Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice (61303 Views)

Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Banana Island In Lagos Is A Billionaire’s Paradise / 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by aestake: 4:56am On Nov 26, 2023
BabaRamota1980:
In Lagos, we don't care how beautiful your mansion is, or how much money you sank into it. All we care about is law of the land. If your structure violates law, we support its demolition.

Infact to top it, the owner of this structure owe government what it cost to dispatch demolition crew and equipments to his house.
Do referendum abegi.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by mightyhaze: 5:52am On Nov 26, 2023
RecentHistory:

Why don't you open your mother's orifice and use as a bin.
just what a product of a love peddler and a demented vagrant will say
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Pascal9: 6:20am On Nov 26, 2023
highchief1:
so the best punishment for disobeying the law is wasting?Its alright.
It's just concrete and cement that is causing a lot of problems for the greater population, blocking canal and causing flooding, should it be spared because it's beautiful, it's beautiful today but the beauty won't last because new designs will come tomorrow.remove emotions and sentiments
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by ifeoluwapo25977: 6:49am On Nov 26, 2023
So houses built on drainages and without approvals shouldn't be demolished because they are beautiful?So houses built on drainages and without approvals shouldn't be demolished because they are beautiful?...

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Southwestidiot: 7:31am On Nov 26, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
How did someone build such a massive structure without doing due investigation and verification?

If verifications were done and owner has legitimate papers to back up case, then owner needs to sue the Lagos state government.

The Omo-onile that sold those lands would have absconded now.
Omo the state actors and omonile are together, take it from me I was a victim of this same well produce Hollywood standard kind of movie
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by shonepa(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2023
The truth is out there, but these people choose not to follow. Reminder for all of una wey dey build ous or wey won build ous under powerlines for lagos, no cry foul play when governmnent come for una houses.

I know people wey dey build ouses where dem no suppose build, na to bribe govt officials make dem no cast the ous. Collect rent for 5 to 6 years....make their money + profit sharperly, cum look for one mumu sell the ous to.

I no know the story of this particular ous, but e fit be the same logic them use for the buyer.

People wild gaan.

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by KillahPriest: 8:53am On Nov 26, 2023
Igbos should leave Lagos NOW

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by erico2k2(m): 9:41am On Nov 26, 2023
shonepa:
The truth is out there, but these people choose not to follow. Reminder for all of una wey dey build ous or wey won build ous under powerlines for lagos, no cry foul play when governmnent come for una houses.

I know people wey dey build ouses where dem no suppose build, na to bribe govt officials make dem no cast the ous. Collect rent for 5 to 6 years....make their money + profit sharperly, cum look for one mumu sell the ous to.

I no know the story of this particular ous, but e fit be the same logic them use for the buyer.

People wild gaan.
You can no longer collect rent and make profit from renting these kind of renting..howmanay years can you collect rent to break even??
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Pacyrus(m): 9:47am On Nov 26, 2023
Sanwo Olu and Fashola are evil 😈.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by codemaniacs: 10:32am On Nov 26, 2023
delpee:

Deportation to where when they're Nigerians?

Demolished buildings belonged to people from different parts of Nigeria including Yorubas. It's certainly not an attack on Igbos. It's all about sanitising the environment and stopping impunity. The flooding we experience often stems from issues arising from unplanned development.

There is no ethnicity known as "Nigerian" so in reality there's nothing like Nigerians.

Nigeria is just a location on a map created by eu:ropeans , it is not the ethnicity of anybody.

A person can be deported to their state of origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by blaise26abj(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2023
hammerFC:

THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE WRITING, MAYBE BECAUSE YOU DID NOT BUILD PROPERTIES.

SOMEDAY, YOU WILL HAVE MONEY TO BUILD AND DEM GO DEMOLISH AM FOR POLITICAL REASON, AND THEY WILL TELL YOU DUE DILIGENCE.

IDOT!

