Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Funds To Japa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funds To Japa (30207 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funds To Japa by Ablemax(m): 11:31am On Nov 25, 2023
hello my fellow Nlanders, yo those who have successfully japa we also need your contribution to this,

as we know getting or raising money for japa is not easy, I've been thinking cracking my head to see on how to raise funds for japa but non ideal is coming forth except beting hoping some day I'll hit jackpot..

s to my good people please kindly share how you were able to raise the money for japa so that us here can follow too. (legal way)

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
most people you see moving out sold their resources. But if you can do some business like exportation of Nigeria food, some farming crazy farming that are small scale but return is large within some months, it's good. in export, you can make 1 millionaire gain on 100kg of Garri only in a week. Export is the best but hard to come by.

A kg here is around 700 naira, there is around 12 USD that's like 12000 naira. their are some courier that charges 3500 per kg multiply it by 100, that's 350k for transportation, getting there if sold like say 10 USD, that's 1000 USD within like 5 days. 1000 USD is around 1.1 million naira here in just few days, now imagine you send, egusi, elubo, etc.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Funds To Japa by Evolutionism: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ablemax:
hello my fellow Nlanders, yo those who have successfully japa we also need your contribution to this,

as we know getting or raising money for japa is not easy, I've been thinking cracking my head to see on how to raise funds for japa but non ideal is coming forth except beting hoping some day I'll hit jackpot..

s to my good people please kindly share how you were able to raise the money for japa so that us here can follow too.(legal way)

Get an AR15 and Visit the nearest place money use to plenty inside the place. I have forgotten the name they use to call that place.

You can ask other people sha, They will tell you the name because it's popular.

Everything you need to live a Very Comfortable LIFE in a nation like Nigeria provided you are from a "Poor/Average" Background are on the other side of FEAR.

Get Rich Or Die Trying.

Adios.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
most people you see moving out sold their resources. But if you can do some business like exportation of Nigeria food, some farming crazy farming that are small scale but return is large within some months, it's good. in export, you can make 1 millionaire gain on 100kg of Garri only in a week. Export is the best but hard to come by.

A kg here is around 700 naira, there is around 12 USD that's like 12000 naira. their are some courier that charges 3500 per kg multiply it by 100, that's 350k for transportation, getting there if sold like say 10 USD, that's 1000 USD within like 5 days. 1000 USD is around 1.1 million naira here in just few days, now imagine you send, egusi, elubo, etc.

Do you know what it takes to export anything from Nigeria. Easy to say so on the internet but very impractical in reality.

192 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Funds To Japa by Gerrard59(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Do you know what it takes to export anything from Nigeria. Easy to say so on the internet but very impractical in reality.

LOL!

I did some calculations recently, and had to suspend my plans. It costs money o to export. This is aside from finding customers. It is doable and actually the best way to invest in Nigeria, but it costs money, make I no lie.

Tohsynetita1:

Are you sure you not mistaking revenues for profits?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funds To Japa by ednut1(m): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

over 13 years ago i saw an advert in punch Newspaper on seminar/ training on how to export. Till today there are many people offering such trainings. I was wondering then that if they were making money they wont have time to be organizing training. Just like forex trading the trainers are making money from training and not actual trading 🤣

292 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Funds To Japa by ednut1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ablemax:

s to my good people please kindly share how you were able to raise the money for japa so that us here can follow too. (legal way)

is student visa the only way to japa

8 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Ablemax(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2023
ednut1:
is student visa the only way to japa

abeg tell me the other ways to japa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by Ablemax(m): 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
Evolutionism:

Get an AR15 and Visit the nearest place money use to plenty inside the place. I have forgotten the name they use to call that place.

You can ask other people sha, They will tell you the name because it's popular.

Everything you need to live a Very Comfortable LIFE in a nation like Nigeria provided you are from a "Poor/Average" Background are on the other side of FEAR.

Get Rich Or Die Trying.

Adios.

grin grin
I wan flex life abeg
Re: Funds To Japa by Ablemax(m): 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

its not easy to export sha.. very expensive stuff

2 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Lillyagu90(f): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2023
Do you know anyone that actively does this or you are going by what you see online?

Tohsynetita1:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

majority just think those that type aren't experience. Have started export so, am talking from experience

7 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
Lillyagu90:
Do you know anyone that actively does this or you are going by what you see online?

this is what I do. in fact am trying to get branding etc. If you want to know something, you make research about it. Don't assume everything is hard until you research.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ablemax:

its not easy to export sha.. very expensive stuff
Nothing is easy and nothing is hard, interest matters. Do you think it's easy for a man of God to write interpreted Bible for 9 years? khalifa was built for 10 years, you think say it's easy. Interest and suffering will make you do some hard thing atimes.

18 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

LOL!

I did some calculations recently, and had to suspend my plans. It costs money o to export. This is aside from finding customers. It is doable and actually the best way to invest in Nigeria, but it costs money, make I no lie.

I didn't make mistake, it's very expensive to export but their are cheaper means, it's DHL that is always expensive, if you don't do your research very well, you won't know their are cheaper ways. DHL could charge like 50k per kg but some courier charge 3500 per kg

16 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

LOL!

Am not making mistake o, I have like 4 people in USA, so, I know price of things. A kg of major grains is around 10 USD to 15usd currently.

