Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,198 members, 7,825,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market (33683 Views)

Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market / Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by SonOfDSoil01: 11:01am On Oct 23, 2023
bestman09:
sad
I saw it coming! From ladipo market to trade fair to alaba international to computer village, millions of naira being extorted in the name of poor sanitation.

It's well. They will probably pay and the market opened again.
why not relocate your market back to alaibo so millions will not be extorted and Lagos can suffer like you dolts like to say grin at least now that the market is closed Lagos Igr will go down because Ibos are the ones paying all the taxes use in development ragos….Delusional mofos grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2023
NoToPile:

The bolded is a wrong assertion, it's not the way it works at least in Lagos.

I guarantee you 2oo% that's how it worked when I was still trading there early 200s,I use to rent space and shop at promise Land in Ladipo, I was importing for myself and others who did not have the means of travel.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Abagworo(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2023
They should simply shut down Nigeria cause everywhere is dirty
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2023
adesegun121:
Wahala

Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market
Next will be Alaba Irago market

#KeepLagosClean

Balogun market must join ooooo
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by NoToPile: 11:05am On Oct 23, 2023
erico2k2:

Bro agrigate Pick ups wont work, some of teh wastes from those dealers down there are larger than what a single person can pick in a hand held bin.The reason why I am talking to you like this is cos Im very close to few stake holders in them places and I use to import with them early 2000s in a place called promise land in ladipo, you might k now it, most time Im in Nigeria I still go there to visit them people. Take for example, something so simple as building toilet in Ladipo the local govt can't do, is this not shameful people have to wee on the street and poo at any hidden spot or in broad day light at the canal. The surprising this is why just they build toilet enroute the canal. The whole system is wrapped around corruption that's all I can say in the part of the government not IGBO, some here already think Im Igbo with their myopic reasoning cos Im thinking outta the box

I am female oo, I am not even talking about handheld bin, the aggregation I am talking about is all the wastes a put together in a specified location agreeed and a compactor comes to pack them.

I understand your grouse with the govt but you see on this waste manage matter especially with the markets we are generally to blame.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by AfroKnight: 11:07am On Oct 23, 2023
NoToPile:

The job is being done that's why we are on this thread. cheesy

Enforcement is also part of that job.

But their job is to dispose/manage the waste generated by the market.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 11:08am On Oct 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

There are no lawma staff in that market. The banks along the road should be part of it.
When you say I'm being emotional i don't understand what you mean because I'm not igbo. I'm a native lagosian.
Whoever might be wrong on this im very sure they will reach an agreement and the market will be opened again. The Alaba governing council are very active and do relate with the state government very well.
When I said being emotional on your part its cos Im seeing you as a yorubaman or a Lagosian, whilst me on my part Im not yoruba nor do I live in Lagosian from PHC/Delta so Im an outsider taking a holistic view of the whole situation and giving my on view as to how the issue could have been best handled or dealt with.Ok I will go with your school of thought that the issue would be resolved as the said traders council are active.Not this Igbo yoruba E war few miscreants started here already. If you check these miscreant very well, turn them upside down <5million nor dey their bank account. they will be here making mouth.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by adesegun121(m): 11:10am On Oct 23, 2023
IJEYdiamond:

Balogun market must join ooooo

Sure
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Pmoglobal: 11:10am On Oct 23, 2023
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share some fantastic news about the recent development in Lagos, Nigeria. The government has decided to shut down Alaba International Market temporarily for a much-needed renovation. This is such a positive step forward!

The market, which has been a cornerstone of commerce in Lagos, was in dire need of an upgrade. The facilities were becoming outdated, and it was affecting the shopping experience. With this shutdown, we can look forward to a revamped, modern market that will be more welcoming to both shoppers and vendors.

I believe this is a crucial move towards boosting the local economy and making Lagos a more attractive place for business and leisure. The redevelopment project is expected to create more job opportunities and enhance the infrastructure in the area, making it an even better place to live and work.

I'm excited about the changes to come and can't wait to see the transformed Alaba International Market. Kudos to the Lagos government for taking this positive step!

What are your thoughts on this development? Share your opinions!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Mrice22: 11:10am On Oct 23, 2023
Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market
Next will be Alaba Irago market

#KeepLagosClean[/quote] them no born them well to do that.. Aboki them go fight them
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by SonOfDSoil01: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2023
Igboslayer:
Calm down, you can't tell the government where to begin their sanitation... They will start from the people that insulted them during election because they gave them enabling environment.

They should relocate to their Alaigabo from Alaba. Stupid people that doesn't know the fact that for a business to succeed you must have a willing buyer and seller. Yorubas dey patronize una and you dey feel like king, go sell to your poor village people na and see if you will make money
they really don’t understand that we are the ones feeding them grin because we have the purchasing power and that’s why the market is here, but they rather chest beat like they are only doing us a Favor. Now ask them to leave and hear their cries will their usual slogan, Yorubas are jealous and hateful yet you don’t want to leave the people that hate you? No be juju be that grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2023
NoToPile:

I am female oo, I am not even talking about handheld bin, the aggregation I am talking about is all the wastes a put together in a specified location agreeed and a compactor comes to pack them.

