Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,018 members, 7,828,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice (61283 Views)

Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Banana Island In Lagos Is A Billionaire’s Paradise / 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by NaijaNaWaa: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hmm
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
hammerFC:
ONCE THEY BUILD HOUSE AND HAVE THE DOCUMENTS.

PLEASE LEAVE THEIR HOUSE ALONE.

GO AND SETTLE YOUR CORRUPTION AMONGST YOURSELVES IN VARIOUS GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS.

Go and tell that to Soludo demolishing houses in Anambra, you foolish pig.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
RecentHistory:

Well, there's no price too much to pay for peace of mind. You are a smart person to check before building.

For my person, I wont mind spending 1 million naira if I have to invest millions on a property. Its better than losing it all.

2 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
RepoMan007:
Demolishing mansions is more important than ridding the streets of Lagos of louts who rape, attack and steal from office workers and hustlers. Those louts can help put politicians back in office unlike reasonable voters trying to exercise their right.

LAGOS IS A GLORIFIED SLUM.

IF I HAVE MY WAY, AS TINUBU STARTED, OTHERS SHOULD HELP HIM TO DEMOLISH AREAS BUILT WITH NIGERIA MONEY, UKRAINE STYL;E.

NOBODY SHOULD GO THEIR THE SLUMS, JUST AREAS BUILT WITH OUR COLLECTIVE WEALTH.

THEREAFTER, THEY SHOULD DIVIDE THE COUNTRY AND HAND LAGOS TO TINUBU AS HIS PERSONAL ESTATE, JUST THE DEMOLISHED LAND.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Kohiw: 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

There are reports that the current demolition was actually done by the Federal Housing Authority. The land belongs to them, but Omo oniles sold the lands to dummies.

Just like OBJ demolished houses built on his lands in the Ojodi area around 2001 when Omo oniles sold those lands thinking baba would die in Abacha's Gulag.
Food for thought cool

3 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by highchief1: 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
VaselineCrew:

Source: Tobi Akinbo J.
another name for Nigeria is waste.why demolish when u can evict the owner if he build illegally on govt space.how many times have u seen demolishing in western worlds?ppl are homeless and u are demolishing.sensless to me
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
RecentHistory:

Go and tell that to Soludo demolishing houses in Anambra, you foolish pig.

IF YOU CORRUPTLY ISSUED DOCUMENT, JUST AS INEC DECLARE TINUBU WINNER AND SUPREME COURT APPROVE, THEN YOU SHOULD LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES JUST AS NIGERIANS ARE FORCED TO LIVE WITH TINUBU AS THEIR PRESIDENT, WHICH THEY NEVER VOTED.

DEEP DOWN IN YOUR HEART, YOU KNOW THE RIGHT THING.

IF YOU BUILD A PROPERTY AND GOT DOCUMENTS, NOBODY SHOULD DEMOLISH IT CITING CORRUPT STAFF.

THAT WAN NO CONSEIGN YOU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Juniorangel(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
They should have been given up to 2 wks to evacuate... 2 days is too small naa.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Paramount01(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jerk1:
Seriously, I was sad after watching it. Time shall tell because what am seeing before 2027 will be a birth of a new nation.
If indeed is blocking drainage, I can only say sorry," lost property can't be compare to a single life",let govt do the needful

4 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
FHA is a federal agency, so I'm not sure what this has to do with "Lagos". I've seen many properties in Festac that clearly contravene Festac's masterplan and always known it's a matter of time before the government demolishes them.

2 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Goodnewsforlife: 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
VaselineCrew:

so that a building is fine means it must b built with solid materials right?

There are many fine buildings that collapsed cos they were built with substandard materials

Get that n understand that no b everything b tribal attack

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by aloziedaya(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
Continue developing Lagos, at last you will know what Aku ruo ulo means. My Igbo brothers are stupid and greedy. Ask them they will tell you that Lagos appreciates faster than the east.
How many yorubas and hausas are building even bungalows in the east?

Sorry for the loss but learn your lesson

3 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by DWJOBScom(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
How did someone build such a massive structure without doing due investigation and verification?

If verifications were done and owner has legitimate papers to back up case, then owner needs to sue the Lagos state government.

The Omo-onile that sold those lands would have absconded now.
Sometimes it's not the omo nile
It's a cocky loud mouthed lawyer forming knows everyone in Government and nothing can happen.
People are never knowledgeable on documents required before getting a property in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Paramount01(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
optionalY09:
build in the wrong place without appropriate documentations.

