Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class (22700 Views)

Ayo Ojediran, OAU Lecturer, Slumps, Dies In His Office / Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Oluwapresley(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2023
erniok:

Seems you are confusing the videos. That looks to me like a lady in that video

I have shared with you a link to the video uploaded on the sister's page on IG. He is a guy.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by nairalanda1(m): 6:37am On Nov 09, 2023
Lukepeter:

It was an insult, was made as joke; my bad if you took it in bad taste.

"stay one place make thunder fire you" has never been taken as an insult in the history of humanity, come on its early morning dude.

If I said the same to you, you won't like it
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Nwanna2588: 6:39am On Nov 09, 2023
I WITNESSED A SIMILAR THING IN A SECONDARY SCHOOL BUT NOT A PHONE ISSUE

In the chronicle of scholastic encounters, one finds oneself compelled to recount a singularly astonishing incident, which transpired during the prior academic term. It was within the hallowed precincts of a classroom, the sanctum of intellectual cultivation, that a tableau of remarkable audacity unfolded. A damsel, emboldened by the temerity of youthful impetuousness, did dare to proffer an utterance most extraordinary, a pronouncement that seemed to suggest an inversion of the established hierarchy. The very essence of pedagogical authority was challenged, nay, spurned, as she forthrightly intimated that it was her coffers whence my sustenance emanated, thereby divesting me of my purported privilege to levy chastisement upon her personage for her transgression of concealing her scholarly parchment.

Yet, dear interlocutor, the narration remains incomplete without amplification of the tempestuous storm that ensued. Her vocal dissent, rather than subsiding as an errant quip, metamorphosed into a cascade of vituperations that cascaded through the lecture hall, a cacophony that one might deem a dissonant symphony of incivility. It was as if the very bedrock of decorum had been besmirched by her verbal aspersions. In my capacity as a guardian of the sanctity of knowledge dissemination, I sought to restore equipoise, threatening her expulsion should she persist in her disruptive discourse. A gauntlet was thus thrown, a challenge tendered in open defiance of the authority vested in me.

As the edifice of my poise withstood this onslaught of verbal barrage, my resolve remained steadfast. Having but recently become acquainted with the pedagogical labyrinth of this institution, I harboured the determination to remain unruffled by the barrage of affronts and provocations. Thus, with an inner fortitude resembling the ancient oak weathering a tempest, I continued to disseminate the pearls of wisdom, my focus unwavering.

Upon the cessation of the lecture, the curtain did not fall on this theatrical episode, for it was only the commencement of another act. A sojourn to the office of the learned principal beckoned, a haven where grievances were bespoken. With a measured timbre, I rendered an account of the occurrence, a narrative that did arouse the principal's indignation. A paragon of administrative authority, she decreed that the young lady be summoned into her august presence, a tribunal where recompense for insubordination would be meted out.

The climax of this saga unfolded in the principal's chambers, where justice—swift and corporeal—was served upon the recalcitrant student. The catharsis, albeit laden with physicality, marked a crescendo, an adjudication that echoed with the resonances of accountability restored and decorum upheld.

Thus, dear inquirer, concludes this chapter, a tale in which the contours of youthful rebellion were met by the ironclad will of institutional probity. The events recounted herein stand as a testament to the intricate tapestry of academic life, where the pendulum of authority swings in the face of insubordination, lest the foundational principles of scholarship be threatened with dissolution.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 09, 2023
She's ill-mannered, he's ill-tempered. There's always a common ground for peace. 50 to the left. 50 to the right.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by erniok(m): 6:41am On Nov 09, 2023
Oluwapresley:

https://instagram.com/stories/_arike_ade__/3231466707871805187?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=NngwaDl4d2l6Mzdw
Seen. you are right. The guy should press charges. This is assault. The video should nail the lecturer as that was really a dumb act.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Babangidapikin: 6:43am On Nov 09, 2023
Tonyx5:
The lecturer's action is totally wrong and unacceptable. There are better and calmer ways to deal with unruly students and as a Dr, he ought to know that. Smh
Even the US the lecturer took the student phone, she was the going to drag with him, the guy just slam and destroyed the phone ... At least the Nigeria lecturer here hasn't going angry to that level ... If she has carry over now she would say o it's because ......she won't say she isn't paying attention in class. Anyway she would still need to write 200 pages of apologies to her collegues and me before she can attend my next lecture and she can't use respective sentences ...if I was the lecturer
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by mabeni(m): 6:43am On Nov 09, 2023
Because you don't respect your parents and they tolerate your nonsense back home doesn't mean strangers will.

The school should endeavor to fishout whoever posted the video on the internet and rusticate him or her.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by ThatCEO: 6:43am On Nov 09, 2023
Figolouis:
SOCIAL MEDIA!
Well, we only see when the lecturer is instructing/Ordering her to switch off the phone in his lecture class but never know the genesis of the issue.
We should not rush to condemn the lecturer

What other proof do you need? A VAR?

