Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (17421 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:18am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

You offered the claim that nothing [in this world] created itself as a response to my query to prove your god's existence. Given the context of my request, it is safe to assume that your belief that nothing created itself means that everything [in this world] has a creator, according to you. Since you wilfully declined to make any further clarifications, I simply inferred that you were suggesting that there is a source from which everything that exists [in this world] was created. In which case, you would simply be rehashing the cosmological argument for gods, also known as The First Cause argument...

You clearly asked what "in this world" means asking if I meant "this "WORLD" consist of the earth alone in which humans are one of the inhabitants"

And I confirmed it saying :The bold! this "WORLD" consist of the earth alone in which humans are one of the inhabitants. That's why I kept saying that we are all arguing using our knowledge and experiences in and from this world to make our arguments..

So you got it and you have nothing valid to say against it
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:21am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

You didn't give any proof my guy. You just presented a rendition of the Kalam Cosmological Argument, but dressed it up in a tattered manner, as opposed to the elegance with which more competent apologists usually portray it. And the KCA has been widely trashed and destroyed in all forums of philosophical debate throughout modern history.

Permit me to rephrase your last sentence here:

"THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST A NON-ARGUMENT"

Safe to say, the case is closed. And you have been dismissed.

Next!

Wrong! I gave the proof, you saw it and then you in your bid to raise a counter you went off point or change of post which clearly means that you have no valid argument to make thereby proving "THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH "
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 12:24am On Dec 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
You clearly asked what "in this world" means asking if I meant "this "WORLD" consist of the earth alone in which humans are one of the inhabitants"

And I confirmed it saying :The bold! this "WORLD" consist of the earth alone in which humans are one of the inhabitants. That's why I kept saying that we are all arguing using our knowledge and experiences in and from this world to make our arguments..

So you got it.

You're not actually addressing the paragraph you just quoted with this rejoinder. My primary focus in that paragraph was the meaning of your claim nothing [in this world] created itself in its entirety, not the definition of the qualifier you took the liberty to employ. Allow me to ask the question this way. How does the notion that "nothing [in this world] created itself" suggest that God exists? Can you give a direct answer?
You and I already know where you're heading with your argument, but keep denying and pretending to be none the wiser grin.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 12:29am On Dec 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong! I gave the proof, you saw it and then you in your bid to raise a counter you went off point or change of post which clearly means that you have no valid argument to make thereby proving "THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH "

You know you've lost an argument when you can't help but repeat yourself incessantly without offering any new insight. Please don't go the dark route of Aemmyjah. As you can see, he's now languishing in the dark corners of Nairaland hell. Blind and stubborn assertions will not save your position here.

Simply clarify things for me. You said that nothing [in this world] created itself. What are you trying to suggest here if not the fact that everything has a creator?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:37am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

You're not actually addressing the paragraph you just quoted with this rejoinder. My primary focus in that paragraph was the meaning of your claim nothing [in this world] created itself in its entirety, not the definition of the qualifier you took the liberty to employ. Allow me to ask the question this way.

Now you are lying for you clearly said "Since you wilfully declined to make any further clarifications, And now that I have shown you that you were truly clarified, you are now changing your mouth. grin

Thorrn:

How does the notion that "nothing [in this world] created itself" suggest that God exists? Can you give a direct answer?
You and I already know where you're heading with your argument, but keep denying and pretending to be none the wiser grin.

You got it when I said "no thing in this world created itself. You verily got it exactly as you do not imagine that the mounted created itself.

So you are trying to create an opportunity to reargue seeing that the way you first argued is lost! grin which is why "THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH". grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:44am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

You know you've lost an argument when you can't help but repeat yourself incessantly without offering any new insight. Please don't go the dark route of Aemmyjah. As you can see, he's now languishing in the dark corners of Nairaland hell. Blind and stubborn assertions will not save your position here.

grin You lost the argument since, l was just waiting to see if you would raise any valid thing that would make me seek an adjournment. grin But you got no thing. cheesy

Thorrn:

Simply clarify things for me. You said that nothing [in this world] created itself. What are you trying to suggest here if not the fact that everything has a creator?

grin We call it res judicata. grin You can't litigate (reargue) what has already been litigated. grin sorry! grin

That is why IT IS THE LAW, THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH! grin

Thanks for the debate, it was very intellectually stimulating grin
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 12:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you are lying for you clearly said "Since you wilfully declined to make any further clarifications, And now that I have shown you that you were truly clarified, you are now changing your mouth. grin

Lol, y'all are starting to make me feel like a teacher in primary school grin grin. Do I have to hold you people's hands through every damn thing? I literally explained all of this in the post you quoted.

Okay. Now pay attention, child. Read this post again:
Thorrn:
You offered the claim that nothing [in this world] created itself as a response to my query to prove your god's existence. Given the context of my request, it is safe to assume that your belief that nothing created itself means that everything [in this world] has a creator, according to you. Since you wilfully declined to make any further clarifications, I simply inferred that you were suggesting that there is a source from which everything that exists [in this world] was created.

Notice the two highlighted parts of this paragraph. As you can see, this passage from which you quoted the SECOND highlighted remark, was focused on the meaning of your claim: nothing [in this world] created itself. Do you see anything to do with the definition of the world here? Are you that dyslexic that you can't see that you just goofed cheesy? Simply put, you're jumbling up unrelated issues in the most unsophisticated attempt at sophistry I've ever witnessed grin grin.

