Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband (29011 Views)

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

What about Muhammad the pervert prophet? Was his own holy spirit or evil spirit

In Genesis alone there are about three incest which Yahweh blessed and didn't punish them.

They are even part of the ancestors of Jesus your God!

You be ewu!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Bluezy13(m): 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2023
Harrynight:

The fact that 2 or more people do the same thing doesn't make it right.

God who instituted marriage said 1man 1wife
For some reason unsatisfied men pack more join body.

It's a sin going against the direction God gave,
although God might have a reason for allowing them do their wishes,
But for a fact, majority of them taking more than one wife always end up badly as a result of the the wives misleading them.

You ended up saying nothing.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

You think? Since when did an Islamist start thinking? Is thinking not bidah and shirk?
And you're even thinking for Christian while being AntiChristian? Are you sure you're ok

Of course I am okay!
Go home and use your drugs!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Ok. Mention the name of the wife and her children

Okpo

Anuofia!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Dumbo just doing copy and paste
Can you mention the names of the children of Moses' second wife since you interpret Numbers 2v1 as Moses marrying a second wife.

Moses did marry Zipporah and another Ethiopian woman not mentioned by name in the Bible!

Some historical account call her Tharbis or so!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Was she still married to him?

And we're they related biological?

Bring relevant verse or meshionu!
Look at this Dumbo
So because they're not related gives mumumadu the right to lust after his adopted son's wife
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Na your God!

Islam no be Christianity!

Meshionu gi bro!
Good!!
I love to hear that
So what is Abraham, Moses, Jacob and other Jewish characters looking for in Qur'an
Is your Allah impersonating the Jewish God?
I won't be surprised though
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

In Genesis alone there are about three incest which Yahweh blessed and didn't punish them.

They are even part of the ancestors of Jesus your God!

You be ewu!
I don't think an Islamist is the right person to pontificate on incest given the fact your Muhammad had no restraint when it comes to women including his son's wife
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Harrynight(m): 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2023
MiddleDimension:

Don't bring the wrath of God on yourself with the bolded.

That would rather attractive Blessings for him bro,
Polygamy is WRONG, It's never God's will for man
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

This your exegesis is your personal opinion and at best an heresy.

It is not my opinion. go back and read 2 Cor 11 vs 1-3. it says:

"I wish you would tolerate me, even when I am a bit foolish. Please do! 2 I am jealous for you, just as God is; you are like a pure virgin whom I have promised in marriage to one man only, Christ himself. 3 I am afraid that[b] your minds [/b] will be corrupted and that you will abandon your full and pure devotion to Christ—in the same way that Eve was deceived by the snake's clever lies."

The bolded, which is plural, shows that he was not addressing the church as a single entity, BUT THE INDIVIDUAL CHRISTIANS AND THAT WHY HE USED THE PLURAL "MINDS"! IF HE WERE REFERING TO THE CHURCH AS A BODY IN VS 2, HE WON'T HAVE GONE ON TO USE THE PLURAL "MINDS". He would have used the singular!

[/quote]So Jesus will be married to many Christians as possible individually.[/quote]

Yes! And he is not going to, he already has, the moment you accept hum as your lord and saviour. You know nothing about christian mysticism! If did not know that, know it now, that the moment you accept jesus as your lord and god, he became your husband, and you, his wife! That is what the verse I quoted is saying. You all don't know the truth and when it is put before you, you cannot comprehend it.

When will these marriage take place, who will coordinate the union.
How will new Christians arrange their own individual wedding with Christ. In what way is this union conducted in physically.
It has already taken place the moment you accept him as your god.

My friend Christ is married to the church as the bridegroom and head of the church. It's an eternal union established once and for all. There are no repeated weddings for any other person. because there's only ONE CHURCH[/b
]

yes, he is married to the church and no one is disputing that. what we are saying is: if he is married to the church, it is first of all a consequence of him being married to you first of all! This is the depth of christian marriage, whuch you do not understand.

A wedding is conducted with a body only once not multiple times.
When u give your life to Christ, [b]u become a member of the church; and this establish your eternal union and oneness with Christ

no, it is the other way around. if the church is sanctified, it is because you are! You do not know this is the reason why you are a baby in the lord.

For just as in one body we have many members, but all the members do not have the same function, in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ, and individually members belong to all the others [/i]
Romans 12:4–5

THIS VERSE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUBJECT!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Harrynight(m): 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2023
Bluezy13:

You ended up saying nothing.

Learn to read with comprehension
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Rayjnr: 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

Hahahaha hahaha you shudda be named Tajudeen or mufutaus instead of Ray then grin grin grin

This is simple logic don't take me down religious line, why is the white man always advocating for one man one wife and homo ?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

I don't think an Islamist is the right person to pontificate on incest given the fact your Muhammad had no restraint when it comes to women including his son's wife

But Jesus blood that died for you contains incest na!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Good!!
I love to hear that
So what is Abraham, Moses, Jacob and other Jewish characters looking for in Qur'an
Is your Allah impersonating the Jewish God?
I won't be surprised though

The same God they worshipped is same God we worship!

