Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,969 members, 7,828,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice (61282 Views)

Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Banana Island In Lagos Is A Billionaire’s Paradise / 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
geokay777:
Also the story making rounds that he was just given 2hrs notice before demolition is a blatant lie, the notice being served by the ministry of Environment and water resources of Lagos state have minimum of 48 hours for occupants to vacate their building before demolishing them.
just 48hours? And that's okay to you? To go and rent an apartment without 48hrs? Why is yorubas hate igbos so much?
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigwig071:
stop thinking like that because na yorubas that sold the land to them what do you have to say about that? Na didn't the so called government didn't stop them from building on their so called land and also why didn't your so called Lagos government didn't give them notice before the demolition

If the government stopped them, you would have asked they why is government stopping Igbos from building. Remember that this land had court case but those foolish enough to buy didn't check before building.

Since you think you have the monopoly of madness, you will see that where your own madness stops is where another person's own begins.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigwig071:
just 48hours? And that's okay to you? To go and rent an apartment without 48hrs? Why did yorubas hate igbos so much?
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigwig071:
call evil evil no matter anything

Go and tell that to Soludo demolishing houses in Anambra but generational cowardice and hypocrisy didn't allow you open your mouth.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by PAQ(m): 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
Pan taker go full this weekend.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2023
RecentHistory:

If the government stopped them, you would have asked they why is government stopping Igbos from building. Remember that this land had court case but those foolish enough to buy didn't check before building.

Since you think you have the monopoly of madness, you will see that where your own madness stops is where another person's own begins.
that means to deceive and hatred runs in every yorubas blood
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by gaskiyamagana: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
hybrid77:
This is disheartening.
ONLY TO THE OBIDIENTS.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
SINCE TINUBU ENTER OFFICE, ALL HE HAS BEEN DOING IS DEMOLISH PEOPLE HOUSES AND BUSINESS AND THIS WILL EVEN GET WORST IN 2024.

WE TOLD THEM JOHN 10-10; THE DEVIL HAS COME TO STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; (John 10:10).

IT IS HAPPENING LIVE, EXACTLY AS IT WAS WRITTEN.

ALL TINUBU HAVE DONE IS ATTACK PEOPLE THAT HE FEEL DID NOT VOTE HIM AND START DEMOLSIHING THEIR PROPERTIES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPbqP0KXQyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ57joIXN-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C42g5Tv_XA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II-BC7qmG5o
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigiyaro(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
hammerFC:

NO, U ARE EVIL AND CORRUPT.

IT IS NOW ON SATANIC LEVEL.

THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF BLOOD DRINKING.

PEOPLE LABOUR TO BUILD BECAUSE OF CORRUPT LOOTERS THAT STEAL MONEY THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BUILD INFASTRUCUTRE, EVEN COMMON ROAD NOT TO MENTION EQUIPPED HOSPITAL AND HOUSING.

U DEMOLISH IT AND TALKING NONSENSE?

GOD WILL SURELY PUNISH YOU.
God will not punish anybody. Fools and thier money are often quickly separated, let's learn to do things properly in this country. If it were in China, the landlord will pay for the demolition and still go to jail for illegally buying land, that is after the omoniles and currupt govt officials have hanged. No dey do things anyhow.

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2023
RecentHistory:

Go and tell that to Soludo demolishing houses in Anambra but generational cowardice and hypocrisy didn't allow you open your mouth.
how long did solodo gave them before demolishing...
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by highchief1: 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2023
Pascal9:
because in western world every body obey the law
so the best punishment for disobeying the law is wasting?Its alright.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigiyaro:
God will not punish anybody. Fools and thier money are often quickly separated, let's learn to do things properly in this country. If it were in China, the landlord will pay for the demolition and still go to jail for illegally buying land, that is after the omoniles and currupt govt officials have hanged. No dey do things anyhow.

ANY WRONGER DOER, GOD WILL PUNISH THEM AND THEIR DESCENDANTS TO THE THIRD AND FOURTH GENERATION.

THE KIND OF THINGS I HEAR AND SEE IN NIGERIA, IS NOT DONE OR SEEN IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD.

IT IS ALMOST LIKE SATAN DWELL IN YOUR BLACK HEARTS.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
oga don’t get me angry

U wrote that can any Yoruba man get mind to build good house?

U people just chest beat annoyingly, no wonder u are being dealt with

U make mouth too much
then admit that it they targets on some igbos houses and never forget the igbos markets also... the hatred is real understand
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by aestake: 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
How did someone build such a massive structure without doing due investigation and verification?

If verifications were done and owner has legitimate papers to back up case, then owner needs to sue the Lagos state government.

The Omo-onile that sold those lands would have absconded now.
Sue to which Court? Una never know say na revolution be the way.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Deepspirituals: 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2023
viyon02:
I guess I have seen this building in one of our local movie, Oga ooooo where will kanayo kanayo use for his ritual movie?
. A Typical word from Toddler
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by aylipple: 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2023
This is very very unfortunate & nerve wrecking. However, Lagos will never be a "shadow of itself" because of this & other demolitions currently ongoing & probably not stopping anytime soon.

