "one spirit" with the Lord, that then demonstrates the context of the plural-to-one aspect. Namely, as EACH Christian is joined as "one spirit" with the Lord, so too may EACH woman be joined as "one flesh" with one man. Lastly, when the Lord Jesus, in Matthew 19:5,6 and Mark 10:8, was re-quoting that original "one flesh" verse of Genesis 2:24, He was only dealing with the issue of divorce, saying, "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Matthew 19:6c-d.) That was opposing divorce of God-joined marriages, of what God Himself had joined together as "one flesh".

For context, it is exegetically important to note that the "one flesh" verse itself of Genesis 2:24, which the Lord Jesus was re-quoting, was written by Moses. And Moses married (was "one flesh" with) two wives: Zipporah (Exodus 2:16-21 and 18:1-6) and the Ethiopian woman (Numbers 12:1). The term, "one flesh", could not otherwise allegedly mean that a man could not be "one flesh" with more than one woman because three things did indeed happen. 1) Moses did marry two wives. 2) Moses did author such other verses as Exodus 21:10 and Deuteronomy 21:15. 3) Jesus Christ did not speak against Moses' being "one flesh" with two wives. Hence, the Scriptures reveal that Jesus and Moses knew what "one flesh" meant when Moses authored Genesis 2:24: a man may be "one flesh" with more than one woman.

From Biblical Polygamy
http://www.biblicalpolygamy.com/exegesis/one-flesh/

How you guys are so knowledgeable about the history of another race and so brilliant at dissecting the texts/facts, but bereft of your own history.

This is so disturbing bcoz y'all have lost your identity, your originality and you don't even know it.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by TenQ: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2023
Danegun777:

Ok you are right... They moved at 33 meters per day.... Hallelujah

Mscheew!!!
Uncouth!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by suratwo62: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2023
This is God's Law. It was not given by any man. God approves of marrying more than one wife

15 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:

Deuteronomy 21: 15
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Msports: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2023
PythonTutorials:
Follow the Bible leave David
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by jubrilELsudan: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2023
BUT ABRAHAM FVCK HIM HOUSE GIRL CUM GIVE AM BELLE YET GOD STILL MAKAM FATHER OF MANY NATIONS

KING SOLOMON GET 1,000 WIVES PLUS 7,000 CONCUBINES YET GOD STILL PRODUCE HIM SONGS OF SOLOMON

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by seguno2: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2023
sotall:
cool
A book that promotes slavery of humans caanot be used as a standard for how humans should live.

What other religious book and culture didn’t (past tense) promote slavery?

Did the whites/Christians not have a change of heart to stop slavery, while Arabs continued, and blacks like Madam Tinubu wanted to continue selling their fellow Africans as slaves

Efunroye Tinubu

The often cited biography titled Madame Tinubu: Merchant and King-maker, authored by Nigerian historian Oladipo Yemitan, paints her views regarding slave trading.

On one occasion, during her final sojourn in Abeokuta, she was alleged to have sold a young boy into slavery and was accused of it. When arraigned before Ogundipe Alatise over the matter, she reportedly explained: 'I have a large house-hold and I must feed them well. I need money to do that, that's why'.

— Oladipo. Yemitan, 'Madame Tinubu: Merchant and King-maker'

Another section of Yemitan's Tinubu biography, referred to as the Amadie-Ojo Affair, captures a slave trading deal gone sour in 1853 (notably after the 1852 Treaty abolishing slavery in Lagos) wherein Tinubu tells another slave trader (Domingo Martinez) that "she would rather drown the slaves [20 in number] than sell them at a discount".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efunroye_Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by seguno2: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2023
Danegun777:
My tribe story of creation is more sensible and even adopted by Brazilian and Caribbeans

Did you see the part about- dominating the world?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by suratwo62: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2023
God gave Moses laws. One of the laws has to do with marrying two wives. Deuteronomy 21: 15. If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Eyinju112(f): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2023
I don’t believe bad people go to hell. And yes a man who marries two wives is seen as a fornicator in the eyes of God because to him the second wife is invalid. Either he takes good care of her or not, that’s his decision and choice. He is fornicating , And fornication is among the 10 command God gave. Thou shall not fornicate.
luminouz:

Dey play you hear? Does it make sense to you that a man will go to a place called hell because he married more than one woman? Women he took care of, sired children with and was happy with? Check nature and see the harem-mentality of animals everywhere.

You are saying polygamy is awful because it doesn't favour you to have a cowife and I get you. But there is absolutely nothing wrong in a man talking multiple wives that he can take care.

1 Like

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by sotall(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2023
seguno2:

What other religious book and culture didn’t (past tense) promote slavery?

Did the whites/Christians not have a change of heart to stop slavery, while Arabs continued, and blacks like Madam Tinubu wanted to continue selling their fellow Africans as slaves

Was i comparing other religions or culture with the bible in my post?

A religion that claims to be from God who created humans cannot at the same time promote enslavement of humans.

Even in the new testament, those who claim to have heard from Jesus and received the holy spirit were promoting slavery openly.

The black man needs to wake up.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by killsmith(f): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2023
sotall:
cool

A book that promotes slavery of humans caanot be used as a standard for how humans should live.
My brother I tire. How can a book written by cavemen in the stone age, tell us how to live in this modern age?

2 Likes

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by seguno2: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2023
sotall:

Was i comparing other religions or culture with the bible in my post?

A religion that claims to be from God who created humans cannot at the same time promote enslavement of humans.

Even in the new testament, those who claim to have heard from Jesus and received the holy spirit were promoting slavery openly.

The black man needs to wake up.

Which of the religions that you know, claims not to be from God
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Hassanmaye(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2023
Confused religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by BadBradley: 10:21am On Oct 22, 2023
Mercisharelove:
The scripture comfirm one male and one female relationship!

Not one male, more females as wives, no, not so from the beginning. How do you know?

Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

The man is the specie, the male and female! The spirit being, the creature of ELOHIM, THE CREATOR!

A man isn't a boy, no, it's the combination of male and female.

2:24 Therefore shall *(a) not two or more)* man leave his, not their) father and his mother, not their mothers), and shall cleave unto his *(wife) not wives* : and they shall be *one flesh, not many flesh, but one.* Pure spiritual! Follow the truth!

His rib, his wife and they shall be one flesh. Now if you want to relate physically, I am talking about marriage, romantic relationship, living together.

So, stop hurting yourself, be free, pray you meet the man you can meet their needs.

You know the female is like God, like THE HOLY SPIRIT, she has and is built to display all the attributes of GOD ALMIGHTIEST, the help meet for him, the man is greatly help, the same way Isaac was comforted, when Rebekah arrived, that's what THE CREATOR , GOD ALMIGHTIEST SAID before unveiling the most beautiful of HIS creations, while Adam was deep asleep, yet Adam was aware, through revelation that she was taken from the bones of his bones and flesh of his flesh, he said "she shall be called a woman", because she was taken from a man that THE LORD HAD CREATED AND MADE!

Ladies fly...Proverbs 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
you're as confused as almightiest

Dumb religious feminist
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by TheWinterBird(f): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2023
Of course, that is God's order and design for marriage: one man, one woman. There are other places in the scripture that affirms this as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On / Lady Becomes Homeless After Sowing Her House Rent As Seed To Pastor / Mentally Challenged Man Healed By Lords Chosen Church Members In Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.