Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? (597 Views)

Why Do Some Women Like Playing Mind Games Into Their Old Age ??? / Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: / She Use To Be A Lesbian, She Claim To Have Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Carcholce: 8:09am On Nov 19, 2023
Like the title says. Do you know someone, a man or a woman that his or her ways was questionable in character, changed completely. Not change for few months or a year or as we popularly call it “taking a break” but changes that spans for years/decades and the changes brings about a new lovable character in this person.

E.g

Someone that stops smoking 5 - 10 years ago
Someone that stopped drinking ………….
Someone that stops fornicating ………….
A liar and dishonest person that completely stopped
A cheat that completely stopped
Etc etc.

Please be nice with the comments!
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by immortalcrown(m): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2023
I know people who stopped smoking for more than 10 years.
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Carcholce: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
I know people who stopped smoking for more than 10 years.

And they never went back to it even for once?
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by immortalcrown(m): 8:18am On Nov 19, 2023
Carcholce:

And they never went back to it even for once?
Yes.
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Carcholce: 8:19am On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
Yes.

Impressive! Thank you for sharing.
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Bahamas95(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2023
I have only seen in cases of addiction.

But you see wickedness, I don't believe a wicked person can change.....The reason you think they've changed is because they haven't got opportunity to exhibit their wickedness.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by illicit(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2023
Yes
My dad ( Late tho)

He used to be a smoker cos he was in the Millitary

Gave up smoking before marrying my mum, my mum never saw him smoke, neither do I

Infact it was a surprise when my mum told me that he said he used to be a smoker

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Carcholce: 8:33am On Nov 19, 2023
Bahamas95:
I have only seen in cases of addiction.

But you see wickedness, I don't believe a wicked person can change.....The reason you think they've changed is because they haven't got opportunity to exhibit their wickedness.

Are you saying a human, as small as a day old baby is born wicked and cannot be changed even from the stimulating effect of love?
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Carcholce: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2023
illicit:
Yes
My dad ( Late tho)

Gave up smoking before marrying my mum, my mum never saw him smoke, neither do I

Infact it was a surprise when my mum told me that he said he used to be a smoker

Impressive. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2023
I know about my uncle... He used to be a thug somewhere between the 80s and 90s... He and his group used to major in committing heists and robberies.

He's been in and out of prison before between the 80s and 90s.

But now he's completely changed... He's got a stable job and he's married with kids.
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by illicit(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2023
Carcholce:

Impressive. Thank you for sharing!

I gave up smoking too

Not up to five years tho

I don't see myself going back, I am free
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Carcholce: 8:46am On Nov 19, 2023
illicit:

I gave up smoking too

Not up to five years tho

I am glad you did. How do you manage the triggers? Do you avoid friends that smoke? Party invites? etc!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Carcholce: 8:48am On Nov 19, 2023
Samantha124:
I know about my uncle... He used to be a thug somewhere between the 80s and 90s... He and his group used to major in committing heists and robberies.

He's been in and out of prison before between the 80s and 90s.

But now he's completely changed... He's got a stable job and he's married with kids.

Impressive!

Thank you for sharing.
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by illicit(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2023
Carcholce:

I am glad you did. How do you manage the triggers? Do you avoid friends that smoke? Party invites? etc!

Yes I did

It wasn't easy

Actually I can't divorce this fact, I went for a deliverance session about one year earlier

Since that day I was convinced that I needed to quit smoking, so I started working and looking forward to it

It wasn't easy
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by kenedyx: 10:18am On Nov 19, 2023
A simp changed his ways right before my very eyes. It was impressive the level of assertion he attained, became so bossy and borderline disrespectful. He would never go back to his old ways. Just didn't see it happening.
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Bahamas95(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2023
Carcholce:

Are you saying a human, as small as a day old baby is born wicked and cannot be changed even from the stimulating effect of love?
Based on personal experience all the wicked people I have known are still wicked. They'll just relax for a while and look for a good opportunity to strike harder.

Taming/showing a baby cobra love doesn't mean it won't unleash it's venom later.....I don't believe a wicked person can totally change. They only pretend to deceive you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2023
illicit:
Yes
My dad ( Late tho)

It's up to you to continue where he stops as the true son of your father.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by Bankerboy: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
illicit:

I gave up smoking too

Not up to five years tho

how did you stop this, i really to stop my self
Re: Do You Know Someone That Have Changed Completely From Their Old Ways? by illicit(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bankerboy:
how did you stop this, i really to stop my self

It's not easy but then it's not impossible

It starts with determination

I smoked to a point that it no longer highs me, I began to see it s a waste of time and money, yet the urge won't stop coming

That's the worst part, I was no longer in control of myself

I decided to quit after I went for deliverance about a year earlier, I started to reduce my intake, sometimes I won't smoke for two days

It's weed o, I never smoked cigarettes

Gradually gradually, I stopped buying it

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why Nigerian Boys Are Still Single / How Do You Maintain Friendship While In An Intimate Relationship? / Ladies And Gentlemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.