Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre (43307 Views)

2018 National Open University NYSC BATCH - A / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / Which Course Can I Study With My Waec Result In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by fuke(m): 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
tete7000:

You are definitely totally uninformed. You spew those lies from the depth of your ignorance.

Who studies during nysc. Just listen to yourself.

He has problems with grammar.
Sure, he will not pass an aptitude test with a reputable company.

He was trying to say that the Igbos produce more graduates in professions like law, medicine, engineering, etc.
But he is daft and boastful. That is how they are: fake statistics.

If the Igbos produce more doctors than the Yorubas any year, I will bend.

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Burgerlomo: 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

He might regret his actions later

Very dumb decision 👍

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by gaskiyamagana: 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

He burnt colour photocopies. Even if they were originals, with lies affidavits, he will get them back.

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by fuck419: 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Chinjo2:
If you find out very well, you will discover that he even voted for APC in the last election.

The regime no favour him and his family again?

He don finish the rigging money finish, come dey burn certificate for us.

People should be careful around him now o, because at this point, anything goes.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by RepoMan007: 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
tsdarkside:

anybody can loose something....

burning it for what....??
if you don't accidental fire can, so whats so special.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tsdarkside(m): 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Ayosolomon01:
Private University in Naija na scam....Same labour market with us from our public university.I thought they were taught to create employments.

nigeria has too many Universities,its a joke....
i compare them to churches....
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by kentokay71: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
why not burn your own certificate ,that is if you have one
Vinnie2000:

See some of our Agbadorians up there yarning Nonsense as usual.😏😕

Simple Truth is Nigeria has been DESTROYED beyond repair by APC/Buhari/Tinubua and Many are frustrated. 😔😒😒
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by easzypeaszy(m): 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Nobody cares.
I wan Bleep.
Nobody cares too go bleep ursef

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by jrusky(m): 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Who cares?

You go suffer am later, dey dia dey talk like a slowpoke.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Smithwilliams826: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Like when he is 65yrs
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tsdarkside(m): 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
kiki....its like takin a course to get a degree in women affairs in nigeria.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

bwahaha....
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Originalsly: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Before he chose the course he should've known that degree would be almost useless .... mainly to be used as proof that he attended university. What jobs was he applying for? ... political?... people with connections and no certification would hog such jobs.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by kentokay71: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
you are a fool
Gjrich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDJkRmbkRs?si=xY5jTTH971HifJ2T

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

Naija News

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7909183/unemployment-nigerian-graduate-burns-certificates
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Judolisco(m): 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

u dey mind am.... Some people studies Yoruba or crk in sch and got a job in d bank... So because they didn't use their certificate they should now go and burn it... Na mumu man

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tsdarkside(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
asanausana91:
If it is useless why did the government allow that allows that course to exist in the first place? Fashola study law but was given minister of power. Many teachers today do not pass through the college of education. They are teaching without NCE.

universities na scam in nigeria....

their degrees are not even accepted abroad....
you will start from zero when you japa....

better learn handwork....
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by sonofElElyon: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
Can't tell you what to do with what's yours
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Osanoghodua1: 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
I feel for him though! But he should have resisted the temptations to burn it, he will need them some day. Lols! You need to be tough inside to survive in Nigeria. I graduated 2009, Worked briefly at the bank, I resigned because the pay was low and I was wasting my life there. I am a happy man today. God did it.

Try to read good books, it will transform your metal capacity and give you strength and open your creativity. Don't forget God.

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Oceanjagaban: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
The situation in Nigeria is critical,but will you throw away your cooking utensils just because you don't have foodstuffs?
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Flame333: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

He will request for statement later.. Life goes on but the Nigeria situation is weakening

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by OVB123: 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

You spoke my mind. Kudos!

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by LegendHero(m): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
jaxxy:

will u give him a job? or u didn't hear what he said about his drop out friends doing better than him?

Nigeria system has failed graduates. Girls that studied business admin went back to study nursing just so they can japa.

Failed state.

So what will burning his certificate achieve?

Must he get a job from the government before he can make a living? How many people government wan employ?

We have lot of uninformed youth in Nigeria. If you don’t hustle, you’ll continue to rely on the government till you reach 60 when you won’t even be able to work anymore.

He should also return all the knowledge he gained in that school and revert back to being an illiterate. Since his going to school is only majorly because of government job.

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Philipmoon2(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
Thought they said that it will favor them and their families!
Ndi Ara
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by DiamondPant(f): 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

No one needs a certificate for a political office in Nigeria.
Just join APC and boom!!
Besides, he can always get another certificate from a 3rd party anytime.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by aremubabs: 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
Bobloco:
“To get a certificate in this country is like a waste of time,” he lamented.

True! It's a waste of time especially when you realize that the current president Forged certificates and was discovered to be a guinea pig student of government college lagos used to test run the school four years before it was founded.

It's quite disheartening

People like you never see anything wrong with something as long as you have someone to mention as some benchmark.

You might as well tell Nigerians in Harvard to drop out since Bill Gates dropped out and still became a billionaire.

It is a foolish thing to burn your certificates. What does burning your certificate achieve. The only thing it achieves is more frustration especially when opportunities come and you start running helter skelter for replacement. And there are organizations which would not even look at replacements or affidavits.

Or tell me, what would burning his certificates achieve? What positive thing would it achieve? Rant all you want, but leave the damn certificates alone.

I am currently in a job that I don't fancy, especially now that I have more mouths to feed. It has been months that I last saw my certificates, but I keep them safe, including my WAEC certificate because you can never tell when a big opportunity would come your way.

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Eagletalon147: 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
Just 13 years and you are fed up. May be your certificate is let my people go
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by fabolouz1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
Technically they are not his property.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by akin9ja78(m): 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
He mad mad
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by anyination: 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
tete7000:

Because to you education is all about making money.

Hahahahah...
Oga no go thr ooo
What's the point of been educated but u are living in ABJECT POVERTY?..

How do u justify a society that values money than education?

In your community count and check number of educated graduate looming around doing nothing.

Do u know number of educated graduate Nigeria is producing each year from various University yet living in poverty?.

Thr are many of educated graduate out there working out their ass with peanut as a salary to noneducated person who only maximize his time in learning trade and commerce.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by koldej(m): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Village people don finally get this one , even if you don't need it for anything thinking about what you went through it acquiring those certs is enough reason to keep them.
certificate way be say e no day chop where u keep them, uno they pay tax on am for having them, e no day disturb ur breathing for were Dem day u carry Dem burn... Village people Nawaa ooo for una ooo

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by godwon01(m): 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2023
That is his cup of tea. He will regret doing so in the future. Did he acquired the certificate in order to get white collar job. The certificate are just evidence that you attended school. My primary school certificate is still with me up till today
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by yetty247(f): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
[quote author=Gjrich post=126952637]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDJkRmbkRs?si=xY5jTTH971HifJ2T

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

Naija News

Previous thread

Wahala ti e ni ye

But you can still burn your thing without posting pics and videos online
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Bhol28: 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
Mumu,feeling like he,s trending.Even if u didn't get a job with the cert.Must u foolishly burn it and post online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chisom Chukwuneke Talking About Chronic Myeliod Leukemia Before Her Death: Video / See This Examination Questions In Indian University / My 1st Semester Result