I blame the government for letting people build in the wrong place and latter come back to demolish a completed build. People should apply for permits before any kind of construction work. Who gave the permission to build that structure in the first place

There is alwys alwys a permit but people dont just ask
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
Obi1kenobi:
FHA is a federal agency, so I'm not sure what this has to do with "Lagos". I've seen many properties in Festac that clearly contravene Festac's masterplan and always known it's a matter of time before the government demolishes them.

TINUBU HAVE MOVE TO ABUJA WITH HATE.

HE IS USING FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO DEMOLISH PROPERITIES ON LAND SOLD BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN AREAS LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT HAVE BNO SAY BECAUSE IT WAS DEVELOPED WITH NIGERIA OIL WEALTH BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WHEN LAGOS WAS CAPITAL OF NIGERIA.

HE ALSO WANT TO DEMOLISH IGBO PEOPLE PROPERTIES IN ABUJA.

HE MUST NOT KNOW THAT ARMS ARE WELL DISTRIBUTED IN TODAY'S NIGERIA AND SOON WE WILL JOIN THE DEMOLITON.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigiyaro(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
fastseo:

Which one is lawyer? The land I bought and it was through a lawyer... What leta came out?

Let me tell you... There are some land u will buy and after carrying out investigation u find out that is legitimate only a new government will come and say no
it's like na charge and bail lawyer you use. Correct lawyer will guide you on all the documents you need and where to get them and how to check the land for any encumbrance attached to it. If new government wants to use the land for something else, it will compensate the legitimate owners.

2 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
VaselineCrew:

This is why the real Estate Biz in Lagos has now come to some sort of Holt, people are being duped into building in areas designated as owned by Govt. The same govt official will legalize the Docs and sign it on for onward construction only to turn around and seek demolition after initially collecting bribe money from same poor landlord.

3 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Goodnewsforlife: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
hammerFC:
DEMOLISHING IGBO PEOPLE HOUSES IN LAGOS, THAT THEY HAVE LITTERED IN THEIR VILLAGES WILL NOT IMPOVERISH THEM.

FOR ANY IGBO MAN TO BUILD HOUSE IN LAGOS, HE HAS FIRST BUILT SIMILAR STRUCTURE OR BETTER IN HIS VILLAGE.

THE QUESTION THAT SHOULD BE IN THE MIND OF YORUBA PEOPLE IS, WHAT WILL BE THE CONSEQUENCES OF DESTROYING THE HOMES OF PEOPLE THAT BUILT AND DEVELOP LAGOS.

TINUBU MAY BE DESTROYING THEIR PROPERTIES AND EXPECTING ONE NIGERIA TO CONTINUE FOREVER OR PERHAPS TO LIVE FOREVER, BUT THAT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY AND PURE FANTASY BECAUSE TINUBU WILL NOT LIVE FOREVER AND THIS NIGERIA AS IT IS WILL ALSO NOT BE FOREVER.

U DESTROY THE HOUSES, WAR START, ALL OTHER STRUCTURES IN LAGOS DESTROYED AND NIGERIA DIVIDED, WILL TINUBU FAMILY MONEY THEN ERECT ALL THE STRUCTURES WE ALL CAME TOGETHER TO BUILD?

THIS IS JUST ONE SCENARIO AS WE CANNOT SEE THE FUTURE, BUT AGREE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

WE HEAR HE ALSO WANT TO EXTEND HIS HATE TO ABUJA AND DESTROY IGBO PEOPLE PROPERTIES.

THAT MAN IS DIGGING HIS GRAVE AND ONCE ALL THIS RICH AND WEALTHY PEOPLE UNITE WITH BIAFRA FORCES, IT IS ALL OVER FOR NIGERIA.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IGBO PROPERTY OWNERS IN LAGOS ARE THE ONLY SET BACK TO THE BIAFRA MOVING TRAIN. THEY ARE NORMALLY ONE NIGERIA SUPPORTERS.
bro this is chest beating at its peak

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigiyaro:
it's like na charge and bail lawyer you use. Correct lawyer will guide you on all the documents you need and where to get them and how to check the land for any encumbrance attached to it. If new government wants to use the land for something else, it will compensate the legitimate owners.

IF U ARE NOT FOLLOWING LET ME BRIEF YOU.

NO LAWYER CAN SAVE YOU FROM DEMOLITION.

THEY ARE CLAINING THE DOCUMENTS WERE ISSUED BY CORRUPT GOVERNMENT STAFF.

