Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? (32512 Views)

Family Palava, Is She Right In Filing For A Divorce or Wrong? (Photo) / Should I Divorce My Wife? / Should I divorce my wife for this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by saysoo: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
Kcgeology:
The fact that your husband has not reported you to his people means he is considering giving you a second chance. Bear the trial period with patience and prayer. Hope you have learnt your lesson
No, the husband is really ashamed of what his people will say about him not being a man.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by chidiokay: 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

The beautiful thing about the Internet is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, which also apply to me, so next time, except my comment defines your existence, jump and pass, it is not by force to quote me.

Is it only opinion, are people not entitle to there choices, if i want to quote i will if you don't like it keep your opinion to yourself.
if you can't take correction don't ever tell me what to do again. roger that
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
fotadmowmend:

You started well be got it wrong at the end..... Who are you to judge? Are you the most righteous? Tell me that you are perfect in all areas you hypocrite

See them... It's people like you that have normalized adultery to the point you no longer see anything wrong in it. If you have a tradition and understand the gravity of what she has done, you won't be here saying rubbish.

A place where they have very strong traditions ruling marriage, what she did can bring death to the whole family. Her husband and , children will all be wiped out but thank God the man found out and didn't touch her again.

Keep supporting evil until it comes knocking at your door.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by kkins25(m): 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
Do you guys use Nairaland to test your cheap nollywood scripts?" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by SAMBARRY: 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
Roozzaay:

I agreed with everything else you said and it's a good piece for real except this part "trust me life will never be the same with your absence in that family" the truth is nobody give a dime about her again in that house, she should just do as you said but that that part hoping they would miss her, only God can make that happen.
there's nobody that can survive for long without his mother.it will definitely break you.strong man no reach when you loose your mother o.look at how Davido broke down when he lost his Mom,look at how Wizkid broke down,even Kanye West.there are somethings that are irreplaceable in a child's life no matter how old you are,it's called mother.you can marry another wife but you cannot use me or my mother to do your mother.mothers are only one
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Munzy14(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
No man forgives a cheating wife...Even she is feeding him.. lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Bonebreaker233: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
there is no cause for pity madam. how insane can u be to bring a man into your matrimonial home?

how would you explain this to your children even if your husband chooses to forgive you?
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Mhizzard(m): 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
hobat4cash:
The man is quiet for the sake of the children not for her.
you think so??the children knew about it
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by omoadeleye(m): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
"Sir, should I divorce or remain subject to this punishment for my infidelity? Or leave and start a new life without my family? What should I do ?

I am a married woman. I have no problems in my marriage. My husband had just been posted to another city. But I knew a young man when I was younger. We got back in touch. As chance would have it, we ran into each other one day when we were leaving the hospital.

We called each other regularly and saw each other. But I couldn't imagine it could reignite the flame still inside me. Unknown to my husband I told him out and welcomed him home. One day I introduced my husband to him. Everything was fine.

One day I fall so low by sleeping with him in my home. The children returning from school accompanied by my husband caught us in the act.

My husband and the children didn't say anything and my friend also left. Since that day neither my husband nor the children speak to me. No one eats the food I make. No child accepts that I even touch them for their shower. No one asks for my help with their class assignment. My friend also abandoned me.

I begged my husband for forgiveness but nothing. It has already been 11 months that I have lived as a stranger in the house. Their silence weighs on me. I told my parents about this.

My father no longer speaks to me. My mother occasionally only insults and calls me a harlot and stupid. I don't dare tell his family exactly. My husband also didn't tell his family.

I'm so ashamed of what I did. I broke my home. I do not know what to do"

Omo, you are very worst oo.

To the point that your children caught you in the act.

Your hubby is being lenient sha, he should have thrown your ass out.

If you are not going to be faithful at least go outside and do your rubbish.

Damn you
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by RealEmilokan: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2023
Forgive yourself. Seek God's forgiveness earnestly, and hang in there seeking your husband and kids' pardon. They day you give up on them is the day you really mess things up. Do things to show them how broken and sorry you are. Also pray about God touching their hearts, it works. As for your parent, it will pass when you can win your own family back.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
See them... It's people like you that have normalized adultery and see nothing wrong in it. If you have a tradition and understand the gravity of what she has done, you won't be here saying rubbish. A place where they have very strong traditions ruling marriage, what she did can bring death yo the whole family. Her husband and , children will all be wiped out but thank God the man found out and didn't touch her again.Keep supporting evil until it comes knocking at your door.
Are you kidding? Your TRADITIONS are what normalized adultery in Nigeria by suggesting the man is to be allowed to roam and the woman be all forgiving. undecided

You seem to have this delusional notion that a man cheating on his wife is a lesser blight on marriage than a woman doing the same. Why? lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2023
darealez:
What does born again mean to you?

Born again means to be gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent. Wisdom is needed here.

