Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? (32481 Views)

Family Palava, Is She Right In Filing For A Divorce or Wrong? (Photo) / Should I Divorce My Wife? / Should I divorce my wife for this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Blue86(m): 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
If what you said is true, then only Jesus can save your marriage.

Fast and pray for His intervention.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Tommydare(m): 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2023
Continue deceiving her. U think the young man is willing to marry her? Baba just want to chop and clean mouth. It's not easy to marry someone else woman. Most times it comes with repercussions.
Solofresh2:
grin grin
Madam if you love your husband divorce him abeg and move to that young man
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by egunna(m): 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
"Sir, should I divorce or remain subject to this punishment for my infidelity? Or leave and start a new life without my family? What should I do ?

I am a married woman. I have no problems in my marriage. My husband had just been posted to another city. But I knew a young man when I was younger. We got back in touch. As chance would have it, we ran into each other one day when we were leaving the hospital.

We called each other regularly and saw each other. But I couldn't imagine it could reignite the flame still inside me. Unknown to my husband I told him out and welcomed him home. One day I introduced my husband to him. Everything was fine.

One day I fall so low by sleeping with him in my home. The children returning from school accompanied by my husband caught us in the act.

My husband and the children didn't say anything and my friend also left. Since that day neither my husband nor the children speak to me. No one eats the food I make. No child accepts that I even touch them for their shower. No one asks for my help with their class assignment. My friend also abandoned me.

I begged my husband for forgiveness but nothing. It has already been 11 months that I have lived as a stranger in the house. Their silence weighs on me. I told my parents about this.

My father no longer speaks to me. My mother occasionally only insults and calls me a harlot and stupid. I don't dare tell his family exactly. My husband also didn't tell his family.

I'm so ashamed of what I did. I broke my home. I do not know what to do"
I hope ur starting afresh does not mean getting married again?coz ur next husband is just a call away from knowing what broke ur former home and ur guess is as good as mine, u are a bad market right now.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by IAMBOSS1990: 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Ogar it easier said than done until it happens to you personally.

I'm a Christian and a born again Christian but I don't condone cheating of any sort. This kind of women don't place value on marriage. They Just feel they can do anyhow and it's nothing. Now imagine if you forgive her just like that, You have given her license to do more.

She even had the audacity to do it on her matrimonial bed. With disease flying every where. She can even kill the man. Such people don't deserve pity. She deserves all the punishment she's getting.

I like the silent treatment the husband and children are giving her. At least now she can perceive her own filth without stressing it to her and she knows she's on her own. This will teach her and others a lesson
Won't that kind of mindset lead to an attitude of unforgiveness and a heart harbouring offences?
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Moniya4Real(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
Going by what you narrated up here, I think you owe your husband a word of appreciation by even allowing you to still stay under same roof with you hitherto. Na man e be. It shows how much he loves you and the kids
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by IamAsiri: 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2023
Think9ja:
I rather die and go to hell than forgive a woman that allows another man access to hear body. Whether that is kissing, sucking or fvcking.

Whether it happened ten years ago, the day I find out, that's the end. I swear I can poison her to death. I can be that vindictive

I must marry a virgin. I don't care how good your character is, the fact that you couldn't close your legs for your future husband disqualifies you. I can date and love you, but I'm never taking you to momma. I just can't trust you. Even the virgin is 50/50 trust, in the sense that I know she's human and every human has his price. But for a non virgin, trust is zero

So many whores parading themselves themselves as wives and mothers.

Tufiakwa

What you have said is very good. And hope you are also keeping your marriage bed undefiled?
Cos it's double standard if you have defiled women and believe that you are entitled to undefiled women. Why defile women when you know that it is a bad thing to do in your heart of heart?

When we condemn premarital sex, men/guys on this platform come strongly for our heads and start castigating us, stating how they cannot be in a relationship without sleeping with their partners but they are also the same set of people who want to marry virgins. I believe that this kind of hypocrisy must stop.