6 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

if you check my past post even here on "Travel" , there's a time I was looking for someone to do market research for me overseas, I have some one that does that in illinois, Chicago and Ohio but I wanted to extend then and someone was discouraging me that it can't be done. What can't be done, to go to African stores and ask if they could need someone to supply them some other African foods if it's not sufficient or they don't have at all. The worst they can say is " they don't want" will they beat? The task is a paid task o. But someone said it's not possible here in overseas, as if no be human being they live their. Even fellow Nigerians sometimes. FYI, I sent dried snails and honey on Tuesday this week. So, am not new to it.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by laivwire(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

if you check my past post even here on "Travel" , there's a time I was looking for someone to do market research for me overseas, I have some one that does that in illinois, Chicago and Ohio but I wanted to extend then and someone was discouraging me that it can't be done. What can't be done, to go to African stores and ask if they could need someone to supply them some other African foods if it's not sufficient or they don't have at all. The worst they can say is " they don't want" will they beat? The task is a paid task o. But someone said it's not possible here in overseas, as if no be human being they live their. Even fellow Nigerians sometimes. FYI, I sent dried snails and honey on Tuesday this week. So, am not new to it.

I had to jump on your comment.

First, if you're exporting commercially, we are not talking about small quantities, we're talking bags and possibly tonnes of good quality stuff. The European market is quite strict on things like this.

2. Except you are a PR or have become a citizen, you can't run business in these countries...in literal terms, you can't move around hawking your food to African stores because you wont even be able to import (refer to point 1). Even if you manage to import and get caught, you will be punished. Other africans who have struggled to build their businesses won't want to jeopardize their business over a few earnings or they risk it and pay you stipends (Africans are good at exploiting).

3. Way forward is to liaise with a commercial/licensed exporter. Good luck sealing the deal with them because they will pay you in Naira not USD. The profits belong to the middlemen.

Can't say though, maybe you have a trader uncle can piggyback on

4. Last point/Disclaimer: I've not done thorough research nor dealt business in this sphere. What I've listed above is based on my brief encounters with stakeholders on both endss of the food chain.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2023
laivwire:

First, if you're exporting commercially, we are not talking about small quantities, we
Am not talking about commercial export. What the op needs is just some thousand of dollars to travel out which small scale export could cover. my largest export weight is 100kg

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by laivwire(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

Am not talking about commercial export. What the op needs is just some thousand of dollars to travel out which small scale export could cover. my largest export weight is 100kg

I understand, I wasn't done when you mentioned, you can check again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funds To Japa by Gerrard59(m): 1:19am On Nov 26, 2023
laivwire:

First, if you're exporting commercially, we are not talking about small quantities, we're talking bags and possibly tonnes of good quality stuff. The European market is quite strict on things like this.

2. Except you are a PR or have become a citizen, you can't run business in these countries...in literal terms, you can't move around hawking your food to African stores because you wont even be able to import (refer to point 1). Even if you manage to import and get caught, you will be punished. Other africans who have struggled to build their businesses won't want to jeopardize their business over a few earnings or they risk it and pay you stipends (Africans are good at exploiting).

3. Way forward is to liaise with a commercial/licensed exporter. Good luck sealing the deal with them because they will pay you in Naira not USD. The profits belong to the middlemen.

He is just supplying African stores, that is it. And yes, there is money in it provided he follows the rules and is a direct supplier.

6 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Gerrard59(m): 1:21am On Nov 26, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

I didn't make mistake, it's very expensive to export but their are cheaper means, it's DHL that is always expensive, if you don't do your research very well, you won't know their are cheaper ways. DHL could charge like 50k per kg but some courier charge 3500 per kg

Sure, I know there is money in it, but it is quite expensive to begin with especially if one wants to remove middlemen. Those middlemen make a lot of money.

3 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Saverin: 7:45am On Nov 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

He doesn't know. That's why he's not doing the business abi who no won make 1.1m in 5 days? grin

3 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 9:19am On Nov 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Sure, I know there is money in it, but it is quite expensive to begin with especially if one wants to remove middlemen. Those middlemen make a lot of money.
Removing middle man is simple, you will need to meet the seller directly.

1 Like

Re: Funds To Japa by Mindlog: 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

Am not making mistake o, I have like 4 people in USA, so, I know price of things. A kg of major grains is around 10 USD to 15usd currently.

Which grain is $10 -$15 per kg?

3 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by studyless123: 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

It's a good business and I like your thought process. African stores are thriving in every city. You actually need just one person to coordinate the business. For example this drink cost $20 here and I consume palm drinks a lot. I found another store with a Nigerian brand that costs less. Food is a necessity for man to live so food business will always thrive.

11 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2023
studyless123:

It's a good business and I like your thought process. African stores are thriving in every city. You actually need just one person to coordinate the business. For example this drink cost $20 here and I consume palm drinks a lot. I found another store with a Nigerian brand that costs less. Food is a necessity for man to live so food business will always thrive.
can we connect? we could make good money if we are serious.

1 Like

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2023
Mindlog:

Which grain is $10 -$15 per kg?
like Garri, beans, etc.
Re: Funds To Japa by Mindlog: 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
like Garri, beans, etc.

E no reach that amount, I buy 5kg of yellow garri here in the UK for £11, white beans £2.40 per kg

5 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Tohsynetita1: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2023
Mindlog:

E no reach that amount, I buy 5kg of yellow garri here in the UK for £11, white beans £2.40 per kg
that's only possible if it was moved through ship. movement of a kg of goods to UK alone is around 6 USD per kg through flight, that's not DHL o, DHL service is very costly. So, it's possible the goods was sent through ship.

4 Likes

Re: Funds To Japa by Mindlog: 10:28am On Nov 27, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

that's only possible if it was moved through ship. movement of a kg of goods to UK alone is around 6 USD per kg through flight, that's not DHL o, DHL service is very costly. So, it's possible the goods was sent through ship.

Why would anyone want to export with high cost of shipping?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fully Loaded Tanker Falls At Mile 2 Lagos, Spilling Its Content (Photos) / South Africa May Impose 10-year Travel Ban On Evacuated Nigerians / 3rd Mainland Bridge Is Now Fully Open (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.