Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,305 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply (5926 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Have Given Birth"- Lady Tells Man After Surprise Engagement Ring, His Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by westlius(m): 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
I met this guy 2020 at Calabar, we worked in the same project in Calabar (8miles). After the project I returned back to my base in PH and he was in UYO for another job.
2 months ago he chatted me he is in PH and badly in need of job. Then his calls and messages became constant.
I gave him several job links, this morning he sent me a FB message that one of the job has sent him an invitation, I was happy at least if he gets it he can pay his bills. He then drops his account details that I should send me 1k for transportation which I declined. I bluntly told him I can't look for job for you and give u transportation for the interview.
This evening, as I came back from work I called him to know if he went for the interview, the funny guy send no he didn't go because of no transport fare, I just hang call

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by immortalcrown(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
Oga, if you wan help am, help am.

The way you sound here shows you are the type that brags too much or lord over people you help.

Your good does not justify your bad. You tried by giving him job links. But you are heartless for refusing to assist him with transport fare. Legally, you owe him nothing. But morally, you owe him every good thing you can afford for him.

Things are so bad for some people that they can miss wonderful opportunities because of lack of transport fare. The demand for transport fare can be a sign of unseriousness from some people. Yet, there are people who are serious but cannot afford transport fare, so they beg. This guy didn't ask you for money for his luch on the day he will go for the interview. He didn't ask you to buy him cloth or airtime for the interview. He only asked for transport. Do you think transport fare is the only thing an applicant needs for an interview? Be considerate abeg.

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by inkon: 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:
I met this guy 2020 at Calabar, we worked in the same project in Calabar (8miles). After the project I returned back to my base in PH and he was in UYO for another job.
2 months ago he chatted me he is in PH and badly in need of job. Then his calls and messages became constant.
I gave him several job links, this morning he sent me a FB message that one of the job has sent him an invitation, I was happy at least if he gets it he can pay his bills. He then drops his account details that I should send me 1k for transportation which I declined. I bluntly told him I can't look for job for you and give u transportation for the interview.
This evening, as I came back from work I called him to know if he went for the interview, the funny guy send no he didn't go because of no transport fare, I just hang call

You're heartless. But don't worry, life na turn by turn.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by MidasTouch15: 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:
U were in a position to help bt u chose nt to. U feel like a big boy nw ,right? Anyways, its none of my concern bt alwys knw that littl tns mata

43 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Wawelexy(m): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:

You not being considerate

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by westlius(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
inkon:

My dear given him a link for job I tried oo.
Apart from me don't he has close relatives.
I have never seen him since 2020 but I still find am job when he called

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by westlius(m): 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
MidasTouch15:

U were in a position to help bt u chose nt to. U feel like a big boy nw ,right? Anyways, its none of my concern bt alwys knw that littl tns mata
If I never wanted to help I would have posted him.
U know how many persons are looking for job.
2 months till yesterday I am always on net for 1 hr looking for job for him.
Not just him u here. I have 5 friend I am looking for jobs for them.
2 are now working successfully.
It gives me joy my friends are working.
U don't expect me to burn data find job for u
And still give u transportation for the work

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by westlius(m): 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
Wawelexy:

You not being considerate
My dear for 2 months u sending him lots of job invites
Now one calls him for a position.
He wants me to give him transportation.
When he was working at uyo he never called or message me
Now he is in ph he remembered he had some1

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Tb19(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
If this story is true then you've tried for him by giving him the link to apply for jobs.

However, even though you owe him nothing and he's not the owner of your funds, you could have tried helping him further.

This country hard no be small, I can't count interviews I've gone for and none materialised. I don't even apply anymore because the money for transport is not even funny.

For recruiters that are here and will probably see this please that phrase you guys love so much which is "WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU", abeg if you know the person is not qualified from the questions you asked or the assessment just tell the candidates and try to state the reason why he wasn't chosen. That phrase tends to give candidates hope and most recruiters won't even bother reaching out regardless of the outcome, it's not encouraging at all. Everyone is trying their best not to become a criminal.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by atilla(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
He was probably scamming u and didnt get any job invite.

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by westlius(m): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
inkon:

My dear my turn don come
U know how many people I have helped in this life without expecting or getting anything in return.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Wawelexy(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:

1k is something you can give to a stranger you don't even know, talk more of someone you had an acquaintances with, except if you yourself don't have it sha, but you goofed up if you are in position to give an acted that way

21 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by obinna58(m): 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:

Black mentality, you think he has the money and doesn’t want to go, you were in position to easily help someone but the stupid mentality of I have done enough for him wouldn’t let you

If na woman now you go begin spend cash and be calling yourself omenka

Don’t tell your gee “I cannot” instead tell him “it’s out of your capability”

22 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Tb19(m): 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
1k scam 😶
atilla:

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
And you brought this online,make e go thief transport?or you dont know how hard things are?you tried but dont be too insensitive .its not easy for people

7 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Babangidapikin: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
I don't know why you are angry ... Someone that is not working is on a negative balance in the first place ... If you don't have , then you tell him so, and encourage him to use is legedizbenz , not getting angry over nothing... It is like giving someone a private Jet and a pilot and asking him to come join you in San Francisco from Nigeria but he has to fuel the jet ...for someone used to fueling just his car and earning regular income .. fueling a private jet is not his mate ...but did the person do wrong giving you the private jet ..no

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by budaatum: 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:

If I never wanted to help I would have posted him.
U know how many persons are looking for job.
2 months till yesterday I am always on net for 1 hr looking for job for him.
Not just him u here. I have 5 friend I am looking for jobs for them.
2 are now working successfully.
It gives me joy my friends are working.
U don't expect me to burn data find job for u
And still give u transportation for the work

I think they expect you to help him more than he wants to help himself.