The world would be a better place if married men/women stick with their spouses and unmarried people forgo premarital sex.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by vikstandon(m): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
mbaise1000:
This is the reason I didn't Mary a woman I woman I really wanted to marry because, I always think that any one who have tasted before will get a go again unless the opportunity did not come, anyways, I didn't believe the story but if by any chance it's true, the best option is not to divorce, because God hates divorce, that is if you are a Christian, though you have defiled the marriage bed which is a ground for divorce in a Christian marriage but the bible continued to say that if you choose that very option, you must remain unmarried for the rest of your life, what that means is that you are encouraged to make peace again with your spouse and continue with the marriage. Because if go ahead again and marry another you are commiting adultry, and the person that marrys you is also commiting adultry, so you are expected to forgive because it's practically impossible for the one that has tasted this sweet thing to desist for the rest of their active life.
For those that are going to be challenging what I said, remember also that the disciples of Jesus Christ told Him that this is very difficult and Jesus told his disciples that this law is not for everyone, it's only for THOSE who will be able to keep it, THOSE are the children of God, if you can't keep it. It will mean that you are not of Jesus Christ

You can remarry, so long as the divorce is hinged on infidelity.

Go and read the scripture again. Matthew 19:9

"And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Here, the phrase “and marries another” raises the issue of remarriage. Jesus states that divorcing a mate on the grounds of immorality frees the offended mate to remarry without committing adultery.

But if you can forgive! That's lovely.
Because we also err in so many ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Gabangel(m): 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
There is forgiveness and there is absolution. They can forgive you but absolving you of it, looks hard. The truth is, as much as you love your husband and kids, you have to separate from them. I did not say divorce, just separate from them. Find someone a friend or relative who you can be with till you can get a place of your own if possible. There is phone that you can call up your family when you can. For now staying with them is not going to help your peace. I understand the feeling because I have seen how a partner cheated on, complained that she cannot stand the sight of her husband neither can she accept his touch. Whatever you do, remember this, there is a future out there where they may want you back.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by K9blunt(f): 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2023
Think9ja:
I rather die and go to hell than forgive a woman that allows another man access to hear body. Whether that is kissing, sucking or fvcking.

Whether it happened ten years ago, the day I find out, that's the end. I swear I can poison her to death. I can be that vindictive

I must marry a virgin. I don't care how good your character is, the fact that you couldn't close your legs for your future husband disqualifies you. I can date and love you, but I'm never taking you to momma. I just can't trust you. Even the virgin is 50/50 trust, in the sense that I know she's human and every human has his price. But for a non virgin, trust is zero

So many whores parading themselves themselves as wives and mothers.

Tufiakwa

Are you a virgin?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by rickleye: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2023
Interesting piece !
First thanks for sharing and opening up yourself to neitizens !!!

There are steps which should have occurred once the affair was discovered which is that you both meet a marriage counselor and start the process of reconciliation.

If the husband feels like the offence was too much to handle and forgive then you both should part ways.

It makes no sense you being humiliated for your mistake. I mean when we err you forgive make correction and move on . Discuss why you did what you did etc.

So my solution is that you bring the horse to the water. Find a marriage counselor and explain what happened book an appointment and speak to your husband that you have arranged such meeting if he fails to show up then you can write every single person a letter and leave the house.

Do not be forced to commit suicide and kill yourself. Jesus forgave the woman at the well and Mary Magdalene . But if non of your family members can, then move on.

My two cents !
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by pikechukwu6(m): 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2023
What's the name of the movie shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by crusufixo(m): 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2023
The fact that the man did not tell his family about his wife's infertility, My respect goes out to him. That is a matured man, a man of class, and yet, it baffles me why the woman would cheat on him....hmmm
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by McGeorge1(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2023
😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 you don talk my mind grin

Solofresh2:
grin grin
Madam if you love your husband divorce him abeg and move to that young man
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Roozzaay(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
SAMBARRY:
there's nobody that can survive for long without his mother.it will definitely break you.strong man no reach when you loose your mother o.look at how Davido broke down when he lost his Mom,look at how Wizkid broke down,even Kanye West.there are somethings that are irreplaceable in a child's life no matter how old you are,it's called mother.you can marry another wife but you cannot use me or my mother to do your mother.mothers are only one
Yes virtuous mothers are irreplaceable, even the bad ones can be missed at some stage in life but if those kids can go 10 months without mistakenly talking to her or letting her touch them, I'm afraid the hatred can only grow deeper as days goes by.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by 7upnigeria: 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
duduade:
Just commit suicide

Saves everyone on the long run

Did anybody force you to give advice. Just when I was enjoying other people's comment, you bring this nonsense advice come here.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
IAMBOSS1990:

Won't that kind of mindset lead to an attitude of unforgiveness and a heart harbouring offences?