You've already clarified what you mean by the "world" in your claim. And I've accepted your definition. However, you keep insisting that I've derailed whenever I point out the fact that your argument about nothing creating itself suggests the existence of a first cause, and that is why I still need you to clarify: You've said that nothing [in this world] created itself. What are you trying to suggest here if not the fact that everything has a creator?
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 1:21am On Dec 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

grin You lost the argument since, l was just waiting to see if you would raise any valid thing that would make me seek an adjournment. grin But you got no thing. cheesy

So in the absence of any actual proofs for your claim, you default to consoling yourself with an imagined victory, trying to cover up for your obvious failures and inadequacies in this discussion. What a spectacle cheesy. I've never seen anyone so excited by his lack of substance grin.

But if I'm being completely honest, I'm not entirely surprised. I figured it would only be a matter of time before you finally plunged back into the abyss of madness after your brief escape cheesy grin grin.

If it makes you feel better about your incompetence, then fine. I will award you your imaginary victory. Good to know that you're more interested in putting on a facade of success rather than actively seek out the truth. All I see is a coward running away from the implications of his arguments because he doesn't want to be embarrassed further.

Well played, sir. You're a natural grin grin.

grin We call it res judicata. grin You can't litigate (reargue) what has already been litigated. grin sorry! grin

Well, I call it shameless avoidance and pathetic cowardice.

That is why IT IS THE LAW, THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH

Repeating nonsensical rhetoric was always your favorite sport.

Thanks for the debate, it was very intellectually stimulating grin

Well, of course it was. I literally spent the entire thread educating you on basic concepts in logic, philosophy and apologetics. That's how it has always been. I'm always the teacher and you're always my student grin grin. You know nothing on your own. I always have to hold your hand and cut your food for you in digestible nuggets. And this thread is ample proof of that.

You presented a half-assed argument, and ran away tail between legs after you were rightly asked for clarification because you knew you would get whipped even more badly than you already were. But as a sad clown with a fragile ego, you obviously needed to make up for it by bragging that you won. Well, I stand by what I said, THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST A NON-ARGUMENT, and your pathetic attempts at debate in this thread is perfect example of that axiom.

I was too quick to award Aemmyjah the trophy of the most decorated slowpoke on the Nairaland Religion section. You're still by far the undisputed king of ignorance and stupidity, and I will forever stand in awe of your foolishness in all of its glorious majesty grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:00am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Nothing new to see here. I've just refuted this garbage. You keep repeating yourself like a broken bot. Here retard. Read it and weep. Again grin.

I'm not a retard
You are the retard for accepting what defies proven fact and logic

If abiogenesis is obsolete
Now, did life arose from inorganic matter?
Yes or No? Explain
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:13am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Pray tell, how could Wallace have possibly "fault(ed)" evolution when he was literally a pioneer of the theory, alongside Charles Darwin? Christ, you really are thicker than 2 short planks.

So apparently Wallace believed in spiritualism IE the existence of a spiritual realm beyond the physical world. Okay, good. Although I think it's funny how you're trying to use Wallace's personal ideologies to support your spurious claim to a higher creator deity. Three things here,

1, you commit the appeal to authority fallacy by hinging the validity of your claims on a passing remark made by Wallace. Why exactly should I care that Wallace believed in a higher mind? I could easily cite a number of even more credible scientists who confidently dismiss any notions of a supreme metaphysical being, and use their ideologies to justify my argument. You have no point here.

2, you are going down a very slippery slope by conflating science with religious beliefs. Science, as a process, is totally independent of the personal convictions, ideologies and bias of the individuals who engage in its practice. Wallace may have believed in a higher mind, but his belief is NOT justified by the theory of evolution. Many of Wallace's scientific propositions, including warning colouration and natural selection are widely accepted across the scientific community, since they have withstood subsequent scientific scrutiny and have become established scientific theories. However, many scientists refused to lend credence to his supernatural beliefs since they were untestable and therefore unscientific.

3, and this is the important bit: Wallace may have been a spiritualist, but he didn't believe in the Christian God and even rejected Christianity as a religion. He also rejected intelligent design. A seasoned scholar on the subject, Charles Smith, addressed this misconception of Wallace HERE. When asked if Wallace believed in Intelligent Design, he said, "No, no, and no--assuming that i.d. leans on the operation of first causes as Creationism does, that is. Don't fall for the facile understanding being promoted by some agenda-driven observers who argue that, just because Wallace was a spiritualist and believed that "higher intelligences" were influencing events here on earth, that he also believed in miraculous, non-law-based kinds of Godly intervention."

So basically, you're just running a fool's errand with this nonsensical argument.

I don't think you're lying here actually. I think you're just too stupid to understand how nuanced Wallace's perspectives towards reality were.

LMFAO @ "subtle mother of macroevolution" grin. Newsflash, dumbo: Abiogenesis is NOT evolution. It's a separate topic within biology and biochemistry. Secondly, and strictly speaking, Pasteur disproved spontaneous generation with his famous swan-neck experiment, not abiogenesis. You clearly don't know the difference. Finally, spontaneous generation is literally how things were created in the Bible if you read your precious book of Genesis very closely. Your imaginary sky daddy was just popping out random complex subjects, both living and non-living, out of thin air. Lol grin.

