Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre (43394 Views)

2018 National Open University NYSC BATCH - A / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / Which Course Can I Study With My Waec Result In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Gboom: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
He must be spell bound if he really burnt the original certificate
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tete7000(m): 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

He might regret his actions later

The guy went to schools but remain uneducated, a total illiterate. Who told him education is all about using certificates to get jobs. The question he ought to have asked himself his how the education he got has helped him improved even the so called handwork he does? Does he do it better than those without his level of education?
Education should be seen as an opportunity to open your minds to possibilities in the world. Sadly, education doesn't open people's minds in our society because nearly everyone went to school not to learn but to cram, pass exams and obtain certificates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by engrchykae(m): 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
Yorubas and laziness are inseparable.
During nysc,you will see Igbo corp members studying engineering, medicine,law.
Then you will see Yoruba corp members studying library science, history and international studies, accountancy, banking and finance.
Unemployable courses!
At this stage of our national development,what we need is science and engineering.
So that even if you are not employed by the government or by firms,you can create a job for yourself in the short run and for others in the long-run
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by ufotunang: 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Another frustrated Nigerian who doesn't know that going to school is about training your mind for life challenges. grin.

They likes of them are proud to be washing toilets in Europe.
. .abi ... getting s university certificate is not just about getting a white collar job or office work.... school iand university education is to make the person to be sound, intelligent, enlighten and to face challenges and overcome them and make good use of life opportunities that can lift one to the next level

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tete7000(m): 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
anyination:

Toilet washer in Europe is far more bigger and Richer than most average banker and civil servant in Nigeria with their so called first class certificate...

Nonsense and ingredients.

Because to you education is all about making money.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Ayosolomon01: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
Private University in Naija na scam....Same labour market with us from our public university.I thought they were taught to create employments.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by samuelson06(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

Don't cry for him. He's accepted his fate. Think about your own life. Keep hoping when you'll use your certificate to enter Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Yoyo99(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
Throwback:

The report said he burnt it.

He burnt it all.

Woow, School actually IS a theoretical ground while life drama IS thé Real bomb
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tete7000(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
engrchykae:
Yorubas and laziness are inseparable.
During nysc,you will see Igbo corp members studying engineering, medicine,law.
Then you will see Yoruba corp members studying library science, history and international studies, accountancy, banking and finance.
Unemployable courses!
At this stage of our national development,what we need is science and engineering.
So that even if you are not employed by the government or by firms,you can create a job for yourself in the short run and for others in the long-run

You are definitely totally uninformed. You spew those lies from the depth of your ignorance.

Who studies during nysc. Just listen to yourself.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Babastrong(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
[quote author=Absuchat post=126952859]3rd class certificate burnt....no big deal [ even pass certificate does not worth burning.]
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by jaxxy(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:
Money miss road.

You went to a private school where you pay nothing less than 500k per session which makes it like 2 - 2.5m all through your school.

Then you came out to burn your certificate after that because you couldn’t get a job.

This guy is very very intelligent. By the way, why is he wearing “Buhari Must Go”?

will u give him a job? or u didn't hear what he said about his drop out friends doing better than him?

Nigeria system has failed graduates. Girls that studied business admin went back to study nursing just so they can japa.

Failed state.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by asanausana91: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
engrchykae:
he studied history and international studies.
What for?
If it is useless why did the government allow that allows that course to exist in the first place? Fashola study law but was given minister of power. Many teachers today do not pass through the college of education. They are teaching without NCE.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by engrchykae(m): 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
tsdarkside:
he can order another....he just has to pay for new printin....
the university has his records....

stvpid idioot....

international affairs for what....??
to sell fish in the market....??

professions that nobody needs in nigeria and abroad its not accepted....

learn skills that people need in nigeria....
typical lazy youth.
I cant even consider him for employment.
What are we going to do with his history and international studies?
He refused to be useful to the country and the feeling is mutual.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by ufotunang: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
After all the stress you went through and money you spent to acquire all this certificates you burn them...you are not serious
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by fuke(m): 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2023
This boy wins the most stupid person award.
But I guess he did it to gain publicity and entice sympathy.
sympathy he wont get, because those who would have helped
him would see him as dumb.

He went to private university, probably because he could not get
admission into a federal university.

He just showed his dumbness.