Nope, it won't. It will only give you time and space to heal. You'll forgive eventually but may not be able to put up with such a person again; one, for the sake of your mental health. Two, for your health generally because you don't know what disease or spiritual contamination she has contracted from the randy goat.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by MuslimIgbo: 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
This is one of the disadvantages of not practicing celibacy as a young girl or lady. It weakens your ability to exercise self-control in the future.
Sleeping around just looks normal until it lands you into an irredeemable situation.

Why would anyone want to still keep contacts with an ex or a male bestie after marriage? Especially when you know you lack self control...

You should just leave that home because you don't deserve a home but to be out there in the gutters where you can freely live your useless life as you wish.

Glorified married Hoe.

Best comment.
May God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
darealez:
Exactly! It's easier to say I'm a born again Christian, even when Christ is not seen in you.
Well, the fruit of the spirit has patience in it, so do well to muster some patience often.

So when, "born again Christian" give advises with zero regards to the Holy Spirit, one can easily pinch them to let them know, flesh cannot do the bidding of the spirit.

Peace.

Mr born again, I hear you.

We are all a work in progress. wink
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Andersonken(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
Checking your profile and your previous Post I doubt this your story.

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by PureNigerDeltan(m): 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
Leave the man in peace.. you can even help him find someone decent enough. As for you; Go back to the streets and f**k as you like, you belong to the streets!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by xamodans: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Where did this tales by moonlight come from?

Ah! I thought I'm the only one thinking this o

2 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by PureNigerDeltan(m): 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
Blue86:
If what you said is true, then only Jesus can save your marriage.

Fast and pray for His intervention.

🤣🤣🤣 the way you people talk ehmmm fast and pray for what exactly. You dey whyne Angel Michael?
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2023
Eyinju112:

I can’t believe you have a temper even as old as you are. No wonder you’re 48 without a husband. I’m not insulting you, I’m just stating the obvious. If this is how you channel frustration on people, then I don’t blame the men who kept dumping your ass for a calm and reserved women of their choices.You have a big work to do on yourself.

So you think I have the luxury time to read your addition? I read the first post well and there was nothing like copied at the bottom line. Then I read another one bashing the lady. Please if you don’t know how to post for people to understand don’t bother posting. 85% of people are confused as I am.

I pray you get married soon so you can stop being a bitter witch that you are.

LoL.. 😂 😂 😂 😂.. see how reactive they get when they are given a taste of their own medicine. Fact still remains you're dumb, in fact dumber than I thought. Who dey born all these chicken brains bikonu? So you even saw the part I was "ranting " still your brain couldn't connect the dots? Your brain is not well developed. Go back to kindergarten. It's not too late.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by EvangelistChuks(m): 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
Accept Jesus into your life as LORD and SAVIOR and whatever the outcome you will not be perturbed I assure you.Only Him and not divorce will help you.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Ingocof(m): 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
"Sir, should I divorce or remain subject to this punishment for my infidelity? Or leave and start a new life without my family? What should I do ?

I am a married woman. I have no problems in my marriage. My husband had just been posted to another city. But I knew a young man when I was younger. We got back in touch. As chance would have it, we ran into each other one day when we were leaving the hospital.

We called each other regularly and saw each other. But I couldn't imagine it could reignite the flame still inside me. Unknown to my husband I told him out and welcomed him home. One day I introduced my husband to him. Everything was fine.

One day I fall so low by sleeping with him in my home. The children returning from school accompanied by my husband caught us in the act.

My husband and the children didn't say anything and my friend also left. Since that day neither my husband nor the children speak to me. No one eats the food I make. No child accepts that I even touch them for their shower. No one asks for my help with their class assignment. My friend also abandoned me.

