Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply (5943 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Have Given Birth"- Lady Tells Man After Surprise Engagement Ring, His Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:

Old enough to employ your father grin

You think we don't know you are a fagg0t guy ? grin

Eleyi o normal rara

Afofugbemu Asinwin.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Kevineleven(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2023
If he's been jobless, it's possible he didn't have the transport fare, but you tried for giving him a job link, you brought this topic here because you feel a bit guilty, don't beat yourself up, you tried, he could have look for other ways to raise the tfare.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by KingOfAllIgbos: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Fountainofyouth to HIS useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother:

Eleyi o normal rara

Afofugbemu Asinwin.

Sent by DHL to the 2 imb3ciles cheesy
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Rexymania(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2023
If you have, help him na. 1k is not an arm and tooth
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by tochez24(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
I met this guy 2020 at Calabar, we worked in the same project in Calabar (8miles). After the project I returned back to my base in PH and he was in UYO for another job.
2 months ago he chatted me he is in PH and badly in need of job. Then his calls and messages became constant.
I gave him several job links, this morning he sent me a FB message that one of the job has sent him an invitation, I was happy at least if he gets it he can pay his bills. He then drops his account details that I should send me 1k for transportation which I declined. I bluntly told him I can't look for job for you and give u transportation for the interview.
This evening, as I came back from work I called him to know if he went for the interview, the funny guy send no he didn't go because of no transport fare, I just hang call

Nigerians are extremely wicked people, what is 1k that you can't give to a brother in need Oh because you gave him a job link therefore you think you have done what no man has done for him🙄

If a girl calls you now that she's visiting, you will foolishly send her 10k for transport but you can't send your fellow man 1k for transport♂️

You should have just kept your stupidity to yourself instead of bringing it online❌❌

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Warlord2014(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

My dear given him a link for job I tried oo.
Apart from me don't he has close relatives.
I have never seen him since 2020 but I still find am job when he called
You actually didn't want him to get the job.... I wonder why 1k heavy you for hand.

On his own side too, he fdup.... Should have collected from somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by tony4up: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2023
That is irresponsible of u, you mean that you have done more than enough by sending him Job links? That is wickedness, what a poverty mindset and you are here trying to put defence. Please kindly change your mindset.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Boomboost(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
I met this guy 2020 at Calabar, we worked in the same project in Calabar (8miles). After the project I returned back to my base in PH and he was in UYO for another job.
2 months ago he chatted me he is in PH and badly in need of job. Then his calls and messages became constant.
I gave him several job links, this morning he sent me a FB message that one of the job has sent him an invitation, I was happy at least if he gets it he can pay his bills. He then drops his account details that I should send me 1k for transportation which I declined. I bluntly told him I can't look for job for you and give u transportation for the interview.
This evening, as I came back from work I called him to know if he went for the interview, the funny guy send no he didn't go because of no transport fare, I just hang call

I have behaved likewise but next time, ask yourself, is 1k too much to give a girl who needs it? How much more a guy?
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by jogsman01(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2023
immortalcrown:
Oga, if you wan help am, help am.

The way you sound here shows you are the type that brags too much or lord over people you help.

Your good does not justify your bad. You tried by giving him job links. But you are heartless for refusing to assist him with transport fare. Legally, you owe him nothing. But morally, you owe him every good thing you can afford for him.

Things are so bad for some people that they can miss wonderful opportunities because of lack of transport fare. The demand for transport fare can be a sign of unseriousness from some people. Yet, there are people who are serious but cannot afford transport fare, so they beg. This guy didn't ask you for money for his luch on the day he will go for the interview. He didn't ask you to buy him cloth or airtime for the interview. He only asked for transport. Do you think transport fare is the only thing an applicant needs for an interview? Be considerate abeg.
and one ngbeke go ask am for urgent 2k, he go start waggling.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by conscienceman4(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Clap for yourself. You think it's easy for a man to ask for a help of 1k. And yet you fall his hand.

immortalcrown:

The way you sound here shows you are the type that brags too much or lord over people you help.

