Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre (43424 Views)

2018 National Open University NYSC BATCH - A / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / Which Course Can I Study With My Waec Result In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Cryptoways(m): 12:09am On Nov 14, 2023
Any fund loader, i have a sure buddy of over 4yrs now, who have Checking Account and Zelle?

Who can load any of this two should please indicate, with your WhatsApp or I will DM?
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Toosure70: 5:13am On Nov 14, 2023
You only got certificate but nothing on your head bro

3 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Possessedkid: 7:27am On Nov 14, 2023
School na scam

School is just to swindle the pooor masses

School is basically just to make connections not to gain knowledge except for medical courses

Time spent in school could be directed to other meaningful ventures like being self sufficient and buying land

If you want to learn , go to your state library and read books

Attend a vocational institute not a university or polythenic

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by anyination: 8:21am On Nov 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Another frustrated Nigerian who doesn't know that going to school is about training your mind for life challenges. grin.

They likes of them are proud to be washing toilets in Europe.
Toilet washer in Europe is far more bigger and Richer than most average banker and civil servant in Nigeria with their so called first class certificate...

Nonsense and ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by wirinet(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2023
Throwback:

The report said he burnt it.

He burnt it all.

The report is wrong. I watched the actual video on WhatsApp. He said he forgot his Secondary school certificate at home. The documents burnt did not include the secondary school certificate.

I am sure if you search on YouTube, you will find the actual video.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Frustration

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by eepeepook: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Those things are paper with scribbles on them. He can get the original copies again if needed in future. Na illiterates this kind stunt go impress. The man has his credentials complete. Burning them does not make them invalid. Does it mean those who rats eat their certificates automatically makes them illiterate? I laugh in children on Nairaland are gullible.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Blitzking: 8:54am On Nov 14, 2023
Gjrich:
Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

A Nigerian graduate, Olutimain Ilenre, has narrated why he burnt his original certificates.

The History and International Studies graduate from Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) in Oyo State set his certificates on fire.

Ilenre burnt his Bachelor of Arts, West African Examinations Council (WAEC), University Degree and National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Certificates.

In a video released on social media on Monday, Ilenre said he burnt his certificates due to a lack of a job, adding that the current situation in the country has rendered his certificates useless.

“To get a certificate in this country is like a waste of time,” he lamented.

The Nigerian graduate added that even when travelling out of the country, the certificates are rendered useless.

He noted that he had been unable to sleep in the last week after he recalled that all the jobs he had done for the past 13 years were jobs for which his certificates were not needed.

Ilenre, therefore, advised Nigerian youth to learn handwork due to the country’s present realities and urged parents to empower their children to learn handwork and trade.

“I finished school in 2010 and did my NYSC in 2010/2011; till today, I haven’t used these certificates to get a job,” Ilenre said
once you can read and write Nd you can do some basic calculations and you are street smart you go make am big for this country even with my baccalaureate I still dey use street sense to survive for this country talkles of person eey study some courses where u go begin ask yourself where I fit work with this degree. U must be open minded the highest ROI are in those do called dirty jobs. U just need to package it as person wey go school small.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Debility(f): 9:08am On Nov 14, 2023
Instead of looking for a job why not learn how to make at least 20k-50k weekly on palmpay with just your smartphone 📱

Requirements : a phone number that is not registered on palmpay before

WhatsApp for more information 08104936298
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by BlackhatMentor: 9:17am On Nov 14, 2023
Possessedkid:
School na scam

School is just to swindle the pooor masses

School is basically just to make connections not to gain knowledge except for medical courses

Time spent in school could be directed to other meaningful ventures like being self sufficient and buying land

If you want to learn , go to your state library and read books

Attend a vocational institute not a university or polythenic

Joke will be on you if you eventually send your kids to school grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2023
anyination:

Toilet washer in Europe is far more bigger and Richer than most average banker and civil servant in Nigeria with their so called first class certificate...

Nonsense and ingredients.

Hahahaha...... grin You are funny.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by sageb: 9:43am On Nov 14, 2023
Gjrich:

A Nigerian graduate, Olutimain Ilenre, has narrated why he burnt his original certificates.

The History and International Studies graduate from Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) in Oyo State set his certificates on fire.

Ilenre burnt his Bachelor of Arts, West African Examinations Council (WAEC), University Degree and National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Certificates.