For every one person who gets angry over this demolition & decides to carry their investment out of Lagos, there are already 3-4 others waiting in line to bring in their own investments, so, no Sir: the indices (by all standards) don't point to a slump in Lagos' fortunes rather, it's stock will only continue to go higher by the day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Goodnewsforlife: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigwig071:
then admit that it they targets on some igbos houses and never forget the igbos markets also... the hatred is real understand
so only igbos build good houses?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Focusmind: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
All these Alaba and ojo markets importers can spend. I always pity them as they hardly do due diligence on issues. They control so much money and likes to live close to their business, which is in order. Even if you give me free plot within those Abule odo, ojo, trade fair, satellite, akowonjo, and other areas extending down to seme border, I no go take. Those areas are totally disorganised and polluted. I pity the home owners......from being a landlord to a tenant. The stress, heartache and the blood pressure induced by this kind of action by LASG is unmatched.

2 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by 123yes(m): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
huptin:
Danger of a single story...i wont be quick to judge until all details are out there.

Its not about beauty really, it is about safety, particularly of the environment
safe what? Please pity your fellow human being. One day definitely your own turn will come. If all these is not witch-hunt why did the governor not demolish these buildings in his first term because he knows he won't ask for vote from these same people that voted him in. Anyway there is God ooooooh...
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigwig071:
that means to deceive and hatred runs in every yorubas blood

That means foolishness and inferiority complex runs in your blood.

3 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by abysirius(m): 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jerk1:
Seriously, I was sad after watching it. Time shall tell because what am seeing before 2027 will be a birth of a new nation.
yummy for you. Nothing will happen. No be by force to stay in other people's stay. It is either you stay and obey their law or you relocate to your state and do as you wish.

4 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by ZooOga: 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2023
The info in the op lacks vital information. Where are the bulldozers and knock down equipment?
Don't be gullible with online clout chasers.

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2023
aestake:

Sue to which Court? Una never know say na revolution be the way.

Which revolution? Better start it from your wretched place where they tie your mothers every Monday.
Remember that fool who calls himself Eze Ndigbo is already languishing in jail. You may not be lucky enough to join him in jail. Y

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Khyrvxjzy: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2023
VaselineCrew:

Source: Tobi Akinbo J.

ipob must go

2 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Khyrvxjzy: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jerk1:
Seriously, I was sad after watching it. Time shall tell because what am seeing before 2027 will be a birth of a new nation.

you only see killings of ipob

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by erico2k2(m): 5:41pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigiyaro:
Most scams succeed cos of lack of due diligence. If Lagos state government sold land to you and later change thier minds, don't you think they will compensate you? I don't think there will be any problem if anybody legit followed due process in buying government land and paying directly into govt coffers. May this landlord was busy and gave money to someone in government office to 'run nam'
No disrespect intended how old are you?
So you seriously think someone who built a house worth more than N100m will go and pay touts or seem too busy to matters of such importance?I can bet you my left knut,the building and approved plan is sitting in the ministry or town planning office and he must have an Approval plan that can be verified,if not how do you think they allowed him to complete the building. The approval plan of my own house cost me nearly N700k with all diagrams, however my next door settled up to N400k and they still come to stop work that was when he decided to go direct. What I'm trying to say here is simple, it does not cost a arm and leg to get your building plan approved, also to lodge your survey plan.
Another angle to look at it is the unscrupulous govt officials who approve these Plans and when checks are done they turn around and throw you under the Bus, this is the fraud Im trying to put out in the public domain.so what the way 4ward??
My take once these kind of houses are found, the building approval number must be sort after and they should locate who signed and approved the Building, he should be arrested and prosecuted in the 1st place.as it was govt who failed in the 1st place, however where there was no approved building plan which I so doubt knowing what I know, the risk is on the land lord.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by flokii: 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2023
This will teach people lesson never to buy lands and build without proper due dilligence and secure documents.

The Igbos on nairaland have been boasting of buying up Lagos and making Yorubas their tenants, which we have been warning them about.. Those that have stayed long enough on Nairaland can testify.
The day of reckoning has come and all their so called mansions are now being demolished. You can have money and not have sense.

You can't dictate to government what to do and what not to do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by delpee(f): 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
Ibos should choose between deportation or demolition in Lagos

Deportation to where when they're Nigerians?

Demolished buildings belonged to people from different parts of Nigeria including Yorubas. It's certainly not an attack on Igbos. It's all about sanitising the environment and stopping impunity. The flooding we experience often stems from issues arising from unplanned development.

2 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
highchief1:
so the best punishment for disobeying the law is wasting?Its alright.

Yes! If you build against codes and restrictions anywhere in the world, the structure would be demolished!
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Godfather898989: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
VaselineCrew:

Source: Tobi Akinbo J.
Are you aware that Gov. Soludo is demolishing illegical structures in Anambra just as is done here in Lagos? In Anambra is attack on Hausas,yorubas etc abi?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2023
delpee:

Deportation to where when they're Nigerians Beerfraud ?

Demolished buildings belonged to people from different parts of Nigeria including Yorubas. It's certainly not an attack on Igbos. It's all about sanitising the environment and stopping impunity. The flooding we experience often stems from issues arising from unplanned development.
fixed

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Judolisco(m): 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2023
optionalY09:
build in the wrong place without appropriate documentations.

I blame the government for letting people build in the wrong place and latter come back to demolish a completed build. People should apply for permits before any kind of construction work. Who gave the permission to build that structure in the first place
on a serious note who gave d approval... Because I knw in lagos once you put a block down without approval , you'll see local government people immediately...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) / Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) / A Clay House With Two Air-Conditions In Benin Spotted By A Nairalander (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.