Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why (72696 Views)

Don't Marry If U Don't Have A Job And Don't Marry A Liability. / Most Men Wouldn't Marry If They Understood Women Well / Do Not Marry If You Do Not Have A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by psucc(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
Justkatty:
Not all babies will accept to eat that.
E.g my daughter, most times I spend nothing less than 25k in a month just for her food alone. She takes home made food, but just little of which it won't satisfy her...
It's not very easy , but God has been faithful.
She did so knowing Papa can afford the shelf's provisions. Where the ₦25,000 is the total income for the family including transport to work, my suggestion will suffice.

3 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Olawade24: 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2023
psucc:
SAP not Obj but IBB regime policy. That's the beginning of the end to the giant of Africa.

It's survival practice! The government is choking the poor to death. You can adjust to survive it.
You correct IBB regime, wanted to say ibb don't know why my keyboard type obj. Could have been my luv for obj too plenty.

2 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Talismann: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
A man has planned to run away from his wife and baby after he was seen pricing baby food and diaper and started sweating inside AC after he discovered the prices.

He called his family members right away blaming them for forcing him to marry, that now he's the one facing the heat and none of them is here to help him out.

Now check out the phone the man is using, not up to 4k. Check out his shirt and trousers.. is that the person you think can afford that kind of food? I'm not trying to degrade him. I'm just trying to say, make sure you can comfortably cater for yourself and one more person before going into marriage. This is exactly what the so many men who abandoned their family passed through before deciding to take to their heels.

Marriage is a beautiful thing. let's stop making it look scary and undesirable with our myopic approach. Do it when the time is right not for public commendation or validation cos when you start facing the heat, non of those people cheering you on will come and help you like the man rightly said.

I guess you get multiple orgasms seeing and hearing people who braved up and got married not doing well or even having split families and separated spouse(s). Its a much needed consolation and high to the sad life you chose just as much as cocaine soots the addicted one.

You aren't married, haven't been and will most likely never be. You aren't in any position to give any advice to the single talk more of the married so stay in your narrow lane.

Of course, everyone knows Marriage is for the brave and those willing to sacrifice, it's as obvious as the sun. Also it's common sense to have stable income (both man and woman). Just as it is common sense to ensure progeny especially to someone like you disappointing those who brought you to this world by not making plans to birth at least a soul too, so you have no moral standing to reprove those who made mistakes in marriage. Perhaps your very own parents made a mistake too. You get the gist.

The economy of this country, presently as it is, is very difficult, but it's okay for those who are single and know nothing about the pains of family people to pick up their phones and type crap.

please stop basking in the glory of the stories of those who couldn't make theirs work for some reason because I tell you they had the balls to venture in there, and you, selfishly never did and may never.

You had your time to be an advicer , but e don pass. Shioor.

12 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Justkatty(f): 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
psucc:
She did so knowing Papa can afford the shelf's provisions. Where the ₦25,000 is the total income for the family including transport to work, my suggestion will suffice.
Papa ko undecided
That's where you guys always get it wrong.
Anyways the most important thing is that my baby is seeing food everyday to eat🤞

1 Like

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Justkatty(f): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
ecolime:

You are right.

I am a regular buyer so I know.
Likewise me
May God keep providing for us to take care of his gift
Amen

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
Talismann:

I guess you get multiple orgasms seeing and hearing people who braved up and got married not doing well or even having split families and separated spouse(s). Its a much needed consolation and high to the sad life you chose just as much as cocaine soots the addicted one.

You aren't married, haven't been and will most likely never be. You aren't in any position to give any advice to the single talk more of the married so stay in your narrow lane.

Of course, everyone knows Marriage is for the brave and those willing to sacrifice, it's as obvious as the sun. Also it's common sense to have stable income (both man and woman). Just as it is common sense to ensure progeny especially for you disappointing those who brought you to this world by not making plans to birth at least a soul too, so you have no moral standing to reprove those who made mistakes in marriage. Perhaps your very own parents made a mistake too. You get the gist.

The economy of this country as it is very difficult, but it's okay for those who are single and know nothing about the pains of family people to pick up their phones and type crap.

please stop basking in the glory of the stories of those who couldn't make theirs work for some reason because I tell you they had the balls to venture in there, and you, selfishly never did and will not.

You had your time to be an advicer , but e don pass. Shioor.

