Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,213 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? (12640 Views)

What's The Best Advice On This Matter? / Help, My Guy Needs A Good Advice / Is My Wife Correct On This Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by thatigboman: 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kennitrust:
the monster you called MILITANTS WAS created by the greediness of the government who claims they have absolutes power over what comes out of people communities.

live and let live is the way forward to long life and properties.

If you take from me because you are stronger than me... There is always a Delilah to weaken Samson.
u will like to run your brother's business down so all of you will remain poor in yhe family?
His success in his business has no comparison with the government. Government has no business operating businesses. Government own is to collect tax and royalties and use that to secure the lives and properties and upliftment of its citizens. Their failure to do that is what led to militancy and general insecurity in the land.
Your brother's case is not same. He is nurturing a business for profit. For the part he is using your family land without paying royalties (because u have not share land) is where you have a point. Let him pay royalties for the land he is using, he will get his cut from it as well, it's his father's land too.
Rather than fighting him because he is now successful in the business, u guys should sit down and ask for his assistance. The more many of you get successful in your endeavour, the less you will put eye in his success.
Approach matters. Giving you a friendly advice.

1 Like

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by thatigboman: 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
Mase2020g:
Yes you have case.
what's the case he has. Expatiate.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by thatigboman: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
Okpollo:
Now you have seen its not a family business but your elder brothers idea? Do you know how he managed to make the business a success? You think its just about contributing money , do you know the market competition he had o fight off to exterblish his own? You cant claim its family business, it would have been if either of your father or mother started it and asked your brother to manage it. Please dont fight for what is not yours , legally you will lose , traditionally you will lose idea is more than just funding. Dangote got grant from his uncle to start his business ,that is his idea not his uncle. Your brother in the other hand should assist the family to stand when things are not going on well for you guys, thats what i will do if i were him , because that is exactly what my brother would do too.
the person u quoted isn't the Op. He's one of those urging the op to go and damage his brother's business so all of them will remain poor in the family as if poverty is a virtue.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Kennitrust(m): 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
thatigboman:
u will like to run your brother's business down so all of you will remain poor in yhe family?
His success in his business has no comparison with the government. Government has no business operating businesses. Government own is to collect tax and royalties and use that to secure the lives and properties and upliftment of its citizens. Their failure to do that is what led to militancy and general insecurity in the land.
Your brother's case is not same. He is nurturing a business for profit. For the part he is using your family land without paying royalties (because u have not share land) is where you have a point. Let him pay royalties for the land he is using, he will get his cut from it as well, it's his father's land too.
Rather than fighting him because he is now successful in the business, u guys should sit down and ask for his assistance. The more many of you get successful in your endeavour, the less you will put eye in his success.
wise said but this person I'm talking about, you know the kind of character this man have.

Hello has done this business for about seven years now without asking anyone how he can assist him or her.
This is so heartless that he will wish you die instead of giving for any assistance that involves money.

You just don't the nature of the person I'm talking about.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Kennitrust(m): 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
thatigboman:
wise said but this person I'm talking about, you don't know the kind of character this man have.

He has done this business for about seven years now without asking anyone how he can assist him or her.
He is so heartless that he will wish you die instead of giving you any assistance that involves money.

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by thatigboman: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kennitrust:
wise said but this person I'm talking about, you don't know the kind of character this man have.

He has done this business for about seven years now without asking anyone how he can assist him or her.
He is so heartless that he will wish you die instead of giving you any assistance that involves money.

some people are like that. Approach it with wisdom. Let me tell u my story.
My elder brother (1st son) refused that I would go to university because my dad died just after I finished secondary school. That I must do business, I say over my dead body. I continued my school endeavour. I got admission into university, the guy asked my mum not to give me a kobo, that it's him that will decide what I would do in life. It was the battle of babylonia. My elder sister (1st daughter) say she will like me to go to university, let me be the 1st in our family that went to university, the guy refused.
It was a battle of wits between me and him, he tell our mum not to give me money, I convince my mum to give until my mum secretry gave me. And that's what changed my life forever.
I finished and got a good job and single handled sponsored my 2 younger brothers in university. Now they ate both living on their own doing well.
And I'm the one taking care of that my brother's children's education and one of his children is even living with me.
Some brothers are like that. Just take it easy with me and try to make a living for yourself.
As per the business, just take it from me, u dont have a stake at it. Dont bring harm to it.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by doneback04: 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kennitrust:
Straight to the point:

We're family of 8 living closely together in the family compound.
What happened here is that in 2009, shell company came to our community and and offered us and anyone interested a cheap and affordable borehole. We took the advantage to have borehole in our family compound.