One of d most annoying thing a student can do is to use their phones in class. Secondly, she is taunting him n undermining his authority in front of the whole class.

If a student tries that rubbish with me in a government school she will look for another course instructor cos she is sure as hell not entering my class again
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by YaQsGaYa(m): 6:43am On Nov 09, 2023
He would have tell her to walk out of the lecture hall and never attend to her in his class. Beating her or punching her can cost his job o. But probably that girl will leave that school I know that, she cant do that rubbish in a federal institution and go unpunished.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by micxwell(m): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:

Why expel the girl? Her offence was to use her phone...does that sound like something that worths expulsion? You better know how to judge issues. The man needs to go to jail after being sacked. And then, the girl should be punished appropriately for the offence she committed. The worst is to deduct 5 marks. Period. Na phone she used...not more.

She has the right to defend herself when Mr lecture started bullying her. Those old people are useless. Na dem want respect pass...yet look at Nigeria. They had all, but destroyed everything. I dont have regard for them all. Very useless generation. If Mr lecturer does not know that the authority he has ends with sending the girl of the class, let him go and learn in the jail. He will chop watery beans full of stones there. Ma.d old people everywhere.
They are both wrong. She was disobedient and the man shouldn't have gone physical with her so..... They should both get punished!
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Crafteck1: 6:47am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:

With all the discipline they are giving out in Africa, where has it led you to? Has it stopped frauds? You are one of them. grin Oga...move out of Africa and go see what is right.. if you are not over 60 years and you talk like this...then, na you be the real victim cos they have "chanced" you for life. The way you see those kids in the north being used and dumped is how these people used and dumped you....yet, your eyes never clear. If you know what was available to them in their days and what is left now, you will pity your life. But your eyes never clear na. So, keep doing African things. Lol. Na poverty ooo.

And if you are above 60. Na your ways na. Very manipulative generation. Na dem pray pass..na dem read bible and koran pass....but na dem wicked pass. Very useless generation. grin

It’s easy to talk like this and portion insults left and right ignoring the negative part of sparing the rod,the current genz especially in the western world is a catastrophe already happening not even waiting to happen again,every week school shooting because a princess feels his emotion is more important than the society,no values anywhere,any small thing , mental breakdown..if not for the strong economy the the people from the 60s laid foundation for,how many teachers do you think would remain there with uncultured kids…

You talk about manipulation,she’s sure her emotions or need for passtime adventure trumps the need to study of the other 100 students
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by yetty247(f): 6:53am On Nov 09, 2023
officialwdhtv:
OAU lecturer assaults student for refusing to switch off her phone while in his class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY8tAmc-eLE

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzY3cDYpX8U/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

In the viral video, the lecturer, Dr Ariyo of the Department of Electrical Engineering, could be heard asking her to switch off her phone but she refused

“You can’t be more than me” he said to her

He got angry and forcefully took the phone from her and then punched and pushed her

#wetindeyhappentv

My phone is always on silent mood whenever am in an important places like classes, mosque, public lecture, anywhere I feel I need to pay attention to the speaker and especially I know receiving calls would be a distraction to whoever that is beside me so I don't do it and if anyone does same to me by distracting my attention with unnecessary useless call, I go swear for you ni
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by zedman1(m): 6:54am On Nov 09, 2023
This post just made me angry this morning. Ah ahn, what's wrong with children these days? If I were the lecturer, I'll walk out of the class ( Somehow, I don't even blame him for pushing her, besides she too went too far) and make sure the case is taken up by the authorities of the institution. She must pay for being unreasonably rude. Character and learning was the watch ward before, now the internet age has almost swept the former under the rug. What kind of madness is this?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by aremubabs: 6:54am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...they go go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin

So, he should walk out of the class because of one student? He should sacrifice the time of other learners because of one rude, mannerless learner?

The only thing I agree with you is that he shouldn't have gone physical.

If I were the lecturer, I will not even ask her to switch off her phone. I won't let one student waste my time and the time of many others. But there is no way she would go scot-free.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by luminouz(m): 6:54am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:

With all the discipline they are giving out in Africa, where has it led you to? Has it stopped frauds? You are one of them. grin Oga...move out of Africa and go see what is right.. if you are not over 60 years and you talk like this...then, na you be the real victim cos they have "chanced" you for life. The way you see those kids in the north being used and dumped is how these people used and dumped you....yet, your eyes never clear. If you know what was available to them in their days and what is left now, you will pity your life. But your eyes never clear na. So, keep doing African things. Lol. Na poverty ooo.