In a video released on social media on Monday, Ilenre said he burnt his certificates due to a lack of a job, adding that the current situation in the country has rendered his certificates useless.

The Nigerian graduate added that even when travelling out of the country, the certificates are rendered useless.

He noted that he had been unable to sleep in the last week after he recalled that all the jobs he had done for the past 13 years were jobs for which his certificates were not needed.

Ilenre, therefore, advised Nigerian youth to learn handwork due to the country’s present realities and urged parents to empower their children to learn handwork and trade.

“I finished school in 2010 and did my NYSC in 2010/2011; till today, I haven’t used these certificates to get a job,” Ilenre said

The sad reality 😔
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by siaco(m): 10:07am On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

He might regret his actions later

He can fordge one for politics 😂
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Natbrowny: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2023
If na poly graduate now. The insults go many.

Now that he is a uni graduate, the insult is now. Shebi na private uni..

The state uni n fed uni students be like. Na because u go private uni study yeye course

When i say the problem of Nigeria na disunity among youths. Dem dey argue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by jaszplus12(m): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

Don't mind him, he didn't think it through before the act. The thought of becoming popular on the net beclouded his proper thinking!
I graduated 23 years ago, I'm not even bothered about looking for job because I can fit into doing any skill... I still haven't even looked at my certificates since 2001.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by henrycloud: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2023
May God no let person born idiot mumu for a son! His parents/guardians sacrificed their pleasures to ensure he got those but now it's all for nothing coz it is very obvious he learnt nothing. Olodo!

This is the kind of person that kills himself thinking it will bring hurt to a living person. If you know him, please congratulate him for SUCCESSFULLY setting his chances of living a better life to ZERO!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by rashfat(m): 11:42am On Nov 14, 2023
Gjrich:

Village people

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Ohraykon: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
propsvilla2:
I think it was as a result of poor orientation. You are not just going to school to look for job at the 3nd but to become a problem solver too. The mindset of average Nigerian student is study then job.
then what was school created for? Is it not dependence and lack of critical thinking which favours the elite....why do you think it doesn't work with the African system?
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by id4sho(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Reapply

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by voltron14: 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2023
Racoon:
So sad! So many of them abound across this nation. I met a PHD holder driving UBER the other day.

Happens everywhere in the world.

Nothing new.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Greenfaces: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

He is probably chasing clout. With a concord paper and coloured printing he can get fake copies to burn for the crowd while he still keeps the original

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Blackman101: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
Him village people get am big time.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Dittodat: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
Degree in History and most likely with no work experience but is expecting an automatic job.
Some people think that just getting a degree is an automatic qualification for a job.
Even in the most developed economies, it's very hard to get a job with these kinds of degrees especially when all you have is the degree and no job experiences.

More and more people are graduating from Universities hence having a college degree is not as automatic prerequisite for success, having an experience in any field is as important if not more important than going through a university.
Your degree is of less importance because almost everyone has one now and more are graduating on daily basis.
With a degree in History in the US, your chances of ending up as a Uber driver is almost 90 percent unless you graduated top of your class and from and top notch university like Harvard, Princeton U of M etc.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by crazygod(m): 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

He can easily forge them later. That's one of the qualities of a typical Nigerian politician.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by casualobserver: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2023
He is a fool. What if his handwork leads to an opportunity where he has to show his education? For instance what if he has an opportunity abroad, how does he prove he is a graduate?

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by ppogba: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
You do not owe anybody an explanation.

You are an adult.

You have done what suits you.

Congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Allisgud: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
If to say him use am do content for TikTok he for get follower yapa,make commot mouth for this handwork matter,I no up to 50 people who get handwork who still dey struggle pay their house rent,even chop na wahala

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by sylve11: 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Which contract them dey use certificates get? cool
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by nedekid: 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

He can always get them back. Even certified true copies. He went to school naa, unlike some of our politicians that their certificates are with ministry of Defence till today.

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Traplord09: 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Lol
For political office
To run away from the country.
Cool down all this aren't needed there.
To join politics. no who no who
Cool down na u and I da this country...

Nigerian na were mad people da
Where anythin goossss

Nothing is going on in NIGERIAN.
Na who no who
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by ceejay80s(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

He can still go to the school and get another, no be printed paper?
As long as he has proof he graduated there,

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My First Semester University Result / 20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.