She can be forgiven but no longer be his wife. On the grounds of adultery, divorce is allowed in my Bible. So let her get the hell out!!!
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Born again means to be gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent. Wisdom is needed here.
■ She can be forgiven but no longer be his wife. On the grounds of adultery, divorce is allowed in my Bible. So let her get the hell out!!!
That is what you think it means to be born-again? undecided

By the way, have you also given this same ultimatum to every man you know of who has ever cheated on his wife? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by shopwiser: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
"Sir, should I divorce or remain subject to this punishment for my infidelity? Or leave and start a new life without my family? What should I do ?

I am a married woman. I have no problems in my marriage. My husband had just been posted to another city. But I knew a young man when I was younger. We got back in touch. As chance would have it, we ran into each other one day when we were leaving the hospital.

We called each other regularly and saw each other. But I couldn't imagine it could reignite the flame still inside me. Unknown to my husband I told him out and welcomed him home. One day I introduced my husband to him. Everything was fine.

One day I fall so low by sleeping with him in my home. The children returning from school accompanied by my husband caught us in the act.

My husband and the children didn't say anything and my friend also left. Since that day neither my husband nor the children speak to me. No one eats the food I make. No child accepts that I even touch them for their shower. No one asks for my help with their class assignment. My friend also abandoned me.

I begged my husband for forgiveness but nothing. It has already been 11 months that I have lived as a stranger in the house. Their silence weighs on me. I told my parents about this.

My father no longer speaks to me. My mother occasionally only insults and calls me a harlot and stupid. I don't dare tell his family exactly. My husband also didn't tell his family.

The fact he didnt tell his family shows he still respect you because he knows what to do to dissolve the family. I feel him and the kids converse and they still need their mother around cos i see no reason why he hasnt kicked you out of the home. Also if he tell his parents, trust me they will make him marry another woman immediately and let you cheat to your fill, abi na wetin you want cos you didnt even consider your kids when doing it. I do not know what to advise you but you have to seek their forgiveness everyday. Your Husband may forgive but will your kids do, especially if they also caught you in the act with their own very eyes. Your husband is a very calm guy, if it was me, straight divorce. I hate cheaters with everything in me. That what brings about insecurities, your husband may eventually forgive but will never trust you anymore, he will be always insecured.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by tctrills: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Ogar it easier said than done until it happens to you personally.

I'm a Christian and a born again Christian but I don't condone cheating of any sort. This kind of women don't place value on marriage. They Just feel they can do anyhow and it's nothing. Now imagine if you forgive her just like that, You have given her license to do more.

She even had the audacity to do it on her matrimonial bed. With disease flying every where. She can even kill the man. Such people don't deserve pity. She deserves all the punishment she's getting.

I like the silent treatment the husband and children are giving her. At least now she can perceive her own filth without stressing it to her and she knows she's on her own. This will teach her and others a lesson

You claim to be a born again Christian yet you refuse to forgive. These days, the word born again Christian is just a title. It really means nothing.
I was thinking that a born again Christian is one who follows the examples of Jesus Christ.
What did Jesus Christ do to the woman caught in adultery?
You might be a born again Christian but you are definitely not a true follower of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2023
mbaise1000:

I don't think you read my comment or at least you didn't understand it, you need to comprehend before responding,
Was there any place in my comment that I supported what she did?
you can still try again, BTW, claiming to be a Christian doesn't make you a Christian, judging from your comment, you are not a Christian because every Christian will have the capacity to forgive, no matter the gravity of the offense, that's why I said you are not a Christian, and if you had read or understood my comment, you would have also seen where I said that Jesus said that law is not for everyone but for THOSE who can keep it, apparently, you are not among THOSE, so you don't expect everyone to be like you, it's impossible, that law is for the children of God not for those that just claim to be the children of God.
How about you put your pride aside and ask God to show you what been born again mean?

Story. I never said she can't be forgiven but the man can choose to divorce her even after forgiving her. and Mr man, the bible never condemns any partner who chose to divorce on adultery grounds. go and read your Bible very well.

Yen yen yen.. Wait until it happens to you, we'll see how you'll continue living with such a woman.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by bonnyhope: 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Story story

Thank you for keeping us busy

You are showing your writing skill
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2023
Obierika:

So how did the little children also know that you were cheating? Did they see the man on top of you with their korokoro eyes.

Na wah for this kind fake story grin

Did she mention the age of the children? For all we know they may be teenagers. Besides their father may have given them strict warning never to go near her because some traditions, of they keep eating her food or having anything to do with her, there will be repercussions which could claim the whole family lives. If the man were here to tell his own side, you'll understand how and why the children got to stay away from her.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Danabu(m): 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2023
BOSSkesh:
We must learn to forgive and move on
Try and get married and let someone lat your wife before you start practicing forgiveness.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Davidave(m): 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
This is not even my problem,my problem is I was vommiting this morning and I decided to go to pharmacy to buy pregnancy test kit.. then on my way going, I remembered I'm a man 🙄🙄
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
Eyinju112:

This is the comment I’ve been looking for. I never knew she was a joke until today.

You're as dumb as the fellow you quoted.