After you send him transport money and he gets the job, some will be here telling you to go and do the work for him too so he can get paid.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by DkJay: 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
Bible says, don't let your good be evil spoken of.

You've done so well for him, sacrificed a lot... Just at the tail end now, you made this decision and people are castigating you, ignoring the sacrifices you already made like say you no do good at all.

If you want to be good, be good through and through. He didn't go for the job interview but trust me, if he'd gone and gotten the job, this stress would be off your neck and you'd have put him in a position to be indebted to you for life.

Now, you're the one explaining to strangers online who don't care about you in the first place.

Bro, you did well by helping him get the job. Just don't stop halfway next time.

18 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Burgermotors: 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
Brother man just 1k and you could not help him , you think he have it .if he can still go for the interview tomorrow please drop his account number

16 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by madone: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
grin can you stop talking and go back to lift that Broda up
westlius:

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by OlawaleBammie: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:

Ordinary 1k u no fit give ur guy?? Just 1k??

If na woman now u go triple the amount.

Baba u disapoint aje

23 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Zonefree(m): 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
I pray never to have a friend like this wicked OP!

You think you've done more than enough by sending him useless links for job. Nonsense human being!

20 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by abbasajao(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:

Bro forget, you didn't do well at hall
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Kobicove(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
atilla:

I don't think this is true
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by westlius(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Zonefree:
I pray never to have a friend like this wicked OP!

You think you've done more than enough for him by sending him useless links for job. Nonsense human being!
I don't need friend like u too
we were never friends
saw him last 3years ago
I he Neva called or chatted till he needed something
which I sacrificed my time in given him.
I even regreted giving him the link
my ex staff who isn't working and his wife just put to bed (I linked him to a job in gra but they still not open yet, it's a new place)
he will be glad for the job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by westlius(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2023
everyone saying funny thing don't just understand.
heaven help those who help themselves.
I don't run an work agency.
I am also an husler too
I am greatful for where God placed me.
the zeal of the person was poor, most times I send him links, I even remind him always if he has applied. he only love requesting for urgent 2k.
I had this friend of mine(ex staff) one day last month while leaving the office I heard of a vacancy, I had to put a call to my ex staff, I was shocked 1 hr later he called he was around my office.
I was please, he submitted the CV and requested to transport, I was happy given him.
is a person who needs a job not like the other one who wants a free lunch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:

I don't need friend like u too
we were never friends
saw him last 3years ago
I he Neva called or chatted till he needed something
which I sacrificed my time in given him.
I even regreted giving him the link
my ex staff who isn't working and his wife just put to bed (I linked him to a job in gra but they still not open yet, it's a new place)
he will be glad for the job.

But what is wrong with you? What makes you think that your friend wasn't happy to get an invite? Na ontop 1k you dey type this nonsense gibberish thinking you are wise? If he had the transport you think he would have bothered to ask you? Why do a favour half way and think you've done enough, with the way things are hard in this country, some people can't even feed well, that guy is definitely at a minus and you've spoilt his chances of a job, to even get an invite in this current economy is a miracle because everywhere red, yet all you can use to defend yourself is he was never your friend, bla bla bla trying to justify nonsense of three years ago,

It's obvious this one cannot even help a stranger, smh.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Danjikanbauchi: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
Just 1k you denied him an opportunity because you give him the link ? Haba this is not nice naa

7 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by BlackhatMentor: 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
In all honesty if it's a beautiful girl you just met and you're sexually attracted to

You wouldn't mind sending her the money after helping her look for a job

You'd even ask her if she'd like to use bolt or Uber in a bid to get under her skirt.

Men the suffer sha

19 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Stop saying u helped the guy cos u didn`t. If u did i see no reason why u can`t just give out 1k someone for his tp to the said work place. Just knw that as life de sweet u 2day table fit turn nd u seek his help 2moro.

10 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Magnoliaa(f): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
So nobody is going to talk about how men are the biggest setbacks to each other's destinies?

Anybody?

Okay.

13 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by TrossardT: 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
There is an adage where I come from, it goes like this "if you give a lazy person cloth, you dye it for the person"

I want you to think about the adage as it applies to the situation and tell me your thought on it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn / {help!} - She's Is 24 And I'm 19. She Said She Has A Crush On Me. / My worst nightmare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.