Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why (72688 Views)

Don't Marry If U Don't Have A Job And Don't Marry A Liability. / Most Men Wouldn't Marry If They Understood Women Well / Do Not Marry If You Do Not Have A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by aremubabs: 10:52am On Nov 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
A man has planned to run away from his wife and baby after he was seen pricing baby food and diaper and started sweating inside AC after he discovered the prices.

He called his family members right away blaming them for forcing him to marry, that now he's the one facing the heat and none of them is here to help him out.

Now check out the phone the man is using, not up to 4k. Check out his shirt and trousers.. is that the person you think can afford that kind of food? I'm not trying to degrade him. I'm just trying to say, make sure you can comfortably cater for yourself and one more person before going into marriage. This is exactly what the so many men who abandoned their family passed through before deciding to take to their heels.

Marriage is a beautiful thing. let's stop making it look scary and undesirable with our myopic approach. Do it when the time is right not for public commendation or validation cos when you start facing the heat, non of those people cheering you on will come and help you like the man rightly said.

If we all wait to have SUSTAINABLE income, none of us would be married right now.

Or perhaps, you can define sustainable income for us?

What is a sustainable income?
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Silentgroper(m): 11:04am On Nov 26, 2023
sandygechy:
The man is the provider! Itโ€™s not both their duty to provide.Iโ€™m sure the man wants submission from the woman that co-provides with him.In order words,the woman becomes a submissive provider!
Dey playโ€ฆ.
Unfortunately,such world does not exist.
As long as it sounds absurd for a woman to ask a man to go through pregnancy and birth children, thatโ€™s how it sounds when a man ask a woman to provide!
A broke man should not impregnate a woman.

Ok .. Do not contribute to the finance of tour home .. na you sabi ...
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jamie1000: 11:09am On Nov 26, 2023
Now imagine marrying a single mom with her child. And yours . Bills bills ๐Ÿ˜ซ ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Greenfaces: 11:11am On Nov 26, 2023
Optimum2023:
Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

The good thing is, Land no cost for Abuja, Na you wan buy am for Maitama. Even sef, Land no even cost for Maitama, Na you no buy am on time.

For as low as 800k, you can become a Landlord in Abuja. Don't take my word for it, you can click this LINK to see for yourself.
hmm... land of 800k in Abuja! What's the size. No tell me say 322 sqm. Tell me 50 by 50 or 24 by 20
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by aremubabs: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Ogbeni, The Answer is Straight forward!๐Ÿ˜

When A Guy is ABLE to Foot all his Bills without Complaints or Depending on anyone,
Then he is READY for marriage.๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ™‚

Not a Guy who owes his Landlord Rent, can't buy news clothes, eats BREAD and FANTA, can't buy TV in his Apartment, etc
Now thinking of going to Pay his GF's dowry and hoping Marriage will bring blessings. undecided undecided

That's a Terrible Gamble some Young married Guys made and they are SUFFERING dearly for it! embarassed embarassed sad

This is laughable.

Even in developed countries, only a privileged few or the lucky ones in the middle can foot all their bills without complaints.

If we went by your logic, many people would not be married today.

Getting wedded is not so much about the current financial status as planning.

When my wife and I wedded, our total income was not even up to 100k. But we had made plans. I am a heavy saver. Fortunately for me, my wife is too. We planned our finances. Of course, we did get help here and there, but we both knew that it was temporary as we planned.

In the earliest months of our marriage, my father still sent stipends to me. Now, I send triple of that stipends to my dad and still send to my wife's mom. Not that I make a million naira per month, but I know how to use money, and I have a great financial partner in my wife.

Now, there are men who go into marriage fulfilling all the requirements you listed above. They were able to foot their basic bills and all that. And then, after wedding, they start struggling financially? Or you think that it is not possible?

I will tell you why some men go into marriage financially OK and then start struggling a few months or years in marriage. Lack of planning.

The fact that you could feed yourself or pay your bills before marriage does not mean you would be able to when you get married. Situations change, especially if your partner is financially wasteful. I know of a neighbor who threw lavish birthday parties for his children every year. He has four children, so four lavish birthdays every year. He is doing well currently, but around this time last year, he almost committed suicide when he suffered financial setback. I did not even know until one day when I visited my children's school to pay off their school fees balances. It was test time, and his children were all in the waiting room. I questioned them, and they said they didn't know why they were not allowed to take the tests. It was the school administrator that now told me only one of the children had some of her school fees paid for. The three others were owing full school fees.