No need to insult me . I have built several properties . It is what I do . And I am telling you that you can do the needful to avoid stories that touch. Let me give you two examples. Some years back I wanted to acquire land once and in all my search , my lawyer with a specialty in properties told me there were problems with the lands I really liked . I spent about 300k on that before I eventually got the right one .
Example 2: a client who usually consult me went to buy a land that someone did a shody check for him . Paid tens of millions and millions to start work . Then problem started and he lost the land .

It is not about sentiments . It is about doing the right things . If you don’t know , pay reputable professionals to do it . Even politicians know when you have solid proof . Never give them something to use against you . Have the right documents . Shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by femi4: 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
How did someone build such a massive structure without doing due investigation and verification?

If verifications were done and owner has legitimate papers to back up case, then owner needs to sue the Lagos state government.

The Omo-onile that sold those lands would have absconded now.
That's why education isn't a scam. Don't get carried away by what majority is doing, they might be in the wrong
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by olubajo177: 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2023
So houses built on drainages and without approvals shouldn't be demolished because they are beautiful?So houses built on drainages and without approvals shouldn't be demolished because they are beautiful?...
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by jojothaiv(m): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
huptin:
Danger of a single story...i wont be quick to judge until all details are out there.

Its not about beauty really, it is about safety, particularly of the environment
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by geokay777(m): 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2023
bigwig071:
just 48hours? And that's okay to you? To go and rent an apartment without 48hrs? Why is yorubas hate igbos so much?
It's not a matter of hatred my brother, lemme enlighten you a bit, there's a Lagos state master plan of all drainage & canal route & alignment in existence before the present administration of Sanwoolu that the new commissioner for Environment is following to the later now.
Before the 48hrs Demolition notice is served, there's a contravention notice that would have been served to owners of building or structures erected on the aforementioned route /alignment months before the final Demolition notice. So it's not an overnight thing or a matter of Hatred,,,, it's getting the right thing done!
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Folksbaets: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2023
I wonder how and why GOD create miscreants called Igbo people in the first place. Is everything about tribe to u people?
hammerFC:
DEMOLISHING IGBO PEOPLE HOUSES IN LAGOS, THAT THEY HAVE LITTERED IN THEIR VILLAGES WILL NOT IMPOVERISH THEM.

FOR ANY IGBO MAN TO BUILD HOUSE IN LAGOS, HE HAS FIRST BUILT SIMILAR STRUCTURE OR BETTER IN HIS VILLAGE.

THE QUESTION THAT SHOULD BE IN THE MIND OF YORUBA PEOPLE IS, WHAT WILL BE THE CONSEQUENCES OF DESTROYING THE HOMES OF PEOPLE THAT BUILT AND DEVELOP LAGOS.

TINUBU MAY BE DESTROYING THEIR PROPERTIES AND EXPECTING ONE NIGERIA TO CONTINUE FOREVER OR PERHAPS TO LIVE FOREVER, BUT THAT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY AND PURE FANTASY BECAUSE TINUBU WILL NOT LIVE FOREVER AND THIS NIGERIA AS IT IS WILL ALSO NOT BE FOREVER.

U DESTROY THE HOUSES, WAR START, ALL OTHER STRUCTURES IN LAGOS DESTROYED AND NIGERIA DIVIDED, WILL TINUBU FAMILY MONEY THEN ERECT ALL THE STRUCTURES WE ALL CAME TOGETHER TO BUILD?

THIS IS JUST ONE SCENARIO AS WE CANNOT SEE THE FUTURE, BUT AGREE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

WE HEAR HE ALSO WANT TO EXTEND HIS HATE TO ABUJA AND DESTROY IGBO PEOPLE PROPERTIES.

THAT MAN IS DIGGING HIS GRAVE AND ONCE ALL THIS RICH AND WEALTHY PEOPLE UNITE WITH BIAFRA FORCES, IT IS ALL OVER FOR NIGERIA.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IGBO PROPERTY OWNERS IN LAGOS ARE THE ONLY SET BACK TO THE BIAFRA MOVING TRAIN. THEY ARE NORMALLY ONE NIGERIA SUPPORTERS.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Robchuks77(m): 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2023
RecentHistory:
Igbos are actually very foolish.