Stop being pained because you already failed as a family man before coming across this piece of advice here. I'm not the cause of your failure.

All I did was to drop my 2cents as usual to save many what awaits them if they choose to build without counting the cost but it's a pity what you chose to see was me basking in euphoria, of what exactly? You need a brain check.

Please take your frustrations elsewhere. No be me do you o.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by AgentGoat: 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Bliss62:
Is the wife allergic to working?! Or even if she is on merternity leave she doesn't have any savings or income not even business

Women dey get work? No be men dem dey wait for.

4 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
AgentGoat:

Women dey get work? No be men dem dey wait for.

Everything una go blame women. Na women say make una make babies? Keep your thing now if you no ready to take care of them .

Onyenka and Sunny Ade sang it and that particular song was my favorite growing up.

Having babies
No be joke o
You go feed them
give them clothes
Give them love too
If you never ready to carry the load o
Why put am for another person head.

If you love me you go wait for me.
Wait for me make we plan am well.

These were songs we listened to that helped shape our lives and prevented us from becoming baby Mamas or ending up in unplanned marriage.

These are legends sending a powerful message back then when the economy wasn't even as bad as it is now.

8 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by ogawisdom(m): 6:08pm On Nov 25, 2023
Cheap skit

what are you doing with SMA Gold when there are cheaper alternatives. Is he broke and senseless?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by PedoBear: 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
op meet your fellow barren witch, Ginaz

Birds of the same feathers, unmarried witches

Na other people suffering day give una joy

Tuehh Amusu

4 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by drmikeadams(m): 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
Evolutionism:

Well to burst your bubble.

No be only you she get.

If the other suitors dey ready tomorrow. Sope Otilor.

As my former babe like me reach then, Wey she be wan die for my neck when i told her i wasn't ready. She cried and cried and did all manner of crazy stunts so i could change my decision but i stood my ground.

The year never reach ending when i see her wedding pishuresgrin

no be lie..na so werey ex do then,small Tin she don dey cry say I no love am na why I no wan marry am..e no reach 6 months werey go marry n face book I c am sef grin

6 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Blitzking: 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wetin him dey fund for nan..abi sma gold stand give ur wife money make she buy brown Abi yellow Pap add crayfish mixture and load the baby stomach..onefood wey we dey give those pregnant women those days for phc..dem go dey Well nourished..nothing beats breastfeeding sha.

2 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Error401: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
You can live within your means.
I grew up with locally made diapers with milk and pap. Heaven didnt fall and people still go through this practices. If you can have on child and take care of him the best way you can, within your means, that's fair enough

Jewessgratitud3:
A man has planned to run away from his wife and baby after he was seen pricing baby food and diaper and started sweating inside AC after he discovered the prices.

He called his family members right away blaming them for forcing him to marry, that now he's the one facing the heat and none of them is here to help him out.

Now check out the phone the man is using, not up to 4k. Check out his shirt and trousers.. is that the person you think can afford that kind of food? I'm not trying to degrade him. I'm just trying to say, make sure you can comfortably cater for yourself and one more person before going into marriage. This is exactly what the so many men who abandoned their family passed through before deciding to take to their heels.

Marriage is a beautiful thing. let's stop making it look scary and undesirable with our myopic approach. Do it when the time is right not for public commendation or validation cos when you start facing the heat, non of those people cheering you on will come and help you like the man rightly said.

1 Like

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by psucc(m): 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
Olawade24:

You correct IBB regime, wanted to say ibb don't know why my keyboard type obj. Could have been my luv for obj too plenty.
Phone keyboard na trouble maker. Lolssas

You love Obj but ya keypad love him more

2 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Error401:
You can live within your means.
I grew up with locally made diapers with milk and pap. Heaven didnt fall and people still go through this practices. If you can have on child and take care of him the best way you can, within your means, that's fair enough

So you plan for your children to go through what you went through?
Times have changed and the children we are birthng these days are different from us.

During my own time my dad bought us NAN and it was the big size like the size of big bournvita of old because we are twins. My Mom said he used to buy it every week then at 1.50k. this one no be say Dem tell me, I saw one of the tins of NAN baby food being used for keeping Needles, thread and buttons after I was grown. Me I will give my baby the best o. I no drink pap, why should my baby take pap?