More bitter rants and tears from Dundeejah grin.

Ask a biologist. Evolution is not my business.

Why is the human eye vulnerable to dust and impact from very strong light? Why is our eyesight so terrible compared to bats? Why are bacteria and viruses more powerful than the human species given that certain ailments like cancer and HIV are totally incurable, or that COVID-19 almost threatened to wipe out the entire human race? How come only 20% of the Earth is inhabitable for human beings, and within the little are that is habitable, we constantly suffer tsunamis, pandemics, earthquakes, floods, droughts, global warming and tornadoes?

Oh I know the answer! It's InTeLLiGent dESigN!!!

grin grin grin

You don't think. You can't think. You only regurgitate bullshit you don't even understand. Pathetic dullard.

Gof? Who's Gof?

cheesy

Of course you'd make this spurious argument because you cannot decipher the difference between religion (unquestioned dogma) and science. Criticisms of scientific theories are commonplace within the scientific community. That's how science works, dumbo. Scientists collect data for research, carry out experiments and report their findings. These data are readily accessible to other scientists who can carry out the same experiments and attempt to falsify them. And that's where the strength of science lies: it subjects supposed facts to intense scrutiny to establish their veracity. Scientific knowledge is cumulative. It evolves through the process of scientists learning about, criticizing, and improving upon the previous works of scientists.

Religion on the other hand, makes allusions to absolute "truths" and are not open to change or growth. In fact, religion explicitly discourages anyone from honestly and objectively challenging the inherent beliefs that are considered sacred to said religion. For example, the case of Galileo being persecuted by the Catholic Church for his conception of a heliocentric solar system which directly contradicted the Church's belief in a flat Earth.

So long story short, Science establishes truth via thorough experiments, criticisms and continuous revision of theories. Whereas, religion establishes truth via indoctrination, blackmail and threats.

Bro, it took you 40 pages to finally realize I'm a girl after calling me a guy all along.

We don't think you're stupid.

We KNOW you're stupid.

Now that you've unwittingly gotten your dumb ass banned, I hope you spend the next 24 hours of your sorry life reflecting on your relentless stupidity, and come back a better man. In the meantime, I'll have to clean up this place. The stench of your illiteracy continues to linger on the thread, like a curry fart in an elevator grin grin.

Who was banned
You are a sadist

What is abiogenesis and what is spontaneous theory. See this ignorant child?
Keep lying to yourself

Abiogenesis and Biogenesis
Which one is scientific fact? 😎
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:17am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Pray tell, how could Wallace have possibly "fault(ed)" evolution when he was literally a pioneer of the theory, alongside Charles Darwin? Christ, you really are thicker than 2 short planks.

So apparently Wallace believed in spiritualism IE the existence of a spiritual realm beyond the physical world. Okay, good. Although I think it's funny how you're trying to use Wallace's personal ideologies to support your spurious claim to a higher creator deity. Three things here,

1, you commit the appeal to authority fallacy by hinging the validity of your claims on a passing remark made by Wallace. Why exactly should I care that Wallace believed in a higher mind? I could easily cite a number of even more credible scientists who confidently dismiss any notions of a supreme metaphysical being, and use their ideologies to justify my argument. You have no point here.

2, you are going down a very slippery slope by conflating science with religious beliefs. Science, as a process, is totally independent of the personal convictions, ideologies and bias of the individuals who engage in its practice. Wallace may have believed in a higher mind, but his belief is NOT justified by the theory of evolution. Many of Wallace's scientific propositions, including warning colouration and natural selection are widely accepted across the scientific community, since they have withstood subsequent scientific scrutiny and have become established scientific theories. However, many scientists refused to lend credence to his supernatural beliefs since they were untestable and therefore unscientific.

3, and this is the important bit: Wallace may have been a spiritualist, but he didn't believe in the Christian God and even rejected Christianity as a religion. He also rejected intelligent design. A seasoned scholar on the subject, Charles Smith, addressed this misconception of Wallace HERE. When asked if Wallace believed in Intelligent Design, he said, "No, no, and no--assuming that i.d. leans on the operation of first causes as Creationism does, that is. Don't fall for the facile understanding being promoted by some agenda-driven observers who argue that, just because Wallace was a spiritualist and believed that "higher intelligences" were influencing events here on earth, that he also believed in miraculous, non-law-based kinds of Godly intervention."

So basically, you're just running a fool's errand with this nonsensical argument.

I don't think you're lying here actually. I think you're just too stupid to understand how nuanced Wallace's perspectives towards reality were.

LMFAO @ "subtle mother of macroevolution" grin. Newsflash, dumbo: Abiogenesis is NOT evolution. It's a separate topic within biology and biochemistry. Secondly, and strictly speaking, Pasteur disproved spontaneous generation with his famous swan-neck experiment, not abiogenesis. You clearly don't know the difference. Finally, spontaneous generation is literally how things were created in the Bible if you read your precious book of Genesis very closely. Your imaginary sky daddy was just popping out random complex subjects, both living and non-living, out of thin air. Lol grin.

More bitter rants and tears from Dundeejah grin.

Why is the human eye vulnerable to dust and impact from very strong light? Why is our eyesight so terrible compared to bats? Why are bacteria and viruses more powerful than the human species given that certain ailments like cancer and HIV are totally incurable, or that COVID-19 almost threatened to wipe out the entire human race? How come only 20% of the Earth is inhabitable for human beings, and within the little are that is habitable, we constantly suffer tsunamis, pandemics, earthquakes, floods, droughts, global warming and tornadoes?