That's why Christianity wasn't mentioned at all in the Bible!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Look at this Dumbo
So because they're not related gives mumumadu the right to lust after his adopted son's wife

Do you have evidence he lusted?
God punish your lying mouth?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:18pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Do you have evidence he lusted?
God punish your lying mouth?
No he did not lust
His djinn directed him to snatch his son's wife
You cursed soul
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2023
sotall:

Failed Delusions from the fraud book called the bible that is fast fading away.

Whether the book is fraud is irrelevant here.
The fact remain u are a slave to a system based on principles derived from the book.
U can live a lie but cant deny it in your closet.
Live with it.
What a shame that u are forced to live your life within a system designed from a fraud book.

Furthermore, thank the fraud book for the good life u live now.
Otherwise, u would likely be picking sugar or cotton in a slave plantation with a white nigga whipping your bare back for being too slow to pick cotton.
That book saved u from such trauma.

"I made a solemn vow before God, that if General Lee was driven back from Maryland I would crown the result by the declaration of freedom to the slaves."

Abraham Lincoln on the emancipation declaration 1863.

As for the book becoming irrelevant, don't worry your head about that. God definitely preserve his message and book for eternity. It's not even a sweat.

1 Like

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

No he did not lust
His djinn directed him to snatch his son's wife
You cursed soul

Son?

Not adopted again?

Liar!

Ezi!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2023
Harrynight:

That would rather attractive Blessings for him bro,
Polygamy is WRONG, It's never God's will for man

While you are still coming to terms with it, I want you to see here that Your God described himself that he is the husband of two women. Jeremiah 31 vs 31-32. this is the mystery of christian marriage

My son in the lord, I want you to know that the idea of polygyny is not an anathema to your God, in fact, he gave David, a man after his own heart, his master's wife. 2 sam 12 vs 8. I did not write that scripture, my dear, You God was quoted by his prophet, Nathan. Nathan said " this is what the Lord said...I have given you your master's wives...if that weren't enough, I would have given you more'' There is nothing in that verse, not in tone or any other way, to show he just gave him his master's wives not because he, God, liked it, but just mthcew just gave him for giving sake. You passed WAEC English, right? that means you can get the writer's mood or implied meaning from a passage. I should not be lecturing you like I am teaching students preparing for WAEC.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

The same God they worshipped is same God we worship!

That's why Christianity wasn't mentioned at all in the Bible!
But i didn't see Islam in the bible either
Or is there another Bible? Maybe the plagiarism called Qur'an
Neither is there anything like Allah in the bible
Abraham never worshiped Allah. He worshipped Yahweh. Stop impersonating the Jewish God with your Allah
You already said they are not the same and I totally agree. So Stop stealing Jewish characters into your book of lies and terror called quran
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

But i didn't see Islam in the bible either
Or is there another Bible? Maybe the plagiarism called Qur'an
Neither is there anything like Allah in the bible
Abraham never worshiped Allah. He worshipped Yahweh. Stop impersonating the Jewish God with your Allah
You already said they are not the same and I totally agree. So Stop stealing Jewish characters into your book of lies and terror called quran

Abeg go sleep!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

But Jesus blood that died for you contains incest na!
Jesus could not have had incest in him because he does not have a earthly biological father
However, it is established that Muhammad stole his son's wife
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Abeg go sleep!
It pain the cursed terrorist.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Son?

Not adopted again?

Liar!

Ezi!
I know you're daft. But I never knew it's this deep. Your adopted son is same as your son legally.
He even has more rights than a bastard legally
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 9:28pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Son?

Not adopted again?

Liar!

Ezi!

Don't run away from my question. Answer it.
Is the wife and harlot one in flesh now since the has united with both.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:28pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Moses did marry Zipporah and another Ethiopian woman not mentioned by name in the Bible!

Some historical account call her Tharbis or so!
Tharbis kill your lying mouth there.
Mention the 2nd wife of moses from the bible or your plagiarism called Qur'an
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

I know you're daft. But I never knew it's this deep. Your adopted son is same as your son legally.
He even has more rights than a bastard legally

The legality was Islam and it says your son is that born to you in wedlock!

Your adopted son doesn't inherit you in Islam!

Ignoramus!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Of course I am okay!
Go home and use your drugs!
grin grin
Terrorist
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

It pain the cursed terrorist.

Look for the accursed like Jesus at home!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Jesus could not have had incest in him because he does not have a earthly biological father
However, it is established that Muhammad stole his son's wife

How come he's related to David?
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Tharbis kill your lying mouth there.
Mention the 2nd wife of moses from the bible or your plagiarism called Qur'an

Olodo!

Bible just said Ethiopia!

Don't be ignorant!

Learn!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Kukutente23: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

The legality was Islam and it says your son is that born to you in wedlock!

Your adopted son doesn't inherit you in Islam!

Ignoramus!
You people and lies. Did he adopt the son in accordance with Islamic practice or the practice of his people? You daftos fail to realise Muhammad was just making up things to suit his lust and agenda.
It was because of his intent to snatch his son's wife that adoption became unacceptable in Islam
He's the only Muslim given the right to marry more than four women. I thought Islam is just grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ezekiel Odero: Kenyan Pastor Arrested Over Mass Killing Of His Church Members / Green Pass Required For Access Into Vatican From 1 October( Pix) / Lady Kneels Down To Greet Apostle Suleman As He Steps Out In Style In USA(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.