Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market (33696 Views)

Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market / Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Morbeta11(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2023
plumcomm:
Those online warriors threatening brimstone and fire should come out,the owners of the land are dealing with them...ndi lagos is no man's land,empty bragados.

Many of you on this platform are so ignorant....closing down markets has no political or ethnicity label, its cos of poor Sanitation. Igbos are not only the ones in all those markets even Ghanaians, Cameroonian, Yorubas, Hausas, Fulani etc. Government cannot afford to close down where they generate income for a long period. They are simply instructing them or rather wiping all of them in line to take their environmental hygiene seriously. You guys so stop all these tribal nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by 3ice9ce: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2023
ceejay80s:

They can't try it in arena...
Arena belongs to army, except una want Gaza war

Have you ever seen anyone in arena sell fake items? You wan die?

Besides, Arena market is one of the cleanest in Lagos. All these nsogbu pig behavior in ladipo and Alaba aren't tolerated there.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Anambra1stSon2: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2023
plumcomm:
Those online warriors threatening brimstone and fire should come out,the owners of the land are dealing with them...ndi lagos is no man's land,empty bragados.
See how you guys have used mumu to mess Nigeria economy up thinking you are punishing the Igbos
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by 3ice9ce: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2023
Beremx:
so was that served since you're more intelligent than me? Educate me since you see me as olodo rabata. Not your fault. Na me reply your mention

Go there and ask the Excos if they weren't served instead of asking me stupid questions.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by 3ice9ce: 10:24am On Oct 23, 2023
Anambra1stSon2:

See how you guys have used mumu to mess Nigeria economy up thinking you are punishing the Igbos

Everything is not about Igbos. 7 markets were closed just last week, we didn't hear noise. Only Alaba now, noise everywhere.
Leave Lagos if it is too hot and let those who can deal with it remain.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by AfroKnight: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2023
Hope he is prepared to shut down all other markets in Lagos too.

Also, LAWMA directors need to answer queries. What were they looking at?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Beremx(f): 10:27am On Oct 23, 2023
3ice9ce:

Go there and ask the Excos if they weren't served instead of asking me stupid questions.
na you mention me o!. I'm the one who's supposed to be angry because you insulted me. Anyways, enjoy the rest of your day
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 10:28am On Oct 23, 2023
3ice9ce:

Just listen to this uneducated fool.

I don't know why some Igbos are so stupid. Lagos actually wants you to go to Onitsha but you're too stupid to notice. If you go back to Onitsha, the electronic retail sector in Lagos will now be taken over by indigenes. Who loses?
Business is with sense not emotions.
First of all Im not Igbo, I got some really good Yoruba friends but the few minority of them who are ill exposed and poorly Educated let the rest of the brighter Yoruba people down, PEOPLE LIKE YOU WITH VERY SLOW BRAIN SEEM TO THINK ONCE YOU ARE NOT YORUBA YOU ARE IGBO EVEN THOUGH ALL NARRATIVE POINTS THE OTHER WAY, if YOU AINT USING A 2 INCH SCREEN PHONE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DEDUCT FROM MY PROFILE AND MY POST ON NAIRALAND SINCE 2007 THAT IM EXTREEMLY EDUCATED MORE EDUCATED THAN YOUR WHOL COMUNITY Your arguments are so stewpid that's its gratifying on my own part to conversate with ignorant folks like you, I spoke about your state government collecting tax and failing to do what the tax was meant for here you are exposing your already dead basket brain in a forum meant for people who are in the KNOW. Once people like you have nothing meaningful or alighting expression to protrude as your argument you turn to name calling and insignificant rants!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Khyrvxjzy: 10:30am On Oct 23, 2023
vicshub:
Alabarago that is the dirtiest market in Lagos, them no close am oh. Una too dey fear hausa people. Just compare alabarago and alaba international, you will know there is an hidden agenda. Hmmmm. Funny enough the markets are opposite each other. Nigeriaa

the problem is not with hausa, its with ibo

i hate ibo

no ibo man will be president

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by fredoooooo: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2023
Beremx:
Foolish government. If you want to shut down markets, always give an ultimatum instead of behaving tribalistic again another ethnic group.

Ndi ara
Lagos has done whats good for Lagos, if you don't like it kee yaself or carry ya market to Aba..
Only a Tribalist recognise one.
I don't think you call Aba people tribalist as dem no allow non indigene to lead them.
Its not only Lagos or the SW that will practice federalism while orders tribalise it.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Ttipsy(f): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2023
What is the function of govt ??

They should provide facilities
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Jomonix: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2023
One day one day monkey go go market, and e no go return. Na wisdom man take day comot fly way perch for scrotum. A foolish man go knack and cry at the end of the day. When bird perch for line both bird and line will dance in perpetuity.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Dewillys(m): 10:33am On Oct 23, 2023
The market was not closed down because of those flimsy excuses. This is just one of market's populated by Igbos that will be closed down in Lagos, in order to forestall violent outbreak when the Supreme Court gives an unfavorable judgment!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Alabaintprice(m): 10:33am On Oct 23, 2023
Light78:

Get your fact straight. Inside Tradefair is neat. It's the outside and along the road that got it sealed. Igbos are never dirty.

My friend, keep quiet.
Is one place meant to be neater than the other.

Inside and outside should be neat.

If they go to close the market, they should close it.

Funny thing is those people in the market pay refuse fee but the executives in the market should be held responsible for not paying the fee
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Adakintroy: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2023
This ones can't created job. Them be taskmaster.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by NoToPile: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2023
erico2k2:

Can I ask you something, DId the state provide a central Area where waste from the market can be dumped?

Which of the markets?

All the markets are duly engaged and have their arrangements for waste pickups. Different arrangements ask you will get the info.