Oh I know the answer! It's InTeLLiGent dESigN!!!

grin grin grin

You don't think. You can't think. You only regurgitate bullshit you don't even understand. Pathetic dullard.

Gof? Who's Gof?

cheesy

Of course you'd make this spurious argument because you cannot decipher the difference between religion (unquestioned dogma) and science. Criticisms of scientific theories are commonplace within the scientific community. That's how science works, dumbo. Scientists collect data for research, carry out experiments and report their findings. These data are readily accessible to other scientists who can carry out the same experiments and attempt to falsify them. And that's where the strength of science lies: it subjects supposed facts to intense scrutiny to establish their veracity. Scientific knowledge is cumulative. It evolves through the process of scientists learning about, criticizing, and improving upon the previous works of scientists.

Religion on the other hand, makes allusions to absolute "truths" and are not open to change or growth. In fact, religion explicitly discourages anyone from honestly and objectively challenging the inherent beliefs that are considered sacred to said religion. For example, the case of Galileo being persecuted by the Catholic Church for his conception of a heliocentric solar system which directly contradicted the Church's belief in a flat Earth.

So long story short, Science establishes truth via thorough experiments, criticisms and continuous revision of theories. Whereas, religion establishes truth via indoctrination, blackmail and threats.

Bro, it took you 40 pages to finally realize I'm a girl after calling me a guy all along.

We don't think you're stupid.

We KNOW you're stupid.

Now that you've unwittingly gotten your dumb ass banned, I hope you spend the next 24 hours of your sorry life reflecting on your relentless stupidity, and come back a better man. In the meantime, I'll have to clean up this place. The stench of your illiteracy continues to linger on the thread, like a curry fart in an elevator grin grin.

You're just negatively sentimental
If you see a house with broken windows and pipes. It shows the house was never built by someone shey?

You're quoting from hearsays
I quoted what Wallace himself said
Should I quote what Wallace wrote to Darwin and Darwin's reply? πŸ˜‚

The catholic church was wrong
Bible says earth is spherical

You clearly need to educate yourself on spontaneous generation and abiogenesis... You don't even know basic sciences. Both are obsolete. Both are the same... Life cannot emerge from non-life, keep wallowing in ignorance

It's your type of intelligence that can believe that there was a nuclear explosion and Tokyo developed from it either instantaneously or spontaneously... If not, how can the earth and other planets and life emerge from a big bang (cosmic explosion)... You're highly delusional

Evolutionists says that mutation is also responsible for life... How? Mutation is far harmful than beneficial. How can it create something good... Poor critical thinker
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I'm not a retard

Of course why not, because the only way you Christians know how to refute an argument is to merely assert the opposite. Oh golly, how convincing you sound grin grin!

"I aM nOt A ReTArd, WAAaAaAAah!"

You sound like a 3 year old grin grin grin.

You are the retard for accepting what defies proven fact and logic

More infantile "I know who you are but what am I" retorts.

Logic can NOT prove anything to exist in reality. At best, logic can suggest at the possibility or likelihood of a phenomenon. You need EVIDENCE
to prove something exists in this reality. So your thoughtless assertion here is nothing more than a puerile oxymoron.

Logic =/= Evidence

Where is your evidence that God exists?

If abiogenesis is obsolete
Now, did life arose from inorganic matter?
Yes or No? Explain

Once again, you can take your stupid, dishonest questions and shove them right up your diseased cakehole. You obviously don't care for honest debate, if you refuse to answer any of my questions. Go meet a biologist if you really want to know about abiogenesis, and are not just looking for a pointless "gotcha!" moment. The next time you fall sick, why don't you sleep in your church next time, instead of going to the hospital and buying drugs. Your God works in mysterious ways after all. Lol

Where are you answers to these questions, Dundeejah?

Thorrn:

Oh the divine irony grin grin grin! I can't believe you just wrote this.

Why don't you practice what you preach, Dundeejah? Hmm? Where are all the answers to my questions that YOU have intentionally ignored for numerous pages now just to throw your infantile tantrums about atheists. In fact I think I'm going to refrain from answering any more of your stupid questions until you do justice to the following questions that I've been asking you for close to a month now. Go on and show me little ol' me how to answer "simple questions" cheesy>>>

1. Can you kindly demonstrate how evolution being false serves as undeniable proof that an intelligent creator deity exists?

2. Do you mean to tell me that the only thing that motivates you to get up in the morning is your God? Nothing else inspires your energy and dedication? Not even your family?

3. Since the start of this thread, where did I make any claim that everything came from nothing?

4. How do you measure and/or recognize design? How can you tell the difference between a designed object and one that was not designed?

5. If everything in the universe was designed as you claim, how does it prove the existence of the God of the Bible, as opposed to Allah, Vishnu, Krishna etc etc? What if Allah is the true creator deity?

6. Abraham Lincoln, one of the foremost presidents of the USA was the titular character in the Vampire Hunter book mentioned above, and he hunted vampires. So I guess going by your logic (that the Bible is true because it contains real people and real places), vampires have been proven to exist?