If you read through with the intent of understanding the post and not going about looking for what is not lost, you would have seen where I made my own contribution to the OP and then figured out it was copied and not my personal story.

I think the joke is on you now.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by fkj950ax(m): 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I am sorry you are in this situation.
You should ask your husband to kindly have a sit down with you and ask for his forgiveness. You hurt him and broke his trust, along with your children’s trust, so you need to earn it back by doing extra.
Now if he doesn’t want to continue in the marriage with you, you can ask for separation or divorce. Like I say always, a marriage is not a prison sentence. If it’s over or damaged or one party doesn’t want it again, everyone should go their way.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by darealez(m): 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

She can be forgiven but no longer be his wife. On the grounds of adultery, divorce is allowed in my Bible. So let her get the hell out!!!
No, that's not what born again means. You can be an unbeliever and still be gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent. So, again the question is, who is a born again Christian?

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by josite: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Ask God for forgiveners.

As your husband for forgiveness

Ask your children for forgiveness .

Ask your parent for forgiveness

Forgive yourself

Then move away from the house

When u are well settled ,let your children knows where you are and as much as u can send gifts to ur kids and allowances .

Move on with your life your children will eventually get over it and look for you .

We sometimes fall as human but they don't let anyone make it a life imprisonment sentence for you.
Even the bible says a righteous man falleth seven times and God lifted him up the seventh time.

Get a new husband and have a new home and new children .

Peace be into u.

Don't let the devil trap ur life with endless gulit.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by cloud(m): 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
Think9ja:
I rather die and go to hell than forgive a woman that allows another man access to hear body. Whether that is kissing, sucking or fvcking.

Whether it happened ten years ago, the day I find out, that's the end. I swear I can poison her to death. I can be that vindictive

I must marry a virgin. I don't care how good your character is, the fact that you couldn't close your legs for your future husband disqualifies you. I can date and love you, but I'm never taking you to momma. I just can't trust you. Even the virgin is 50/50 trust, in the sense that I know she's human and every human has his price. But for a non virgin, trust is zero

So many whores parading themselves themselves as wives and mothers.

Tufiakwa
you yourself, are you a Virgin? Just asking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
tctrills:

You claim to be a born again Christian yet you refuse to forgive. These days, the word born again Christian is just a title. It really means nothing.
I was thinking that a born again Christian is one who follows the examples of Jesus Christ.
What did Jesus Christ do to the woman caught in adultery?
You might be a born again Christian but you are definitely not a true follower of Jesus Christ.

I never said she can't or should not be forgiven. However if after forgiving her the man wants a divorce so be it. You cant force people to remain in marriage they are done with.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Eniitankorede: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
[quote author=EDOSBROWN post=126814201][/quote]

And that your girlfriend will be likely be the future wife of another man. How do you expect her to behave if she sees you in future in the company of her husband? Those of you using girls anyhow with no hope of marriage for them are the cause of heartaches, stories that touch the heart.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Jewessgratitud3: 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2023
darealez:
No, that's not what born again means. You can be an unbeliever and still be gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent. So, again the question is, who is a born again Christian?

Abeg stop asking me all these questions. I don't have the patience for this.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Eyinju112(f): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You're as dumb as the fellow you quoted.

If you read through with the intent of understanding the post and not going about looking for what is not lost, you would have seen where I made my own contribution to the OP and then figured out it was copied and not my personal story.

I think the joke is on you now.

I can’t believe you have a temper even as old as you are. No wonder you’re 48 without a husband. I’m not insulting you, I’m just stating the obvious. If this is how you channel frustration on people, then I don’t blame the men who kept dumping your ass for a calm and reserved women of their choices.You have a big work to do on yourself.

So you think I have the luxury time to read your addition? I read the first post well and there was nothing like copied at the bottom line. Then I read another one bashing the lady. Please if you don’t know how to post for people to understand don’t bother posting. 85% of people are confused as I am.

I pray you get married soon so you can stop being a bitter witch that you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by darealez(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Abeg stop asking me all these questions. I don't have the patience for this.
Exactly! It's easier to say I'm a born again Christian, even when Christ is not seen in you.
Well, the fruit of the spirit has patience in it, so do well to muster some patience often.

So when, "born again Christian" give advises with zero regards to the Holy Spirit, one can easily pinch them to let them know, flesh cannot do the bidding of the spirit.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Thegoodone13(m): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2023
You can never have peace in that house and he can never forgive you. He love you too much that is reason he never send you out. Just park your load and leave him. You are a disgrace to women. We have many of you but one day will be one day. My wife also is talking with her ex and I'm monitoring them, one day will be one day. Please, married women, leave your ex alone, they can't marry you after your husband leave you because they can't trust you and they are married man.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Clarauju: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2023
Continue to beg him if possible involved anybody your husband listens to, make sure you don't go back to such act, he will forgive you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Want To Get Married, But My Parents Don't Like The Girl / What's Your Plan B If Nobody Marries You? / South African Dad Throws His Baby To Prevent His Building From Being Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.