Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice (61301 Views)

Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Banana Island In Lagos Is A Billionaire’s Paradise / 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by HydraFeeds(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
People should stop emotional blackmail and do the right thing .

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

100k go do the investigation

Last time I did such, I spent about 300k. Had to pay the lawyer and surveyor, and they also had to bribe at the ministry of lands before verification.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Dejijossy(m): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
Another misleading story from anti-APC team.
Stop spreading half backed news here

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by NaijaCover(m): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by dele1727: 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
Everything is not about tribalism
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by twilliamx(m): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jerk1:
Seriously, I was sad after watching it. Time shall tell because what am seeing before 2027 will be a birth of a new nation.

It's the same thing elrufai did in Abuja. It's sad though but do your due diligence before you purchase any property. Get a certified surveyor from alausa to help you chart any land you are interested in before you purchase it. Abule ado is federal housing authority land.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Last time I did such, I spent about 300k. Had to pay the lawyer and surveyor, and they also had to bribe at the ministry of lands before verification.

They scammed you. E no suppose pass 50k for site inspection.
Get a surveyor to pick they coordinates of the land. Don't rely on the survey, let the surveyor go to the land.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by twilliamx(m): 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Call me when next you want to do that.. 300k for wetin

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Everything to you lots is about tribalism!

Was it only houses of Igbo`s that were destroyed! Did they exempt some houses in their demolition path!

The victim mentality is getting out of hands!

Doesn't the government demolish houses in the East? Are they also anti-Igbo?

Instead of focusing on root cause of demolition, you here talking about tribalism!
stop asking if it's only igbo houses we're demolished.... can any yoruba person get mind to build good house? Or you don never heard or seen any yorubas complaining..?

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by pharmaking: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
Peter obi will never be President in this country.

If that house belongs to an Igbo man, demolishing it is okay by me.

Anything that peppers the obedients is welcome by me.

By 2027, them go don weak.

Lagos is no man's land indeed.When u think u have monopoly of vawulence, think twice.

All eyes on this mansion right now.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by 1972xy: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
Igbo no de hear word. Do your business in Lagos and carry your proceed to village to build house....Na lie ! But they prefer dragging land with Owners.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by kaludestiny10(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2023
How person go get money to build this kind of expensive structure but him no get sense to do due diligence on the land. Money without sense is equal to calamity.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by MightySparrow: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2023
When you use money and position to secure illegality, what you get at last is heart attack.

When the say something is against the law, don't do it. You will lose both position and influence one day but law lives .

What you think you are keeping for your children may be for them to inherit.

I have seen some people like that believing they can always bypass the law because of 'nigerian factor'

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigwig071:
stop asking if it's only igbo houses we're demolished.... can any yoruba person get mind to build good house? Or you don never heard or seen any yorubas complaining..?

I will allow you wallow in your delusion!

Yoruba`s don't build houses, only Igbos` do!

Are you okay now!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by fastseo: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigiyaro:
Nigerians and doing things anyhow are like 5&6. You get money buy 500 million car, you no fit put 100k tracker for the car. Go buy another land and build another mansion, if you like, no use lawyer buy the land and no authenticate your property from the right source.

Which one is lawyer? The land I bought and it was through a lawyer... What leta came out?

Let me tell you... There are some land u will buy and after carrying out investigation u find out that is legitimate only a new government will come and say no

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
pharmaking:
Peter obi will never be President in this country.

If that house belongs to an Igbo man, demolishing it is okay by me.

Anything that peppers the obedients is welcome by me.

By 2027, them go don weak.

Lagos is no man's land indeed.When u think u have monopoly of vawulence, think twice.

All eyes on this mansion right now.

THE IGBO ARE NOT YORUBA, SOON NIGERIA WILL DISINTEGRATE AND IT WILL BE YOUR HOUSE TINUBU WILL BE DEMOLISHING.

THE JOKE IS ACTUALLY ON YOU.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by blaise26abj(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
Please always do due diligence before buying lands anywhere in Nigeria . Civil servants are very corrupt . They will tell you the truth but tell you they can help you circumvent the law . But nothing you do with them will be documented . In fact they will put the stop and desist notice in your file in their office . ALWAYS ask for guidance from real professionals . This man will regret it but he caused it

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
RecentHistory:

Get a surveyor to pick they coordinates of the land. Don't rely on the survey, let the surveyor go to the land.