Marriage is not so much about your current financial status. It is more about the two people going into it. Do they both have something doing that gives them income. If the man is the only one that has an income, what are the plans for growing that income? It takes two to tango. So, consider your partner's financial behaviour too. Things would not always be rosy financially. How would they make the most of small incomes? Would they stay when things are booming and start parking as soon as things start going downhill?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2023
Jamie1000:
Now imagine marrying a single mom with her child. And yours . Bills bills ๐Ÿ˜ซ ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Na you wan go carry another man bukata na. So be prepared.

1 Like

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by sandygechy(f): 11:20am On Nov 26, 2023
Go and make money and provide for ur family because itโ€™s ur duty as a man!!!
Na u sabiโ€ฆ.

Silentgroper:
Ok .. Do not contribute to the finance of tour home .. na you sabi ...

1 Like

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Shed2013(m): 11:28am On Nov 26, 2023
Na better parents Born u and bring u up in good way , u suck ur mother's breast very well that's why u get sense , greetings because u dey think before u write .
ExudeLoveToAll:
Does one person make up marriage?

If you think all the Hollywood paradise in your head will come to pass think twice.

Marriage is not about the man it's about two people coming together to work , work in bold letters in order to create the next smallest unit of the society to ensure societal sustainability.

If you still think marriage is about men, you may be shocked to remain in that delays mindset decades to come. What stops you from planning for marriage just as men plan? You are looking for some body's son to come sweep your feet... grin

1 Like

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by highchief1: 11:30am On Nov 26, 2023
psucc:
My brother, I don conclude that part o. 2m and 3f
congrats my man.if e get anytime when man need money,trust me na when ur kids Dey infant stage.I pray for every parents.i know wetin my eyes see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by yemmit90: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
endsarrrs:

Yomi is that you?

No.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Juniorangel(m): 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2023
Your immediate family are the ones who will push you into this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by yemmit90: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Ogar, I shop in both local and supermarkets and I can tell you that the supermarkets are sometimes even cheaper than your local stores. Ask anyone around you who shop in supermarkets.

Ok, PM me with your location, if you stay near me, we can go to both supermarkets and local market and see.

Even pharmacies drugs are way more expensive than what you get from normal drugs shops.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2023
yemmit90:

Ok, PM me with your location, if you stay near me, we can go to both supermarkets and local market and see.

Even pharmacies drugs are way more expensive than what you get from normal drugs shops.

I'm not talking about pharmacies. Of course those ones can't be compared in terms of quality. So the prices can't be the same.
I'm talking about normal grocery stores.

If youll do a 100k shopping for me now Ill give you my location grin cheesy tongue. Abi na empty hand we go take do the findings? ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚...

Don't worry, I don't stay near you.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by psucc(m): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
highchief1:
congrats my man.if e get anytime when man need money,trust me na when ur kids Dey infant stage.I pray for every parents.i know wetin my eyes see.
Hmmm! Raising a human being is not an easy thing especially if you are the type that wants or seek a brighter future for them.
. it's tasking presently; paying house rent at 3 different locations, school fee, upkeep money, etc. But for sure, tomorrow shall be better.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by psucc(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2023
Shed2013:
Na better parents Born u and bring u up in good way , u suck ur mother's breast very well that's why u get sense , greetings because u dey think before u write .
As you extol him, also remember we're in the world of inequalities. As Nigerians will say - this life no balance.

Honestly, all of us can't make it to a wife that brings something to the Union. Even those who are lucky, some are regretting it, some are blaming themselves why they didn't go for those who had nothing to offer.

Just that we should make do if in our choice we pick bones in place of flesh.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by jojothaiv(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2023
Wawelexy:
Nowadays one can't even differentiate between reality and a comedy skit.
This particular one is a skit and I have nothing to say.

1 Like

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by kushme: 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You are now coming to my side of the argument. The man will end up abandoning his family because hes not financially capable.

Men, please double your hustle
to meet up with family demands because the bulk is on you.

I dislike this statement... What stops women from doing the same? A thief's statement cos they want to benefit where they sow little to nothing cos they've pucci and feel entitled. We are in a digital world for christ sake, more women are cashing out these days. Fvckin' support the familia,too, if you believe in gender equality. And if you don't, then continue making that statement to the man till he drops dead.

A corrupt nation with less jobs and opportunity to go round for the citizens, an environment not easy to do business. You think these realistic and ugly parameters would help a lot of people make it in the present Nigeria even if they double their hustle? For your information, Africa as a continent isn't coming out of poverty any time soon.

Please do us a favor by listing these hustles many men need to double in order to come out of this current situation, like China(pulling over 700million people out of poverty) did..
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jamie1000: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Na you wan go carry another man bukata na. So be prepared.