I begged my husband for forgiveness but nothing. It has already been 11 months that I have lived as a stranger in the house. Their silence weighs on me. I told my parents about this.

My father no longer speaks to me. My mother occasionally only insults and calls me a harlot and stupid. I don't dare tell his family exactly. My husband also didn't tell his family.

I'm so ashamed of what I did. I broke my home. I do not know what to do"

Are you narrating a film you watched to us or it is a fiction you trying to put up as a book or a film?

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2023
Thegoodone13:
You can never have peace in that house and he can never forgive you. He love you too much that is reason he never send you out. Just park your load and leave him. You are a disgrace to women. We have many of you but one day will be one day. My wife also is talking with her ex and I'm monitoring them, one day will be one day. Please, married women, leave your ex alone, they can't marry you after your husband leave you because they can't trust you and they are married man.

Your wife is talking to her ex, you're aware and did nothing?
You're waiting for it to happen before you act? Anyways, we blacks are good at reacting than being proactive.

For me, on no account should a man or woman connect back to their ex'. The ex that could not marry you is not worth being in your life whether you're still single or married to another man.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by HiFive: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
I can't even look at you and think about nice words.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by mbaise1000: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
vikstandon:

You can remarry, so long as the divorce is hinged on infidelity.

Go and read the scripture again. Matthew 19:9

"And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Here, the phrase “and marries another” raises the issue of remarriage. Jesus states that divorcing a mate on the grounds of immorality frees the offended mate to remarry without committing adultery.

But if you can forgive! That's lovely.
Because we also err in so many ways.

You didn't explain why it is written that he that The divorced person should remain unmarried and that he that marrys a divorced person is commiting adultry with them,
The only condition according to the bible that a divorced person can remarry is if they are willing to reconcile and their spouse refuses, the bible said that under this condition, the sister or brother is no longer under that bondage, like I said, it's not for everyone because it's difficult, only THOSE for whom it's made can keep it
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2023
PureNigerDeltan:

🤣🤣🤣 the way you people talk ehmmm fast and pray for what exactly. You dey whyne Angel Michael?

Hahahahaha... 😂
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Akabuking: 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2023
mbaise1000:
This is the reason I didn't Mary a woman I woman I really wanted to marry because, I always think that any one who have tasted before will get a go again unless the opportunity did not come, anyways, I didn't believe the story but if by any chance it's true, the best option is not to divorce, because God hates divorce, that is if you are a Christian, though you have defiled the marriage bed which is a ground for divorce in a Christian marriage but the bible continued to say that if you choose that very option, you must remain unmarried for the rest of your life, what that means is that you are encouraged to make peace again with your spouse and continue with the marriage. Because if go ahead again and marry another you are commiting adultry, and the person that marrys you is also commiting adultry, so you are expected to forgive because it's practically impossible for the one that has tasted this sweet thing to desist for the rest of their active life.
For those that are going to be challenging what I said, remember also that the disciples of Jesus Christ told Him that this is very difficult and Jesus told his disciples that this law is not for everyone, it's only for THOSE who will be able to keep it, THOSE are the children of God, if you can't keep it. It will mean that you are not of Jesus Christ
which kind yeye forgiveness, did you hear the part where she said "even" her friend has abandoned her?? if given another chance, she'll still cheat
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by buzorcharles(m): 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2023
Ur husband is a fool to still be seeing u everyday in his house unless u are the one paying the rent
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by mbaise1000: 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Story. I never said she can't be forgiven but the man can choose to divorce her even after forgiving her. and Mr man, the bible never condemns any partner who chose to divorce on adultery grounds. go and read your Bible very well.

Yen yen yen.. Wait until it happens to you, we'll see how you'll continue living with such a woman.

You can divorce your spouse on the ground of adultry but you are not allowed to remarry unless the one who committed the adultry doesn't mant to reconcile again with you, in this case you are free to marry, you are the one who need to read the bible, or didn't the bible say that he that marrys a divorced person is commiting adultry? So why will the bible say that if the one that divorced that one on ground of adultrey is supposed to just go and marry again just like that? Go and read again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men / Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. / I Want To Get Married, But My Parents Don't Like The Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.