Let me tell you something. In Lagos, you take a SS or Yoruba or Northerner to a land, he will call a Surveyor to come chart it. Then, he will go to Surveyor General to check again if the land is truly free. Thereafter, he will call lawyer to do Deed. All these before paying. An Igbo man will see this and call the Yoruba person a coward.

An Igbo man will just pay cash. Even if you tell him the land is under government acquisition, he won't worry. He will tell you that shebi it is money they will collect.

This particular place, it is Omonile that scammed land buyers. They took government to court and lost. But they won't tell you, they prefer to cry victimization.

You are just more foolish....imagne the amount of hate imbedd in your soul
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Robchuks77(m): 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
[quote author=Fearyourcreator post=127165648]
Always believing they are smart but very stupid [/quote

As stupid as ur ancestors....child of hate
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Fearyourcreator: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
[quote author=Robchuks77 post=127176926][/quote]
My ancestors are igbos ... very useless people... all tribes no like una... even outside the country... una behavior no good ... very idiotic people

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Swiftgrp: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2023
camcor:
People need to be guided. FHA ( Federal Housing Authority) is in charge of FESTAC Town and FESTAC Extension, if due diligence was carried out by the buyer of landed property they would have being informed of impending danger. As a Surveyor, I worked for some of our Igbo brothers and advice them appropriately. Some listened and some believed with money nothing can happen. Please and please, this has nothing to do with Lagos State Government rather, a non challant attitude and "Nigeria factor".
@camcor,
Indeed. You have largely spoken well.

But to be honest, I've never seen a more overbearing, boastful and dishonest group of people before. These guys have continuously offended a major Nigerian and Southern ethnic group that is more than 50 million strong worldwide and it's time to deal with this nuisance behavior once and for all.

Please stop refering to Ibos as "our brothers"... These are the people who have sworn to damage the image of Yoruba folks for years now. Peddling fake history and telling PSYCHOTIC lies, insults, and taunts that the iconic Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, drank rat poison to commit suicide after plotting a fake coup against IBB. when we know full well that NOTHING like that took place because Chief Awolowo passed on peacefully in 1987 and got a heroic burial with eulogies from IBB, and those of us who were alive in 1987 can testify to that! I have documented evidence of all these online and offline attacks on Yorubas and other ethnicities going back to the late 1990s and 2000s all because of the Nigerian Civil War of July 1967 to January 1970[exactly 30 months OR 2 years 6 months], so folks like you have to be on guard and avoid being politically correct.

First off, that land at Abule Ado near Festac belongs to the Federal Housing Authority that oversees FESTAC Town and they are blaming Lagos State and Yoruba folks for the demolitions of houses that have been marked for demolition years ago due to an illegal encroachment on the land. Such an asinine behavior from these trolls. Even after explaining to the idiots among the Ibos, they continue to deliberately try to guilt-trip folks of Yoruba ancestry. The Ibos for long have launched massive hate speech and defamation of character against folks of Yoruba descent for decades and attacks started online since the 1990s. So what is going on is part of the campaign of dishonest calumny and the earlier the Inteligence agencies like the DSS moved in to arrest and prosecute the ethnic bigots among the Ibos who deliberately manufacture fake news copied from the ipob propaganda websites and reposted by these dimwits on NL and Twitter, the better.

Houses Burnt, Vehicles Damaged As Explosion Rocks Abule Ado In Amuwo Odofin
=>https://www.channelstv.com/2020/03/21/abule-ado-explosion-shocked-they-cant-believe-it-wasnt-a-bomb/

FHA demolition: Tears, grief as Abule Ado landlords count losses
=>https://punchng.com/fha-demolition-tears-grief-as-abule-ado-landlords-count-losses/

Last but NOT least, I will blame the past governments in Nigeria from the PDP to the APC for allowing the insidious and ethnically bigoted elements among the Ibos to continue to spread toxicity online by cyberbullying and defaming people of various ethnicities on all their propaganda websites. If not because Yoruba folks are over 50 million worldwide and have a huge population online to try to counter these viral fake news and this NL false thread title, they would have ran Yorubas under the speeding train like they have done to practically all other relatively smaller ethnicities in Nigeria.