SO BECAUSE OF THAT, MY MONEY SHOULD GO TO WASTE WHILST YOU ALSO WASTE MONEY TO DEMOLISH A FINE STRUCTURE, WITH SO MANY SLUMS ALL AROUND LAGOS.

DO U GET IT NOW?
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
highchief1:
another name for Nigeria is waste.why demolish when u can evict the owner if he build illegally on govt space.how many times have u seen demolishing in western worlds?ppl are homeless and u are demolishing.sensless to me

So if it is built on drainages, or pipelines, or obstructs right of way for construction of roads, transmission lines, or other public infrastructure, you should just "evict the owner" and leave the illegal house?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by DWJOBScom(m): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

There are reports that the current demolition was actually done by the Federal Housing Authority. The land belongs to them, but Omo oniles sold the lands to dummies.

Just like OBJ demolished houses built on his lands in the Ojodi area around 2001 when Omo oniles sold those lands thinking baba would die in Abacha's Gulag.

This is very true
Sometimes it's a stupid lawyer forming knows everyone in Government.
I met one 2 years and was not comfortable with the due at all
He couldn't answer a single questions right but kept promising to get all the documents after payment

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Timmi: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
VaselineCrew:

Why are you lying. The notice of demolition was given over 2-years ago, some even during construction but just like anything, these people from the land of rising wailers always look for ways to break the law. They think they can bribe their way as it was done in their enclave.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
bro this is chest beating at its peak

THAT IS WHAT THEY NORMALLY CALL IT.

BUT EVERYTHING I WROTE THEIR IS A FACT AND THAT IS WHY YOU QUOTED IT.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
DWJOBScom:

Sometimes it's not the omo nile
It's a cocky loud mouthed lawyer forming knows everyone in Government and nothing can happen.
People are never knowledgeable on documents required before getting a property in Lagos

I agree with you to great extent, but no lawyer will tell me "Nothing will happen" when millions is about to go down. Except one didn't work for the money.

2 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Goodnewsforlife: 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2023
hammerFC:

IT DOESNT MATTER.

LAGOS IS A GLORIFIED SLUM.

LEKKI IS A SHIT HOLE.

EKO ATLANTIC WILL BE FLOODED AND SINK.

ONE MOVE BY IGBO PEOPLE WILL CUT LAGOS DOWN TO SIZE AND THAT THIRD ECONOMY CLAIM WILL EVAPORATE.

THE MINUTE NIGERIA ENDS, LAGOS DIES, ALL OIL COMPANIES HEADQUATERES THERE AS OF PRESENT WILL LEAVE.

IGBO CARGO HELD IN LAGOS PORT WILL RELOCATE TO RIVERS STATE AND OTHER SS WILL BUILD SEAPORT.

MANY PEOPLE WILL THEN RELOCATE TO THEIR LOCALITY AND VILLAGES AND DEVELOP THEM MORE.

WHAT IS LAGOS THEN?

FIRST TO DO E NO THEY PAIN BUT DONT FINISH DOING AND START BEGGING, WHEN IT WILL BE OUR TURN AND SOON IT WILL BE OUR TURN, VERY SOON, WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH.
but soludo demolished houses in d east too

Who was he fighting then?

5 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by erico2k2(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigiyaro:
Why are you talking like this? you think someone who spent over N150m can afford N1m to do due diligence? the fact is this Govt official 2gether with omoonile are duping people into buying these lands and later turn around and throw them under the bus. There is a serious case of fraud ongoing here and no one is doing anything about it.Lagos state has one of if not the most robust team when it comes to building and planning approval, every stone you put on your building they are there monitoring.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Basic123: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Everything to you lots is about tribalism!

Was it only houses of Igbo`s that were destroyed! Did they exempt some houses in their demolition path!

The victim mentality is getting out of hands!

Doesn't the government demolish houses in the East? Are they also anti-Igbo?

Instead of focusing on root cause of demolition, you here talking about tribalism!

They know its a LIE....the propaganda is actually targeted at illiterates ,mumu,gate men and gullibles among them.
I was surprise to hear an Igbo nurse telling me at my place of work that Tinubu son is selling drugs at Gwarinpa Abuja...I asked her what was her source she said one woman posted it on their WhatsApp group.

Messages like this are targeted at gullible hate filled mumu among them to further spread hate for political gain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by DWJOBScom(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

I agree with you to great extent, but no lawyer will tell me "Nothing will happen" when millions is about to go down. Except one didn't work for the money.