7. If everything has a creator, then who or what created God?

You and I both know say if you make mistakes answer these questions honestly and objectively, in a straight-forward manner, fowl nyansh go open and the stupidity of your position will be 100% evident, even to you. That's why you've been running scared from my arguments like a petty thief because you know deep down that your position lacks any substance grin.

If you get mind, answer those questions. I will only just continue mocking your foolishness until you do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You are a sadist

And you're a masochist. A glutton for punishment grin.

What is abiogenesis and what is spontaneous theory.

If you don't know the difference, then why, oh why Dundeejah, are we having this discussion?

See this ignorant child?
Keep lying to yourself

Ignorance runs through your bloodstream. It is the very essence of your being. You are like a totem that represents ignorance. The day you die is the day you'll stop being ignorant grin.

Which one is scientific fact? 😎

Answer my questions and stop making a fool of yourself already.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You're just negatively sentimental
If you see a house with broken windows and pipes. It shows the house was never built by someone shey?

False equivalence fallacy. Also a form of category error. You're equating the universe in all its vastness and complexity to a house in one corner of our tiny earth, and you somehow believe your analogy is justified?

Retard_ is as retard_ does. You are just a retard_ and there's nothing I can do to help you.

You're quoting from hearsays
I quoted what Wallace himself said
Should I quote what Wallace wrote to Darwin and Darwin's reply? πŸ˜‚

Hearsays? Lol. Anyone who opens that link will see that Smith was literally rephrasing Wallace's own words from the book "My Life" which is an autobiography written by Wallace himself. Open the link and find out for yourself. He also rejected belief in the Christian god, but I know this part of the debate will be too inconvenient for your stupid agenda. Anyways I don't actually expect you to read the link because I know you don't actually care for honest conversation. You just want to be "right" by all means, even when your knowledge on a subject is clearly lacking.

Also, why do you think I should care if Wallace believed in higher beings? What do you think Wallace's irrational beliefs prove. Like I told before, you are going down a very slippery slope by conflating science with religious beliefs. Science, as a process, is totally independent of the personal convictions, ideologies and bias of the individuals who engage in its practice. Wallace may have believed in a higher mind, but his belief is NOT justified by the theory of evolution. Many of Wallace's scientific propositions, including warning colouration and natural selection are widely accepted across the scientific community, since they have withstood subsequent scientific scrutiny and have become established scientific theories. However, many scientists refused to lend credence to his supernatural beliefs since they were untestable and therefore unscientific.

Why should I care for Wallace's own personal convictions over that of countless other scientists?

The catholic church was wrong
Bible says earth is spherical

Very interesting, because there are Christians who believe in a flat earth and can justify their beliefs using the Bible. They also reject the law of gravity, saying gravity does not exist. And they believe in a higher being who created everything just like you. This link here (https://biblicalcosmologybook..com/?m=0) redirects to a blog by a Christian who insists that the Bible preaches a flat earth. Why should I believe your claim that the earth is spherical instead of his own claim that the earth is flat? He also goes ahead to lay out his argument citing Bible verses to corroborate his claims. Where is your own detailed argument supporting the belief in a spherical earth using Bible passages?

Also, the above example serves to deflate the argument that the Bible represents absolute truth. Pray tell, how can truth of the Bible be absolute when different people derive subjective ideas from its' contents?

You clearly need to educate yourself on spontaneous generation and abiogenesis... You don't even know basic sciences. Both are obsolete. Both are the same... Life cannot emerge from non-life, keep wallowing in ignorance

I'll let ChatGPT do the talking:

What is the difference between abiogenesis and spontaneous generation?

Abiogenesis and spontaneous generation are two different concepts related to the origin of life. Abiogenesis is the scientific theory that life arises from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds, through natural processes. This theory is supported by evidence from fields such as biochemistry, molecular biology, and paleontology. Spontaneous generation, on the other hand, is an outdated and disproven idea that living organisms can arise from non-living matter under certain conditions. This concept was popular in ancient and medieval times but was eventually refuted by experiments and observations, leading to the acceptance of the theory of biogenesis, which states that living organisms only arise from pre-existing living organisms. In summary, abiogenesis is a modern scientific concept that explores the natural origins of life from non-living matter, while spontaneous generation is a historical idea that has been replaced by the theory of biogenesis and the modern understanding of abiogenesis.

You're retarded_ and wilfully ignorant. Case closed.

It's your type of intelligence that can believe that there was a nuclear explosion and Tokyo developed from it either instantaneously or spontaneously... If not, how can the earth and other planets and life emerge from a big bang (cosmic explosion)... You're highly delusional

Evolutionists says that mutation is also responsible for life... How? Mutation is far harmful than beneficial. How can it create something good... Poor critical thinker

When you're done furiously beating about the bush, please answer my simple and straightforward questions. I've quoted them for you in my previous post. Thanks wink

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

False equivalence fallacy. Also a form of category error. You're equating the universe in all its vastness and complexity to a house in one corner of our tiny earth, and you somehow believe your analogy is justified?

Retard_ is as retard_ does. You are just a retard_ and there's nothing I can do to help you.

Hearsays? Lol. Anyone who opens that link will see that Smith was literally rephrasing Wallace's own words from the book "My Life" which is an autobiography written by Wallace himself. Open the link and find out for yourself. He also rejected belief in the Christian god, but I know this part of the debate will be too inconvenient for your stupid agenda. Anyways I don't actually expect you to read the link because I know you don't actually care for honest conversation. You just want to be "right" by all means, even when your knowledge on a subject is clearly lacking.

