Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre (43310 Views)

2018 National Open University NYSC BATCH - A / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / Which Course Can I Study With My Waec Result In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Timzyad: 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
What baffles me is, if his parents have the money to sponsor him in a private uni...y can't they help him buy a job thereafter. If say him go 1 federal university for dis country suffer 4 or 5yrs of hard labour him no go get mind burn am. Werey

You went to a private school where you pay nothing less than 500k per session which makes it like 2 - 2.5m all through your school.

Then you came out to burn your certificate after that because you couldn’t get a job.

This guy is very very intelligent. By the way, why is he wearing “Buhari Must Go”? [/quote]
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by danzaki63: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dont be decieved by this boy, he burned his scanned and laminated copies of his certificates, dont follow his ways, education is not a scam, no matter what, get educated while you learn a trade. Dont follow these buffons.

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Tareq1105: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

He might regret his actions later

Definitely.

He's a foolish wasted sperm. Your parents sent you to school and they denied themselves to ensure that you don't lack while in school.

Even if the certificate acquired has not been able to pay your bills, who told you it would not someday?

The truth is that help can come anyday and it could be from where he least expected but the werey wey village pple they control don burn credentials.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by viodemus: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
Is it not because Nigeria is useless. In a sane and hardworking country, they would have a record of it. Matter of fact, you don't need the paper part, even though they will give you the paper part when you graduate. You can always ask for it, and go through the process of getting it.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Straighttime: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
eepeepook:
Those things are paper with scribbles on them. He can get the original copies again if needed in future. Na illiterates this kind stunt go impress. The man has his credentials complete. Burning them does not make them invalid. Does it mean those who rats eat their certificates automatically makes them illiterate? I laugh in children on Nairaland are gullible.

Or he can forge a fake certificate. The Supreme Court will exonerate him.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by rezy15(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by rezy15(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by rezy15(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Oh trust me he will. Being a graduate helps you get a foot in the door. Those saying school is scam, go and burn your certificate you hear.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by superCleanworks(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
asanausana91:
12 years after graduating no job. When do you think he will need it? This is a message and a disgrace to the government.

Don't mimd that guy.
If at my age and with my experience, you still need me to present my WAEC/NECO, JAMB, FIRST DEGREE, MASTERS before you give me a job then na wash.
If you sit me for an interview and rather talk about ohm's law and binomial theorem rather than what the job is and how my experience can be used to propagate the business/company forward, then we should not be talking at all.

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Exceed15: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Nobody cares.
I wan Bleep.

Who hold u na
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by superCleanworks(m): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
rezy15:

Oh trust me he will. Being a graduate helps you get a foot in the door. Those saying school is scam, go and burn your certificate you hear.

He MIGHT not. Who are you to say HE WILL with so much certainty? you even say TRUST ME.. trust you for what? Are you the owner of his future?
Me and my brother graduated from **** with 2.1 from EEE & MECH but till today none of us have used our certs. We are business men and employers of labour. I have not seen my certs in over 8 years. What is the difference with a burnt certificate? 😂
Not everyone likes to live in CONFINEMENT to societal standards. Some of us pave our own way (by the help of God) If you still think life without CERTIFICATES is useless then you need to go back to real school.

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Chicagograduate(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Tab there!No be Tinubu and Buhari wey forge their certificate the court validate am?
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Kingosytex(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

If he needs it for political office, he will just go to Oluwole and do the needful 😂
On a serious note, he shouldn't have burnt those certificates.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by TradingGod: 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
superCleanworks:

He MIGHT not. Who are you to say HE WILL with so much certainty? you even say TRUST ME.. trust you for what? Are you the owner of his future?
Me and my brother graduated from **** with 2.1 from EEE & MECH but till today none of us have used our certs. We are business men and employers of labour. I have not seen my certs in over 8 years. What is the difference with a burnt certificate? 😂
Not everyone likes to live in CONFINEMENT to societal standards. Some of us pave our own way (by the help of God) If you still think life without CERTIFICATES is useless then you need to go back to real school.