E. G Alaba Int has different associations different plazas and different excos for all these their associations and plazas all of them are individually engaged by the PSP operator and even the state agency involved they all have their arrangements for their waste management.

They can not say they never saw it coming non of the executives of the places sealed can't say that.

Same applies for tradefair

Some other markets like food markets especially have larger bins placed in a strategic place in their market.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Khyrvxjzy: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2023
Nwaotu10:
Mugus.

They think they're doing us.

Nttoorr nu ndi Igbo!!

It's time to think home, mugus grin

Sanwo or whatever Ur name is, Shut down all the markets in Lagos!

its time to think home, i have been hearing that word since 1967

even if SE better, we wont allow you guys leave
if you shout we create war to destroy you

we wicked, we devil
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Timoleon(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2023
Alana Rago is definitely dirtier than international. The Lagos State government must act on it.
sureway1:
I don't have problem with shutting down Alaba market due to..... my own issue with the government is, hmmm Alaba Rago.. Is Alaba Rago not in Lagos map? that place is damn so dirty, I have never heard them locking the place due to how unhealthy that environment is...funny enough it shares boundary with Alaba International... this government should tell these guys what they need and stop hiding under environmental blablabla.... before you quote me, I am a Yoruba I reason well..
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by xynerise: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2023
And Alaba-Rago that looks like dumpsite is still open because Hausas are dominated.

Gosh!! Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2023
Morbeta11:

Many of you on this platform are so ignorant....closing down markets has no political or ethnicity label, its cos of poor Sanitation. Igbos are not only the ones in all those markets even Ghanaians, Cameroonian, Yorubas, Hausas, Fulani etc. Government cannot afford to close down where they generate income for a long period. They are simply instructing them or rather wiping all of them in line to take their environmental hygiene seriously. You guys so stop all these tribal nonsense.
This is where the people should ask Lawma some serious question, I know a very good friend of mine that owns a shop there or rather does import Biz there, the get taxed monthly for environmental fees which is meant for evacuation of Rubish, Now Lawma would leave the rubbish in the roads whither the traders have paid taxes its responsibility of the gvt to provide dumping site and evacuate rubbish promptly ie every nights. In the Uk we have loads of street market, once the market shuts down people clear their rubbish to the front of the market and the council comes to collect all the Rubish. Its never the responsibility of the traders to take their rubbish to rubbish tips or dumps miles away.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by NoToPile: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2023
AfroKnight:
Hope he is prepared to shut down all other markets in Lagos too.

Also, LAWMA directors need to answer queries. What were they looking at?

If you know how many time these markets would have been engaged and dialouged with you will understand.

Its a Nigerian thing, until force is applied we won't shift, sebi Oyingbo has been reopened after they complied.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Theweekend: 10:39am On Oct 23, 2023
benuejosh:
Them go soon start.

The enemies of progress that will want Lagos to be as dirty as their state will soon start shouting witch haunting. I love the way Lagos is cleaning up itself.

The current commissioner of environment and water resources is doing an excellent work. By the time this tenure is ended, Lagos will be beautiful, clean and noiseless. If you want the opposite of what lagos is doing then go back to your state. Lagos must be thoroughly clean.

Lagos the New York of Nigeria and its loading...
useless comment coming 4rm an idiot who doesn't know how to clean his own state.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Edosmart(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2023
Some time people think, they are dealing with other people they don't like, but everyone everybody will be touched one way or the other I swear ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by hopexter(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2023
vicshub
post=126564827:

Alabarago that is the dirtiest market in Lagos, them no close am oh. Una too dey fear hausa people. Just compare alabarago and alaba international, you will know there is an hidden agenda. Hmmmm. Funny enough the markets are opposite each other. Nigeriaa

The Lagos government can do whatever she wants to clean the stateโ€™s markets at anytime. Visitors like you is not qualified to dictate to the owner of Lagos. undecided
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by famology(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2023
Shut it down until they comply with the required sanitation rules. Don't be distracted by any zombiedients wailings.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by vicshub(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

i hate ibo

The ibo man will come to your state, rent your shops. Pay taxes in your state, he will employ person in you state , he will contribute to your infrastructure by building modern houses, but yet he is your problem. A hausa man will bring death and hell and rape your wives and kill your youths and live like animals and also not pay taxes, yet he is good. Poor thinking. Hate is always blind until it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by SeriouslySense(m): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2023
LadyRosa:
What of balogun market?
That place is worst! Na shiiit just plenty that side.
And na yoru dey shitt there as them no get suck away.

Broad daylight you go see gutter with shiiit going straight to that lagoon grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by thisisit: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2023
TYRANNY.. Like Abacha, they would be in the DUSTBIN of History in a short while
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by SeriouslySense(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2023
vicshub:

The ibo man will come to your state, rent your shops. Pay taxes in your state, he will employ person in you state , he will contribute to your infrastructure by building modern houses, but yet he is your problem. A hausa man will bring death and hell and rape your wives and kill your youths and live like animals and also not pay taxes, yet he is good. Poor thinking. Hate is always blind until it's too late.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Khyrvxjzy: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2023
wirinet:

It seems Governor Sanwo Olu wants to sabotage APC from winning any election in Lagos come 2027. Either he wants Tinubu to lose Lagos or he is planning to use a battalion of thugs to prevent anyone from voting. Maybe they intend to just write the figures the next time around in Lagos elections.

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Theweekend: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

i hate ibo
u go soon kpai on top igbo matter

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by 1972xy: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2023
yoruboid:

By Jubril A. Gawat

This is not Nnewi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Access Bank Takes Over Etisalat Nigeria Over N541 Billion Debt / Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.