6 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Error401: 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
No matter how hard you try, the fingers can never be equal. I live a good life, I have quite enough to sustain me and my family for now and the future. But not everyone are opportune to have thesame.
Are you saying they shouldn't get married because they are financially down? There are alternatives to these things and things will get better with time. Just one kid is enough in poverty and with handwork, they will scale through.
Jewessgratitud3:

Times have changed and the children we are birthng these days are different from us.

During my own time my dad bought us NAN and it was the big size like the size of big bournvita of old because we are twins. My Mom said he used to buy it every week then at 1.50k. this one no be say Dem tell me, I saw one of the tins of NAN baby food being used for keeping Needles, thread and buttons after I was grown. Me I will give my baby the best o. I no drink pap, why should my baby take pap?

5 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2023
Error401:
No matter how hard you try, the fingers can never be equal. I live a good life, I have quite enough to sustain me and my family for now and the future. But not everyone are opportune to have thesame.
Are you saying they shouldn't get married because they are financially down? There are alternatives to these things and things will get better with time. Just one kid is enough in poverty and with handwork, they will scale through.

Ok.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Tohsynetita1: 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
There's always a way to go about it, diapers no dey when our mother was given birth to, na clothes them they use and they no die. If you don't know how to Economize, you will say, aren't they washable diapers? Aren't there ogi? Guinea corn is a very rich ogi in protein, so what are you telling me. Even this time, things are hard, are the very poor not giving birth and nursing their children very well? It's not until you eat canned food you will be nourished. What are the product of these so canned food? Is it not from raw materials?

4 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Myer(m): 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Well said.
Marriage is for matured people who can handle responsibilities. And most importantly who put God first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
Bliss62:
Is the wife allergic to working?! Or even if she is on merternity leave she doesn't have any savings or income not even business
Did she force him into the marriage and into impregnating her? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by grandstar(m): 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
Is baby formula compulsory sef?

Our grandma's no use am, and yet gave us great parents.

2 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by lexy2014: 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

can you kindly define being able to "comfortably cater for yourself and one more person before going into marriage" in monetary nd material terms

2 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by dododawa1: 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
Life goes on
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by lexy2014: 10:17pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

which part of "live within your means" don't you understand?

what job are u doing?

if you have this your dreams, why should it be the standard by which others should live their lives?

4 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Angelfrost(m): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
I honestly can't pity such Nigerians anymore...!

I can only slightly pity the innocent children who never asked to be born into a life of penury.

Poor people should take child spacing and family planning more seriously. Look at the North already consumed by terrorism.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by GUNITGuy: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
beta go look for that money any how that baby and her mum cant starve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by FreeStuffsNG: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Na akamu come cheap? You know how much a painter of corn is now Plus all the orisirisi you'll add? Nothing comes cheap these days

Diapers nkor?

You think akamu for babies is those plane non nutritious ones they sell around? Their pap is specially prepared. Tom brown quality, very expensive.
Actually, I have seen low-income mothers mix it with honey and give their babies. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Impliment: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
This one is skit. Stagemanaged.

1 Like

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Dexy4yah(m): 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
You see pressure i don't like it at all in my Life.

I can't venture into marriage when am not financially bouyant.

To marry early na him sweet pass don put many men in school of depression

Abeg oo...be financially bouyant before you venture into marriage.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Coly2012(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2023
Everything get level even the baby food, non be most say he must buy sma or other expensive ones. Fine boy dey market,soya beans dey. Marriage and family non too heard na people dey put themselves for problem with their tiny pocket ontop dream life.

2 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by adecz: 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2023
👶👶👶
In Baby Friendly system, you don't need
all this cow milk for your baby..

Don't fall for all these Western
propaganda. All a baby needs is mother's
breast milk. Even oyibo dey do Baby
friendly, but black man loves being
brainwashed by baby food marketing
companies.

Babies fed exclusively with mothers milk
hardly cry, disturb or have stomach
problems.

They grow bigger, stronger and faster. All
a man needs to do is simply feed your
wife very well.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by creolehunt: 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wawelexy:

Do you know if he was the one who exhausted the wife's savings? Forget the internet picture about women, some are very supportive when you show them love, they don't mind giving you their last dime provided you do not pose as a threat to them either by cheating or maltreating them.

So, a woman contributing to her home is conditional?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is This Girl Really 15 Years Old??!?! / Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures) / Wife Calls Husband's Side Chick On The Phone. See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.