Whoever told him his degree is for salaried jobs
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by ufotunang: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2023
Don't you know if you want to further your education abroad and there is scholarship to do masters don't you know you need all this certificates you are burning...or you can even get a job abroad with these certificates....they are lot of other opportunities out there even in nigeria
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by izubext007: 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2023
Tinubu doesn't have certificate but he is the president
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by cjudy(m): 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:

He will go to computer center and forge another one when needed in future. The Supreme Court affirms that. Certificate are for ceremonial purposes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by NAC1666: 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2023
Gjrich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDJkRmbkRs?si=xY5jTTH971HifJ2T

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

Naija News

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7909183/unemployment-nigerian-graduate-burns-certificates
What do you expect. When his president Forgered a certificate and has been successful in all he does. Probably,he wants to follow suit
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by newnigerdelta00: 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Gjrich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDJkRmbkRs?si=xY5jTTH971HifJ2T

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

Naija News

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7909183/unemployment-nigerian-graduate-burns-certificates

Original copy dey house,that na coloured photocopy MUGU
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by yungdynho(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Coloured photocopy. Social media stunt
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by lopeshola(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
His action says it all, he went to school but didn't have common sense. I can see why he was not employed. Someone with his mentality is not employable. Trust me his going to regret it in future.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Deogratiasfx: 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
I dey fear this kind person o
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tsdarkside(m): 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
engrchykae:
typical lazy youth.
I cant even consider him for employment.
What are we going to do with his history and international studies?
He refused to be useful to the country and the feeling is mutual.

abi....
he learnt something that nobody needs in nigeria....

now he is complainin....??
funny part is,abroad his degree from nigeria is useless....

why would they hire you and disregard their own people that have the same degree....
some people just dont think....

anyways he lost nothing....
he can apply for another from the university he was....but it will cost to reissue.... undecided undecided
frustrated stvpid guy him....
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by RepoMan007: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
We need massive reorientation in Nigeria.

Under normal circumstances, once certified, you can walk into the awarding institution to get a new copy of you certificate for a token.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Iceberg3: 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Another frustrated Nigerian who doesn't know that going to school is about training your mind for life challenges. grin.

They likes of them are proud to be washing toilets in Europe.
Zebulum yaff spoken grin
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Agunesinjaweola: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
He can always get a replacement certificate like Mr Tinubu if he so desire !
But the Certificates is worthless if it adds no value to your life after many years.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by nairalanda1(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dittodat:
Degree in History and most likely with no work experience but is expecting an automatic job.
Some people think that just getting a degree is an automatic qualification for a job.
Even in the most developed economies, it's very hard to get a job with these kinds of degrees especially when all you have is the degree and no job experiences.

More and more people are graduating from Universities hence having a college degree is not as automatic prerequisite for success, having an experience in any field is as important if not more important than going through a university.
Your degree is of less importance because almost everyone has one now and more are graduating on daily basis.
With a degree in History in the US, your chances of ending up as a Uber driver is almost 90 percent unless you graduated top of your class and from and top notch university like Harvard, Princeton U of M etc.

1.Getting a degree meant gettting a job...back when the number of people going to university was smaller. (1960'S, and 1970's.) From the 1980's onward...numbers of students grew beyond civil service job capacity, then our private sector is simply not large enough to absorb people because we are not an industrial economy.

2.Yeah, his degree is not that useful, even in sane countries. I love history, but I won't read that course even if someone offered me a million US dollars to do so...plus ten times that if I graduate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by engrchykae(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
tete7000:

You are definitely totally uninformed. You spew those lies from the depth of your ignorance.

Who studies during nysc. Just listen to yourself.
I didn't say nysc is a school
I meant corpers who studied such courses.
By the way,it's mostly Yorubas that study such useless courses
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Deogratiasfx: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
jaxxy:

will u give him a job? or u didn't hear what he said about his drop out friends doing better than him?

Nigeria system has failed graduates. Girls that studied business admin went back to study nursing just so they can japa.

Failed state.

We well know this but why burning it? Some even go to these schools not even because of job. Job is just one of the reasons people go to school. They are a whole lot to school.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tsdarkside(m): 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
RepoMan007:
We need massive reorientation in Nigeria.

Under normal circumstances, once certified, you can walk into the awarding institution to get a new copy of you certificate for a token.

anybody can loose something....

burning it for what....??
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tsdarkside(m): 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
ufotunang:
Don't you know if you want to further your education abroad and there is scholarship to do masters don't you know you need all this certificates you are burning...or you can even get a job abroad with these certificates....they are lot of other opportunities out there even in nigeria

international affairs....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) / FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction) / Top Ten Universities Chosen By Candidates During The 2023 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.