I understand your grouse with the govt but you see on this waste manage matter especially with the markets we are generally to blame.
Ok my Bad, your handle did not specify Genda hence my response. back to subject, I still blame govt cos they have more to do instead of rely on individuals to do more. Just take a look at the roads leading to these places where commerce take place, its eye sore, you might puke if you do not have strong stomach. Somewhere so much money xchange hands,
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 11:12am On Oct 23, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
they really don’t understand that we are the ones feeding them grin because we have the purchasing power and that’s why the market is here, but they rather chest beat like they are only doing us a Favor. Now ask them to leave and hear their cries will their usual slogan, Yorubas are jealous and hateful yet you don’t want to leave the people that hate you? No be juju be that grin
These are the reasoning of a CHILD. Upgrade your thought function see you progress!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 11:14am On Oct 23, 2023
Pmoglobal:
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share some fantastic news about the recent development in Lagos, Nigeria. The government has decided to shut down Alaba International Market temporarily for a much-needed renovation. This is such a positive step forward!

The market, which has been a cornerstone of commerce in Lagos, was in dire need of an upgrade. The facilities were becoming outdated, and it was affecting the shopping experience. With this shutdown, we can look forward to a revamped, modern market that will be more welcoming to both shoppers and vendors.

I believe this is a crucial move towards boosting the local economy and making Lagos a more attractive place for business and leisure. The redevelopment project is expected to create more job opportunities and enhance the infrastructure in the area, making it an even better place to live and work.

I'm excited about the changes to come and can't wait to see the transformed Alaba International Market. Kudos to the Lagos government for taking this positive step!

What are your thoughts on this development? Share your opinions!
Was there a time frame?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by SonOfDSoil01: 11:16am On Oct 23, 2023
firearcher:
I hope the Lagos state government realizes that shutting down markets and commerce centers are not decision that should be taken lightly considering the impact on the citizens and the economy of the city and state.

Decisions like these should be driven by the need to solve identified issues as mutual partners, not driven by desire to flex power and authority.
nonsense talk, so because of the impact on economy the state should be left dirty? You are making no sense, after all you dolt have boasted of grounded Lagos economy if you relocate your market. Why not wait and let see how Lagos will suffer since the market has been shut? Make Una Dey deceive Una sef smiley
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by NoToPile: 11:18am On Oct 23, 2023
erico2k2:

Ok my Bad, your handle did not specify Genda hence my response. back to subject, I still blame govt cos they have more to do instead of rely on individuals to do more. Just take a look at the roads leading to these places where commerce take place, its eye sore, you might puke if you do not have strong stomach. Somewhere so much money xchange hands,

I understand but the problem is these wastes are not being poured by spirits it's we Nigerians that dispose it there not the govt we have issues in this country joor.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by hansomb: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2023
KillahPriest:
I believe the Lagos State government should at this stage close down all markets in the state since it's the only thing that pleases them these days
change should be gradual. One after the other. Every body go collect
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by justmi1: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2023
Shikini:
I knew from beginning that Alaba and Trade Fair were their target. They started with small small markets, then Ladipo market, before hitting the big ones.

Nigerian politicians are so predictable. I even told a a friend that all those small markets Alausa were closing were smoke screens. The ultimate targets were Alaba and Trade Fair.
Keep quiet. Is the closure more important than the reason for the closure. The market wouldn't be closed forever. Once the right thing is done it would be re opened. Everything should not be politicised and it's not always about ethnicity. So the government should allow dirty environment because you don't want to hurt some people that don't acknowledge Lagos made them.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by LadyRosa(f): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2023
mercysamuelson:
LadyRosa
What of balogun market?
That place is worst! Na shiiit just plenty that side.
And na yoru dey shitt there as them no get suck away.

Broad daylight you go see gutter with shiiit going straight to that lagoon

Dem don suck the fu*kk outt'a you sotey you no fit differentiate between "Suck away" and "Soak away" yet you no fit talk without mentioning one particular tribe. Children of hate. It is well with ur soul.

Of course them don suck me wella, my toto no dirty like ya mama own.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by LadyRosa(f): 11:22am On Oct 23, 2023
grandstar:

Open defecation is prevalent in Anambra. Let's stop all these nonsensical tribalism that flourishes here

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/672000-people-still-practice-open-defecation-in-anambra-says-unicef/

We learnt from the best, lasgidi
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by MyExpression(m): 11:22am On Oct 23, 2023
Tobihabeeb:
Politics of hate. Things will get better. It's just matter of time, now this guys will see reasons to delay my way bills.