More Evidence of the NNPC Gas Pipeline Explosion at Abule-Ado On March 15th, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nin97yHucMg
TVC News Nigeria · 16 Mar 2020

=>https://www.channelstv.com/2020/03/21/abule-ado-explosion-shocked-they-cant-believe-it-wasnt-a-bomb/

=> https://www.nairaland.com/5736437/pipeline-explosion-abule-ado-amuwo
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by GreatOchuks: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2023
bigiyaro:
God will not punish anybody. Fools and thier money are often quickly separated, let's learn to do things properly in this country. If it were in China, the landlord will pay for the demolition and still go to jail for illegally buying land, that is after the [/b]omoniles and currupt govt officials have hanged.[b] No dey do things anyhow.
🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😂😂😂
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by GreatOchuks: 12:16am On Nov 27, 2023
bigwig071:
then admit that it they targets on some igbos houses and never forget the igbos markets also... the hatred is real understand

Heeeennnn, Yorubas hate you , ok ,,, can you then pack your Millions and Billions, then return to your Igbo land and establish your business empires there .

Must you remain in a Land where according to you , you are hated ?

If person say no stay with me , you sef go live for your own abode , which kind cry babies be this , Na wao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2023
GreatOchuks:

Heeeennnn, Yorubas hate you , ok ,,, can you then pack your Millions and Billions, then return to your Igbo land and establish your business empires there .

Must you remain in a Land where according to you , you are hated ?

If person say no stay with me , you sef go live for your own abode , which kind cry babies be this , Na wao
that means s nothing like one Nigeria then
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by GreatOchuks: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2023
bigwig071:
that means s nothing like one Nigeria then

Yes , there's nothing like one Nigeria, get it ?

Now pack your bags and baggages , leave their South West and Lagos for them , carry your billions to South East , establish and build your Empire where no one can chastise you whatsoever or persecute you ..

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by shonepa(m): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2023
Anyhow wey u take see the economy, people still dey buy cars worth of N400m, buy ous of N1.5b, no be all of em really dey exposed to dey find out how building take be, so far its in a good location and the ous fine.

U go suprise the amount wey some people they pay for rent. U go dey ask ur self na juju d landlord dey use?

Nigeria no normal, we defy logic most times, thats the reason "Life no balance" na perfect example of Nigeria...lol

erico2k2:

You can no longer collect rent and make profit from renting these kind of renting..howmanay years can you collect rent to break even??
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Robchuks77(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

My ancestors are igbos ... very useless people... all tribes no like una... even outside the country... una behavior no good ... very idiotic people
Cry me a river baby....

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Fearyourcreator: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Robchuks77:

Cry me a river baby....
Una news say una carry drugs go soon drop soon
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
GreatOchuks:

Yes , there's nothing like one Nigeria, get it ?

Now pack your bags and baggages , leave their South West and Lagos for them , carry your billions to South East , establish and build your Empire where no one can chastise you whatsoever or persecute you ..
noticed you go soon cry when them leave... it's possible for me to enter south west for any reason you poor fool. Apart from Lagos is their Yoruba Land human beings can stay for reason?
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by GreatOchuks: 2:32am On Nov 28, 2023
bigwig071:
noticed you go soon cry when them leave... it's possible for me to enter south west for any reason you poor fool. Apart from Lagos is their Yoruba Land human beings can stay for reason?
What is this one writing, another product of Baby factory High school, I almost popped a nerve trying to digest this your grammar but couldn't....

Now I know that y'all will continue to cry blood since y'all prefer Ragos to your Erosion Sad East.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) / Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) / A Clay House With Two Air-Conditions In Benin Spotted By A Nairalander (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.