Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market (33699 Views)

Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market / Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Beremx(f): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2023
3ice9ce:

My dear Beremx. More than 5 markets have been shut down. In fact, Jankara market dominated by Yorubas was demolished. There were no cries of marginalization then.
So, this senseless cry no make sense.
Lagos listed offences. Why not rebutt the offences instead of crying foolishly?
Give ultimatums first before they take action. Ojo Alaba market remains one of the neatest market in Lagos. Tell your insensitive Lagos government to go close down Alaba Rago where northerners have turned that place to a filthy slum.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2023
yoruboid:

By Jubril A. Gawat

a section was closed due to poor waste management, alaba was not shut down,
you go dey post nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Godwin4444: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2023
Ozommadu:

What have you contributed in lagos Olaniyi??

You abandoned your ekiti village to come and constitute nuisance in lagos and have the audacity to talk down on people doing legitimate business, paying tax and contributing to lagos state development.

You must be very very stewpid
u are the steewpid one here chinedu

U igbos believe the same thing that applies in your region applies elsewhere where a man from abia can’t b anything in anambra or where a priest from another state can’t head in your state

See every Yoruba person has equal right in Lagos n they can b anything in lagos

No wonder u igbos are killed like fowl everywhere u go, it’s a problem for u to respect your host

Imagine the fuuuul killed by Chinese in Philippines

If we check well na rubbish him go do for there

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Cantonese: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2023
benuejosh:
Them go soon start.

The enemies of progress that will want Lagos to be as dirty as their state will soon start shouting witch haunting. I love the way Lagos is cleaning up itself.

The current commissioner of environment and water resources is doing an excellent work. By the time this tenure is ended, Lagos will be beautiful, clean and noiseless. If you want the opposite of what lagos is doing then go back to your state. Lagos must be thoroughly clean.

Lagos the New York of Nigeria and its loading...

Some of you allow your tribalism and foolishness blind your sense of proper reasoning. You think those markets are owned by a particular tribe, stupidly ignoring the fact that most properties in those markets are owned by Nigerians of different tribes and religious beliefs.

You leave the substance and chase the shadow. How have the streets, inner roads and drainages become better? Between the markets and other parts of the city, which is dirtier? With all that government does, with plenty of braggadocio, will the enforce? The same state government officials will subvert the efforts.

Go to the streets of Okokomaiko, Amukoko, Agege, Lagos mainland as a whole, Sangotedo, etc and tell us how they are better than the markets. Are the streets inhabited by only one section of the country?

If Lagos will be “beautiful, clean and noiseless”, people like you should relocate to your respective communities you are not from Lagos. You can also do well to proudly show us images of your own state and communities.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by JagabanB: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2023
fkelly:
Power drunken authorities, at the end Nigerians suffers.

The people u are after might not really be affected as much as u anticipate it, they seem to have extra life, I have seen them start from zero multiple times and accomplished great things.

Endusers will bear the consequences.
People like u are the reason making a change in Nigeria is difficult.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Khyrvxjzy: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2023
Shikini:
I knew from beginning that Alaba and Trade Fair were their target. They started with small small markets, then Ladipo market, before hitting the big ones.

Nigerian politicians are so predictable. I even told a a friend that all those small markets Alausa were closing were smoke screens. The ultimate targets were Alaba and Trade Fair.

we are free to do anything to ibo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by emperor863(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2023
By now all living souls, including interlopers, long throats, baby factory products, traders in the daytime and armed robbers at night will know that LAGOS IS NOT A NO MAN'S LAND. Lagos belongs to the Yorubas of the south west and they are showing it for all to see.

Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Khyrvxjzy: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2023
Ozommadu:

What have you contributed in lagos Olaniyi??

You abandoned your ekiti village to come and constitute nuisance in lagos and have the audacity to talk down on people doing legitimate business, paying tax and contributing to lagos state development.