If na small item, let me help you pick it up and send to your place.

Connect HomeDel Logistics.
...for Quick and Safe Pick-up and Delivery service across all States in Nigeria.
070 3006 8193
Call,text,WhatsApp, Web, social media....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Kayodeshina002(m): 11:22am On Oct 23, 2023
Who do us like this in this country? Was alaba the only market closed? Let do our finding before we quick to judge
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by LadyRosa(f): 11:23am On Oct 23, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

balogun for idumota?

u no get sense

Wet in be the difference? Ozuor!

All of them no get soakaway.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Khyrvxjzy: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2023
erico2k2:

Another Ignorant and ill exposed human,Im Urhobo from Delta state, Ill educated folks like you are the ones who think once you aint yoruba you must be IGBO, please stop this foooolishnesswe have more than 300 tribes in Nigeria, I'm beginning to believe what some IGBO people say that some of you lot are obsessed with the IGBO people,It is also worthy of note to say its only the BROKE yoruba people that see hatred against the Igbos, the well to do ones don't give a rat azzzz. typica example Davido!

be you urhobo or whatever if you are not yoruba or hausa you are ibo
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 11:23am On Oct 23, 2023
NoToPile:

I understand but the problem is these wastes are not being poured by spirits it's we Nigerians that dispose it there not the govt we have issues in this country joor.
I swear Nigeria and Nigerians get problem; Commercial waste should be treated different from Domestic waste. Time will come when waste would be collected freely mark this cos of recycling.
Look at the Foto bellow, these are commercial waste, the lorry would soon come collect them. This is in front of my house.

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by JaskanFactor: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2023
i pray to God for deliverance from all the enemies of Nigerian people, both enemies at home and abroad.
Nobody in thier right mind closes down peoples shops in the middle of one of the most difficult economic times in history for environmental reasons.

So the only conclusion is that they are doing it to kill the people affected. Cause if they can use force to seal the market, they could have also used force to ensure environmental standards are met, but its clear what they really want is to do the victims harm.

The oyinbo people running Nigeria always use any chance they get to increase tribal tension.

In this very wicked times where governments act like devils , think twice before planning to get married and have kids, cause that is no longer allowed unless you a billionaire, else its like you tying to sleep on a bed of nails.

That is why they are pushing all the foolish people to make AI , so that robots can replace every job , as they create economic conditions and pre planned wars to wipe people out.

In USA people are advising each other to start getting used to living in vans and tents , as all manner of man made bad weather is being used to destroy entire towns worldwide.

If you not a billionaire, what ever idea you have regarding expectations of normal life, better you throw it out the window before its too late. As we face the prophesied days of global tribulation.

Amazon is already testing robots to replace staff at its warehouses, and the more they dont need people, the more wicked they will get.

Personally i lost interest to settle down of anykind in this world once they rolled that evil jab lawfully. So that normal life is now only reserved for billionaires and those without any self respect.

all manner of business and economy is being destroyed world wide , they are closing down life as we know it, to be replaced by something out of Hollywood horror movie complete with joker character, cause they have a fetish for mocking their victims, thats why they brought back buhari from war against indiscipline to become buhari of boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by SonOfDSoil01: 11:24am On Oct 23, 2023
erico2k2:

These are the reasoning of a CHILD. Upgrade your thought function see you progress!
if Alaibo was filled with billionaires like y’all wanna make us believe, why not remain in Alaibo and sell your ware so you can make all the money you want? But i guess you know the truth but chose to believe your own lies, your people are the ones benefiting most from one Nigeria but yet you turn around and scream that people hate you but yet can stay alone. How many other Nigerian are living in Alaibo compared to your people outside Se and yet they still have a better quality of life than you dolt that have to migrate to survive! fact😊
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by SAMBARRY: 11:37am On Oct 23, 2023
Themanleshey:
How’s that possible ? You want Lagos to go broke ? wink

According to some Lagos developers grin

Dirty people tongue tongue
I'm not holding briefs for those guys because they have their own excesses but I have seen other places more dirty and disgusting than Alaba.for example

Iyana oba market
Agege market
Mile 10 market
Balogun market
Oshodi
Mile 2
Agboju market
Volks
Iyana ipaja market

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Mikkeal: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2023
Beremx:
Foolish government. If you want to shut down markets, always give an ultimatum instead of behaving tribalistic again another ethnic group.

Ndi ara
You are the fool who told you they were not given altimatum severally always playing the victim
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Shikini: 11:45am On Oct 23, 2023
Mikkeal:

Always the victims in every situation why don't you people just reason like humans for once

Oga, for your information, I'm not Ibo and I don't do business. I am just being real based on information at my disposal.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Beremx(f): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2023
Mikkeal:

You are the fool who told you they were not given altimatum severally always playing the victim
All members of your family are fools. You can quote me without throwing insults.
Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate / CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.