And if you are above 60. Na your ways na. Very manipulative generation. Na dem pray pass..na dem read bible and koran pass....but na dem wicked pass. Very useless generation. grin

This thing pain you oh....sorry ehn!
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by femicyrus(m): 6:55am On Nov 09, 2023
We saw a rude student
We didn't see what led to her rudeness from the lecturer

It is difficult to take sides without a comprehensive picture of what transpired before, during and after the scene

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by mabeni(m): 6:56am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...they go go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin
reread what you typed if it made sense to you. This is Africa and not oyibo land. Our cultures differs. Lastly, because her parents tolerate unruly behavior back home doesn't mean strangers will.

She can't be distracting others in class with her ringing every second.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Abrahamgreat(m): 6:56am On Nov 09, 2023
This generation can be very quick to post bias subject just to gain public sympathy, what happened to the instruction that the student should switched off his phone. Can two bosses be in the same boat. Rather than make your headline such as : OAU student disrespected a lecture ", your bias news is to tell the world that the student was assaulted. This does not in any way support violence because the lecturer could have sent him out instead. The institution need to come hard on unruly and disrespectful students like this.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by aremubabs: 6:57am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:

It is because of people like you that discipline has failed to work in Africa.

Long ago, people were more disciplined. There was a time when you dare not report at home that your teacher beat you.

But today, you have parents coming to school to beat teachers up. And people like you would look away. Many of today's kids are so mannerless that I fear for the future.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Sparkoh: 6:59am On Nov 09, 2023
Okay first, it’s not a girl, it’s a guy on dread, and it was not because he didn’t switch off phone, it’s because he entered the wrong class, a freshman who didn’t really know his way yet.
Let’s always be sure before posting
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by lolu2019: 6:59am On Nov 09, 2023
Good for her
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by prigoz(m): 7:00am On Nov 09, 2023
officialwdhtv:
OAU lecturer assaults student for refusing to switch off her phone while in his class

In the viral video, the lecturer, Dr Ariyo of the Department of Electrical Engineering, could be heard asking her to switch off her phone but she refused

He got angry and forcefully took the phone from her and then punched and pushed her

#wetindeyhappentv
Inasmuch I don't support taking laws into our hands, I stand with the lecturer here, some students are overdoing things, even if your father is VC, you should show element of home training, and if you don't want to be disciplined, stay in your father's house. You that posted this on social media do that the lecturer will be punished, remember that what goes around comes around. Good morning good people, may good lord bless good work of your hand today, he will lead you out in peace and you won't come back empty handed.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Tonytonex(m): 7:00am On Nov 09, 2023
officialwdhtv:

#wetindeyhappentv
those mumu students just sidon there dey watch him assault their fellow student.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by tonymyke4life(m): 7:01am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
He should be dismissed and jailed immediately.
That’s how they abusive every small privilege.

At least construct your grammar properly if u want to support her. Thanks
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Exceed15: 7:02am On Nov 09, 2023
Just simple instruction she is proving right in an exam atmosphere . Na dis kind girl go show her husband shege. Future toxic wife.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Blackdisciple(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2023
Certainly while he was lecturing the student was busy watching tiktok
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Exceed15: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2023
Pierocash:
Good. Some people can be very unruly and disrespectful to constituted authorities...

What does it cost her to switch off the phone? Nothing, just arrogance, headiness, and pride.

Correct bro. Na her type go dey challenge her husband for house. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by ericmor: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2023
When one don sing song saying "I get money pass your papa o" what do u expect from them. Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Exceed15: 7:04am On Nov 09, 2023
SAMBARRY:
All these unruly gen z's that think they are untouchable till hand touch them.i Kuku trust those old generation prof them for OAU,them go give am her size sharp sharp.

Always disrespectful with attitude issues and a dose of narcissism.e no dey hand to recognise them.them go dey Waka for road dey do selfie,them go dey cross main road dey wear headset, always half naked with one lousy rubber slippers they call crocs

Don't mind. Terrible toxic future wives

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by stormborn28(m): 7:05am On Nov 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:
grin
Teeth like APC suicide warror
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by royalfly(m): 7:06am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
He should be dismissed and jailed immediately.
That’s how they abusive every small privilege.

U nor get sense at all, what did he do? U call that a punch. Seriously that girl needs to be suspended to teach others a lesson. This is Africa and not another place. We have our culture. In China they still keep to thier cultures. I feel very angry that children are allowed to do so many things. That's why she will never make a good wife. Bet it.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Judolisco(m): 7:08am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
when I dey university, a girl in my class laughed or giggled during lectures and d female Dr asked her why are you laughing, she said nothing..... D lecturer jst walked out, as d class rep I went to her office to apologise, d woman said, so I'm d only one who came to beg arbi?

Iswr na only 3 people pass d woman course, even me wey be class rep got D, because d woman did not come to class again and d exam question tough....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer / UNILORIN Website Got Attacked By Hackers (photos) / COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.