No me. But, they need to marry also. Expecially the good ones, that was abused. Not the ones that left because of Money or selfish reasons.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by endsarrrs(f): 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
yemmit90:

No.

Okay thanks(I am mixing up his Nairaland handle with yours)

Yommi is dead anyway. He passed away. Just this Sunday morning he was found dead in his apartment alone at fagba, Lagos state.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by omostar: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2023
Must you buy baby food? I make home made food for all my babies. It is healthier and cheaper.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by yemmit90: 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I'm not talking about pharmacies. Of course those ones can't be compared in terms of quality. So the prices can't be the same.
I'm talking about normal grocery stores.

If youll do a 100k shopping for me now Ill give you my location grin cheesy tongue. Abi na empty hand we go take do the findings? ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚...

Don't worry, I don't stay near you.

grin grin grin
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by mechanics(m): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2023
Eyah, things will get better soon.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Mayflowa(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2023
Justkatty:
Thanks so much
Baby is 9months
Yes you can, I'll really appreciate
0797372861 access bank.
God bless you.

Are you U.P. E initials?
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Ginaz(f): 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2023
PedoBear:
op meet your fellow barren witch, Ginaz

Birds of the same feathers, unmarried witches

Na other people suffering day give una joy

Tuehh Amusu

As I nor want be baby mama e pain you full body. your ashewo sister's should be ashamed of birthing bastards everywhere.

See Satanist dey call person witch. Mumu dey worry you
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Xosh: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2023
Mayflowa:

How old is your baby? Can I buy some baby food for your baby? Do you mind?
The acclaimed pedophilic university of Benin lecturer.

Osas I m ashamed on your behalf!
You have a super beautiful wife n lovely kids,hope you won't ask her for her nudes n contact details.

You can attack me with your alternates.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

The prices ain't the same, where I'm from there are 3 market places separately, first and second market prices of commodity defers from the 3rd market respectful.
Emerging first market are selling egusi 2 cups for 700 without grinding it for you but the 3rd market sold egusi 2cups for 500 with grinding included.

Last month a Chinese national send me to help and buy him a shaving stick using my money but will be reimbursed back once he got better (admitted for surgical appendicitis) so I got into a supermarket and pick 2 shaving stick, I now call the attention of the staff there which she confirmed the prices using their PC.

Guess the prices, one goes for 4k while the other one goes 9k like say na clipper I want buy.
Last last I returned back to a small kiosk adjacent the hospital and got one for 200

The man should even be thankful he got only a child to chartered for, unlike me whom God blesses with twins just last month, so how man will cope in this hardest mode?
So we grind harder or die trying

Congrats on ur twins. May the ground soft for us. Eno easy at all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2023
Silentgroper:
they both made the decisio6to get married and have kids, therefore the the responsibilities lies on both of them...
It really doesn't matter that they both did as what instead matters is the agreement that they both agreed to in their union. If the man said he would carry all financial burden on his head then he should be expected to do just that. undecided
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
โ–  You can now see what akamu has done to his brain. His cognitive capacity to comprehend a simple statement is very low due to lack of nutritious milk during his formative years.
Don't waste your time trying to explain to him because he will never understand.
Diet of Akamu alone has really don terrible things to the brains of many Africans out there abeg! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2023
cletz991:
Before these baby food SMA, NANs and Co came onboard. Nor be Akamu and milk our parents take feed us and we all grew up fine. Make Oga cut e coat according to his size undecided
African man save yourselves from ignorance. Akamu no get single nutritional value to it yet you believe it is more than enough to feed to your growing babies? And when those babies turn out to be no different from those before them, una go dey look left and right for something to blame. undecided
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2023
ufotunang:
.....in this world we are living they will be poor people ... even in other countries apart from nigeria they are poor people..they are poor people in USA, London, Dubai, France, Germany...so you want to tell me that these poor people should not have children because they cannot buy baby food then is very expensive nowadays I which they cannot afford..then how will they have children
Where in my comment there did I state this which you assert? undecided
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2023
Nathaniel111:
I already made up my mind to go UBA on Monday go break my savings and withdraw for the sake of my baby as my wife has been singing baby food to my ears since yesterday.
I think say pressure no go dey till Month end as my woman don buy new pack of Daiper last week, But to God be the Glory Atletico Madrid over 0.5goal don bless me with 178k tonight๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ everywhere wan stew

Chai see soft ground. Dey share us games oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is This Girl Really 15 Years Old??!?! / Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures) / Wife Calls Husband's Side Chick On The Phone. See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.