Fast-forward to 2017, one of my brothers conceived the ideas of making pure water from the family water. The idea was a welcome development as we all donated towards the success of the business.

To cut long story short...

When the business became successful due to the environmental position (our compound is closed to border). My brother refused any member of the family an access to the benefits accrued the sale. My brother fought anyone who demand for a share from the sale. Literally most times in a week my brother could make a sale up 1m. In a week.

Currently, he is building another water factory unopposed by the family. Family compound is decaying and he said, he had no concern whatever happens in the compound and that his only concentration is in his business.

Being the last born in the family with negligence of help from the only brother who could recus me using that our local oil well. I decided to pick up a battle of GIVE ME MY SHARE OF THE PROFIT YOU MAKE FROM MY FATHER PROPERTY. The fight no be here. He is now asking us to come together so we can share properties so he can exonerates himself from the rest of us.

Please I need advice on how to crab my shares from this LIFETIME business.

Ikwerere people leave us alone, we are still fighting on how to pay you guys rent because month is ending soon
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Dshocker(m): 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kennitrust:
Straight to the point:

We're family of 8 living closely together in the family compound.
What happened here is that in 2009, shell company came to our community and and offered us and anyone interested a cheap and affordable borehole. We took the advantage to have borehole in our family compound.

Fast-forward to 2017, one of my brothers conceived the ideas of making pure water from the family water. The idea was a welcome development as we all donated towards the success of the business.

To cut long story short...

When the business became successful due to the environmental position (our compound is closed to border). My brother refused any member of the family an access to the benefits accrued the sale. My brother fought anyone who demand for a share from the sale. Literally most times in a week my brother could make a sale up 1m. In a week.

Currently, he is building another water factory unopposed by the family. Family compound is decaying and he said, he had no concern whatever happens in the compound and that his only concentration is in his business.

Being the last born in the family with negligence of help from the only brother who could recus me using that our local oil well. I decided to pick up a battle of GIVE ME MY SHARE OF THE PROFIT YOU MAKE FROM MY FATHER PROPERTY. The fight no be here. He is now asking us to come together so we can share properties so he can exonerates himself from the rest of us.

Please I need advice on how to crab my shares from this LIFETIME business.

Since the water is for everyone, you can literally start your own table water and pure water business.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Caseless: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2023
@Kennitrust

So na borehole water una de package for people as borehole abi?
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:29am On Nov 15, 2023
That your brother is something else, you guys shouldn't give him any chance due to how he is behaving I think he might be the one who brought the idea of the water business.

To him the business is his own not a family that's how greed starts, since he is building another water factory he has already capitalised it to be his own not family business you will have to thread with caution.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by FxMasterz: 11:16am On Nov 15, 2023
Dakota7:

I asked a simple question, why not answer it and quit being arrogant. I'm just trying to form an opinion on the matter.

If the Company is not registered with CAC, go and register it yourself on the same address and location and claim it as your family business. He who owns the certificate owns the business.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Dakota7: 11:46am On Nov 15, 2023
FxMasterz:

If the Company is not registered with CAC, go and register it yourself on the same address and location and claim it as your family business. He who owns the certificate owns the business.

Not true. Wrong advise.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by achimendy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
Mhizzard:

see question
even if they didn't have deed,his sense should have tell him that it is family business so far he got the capital source from the family.even if he can't remit up to what the family may demand for,he should try and be giving the family some amount.

You're very correct. The business belongs to him, but he should atleast remit like 30% from the profit to the family, or be using some part of the money to help or do one or two in the family.

Remember it's the family property he's doing that business, and they also showed him love when he was about to start th business.

He should not allow greed take over him.

2 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Compliant(m): 2:06am On Nov 19, 2023
@op kindly leave your brother alone

go and look for work and don’t be a lazy youth

The way you even said he makes 1 million weekly says it all
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Obierika(m): 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dakota7:
Was there any agreement as to profit sharing when you guys made the contribution to the business?

Good question

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bride Price Wahala! / In One Word Describe The Relationship With Your Dad / Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.