Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (38793 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss / Court Restrains Dstv From Increasing Subscription Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by AchrafHakimi: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2023
Kukutente23:

But this is ligue 1 na
There's Newcastle vs arsenal tomorrow
How are you watching it

Are you not smart?
Is there any EPL match happening right now? Abi na jazz I go use bring am??

If you're not convinced please return to your DSTV slavemasters for more punishment. No be everybody for this life need saving.

Good night.

4 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by flokii: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2023
Googledotcom:
Do you know how many Nigerians are working for multi choice ?

It's the same Nigerians that are pushing the company's management to hike prices hoping to manipulate the system in their favour.. when Government is ready for Multichoice, they'll be the ones begging.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by AchrafHakimi: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
blingxx:

This is I why I prefer Netflix the only reason pple still watch DSTV is football match's.. That's all

How many football matches does DSTV show sef?
I watch all my matches online.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by newoffer: 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
I have one terabyte where I download current stuff . I cannot pay that amount and use generator to watch it. My kids get more from my downloads. You will not understand. The money is not the issue but the distraction it is causing my kids. They only watch vital videos . I do 300 gb videos at a go. 3 month I update it.
GanagiBitrus:

So millions of DSTV subscribers are illiterates.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by InvertedHammer: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2023
/
No qualms.

US Fed has paused interest rate hike twice in a row. US10Y took a dive and US$ fell against major currencies. Naira may go below N1000/$ by December. The only problem is that whatever goes up in Nigeria never comes down. So let the milking of the hapless masses continue.

/
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Luckysbab: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

I be Bini boy, but I'm proud that you think Obi is my kin.

Anyway, it's not simple but having a clear cut plan helps.

*Drastic reduction in cost of running government. I put it to you that Obi will NEVER, NEVER, EVER, spend 8 billion naira buying cars for him and his wife. Don't even get me started on the Yacht.

*Agriculture. You've heard him talk about moving Nigeria from "consumption to production", right? Good. You must've also heard him talk about the vast lands in the North and a 4 year plan where the North can comfortably export its produce and we'll get forex in return that'll drive down the exchange rate.

It's a "4-year plan" right?

End of story.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by flokii: 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
Islamisformumu:
Yes and I'm sure Nigerians will start watching EPL and Champions league free of charge as soon as Dstv is gone.

Stop blaming a private business for the fvck up of your incompetent rulers

Dstv pays hundreds of millions of dollars to purchase broadcast rights, so where a local currency like the naira is extremely weak, it's going to reflect in the prices charged for subscription.

Nigerians just love arguing ignorantly and off point.

That won't be an issue as there are capable Nigerians ready to take up opportunities in cable tvs and live sports channels.

Multichoice is nothing but a big nuisance in Nigeria as we speak.. what they are doing with 'estimated billing' instead of 'pay as you go' obtainable in other African coumtries can't continue. The rip off is too much.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by korlhyjay(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
stillmaticOG:

This people complaining doesn't know that there's something called an Amazon fire stick. If they do, they would gladly Uninstall their dstv.

For 2 years now I have stopped using dstv. Anyone that uses a firestick for a day would realize they've been in bandage all this time with dstv
Pls how much did you get it?
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Bahamas95(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
themanderon:

Mbc sometimes shows top notch movies and it's completely free only drawback is they don't have sports channels.
Ya, I don't see that as a problem. Whenever I wanna watch live match I go to viewing center or watch with my phone if I don't feel like going out.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Kukutente23: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

Are you not smart?
Is there any EPL match happening right now? Abi na jazz I go use bring am??

If you're not convinced please return to your DSTV slavemasters for more punishment. No be everybody for this life need saving.

Good night.
Oga nor vex
I just want to be really sure it can work before I take it on
Make it nor go turn bala blu
But does it mean you'll start searching when the match is already on and not that you have a sure site for streaming?
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Loverboi2cute(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
ecolime:

You are right.

If they had voted the right candidate, DSTV Premium that was increased to N29,500 from N24,500 for don become N500 or maybe N200 monthly.

We go don build like 4 four refineries in 5 months and fuel for don cheap like water. Maybe N20 per liter.