They have been programmed to think that way that is why they all want to japa since certificate is no longer working for them cheesy
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Faposky95: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Maybe, but a better fool... because he will.kearn faster with more conviction and have a good story to tell.
Unlike many who take it as the biggest achievement and are nowhere for it.
He has more life than many I know
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tete7000(m): 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
engrchykae:
I didn't say nysc is a school
I meant corpers who studied such courses.
By the way,it's mostly Yorubas that study such useless courses

What makes a course useless if I may ask? If the courses are useless and irrelevant to the society, why are they still in curriculum both home and abroad? You really still need a lot to learn.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tete7000(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
anyination:

Hahahahah...
Oga no go thr ooo
What's the point of been educated but u are living in ABJECT POVERTY?..

How do u justify a society that values money than education?

In your community count and check number of educated graduate looming around doing nothing.

Do u know number of educated graduate Nigeria is producing each year from various University yet living in poverty?.

Thr are many of educated graduate out there working out their ass with peanut as a salary to noneducated person who only maximize his time in learning trade and commerce.

If you are well educated through and through, you can't live in abject poverty. Only if you really understand what education is all about.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tete7000(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
fuke:

He has problems with grammar.
Sure, he will not pass an aptitude test with a reputable company.

He was trying to say that the Igbos produce more graduates in professions like law, medicine, engineering, etc.
But he is daft and boastful. That is how they are: fake statistics.

If the Igbos produce more doctors than the Yorubas any year, I will bend.

Don't mind the illiterate.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by countryman13: 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
Gjrich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDJkRmbkRs?si=xY5jTTH971HifJ2T

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

Naija News

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7909183/unemployment-nigerian-graduate-burns-certificates
Everyone understand d fact dt getting a job after graduation is not biz as usual in Nigeria bt it's absolutely not enough reason for u to burn ur certificates. I roam d streets for 14yrs likewise until baba Godee answered my prayer. There are many jobs out there dt u can do without ur certificates n still survive. I hope u dont regret ds action of yours
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Maga123: 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
You could have just keep the cert. some where it could be useful someday
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Dagrace01(m): 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
What has burning it done for him?
He's the sore loser here, u no see job u still burn wetin u work hard to get.
When opportunity arises, hin go bite hon fongers
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Sharz: 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA HAS FAILED US WOEFULLY, I DONT BLAME THIS YOUNG MAN, BUHARI AND TINUBU WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE AND JOY TILL THEIR LAST BREATH ON EARTH. THIS VIDEO TOUCHED ME ALOT
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tfelicityk(m): 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2023
Smiling...
Just imagine those that don't attain any educational qualifications will be mocking him that they are doing well with skills acquisition.
Can't he learn any skills and add it to the certificates he had acquired.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by emmi14: 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

He might regret his acti later
Na you be fool. Tinubu get certificate?
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by brownbib(m): 6:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Keep the advice to yourself Bro.
It clearly shows you don't know the meaning of school!
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Karemarealty288(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Without certificate you can be Nigeria President.......no qualms. A vendor will take care of reproducing another one, the most important is that he graduated from the school. Eg Tinubu.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by VULCAN(m): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
I love your definition but I'm amazed that you are so naive as to believe that what is taught in most schools "is about training your mind for life challenges".

Is it the lecturer that takes note of who bought his handout that you believe has such a mentality?

Or the one who administers tests when he notices that some of the fine girls are absent?

Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Another frustrated Nigerian who doesn't know that going to school is about training your mind for life challenges. grin.

They likes of them are proud to be washing toilets in Europe.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by GrandTempestPro: 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
Waec/wasc grade three with credit in English and maths.
University third class honours or 2/2.
Burn Dem, not needed, mostly
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Jossibest(m): 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
Its well
May God help us
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by sparko1(m): 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
Houseontherock1:
He made a mistake undecided

Those are photocopy, look at the NYSC, except you don't have NYSC, you should know, that is photocopy.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Vulcan24(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2023
They use bsc to fix my salary not to employ me
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tomdon(m): 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

Not original. Is colored photocopy ehh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See This Examination Questions In Indian University / I Regret Bitterly Going To University. / My Encounter With Group Of Cultists Today In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.