Also, why do you think I should care if Wallace believed in higher beings? What do you think Wallace's irrational beliefs prove. Like I told before, you are going down a very slippery slope by conflating science with religious beliefs. Science, as a process, is totally independent of the personal convictions, ideologies and bias of the individuals who engage in its practice. Wallace may have believed in a higher mind, but his belief is NOT justified by the theory of evolution. Many of Wallace's scientific propositions, including warning colouration and natural selection are widely accepted across the scientific community, since they have withstood subsequent scientific scrutiny and have become established scientific theories. However, many scientists refused to lend credence to his supernatural beliefs since they were untestable and therefore unscientific.

Why should I care for Wallace's own personal convictions over that of countless other scientists?

Very interesting, because there are Christians who believe in a flat earth and can justify their beliefs using the Bible. They also reject the law of gravity, saying gravity does not exist. And they believe in a higher being who created everything just like you. This link here (https://biblicalcosmologybook..com/?m=0) redirects to a blog by a Christian who insists that the Bible preaches a flat earth. Why should I believe your claim that the earth is spherical instead of his own claim that the earth is flat? He also goes ahead to lay out his argument citing Bible verses to corroborate his claims. Where is your own detailed argument supporting the belief in a spherical earth using Bible passages?

Also, the above example serves to deflate the argument that the Bible represents absolute truth. Pray tell, how can truth of the Bible be absolute when different people derive subjective ideas from its' contents?

Abiogenesis and spontaneous generation are two different concepts related to the origin of life. Abiogenesis is the scientific theory that life arises from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds, through natural processes. This theory is supported by evidence from fields such as biochemistry, molecular biology, and paleontology. Spontaneous generation, on the other hand, is an outdated and disproven idea that living organisms can arise from non-living matter under certain conditions. This concept was popular in ancient and medieval times but was eventually refuted by experiments and observations, leading to the acceptance of the theory of biogenesis, which states that living organisms only arise from pre-existing living organisms. In summary, abiogenesis is a modern scientific concept that explores the natural origins of life from non-living matter, while spontaneous generation is a historical idea that has been replaced by the theory of biogenesis and the modern understanding of abiogenesis.

When you're done furiously beating about the bush, please answer my simple and straightforward questions. I've quoted them for you in my previous post. Thanks wink

Chatgpt
Biogenesis is scientifically supported, stating that living organisms arise from pre-existing living organisms. Abiogenesis, the idea of life originating from non-living matter, is a [b]hypothesis with ongoing research but hasn't been definitively proven.[/b]

Retard calling someone ignorant
😎
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

And you're a masochist. A glutton for punishment grin.

If you don't know the difference, then why, oh why Dundeejah, are we having this discussion?

Ignorance runs through your bloodstream. It is the very essence of your being. You are like a totem that represents ignorance. The day you die is the day you'll stop being ignorant grin.

Answer my questions and stop making a fool of yourself already.

Who did you say was banned for 24 hours
Your brain don de hot
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

I laugh at you
All those who say earth is flat are Christians you say? πŸ˜‚
Your delusion is mighty
The bible itself already described the shape of the earth about 3000 years ago

If the Pope authorize that gay marriages be blessed whereas the Bible says something different or opposite. Does that discredit the Bible?

You mention something about people finding their own purpose
Yet we sometimes condemn or criticise others
If your child wants to find a purpose living as a serial killer or a terrorist... It seems that will make you happy right?
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 9:26am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Chatgpt
Biogenesis is scientifically supported, stating that living organisms arise from pre-existing living organisms. Abiogenesis, the idea of life originating from non-living matter, is a [b]hypothesis with ongoing research but hasn't been definitively proven.[/b]

Retard calling someone ignorant
😎

Mr. Retard, so it's no longer Spontaneous generation vs Abiogenesis. It's now Abiogenesis vs biogenesis. grin grin grin

Oponu. Olodo rabata.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I laugh at you
All those who say earth is flat are Christians you say? πŸ˜‚

The owner of this blog is a Muslim abi?
https://biblicalcosmologybook..com/?m=0

Your delusion is mighty
The bible itself already described the shape of the earth about 3000 years ago

If the Pope authorize that gay marriages be blessed whereas the Bible says something different or opposite. Does that discredit the Bible?

Again you did not answer my question.

You claim the Bible supports a spherical earth. The owner of that blog claims the Bible supports a flat earth. You are both basing your claims on "what the Bible says".

Why should I lend any more credence to your claim over his? I just need one reason. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:
You mention something about people finding their own purpose
Yet we sometimes condemn or criticise others
If your child wants to find a purpose living as a serial killer or a terrorist... It seems that will make you happy right?

I remember AgentOfAllah gave a perfect response to this issue some years back, so I'm going to quote his post here. Your belief that subjective purpose justifies irrational behavior is farcical.

AgentOfAllah:

The OP has requested logical or scientific theories as to why robbing, kidnapping and their other criminal activities are wrong/evil. To address the OP's challenge, it is crucial to first interpret it correctly. To do so, we must first define the operative adjectives: "wrong" and "evil".

(1) Wrong: This word is a judgement of value, and as it turns out, it has many definitions, however, all these definitions may occupy only two contextual categories, namely (i) social wrong and (ii) functional wrong.