You must be very very stewpid

no ibo man will be president even if they beg

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by wirinet(m): 10:13am On Oct 23, 2023
firearcher:
I hope the Lagos state government realizes that shutting down markets and commerce centers are not decision that should be taken lightly considering the impact on the citizens and the economy of the city and state.

Decisions like these should be driven by the need to solve identified issues as mutual partners, not driven by desire to flex power and authority.

It seems Governor Sanwo Olu wants to sabotage APC from winning any election in Lagos come 2027. Either he wants Tinubu to lose Lagos or he is planning to use a battalion of thugs to prevent anyone from voting. Maybe they intend to just write the figures the next time around in Lagos elections.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Khyrvxjzy: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2023
Beremx:
Foolish government. If you want to shut down markets, always give an ultimatum instead of behaving tribalistic again another ethnic group.

Ndi ara

sir, you did not have sense..
your environment is dirty you said ultimatum

no ibo man will be president

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by NoToPile: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2023
The truth is if you are into waste management in this Lagos you will know all these actions are justified.

All these markets have been engaged in dialougue over time yet no change.

My own is residents not paying for their own individual flats wastes should be next. Those pouring wastes when caught should be next.

We must all have sense by fire by force.

Force does it for Nigerians.
At least we are not in election season, let the right thing be done abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Alaefulu(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2023
Shikini:
I knew from beginning that Alaba and Trade Fair were their target. They started with small small markets, then Ladipo market, before hitting the big ones.

Nigerian politicians are so predictable. I even told a a friend that all those small markets Alausa were closing were smoke screens. The ultimate targets were Alaba and Trade Fair.
you can also be wrong on this bro,was the international market clean for you to say it ls not supposed to be lock for clean up?I also believe it's not only Igbo that own market their,they should come together and do the needful.its only when the market is clean the authority locked it up that some of us would think of ulterior motive

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by ceejay80s(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2023
Atarakpa:
Neatness is next to godliness. So for this reason all this Lagos traders should respect their self. E remain arena oshodi. Itodo in freedom way off admiralty way, this two markets need to be shut down too.
They can't try it in arena...
Arena belongs to army, except una want Gaza war

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2023
benuejosh:
Them go soon start.

The enemies of progress that will want Lagos to be as dirty as their state will soon start shouting witch haunting. I love the way Lagos is cleaning up itself.

The current commissioner of environment and water resources is doing an excellent work. By the time this tenure is ended, Lagos will be beautiful, clean and noiseless. If you want the opposite of what lagos is doing then go back to your state. Lagos must be thoroughly clean.

Lagos the New York of Nigeria and its loading...
In reality, it should be the lagos state govt that is responsible for clearing out the rubish or providing where rubbish should go to.The tax collectors should build toilet for the traders and visitors to the mkt.THings might go back to how it use to be when everyone goes to Onitsha to buy electronics etc
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Menclothing: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2023
7 market was shut down last week and reopened after they clean up

Clean up your market it’s important dispose your refuse properly

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by creativehubb: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2023
Too much fake things there, they are all thieves there. Close it down forever, lease the land to serious business people, those biafrans are thieves, ipob will hibernate in such places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by tollyboy5(m): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2023
Beremx:
Foolish government. If you want to shut down markets, always give an ultimatum instead of behaving tribalistic again another ethnic group.

Ndi ara
I think you're being emotional at this point. Alaba use to be dirty tho. I agree ultimatum should be giving.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:17am On Oct 23, 2023
lagos and neatness na parallel line!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 10:17am On Oct 23, 2023
NoToPile:
The truth is if you are into waste management in this Lagos you will know all these actions are justified.

All these markets have been engaged in dialougue over time yet no change.

My own is residents not paying for their own individual flats wastes should be next. Those pouring wastes when caught should be next.

We must all have sense by fire by force.

Force does it for Nigerians.
At least we are not in election season, let the right thing be done abeg.