That's exactly what they did. The lawyer employed the surveyor to pick coordinates, and n=both went to the ministry of lands to verify. And I heard they do bribe there too.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by OlujobaSamuel: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

I don't mean running perfect investigation as in checking title documents and the likes. I mean to run a quick check (not deep search) like who get the land, individual, Omo onile or govt. Hope no wahala for the land, etc.
Just give some peeps 5k 10k at random wey you feel sey get better insight for that environment, Dem go give you full gist, and you go discern truth from false, then you can request for docs to start running the proper check.
Sometimes, just go ministry, ask them if govt get any interest for any land for so so area, without any supporting docs yet, those guys know, Dem go hint you, to now determine if your particular portion dey of interest, you run the check. But some people see parting with such fund as a waste, that Dem go outsmart the system

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2023
blaise26abj:
Please always do due diligence before buying lands anywhere in Nigeria . Civil servants are very corrupt . They will tell you the truth but tell you that can help you circumvent the law . But nothing you do with them will be documented . In fact they will put the stop and desist notice in your file in their office . ALWAYS ask for guidance from real professionals . This man will regret it but he caused it

THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE WRITING, MAYBE BECAUSE YOU DID NOT BUILD PROPERTIES.

SOMEDAY, YOU WILL HAVE MONEY TO BUILD AND DEM GO DEMOLISH AM FOR POLITICAL REASON, AND THEY WILL TELL YOU DUE DILIGENCE.

IDOT!

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2023
VaselineCrew:

Source: Tobi Akinbo J.
Give us reason for the demolition.

I know government won't be foolish enough not to give reason for this demolition.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by wrongnumber: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
Victims of currupt government.

In sane countries, it will be impossible for anyone to build houses in wrong areas.

But it will shock you that it is the same Lagos State Government official that gave a go ahead to these house owners.

This is sad.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by skj1377(m): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
This is sad. The economy is hard.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I don't mean running perfect investigation as in checking title documents and the likes. I mean to run a quick check (not deep search) like who get the land, individual, Omo onile or govt. Hope no wahala for the land, etc.
Just give some peeps 5k 10k at random wey you feel sey get better insight for that environment, Dem go give you full gist, and you go discern truth from false, then you can request for docs to start running the proper check.
Sometimes, just go ministry, ask them if govt get any interest for any land for so so area, without any supporting docs yet, those guys know, Dem go hint you, to now determine if your particular portion dey of interest, you run the check. But some people see parting with such fund as a waste, that Dem go outsmart the system

I always give my lawyer a free hand. I am not mandated to buy. If it wont fly, I always appreciate knowing earlier.

Anyways, Thanks for the insight.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
LET US GET ONE THING STRAIGHT.

IF DOCUMENTS FOR LAND HAVE BEEN ISSUED BY GOVERNMENT, AND PAID.

GOVERNMENT CANNOT COME BACK TO SAY CORRUPT PERSON GAVE DOCUMENT, SO THEY HAVE TO DEMOLISH PEOPLE PROPERTY.

SUPREME COURT SAW ILLEGALITY AND UPHELD IT AND STILL CONTINUE TO BE CORRUPT.

HENCE CORRUPTION SHOULD NOT BE AN EXCUSE FOR DEMOLISHING PEOPLE HOME.

HOW DID TINUBU BECOME PRESIDENT?

WAS INEC CORRUPT?

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigwig071(m): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

I will allow you wallow in your delusion!

Yoruba`s don't build houses, only Igbos` do!

Are you okay now!
I just let you know that you were talking nonsense by saying
what you said... them planned it understand from burning igbos markets in Lagos to demolishing igbos houses

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by OlujobaSamuel: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2023
RecentHistory:

Won't really call it a scam. You know land matter are kinda somehow, people sometimes use value of land, worth of the client and area to charge.
If you undercharge some people, Dem no go give you the job thinking you no sabi work

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RepoMan007: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2023
Demolishing mansions is more important than ridding the streets of Lagos of louts who rape, attack and steal from office workers and hustlers. Those louts can help put politicians back in office unlike reasonable voters trying to exercise their right.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

That's exactly what they did. The lawyer employed the surveyor to pick coordinates, and n=both went to the ministry of lands to verify. And I heard they do bribe there too.

Well, there's no price too much to pay for peace of mind. You are a smart person to check before building.
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
ONCE THEY BUILD HOUSE AND HAVE THE DOCUMENTS.

PLEASE LEAVE THEIR HOUSE ALONE.

GO AND SETTLE YOUR CORRUPTION AMONGST YOURSELVES IN VARIOUS GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS.

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by blaise26abj(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigiyaro:
Nigerians and doing things anyhow are like 5&6. You get money buy 500 million car, you no fit put 100k tracker for the car. Go buy another land and build another mansion, if you like, no use lawyer buy the land and no authenticate your property from the right source.

You are right . Car comprehensive insurance they will not do. To pay a token for peace of mind , nooo. Na problem they go dey find up and down .

Most of the land in Nigeria is surveyed already and planned for . If you want to buy , you take the survey points and verify with government if there is nothing wrong with the location . Then properly document all necessary information on the land . It is very important to do that to avoid stories that touch

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Won't really call it a scam. You know land matter are kinda somehow, people sometimes use value of land, worth of the client and area to charge.
If you undercharge some people, Dem no go give you the job thinking you no sabi work

I agree. Besides, provided the client is safe and protected, all other considerations are secondary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) / Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) / A Clay House With Two Air-Conditions In Benin Spotted By A Nairalander (Photos)