Let them enjoy what they voted for. Elections have consequences.

typical suffer heàd... ogbeni diss d irony jarehh

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by highness25(m): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
post=126776234:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/03/more-pains-for-nigerians-as-dstv-hikes-subscription-fees-for-second-time-in-2023/
Very useless people. That same thing they show today is still what you're gonna watch tomorrow. Waste of money. I blame our failed government and system.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Amagoodfellow05: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
If Nigerians nobe mumu, they won't subscribe to gotv or DStv untill they allow pay per view. With fuel price now, who no get NEPA like us no fit subscribe anything. Am even paying 200. To charge power Bank.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by rotadeco27: 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
ecolime:

You are right.

If they had voted the right candidate, DSTV Premium that was increased to N29,500 from N24,500 for don become N500 or maybe N200 monthly.

We go don build like 4 four refineries in 5 months and fuel for don cheap like water. Maybe N20 per liter.

Let them enjoy what they voted for. Elections have consequences.

U must really believe in magic! Which of the candidates are u referring to , the one that turned the economy of Nigeria around when he was put in charge or the one that turned Anambra to Dubai within 8yrs? Yeye!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by CorperKola: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
RingRoadCartel:
Poor people in Nigeria, unu sorry o.

Now you people will learn that elections have consequences.

You tried to be funny but you only ended up exposing how dense you truly are.

Let me break it down for you like you're 5 years old.

The astronomical increase in dollar rates, fuel price, and gas prices has made the ease of doing business become harder than Further Maths, even a teenager knows this, but you're trying to bend the facts.

These massive increases in cost of living has resulted in the shutting down and relocation of most businesses. It has also ensured that we do not get new foreign investors because nobody wants to do business where the cost of living is unbearably high not to talk of the cost of running their businesses.

As a result, the businesses who choose to stay have to make adjustments to suit the current realities. DSTV has increased subscription prices 2 times this year alone (something they used to do in the span of 3-5 years before), guess what else keeps increasing by the day too? Your guess is as good as mine. wink

So the next time you choose to lie shamelessly and try to shift the blame from your "egbon" who's terrible economic policies have destroyed Nigerias economy barely 6 months after he was sworn in, think again. Not all of us are as shallow as you are.

Elections have dire consequences!
You are clearly the stupid person here
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Codes151(m): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
i no dey again o...

if only this people knew that na epl dey do many nigerians sup they for behave... thank God for online streaming.. coupled with united bad season... no time again... i no dey sub shit

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by themanderon: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
Bahamas95:
Ya, I don't see that as a problem. Whenever I wanna watch live match I go to viewing center or watch with my phone if I don't feel like going out.

Which streaming app do you use that is reliable, free and doesn't consume much data?
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by honor4me: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
I wanted to buy MTN data today. Last month I bought 80 Gig for N11,000. Today I wanted to buy the same, MTN has reduced the data to 40Gig at the same price. I don’t even know what to do

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Innobee99(m): 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
The only solution to dstv wahala is cheap data price.

But we have had terrible visionless ediots handling the communication ministry (including the present ediot) for so long, that internet data is still a luxury for average Nigerians in 2023.

If there is enough data, dstv will beg people to subscribe and making promo after promo to reduce their price.
Mumu leaders we've got
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by rhames(m): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

How are there no alternatives?
What are you watching on DSTV that you can't watch on the internet?

Only an illiterate still uses DSTV.

On point. Most of us have moved on to Netflix and co.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Bahamas95(m): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
themanderon:

Which streaming app do you use that is reliable, free and doesn't consume much data?
I use Live Football and Live Ten Sports apps....... I can watch a complete football match with about 600MB.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by themanderon: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
Bahamas95:
I use Live Football and Live Ten Sports apps....... I can watch a complete football match with about 600MB.

Thanks.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Islamisformumu: 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2023
There's no such thing as "estimated billing" or "pay as you go" in cable television.

Nigerians think you can just pick up a standard practice from one industry and transplant it to another industry which works under very different rules.

In cable TV you're paying for a package and not for the hours spent using that package. That's what differentiates it from making phone calls.

Like I said earlier, because of the sheer incompetence of Nigerian leaders and useless nature of Nigeria as a society, things that were designed to work under perfect conditions will always fail to work once it comes to Nigeria. If Nigeria was providing it's citizens with 24 hrs electricity and the naira was a strong currency, 90% of these complains will not exist.