Can I ask you something, DId the state provide a central Area where waste from the market can be dumped?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by speedchariot(m): 10:17am On Oct 23, 2023
Open a Sea port in Akwa Ibom or Calabar and see your Lagos crumble.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by 3ice9ce: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2023
Beremx:
Give ultimatums first before they take action. Ojo Alaba market remains one of the neatest market in Lagos. Tell your insensitive Lagos government to go close down Alaba Rago where northerners have turned that place to a filthy slum.

Can you show us any market where Lagos government gave ultimatum before closing?
What they do is serve contravention notices for breach of environmental offences.
Get educated and stop typing trash
Lagos is not Ohaneze that gives ultimatums. grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by casualobserver: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2023
Shikini:

And the people of Alaba were seeing other markets being shut down and did not think to get their market in order?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Olmautos: 10:19am On Oct 23, 2023
All the Brothers and Sisters There are Harm Robbers....
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Edusouls(m): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2023
Yorubas are simply fed up with Igbos I swear, after this election things changed, Yoruba Abegi make una continue to accommodate Igbos I know it ain’t easy, but for the sake of one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by grandstar(m): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2023
LadyRosa:
What of balogun market?
That place is worst! Na shiiit just plenty that side.
And na yoru dey shitt there as them no get suck away.

Broad daylight you go see gutter with shiiit going straight to that lagoon grin

Open defecation is prevalent in Anambra. Let's stop all these nonsensical tribalism that flourishes here

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/672000-people-still-practice-open-defecation-in-anambra-says-unicef/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Olmautos: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2023
All Your Brothers and Sisters There are Armed Robbers.quote author=yoruboid post=126564276]How can some people create laws and do this in no man’s land? [/quote]
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by Beremx(f): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2023
3ice9ce:

Can you show us any market where the government gives ultimatum before closing?
What they do is serve contravention notices for breach of environmental offences.
Get educated and stop typing trash
Lagos is hot Ohaneze that gives ultimatums. grin
so was that served since you're more intelligent than me? Educate me since you see me as olodo rabata. Not your fault. Na me reply your mention

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by tollyboy5(m): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2023
ceejay80s:

They can't try it in arena...
Arena belongs to army, except una want Gaza war
Arena is neat. You cant sell fake product to military people or keep their place dirty.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by joba4luv: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2023
yoruboid:
How can some people create laws and do this in no man’s land?

Listen to senseless lazy man's comment without even listen to other side story set of landgrabbers/street urchin comments
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by 3ice9ce: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2023
erico2k2:

In reality, it should be the lagos state govt that is responsible for clearing out the rubish or providing where rubbish should go to.The tax collectors should build toilet for the traders and visitors to the mkt.THings might go back to how it use to be when everyone goes to Onitsha to buy electronics etc

Just listen to this uneducated fool.

I don't know why some Igbos are so stupid. Lagos actually wants you to go to Onitsha but you're too stupid to notice. If you go back to Onitsha, the electronic retail sector in Lagos will now be taken over by indigenes. Who loses?
Business is with sense not emotions.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by YeyeGbami: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2023
speedchariot:
Open a Sea port in Akwa Ibom or Calabar and see your Lagos crumble.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market by erico2k2(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

I think you're being emotional at this point. Alaba use to be dirty tho. I agree ultimatum should be giving.
I think you might be emotional too, can I say this, is it not the responsibility for teh tax collector to clean the public areas within and outsdie the market? Cos this seems to be the problem in NIgeria, you tax the people but dont carry out the job the tax is meant for. You cannot tell me all the traders in any market as big as that don't pay tax, so tell me what are they taxed for? Air to breath? Now the mkt is shut, what are they the tax collector doing about it?the rubbish within the market is not fully generated by the traders, dont forget you get visitors and customers as well, who travel from all part of Nigeria to buy there wholesale, this form part of the people who pay T fare within Lagos and eat there sometimes pay for hotels etc, So these lil Economy will seize for the days this mkt is shut. People do not seem to see the big picture.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Access Bank Takes Over Etisalat Nigeria Over N541 Billion Debt / Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.