(i) Social wrong: We may roughly define it as behaviour that does not conform to a set of highly regarded standards that guide social transactions. This category includes moral, ethical, legal and customary wrongs. The set of standards are usually highly subjective, and change from community to community, and person to person. In the specific context of morality for instance, it is morally wrong to put on tight skirts in public in Saudi Arabia, but not so in UK or US.

(ii) Functional wrong: We may define this as an action or proclamation that is not in conformity with what is true. This category may sometimes intersect with social wrong, but it is independent of it. In fact, it is highly amoral and apathetic to any social construct. Clearly this type of wrong is more objective (or universal for those who, like me, are subjectivists). An example of this is that tight skirt is a wrong/incorrect attire to put on if one wants to run their fastest. A different example is: it is wrong/incorrect to say 1+1 = 11. You may notice that "incorrect" is a great, often even more appropriate synonym for "functional wrong", but it wouldn't work quite as well with "social wrong".

(2) Evil: Evil, just like "wrong", is also a judgement of value. It is defined as behaviour that is profoundly immoral and malevolent. This is a more straight forward definition, and is clearly just a potent synonym for moral wrong, which falls under the social category.

Given the above definitions, in order to be able to prove that anything is "evil", your selected criterion must satisfy two conditions: (a) It must be able to impose a value of judgement on its results and (b) It must be amenable to moral interpretations. To prove that something is "wrong", however, it needs only accommodate condition (a) vis functional wrong.

Criterion of Logic and Science in Judging Wrong and Evil:

It is here we start to appreciate the import of the above definitions. You see, both science and logic are amoral pursuits, so we immediately see that they fail condition (b). By this account alone, the OP's challenge that their immoral behaviour be logically/scientifically proven evil is entirely moot! It is simply not possible to prove that anything is evil using science or logic. The discussion should end here, right? Well, the OP also used the word "Wrong", so let's see if we fare any better.

Science is fundamentally an endeavour to understand cause and effect. What it does not do, however, is place a value on causes or effects. For instance, I may have scientific knowledge of the processes involved in creating a light bulb with poor efficiency just as well as I have scientific knowledge of the processes involved in creating light bulbs with high efficiency. But there is nothing in science to inform me that making poorly efficient light bulbs is bad. Basically, science is apathetic to the ways you use your knowledge. As such, science also fails condition (a). We can now completely rule out science as a means to address the OP's challenge.

But wait! Not so fast! We have not established that logic fails criteria (a). Well, yes, that's because it doesn't. Logic is able to impose value judgments, but only functional right/wrong not social right/wrong. As such, since stealing and kidnapping are moral acts, whose values rest in social rights/wrongs as opposed to functional, logic cannot be used to prove them wrong. The only way out is if we all agreed that such things as "will to survive", empathy, utilitarianism, and selfishness are universal human traits and valid operands in our logical construct, then I can see a logical pathway through which such a proof can be made. Judging, only, by the OP's ferocious admittance to being a psychopath however, it is clear that these traits are not universal.

In short, if the OP lacks empathy, and fails to acknowledge other people's feelings, then the logical/scientific proof that robbing and kidnapping is wrong/"evil" should be the least of their concern because such a proof is impossible! My only advise to the OP is that they should be prepared for the eventuality of revenge. Revenge is not exactly a logical persuasion, but it could still be a valid persuasion for a selfish idiot who still has the will to live.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I asked a simple question
You said neither
And you think you're intelligent?
"Dundeejah", animaljah don get new name πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Darn that lady truly tutored you 😭

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

I remember AgentOfAllah gave a perfect response to this issue some years back, so I'm going to quote his post here. Your belief that subjective purpose justifies irrational behavior is farcical.

Maybe you should ask agent of Allah
Does evolution not answer same questions too
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

The owner of this blog is a Muslim abi?
https://biblicalcosmologybook..com/?m=0

Again you did not answer my question.

You claim the Bible supports a spherical earth. The owner of that blog claims the Bible supports a flat earth. You are both basing your claims on "what the Bible says".

Why should I lend any more credence to your claim over his? I just need one reason. Shikena!

What does the Bible really say?
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Mr. Retard, so it's no longer Spontaneous generation vs Abiogenesis. It's now Abiogenesis vs biogenesis. grin grin grin

Oponu. Olodo rabata.

Abiogenesis is a scientific fact
Yes or No?

I never compared spontaneous generation with abiogenesis. They go hand in hand

Your brain don de increase temperature shey
You even wished i were banned for 24 hours as you aimlessly roam the internet for misleading statements
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Evolution gave us sense of good and evil shey

Answer my question

If your child wants to find a purpose as a serial killer or terrorist. It is ok shey?

Your philosophy has left you with unreliable guidance
Keep wailing
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Evolution gave us sense of good and evil shey

Good and evil can be explained via evolution, yes. In fact this article from the Scientific American does a very good job at explaining this:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-origins-of-human-morality/

If your child wants to find a purpose as a serial killer or terrorist. It is ok shey?

First, this retarded_ question does not actually disprove the fact that purpose is subjective, so the point you tried to make here is about as sharp as a busted rubber ball. In fact, it only reinforces my argument. Your stupidity here is that not only do you believe that "purpose" is external and/or objective, you also believe that it is fixed IE not subject to change.

Your question has more to do with the source of human morality. Technically, it has absolutely nothing do with purpose in life. That's a different topic entirely.