Any Nigerian who steps into dstv's shoes will also have to deal with the consequences of a useless currency and poor electricity supply, so nothing will change even if a Nigerian is in charge.

flokii:

That won't be an issue as there are capable Nigerians ready to take up opportunities in cable tvs and live sports channels.

Multichoice is nothing but a big nuisance in Nigeria as we speak.. what they are doing with 'estimated billing' instead of 'pay as you go' obtainable in other African coumtries can't continue. The rip off is too much.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Nsexy333(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
My sub will expire by 7th if I guess well, since you people want only the Yahoo boys in Nigeria and the rich people and probably business centers to be watching DStv in their homes and we ordinary or lemme say the poor or average Nigerians can't watch football in our home peacefully again it's ok, thank you very much. Once my sub expires I will go out there and watch my football games or use my phone to steam from the apps, u people are acting like there's no alternative or someone doesn't have a choice again, rubbish

8071821939 That's my smart card number in additional, watch out for it remain abandoned until I become wealthy too to handle the bills

This was my reply to the email I got from Dstv about their new price tag. To be honest I wish 50 percent of us can do this, wicked people.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by pocohantas(f): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
seborrhic:

Funniest post of the year.
To download a movie in HD you will need about 2-3G.That's about 1k data to download a single movie.
To watch live football in HD you spent at least 1k for data!
If you do that daily for a month,just downloading one movie and watching football,you end up spending at least 45k.You have not added watching other things o!
Some of you people want to sound smart,but end up sounding so f oolish.
It's like the st you'd argument people make that why pay say 20-30k a month for "NEPA" light that is not 24hours,why not just be using Generator..If u use your gen just the few hours in the night you must buy at least 1k if not 2k fuel.30days is 30k that you can't use to iron clothes,put on your freezer regularly or use hot plate and electric cooker.
Arguments without sitting down to use commonsense to calculate the relative cost and benefits!!

I have been reading their nonsense rhetorics. Na them first buy smart TV for Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by chima47(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2023
"More pains"? No, we have our pain relief medicine with us. Nothing pains us again. We are very ready now for whatever comes.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by COMPAQ(m): 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
This is what you get when there are little or no viable alternatives to DSTV/GoTV.
Is it really about that? You never see price of everything else going up?
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
This is what you get when there are little or no viable alternatives to DSTV/GoTV.

Any serious Nigerian can go without watching DStv for at least 6 months.

Nigerians have permitted this monopoly and oppression to go on for too long.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2023
newoffer:
I have one terabyte where I download current stuff . I cannot pay that amount and use generator to watch it. My kids get more from my downloads. You will not understand. The money is not the issue but the distraction it is causing my kids. They only watch vital videos . I do 300 gb videos at a go. 3 month I update it.
It's alright if you prefer Internet Content to Cable TV. Those who have opted for Cable TV also have their reasons. Calling them illiterates is wrong.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by yusufmurry: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
And nobody talked about free-to-air here.

I scroll through yet none mentioned it. Is it that it's not a good option ?

Please suggest which is less expensive
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by COMPAQ(m): 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2023
flokii:

Can we please just stop with this nonsense of pay as you go billing that they do in other countries!! IT DOESN'T FREAKING EXIST!
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Ade1177: 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

Lol

https://sports2.reddit-soccerstreams.com/5-psg-vs-montpellier/
https://sports.chelsealivestream.com/5-psg-vs-montpellier/
https://news.score808.football/5-psg-vs-montpellier/
https://headlines.score808.football/5-psg-vs-montpellier/
https://headlines.score808.football/5-psg-vs-montpellier/

All these links are just 1 match - PSG v Montpellier happening live.
You can choose your resolution in some. Most are English commentary too.
Watching football on the phone

Looks somehow to me

Also can't be watching a match
Then call enters
Those small ads that pop up is annoying
Most are usually hanging or Arabic commentaries

Let's just continue praying for more grace

10k or 15k is better spent on clear TV than 30k on Subscription
My sub on my phone is not more than 3k a month

Not everyone likes pressing phone

When there's family time TV is needed

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 / How BBNaija Housemates Will Avoid Tboss After Kemen's Disqualification (Photo) / Bassey: "I Didn't Know That Debbie Kissed Me Until I Saw The Clip"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.