Wisdom lives in your house my friend but wait till you meet this one that won't stop talking and making calls
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigman001(m): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2023
hammerFC:
DEMOLISHING IGBO PEOPLE HOUSES IN LAGOS, THAT THEY HAVE LITTERED IN THEIR VILLAGES WILL NOT IMPOVERISH THEM.

FOR ANY IGBO MAN TO BUILD HOUSE IN LAGOS, HE HAS FIRST BUILT SIMILAR STRUCTURE OR BETTER IN HIS VILLAGE.

THE QUESTION THAT SHOULD BE IN THE MIND OF YORUBA PEOPLE IS, WHAT WILL BE THE CONSEQUENCES OF DESTROYING THE HOMES OF PEOPLE THAT BUILT AND DEVELOP LAGOS.

TINUBU MAY BE DESTROYING THEIR PROPERTIES AND EXPECTING ONE NIGERIA TO CONTINUE FOREVER OR PERHAPS TO LIVE FOREVER, BUT THAT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY AND PURE FANTASY BECAUSE TINUBU WILL NOT LIVE FOREVER AND THIS NIGERIA AS IT IS WILL ALSO NOT BE FOREVER.

U DESTROY THE HOUSES, WAR START, ALL OTHER STRUCTURES IN LAGOS DESTROYED AND NIGERIA DIVIDED, WILL TINUBU FAMILY MONEY THEN ERECT ALL THE STRUCTURES WE ALL CAME TOGETHER TO BUILD?

THIS IS JUST ONE SCENARIO AS WE CANNOT SEE THE FUTURE, BUT AGREE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

WE HEAR HE ALSO WANT TO EXTEND HIS HATE TO ABUJA AND DESTROY IGBO PEOPLE PROPERTIES.

THAT MAN IS DIGGING HIS GRAVE AND ONCE ALL THIS RICH AND WEALTHY PEOPLE UNITE WITH BIAFRA FORCES, IT IS ALL OVER FOR NIGERIA.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IGBO PROPERTY OWNERS IN LAGOS ARE THE ONLY SET BACK TO THE BIAFRA MOVING TRAIN. THEY ARE NORMALLY ONE NIGERIA SUPPORTERS.

You are simply a tribal bigot with empty brain , what has tribe got to do with building illegal structure in unauthorized place? If that building belongs to a Yoruba man or Hausa man , he will surely face the-same faith as he has faced. People like you are the one brain washing ignorant fools like yourself that will not do due diligence before acquiring land and get the proper documentation from FHA , can you do the-same in your ill fated state and the FHA wont bring it down? All you people do is criticize Lagos whereas you are suffering more in your states. If your state is that conducive for you then go build it and stay there and stop disturbing Lagos state with your empty brains and ignorance.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Basic123: 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2023
Dejijossy:
Another misleading story from anti-APC team.
Stop spreading half backed news here

You know them.

All those.."see water melon I bought for 500 naira " crew đŸ˜†

Funny enough,the stupid moderators will carry it and put it on front page đŸ˜†

3 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by erico2k2(m): 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2023
Obi1kenobi:

So if it is built on drainages, or pipelines, or obstructs right of way for construction of roads, transmission lines, or other public infrastructure, you should just "evict the owner" and leave the illegal house?
My question has always been, Why allow anyone to build in such places in the 1st place? why approve the survey and building plan in the 1st place?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2023
hammerFC:

TINUBU HAVE MOVE TO ABUJA WITH HATE.

HE IS USING FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO DEMOLISH PROPERITIES ON LAND SOLD BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN AREAS LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT HAVE BNO SAY BECAUSE IT WAS DEVELOPED WITH NIGERIA OIL WEALTH BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WHEN LAGOS WAS CAPITAL OF NIGERIA.

HE ALSO WANT TO DEMOLISH IGBO PEOPLE PROPERTIES IN ABUJA.

HE MUST NOT KNOW THAT ARMS ARE WELL DISTRIBUTED IN TODAY'S NIGERIA AND SOON WE WILL JOIN THE DEMOLITON.

It's very clear that Federal government did not sell those lands to anybody. If those lands were legally sold by Federal government, it would be easy to contest in court. Notices would have been posted and painted on the properties a long time ago with ample time for legal challenges. It's very clear those properties built on extensions are not part of the government's masterplan. Anybody that has seen those houses would know they're illegal.

And nobody is impressed by all this your empty chest beating on the internet. Keyboard warrior rambling about "arms".

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) / Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) / A Clay House With Two Air-Conditions In Benin Spotted By A Nairalander (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.