Secondly, if anybody seriously believes being a serial killer is what gives him a sense of identity, the best I can do to appeal to his sense of logic and empathy is to convince him of the adverse effects of his actions. The utilitarian philosophy captures this idea perfectly: actions that maximize happiness and enhance peace and harmony in the society are inherently beneficial to the greater good of mankind. You've heard this idea commonly as follows: "treat others how you want to be treated. In the event that s/he refuses to acknowledge my advice, I will simply treat that person as a psychopath who is immune to rationality and empathy, even if s/he is my own child.

Your philosophy has left you with unreliable guidance

And Biblical morality is very reliable, huh? With all its verses which glorify slavery, genocide, patriarchy, violence and supersessionism?

Keep wailing

You've been the one wailing since the thread started, spouting unsupported nonsense to cover your lack of ideas, but that's not going to stop me from debunking any rubbish you post on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Abiogenesis is a scientific fact
Yes or No?

The answer to this question is literally right there in the screenshot I posted, staring you in your stupid face grin. Is your brain paining you? Read it again, dumbo.

I never compared spontaneous generation with abiogenesis. They go hand in hand

You tried to conflate the two though, as if they were the same. Louis Pasteur disproved spontaneous generation, not abiogenesis. They are not entirely the same, and I've demonstrated this to you already.

Your brain don de increase temperature shey
You even wished i were banned for 24 hours as you aimlessly roam the internet for misleading statements

You shamelessly plagiarized a post from a JW website without giving proper credit to the source. You infused it into your post to Jaephoenix as if they were your words and it got removed by the spambot grin. I saw my mention in that post before it got taken down.

Usually when posts are taken down like that, the poster usually gets banned. I apologize for my hasty assumption.

However, I find it funny how you're latching onto this trivial mistake as if it has any bearing on the main topic. Desperation wan wound you grin grin.
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 12:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

What does the Bible really say?

Na you I suppose dey ask o, because evidently there are two contradicting schools of thought relating to the Earth's true geometry and both of them claim that their views are supported by the Bible cheesy.
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2023
@AEMMYJAH, WHERE ARE YOUR ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW?

Thorrn:

Oh the divine irony grin grin grin! I can't believe you just wrote this.

Why don't you practice what you preach, Dundeejah? Hmm? Where are all the answers to my questions that YOU have intentionally ignored for numerous pages now just to throw your infantile tantrums about atheists. In fact I think I'm going to refrain from answering any more of your stupid questions until you do justice to the following questions that I've been asking you for close to a month now. Go on and show me little ol' me how to answer "simple questions" cheesy>>>

1. Can you kindly demonstrate how evolution being false serves as undeniable proof that an intelligent creator deity exists?

2. Do you mean to tell me that the only thing that motivates you to get up in the morning is your God? Nothing else inspires your energy and dedication? Not even your family?

3. Since the start of this thread, where did I make any claim that everything came from nothing?

4. How do you measure and/or recognize design? How can you tell the difference between a designed object and one that was not designed?

5. If everything in the universe was designed as you claim, how does it prove the existence of the God of the Bible, as opposed to Allah, Vishnu, Krishna etc etc? What if Allah is the true creator deity?

6. Abraham Lincoln, one of the foremost presidents of the USA was the titular character in the Vampire Hunter book mentioned above, and he hunted vampires. So I guess going by your logic (that the Bible is true because it contains real people and real places), vampires have been proven to exist?

7. If everything has a creator, then who or what created God?

You and I both know say if you make mistakes answer these questions honestly and objectively, in a straight-forward manner, fowl nyansh go open and the stupidity of your position will be 100% evident, even to you. That's why you've been running scared from my arguments like a petty thief because you know deep down that your position lacks any substance grin.

If you get mind, answer those questions. I will only just continue mocking your foolishness until you do.
Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:
@Aemmyjah

Fancy you calling someone else a fraud when you're too busy plagiarizing JW articles from the internet. Unfortunately I couldn't screenshot your post before it got taken down. Lol. I'm sure that is why you got your stupid ass banned. This is the problem with y'all Christards. You find it difficult to be authentic because you are used to living a life full of lies and delusions.

Next time include your source when you copy and paste, you incompetent retard_. I won't quote the post in question so that I won't get banned too.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009645

cc: Jaephoenix, kkins25

grin grin grin grin grin grin

AEMMYJAH, AEMMYJAH,AEMMYJAH,

Truly,thou hast been caught committing the act of fraud. Bringeth forth thy ass to court, and answereth the questions set before thee by Thorn. Verily, verily, i say unto thee, doeth not this that the son of man hath said only brings shame upon you.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
kkins25:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

AEMMYJAH, AEMMYJAH,AEMMYJAH,

Truly,thou hast been caught committing the act of fraud. Bringeth forth thy ass to court, and answereth the questions set before thee by Thorn. Verily, verily, i say unto thee, doeth not this that the son of man hath said only brings shame upon you.

I am not allowed to quote from a site shey?
I have given evidence that man being formed from dusts is not unscientific
Nanomedicine does not say otherwise
You are very sad

Show us how your first father wasba fish
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2023
Thorrn:
@AEMMYJAH, WHERE ARE YOUR ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW?

I have 5 questions earlier which you c

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (63) (Reply)

Niger State CAN Reacts To Buhari’s National Broadcast / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / "Odd" Things That Can Take You To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.