Your good does not justify your bad. You tried by giving him job links. But you are heartless for refusing to assist him with transport fare. Legally, you owe him nothing. But morally, you owe him every good thing you can afford for him.

Things are so bad for some people that they can miss wonderful opportunities because of lack of transport fare. The demand for transport fare can be a sign of unseriousness from some people. Yet, there are people who are serious but cannot afford transport fare, so they beg. This guy didn't ask you for money for his luch on the day he will go for the interview. He didn't ask you to buy him cloth or airtime for the interview. He only asked for transport. Do you think transport fare is the only thing an applicant needs for an interview? Be considerate abeg.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Ekeneegwu(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
Some comments here are just awkward… you been working and person still help you with link … you demanded for cash he said he doesn’t have and some beggars with their entitlement mentality are here spewing trash … can you imagine the rubbish to the extent of calling him heartless… wow … just wow

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Amuroba: 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ekeneegwu:
you been working and person still help you with link … you demanded for cash he said he doesn’t have
POC: 'He hanged up.' Read, don't skim.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Adewale1603(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
It's obvious you don't really intended to help that friend of yours, you just gave him the job link so that he can stop disturbing you. Because if you truly wish to help, you will help fully and even oversee the outcome. And if he asked for 1k for transportation from you, it's not too much of a thing you can't do, even if the interview doesn't eventually yield a positive result. There are some things in life that one has passed such stage or bigger than, that one can easily let go without even blinking an eye, how much is the 1k that he asked. he's also been considerate for asking of just 1k, the 1k might not even be enough for him, someone that's insensitive will ask up to 3k. And even if you're so poor mentality, the worst you could do is to let him know that you can only lend or borrow him the 1k, who knows if the interview will yield a positive result and was later employed, he would repay your 1k back to you.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by lebron7(m): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
luminouz:
I know Nigerians are reactors, reactants and reagents.

See how they are cussing each other out on the issue. The entitlement mentality of Nigerians is disgusting.

N.B: No one owes you shiit!!! Someone who never ask about you till he needs something is not a friend but a leech. Yet you found time, gave him links to apply and he did, and yet asked you for tfare (and he always has been asking for urgent 2k on trivial issues) and because you refused to give him, you are automatically a bad guy?

I don't get it. The guy couldn't raise 1k from everyone in his neighborhood, no close friend or enemy to borrow from? He couldn't trek to the venue? And it's OP's fault? What nonsense.

Someone opened her mouth waaaawaaahhh...and said men are the downfall of other men? You think I'd give a woman who asked me such money? NEVER!!! some people don't wanna sacrifice anything but leech on a giver, for EVERYTHING!!!
I swear I just Taya for the responses, I'm sure the ones calling him names don't send those links they call useless to their own jobless friends

The op has his own life challenges to face, you can take the horse to the river but you can't force it to drink
How person go give you connect for work you still dey expect transport to go interview. That means he'll also pay transport till they pay first salary too
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by lebron7(m): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
Entitled Nigerians
Dem dey defend their member here
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by olac21(m): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
That you even brought it here, in all honesty is what pains me the more
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by tuzle(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
My opinion I find it weird when people find it hard helping friends or family or they say they are entitled. I believe if u have, u should at least try to support people once in a while. Getting money this days is hard except u are doing something illegal or u are just lucky because by the time small change enter ur hand just buying one or two things and money has finished already.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Andyfelix(m): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Bros,e b like u no knw hw tinz b 4 d country nw...that dude waz straightforward wit u
Me wey dey like diz na garri b my safeguard since 5 days nw.. morning, afternoon,evening nd night
Life d very hard nw oo
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Exceed15: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2023
See ehn you should have given him if u have. Haba this guy wants to work but he is incapacitated due to lack of job . I have done it to few people because I see their sincerity to get started. Its well sha
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Exceed15: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
inkon:

You're heartless. But don't worry, life na turn by turn.

Walahi just 1k u no fit support? Seem d op is out of tune with current Hardship.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by safarifarms(m): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
atilla:
He was probably scamming u and didnt get any job invite.
For 1k? Haba.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by iLegendd(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
I met this guy 2020...

When he becomes successful and he's giving a speech, he'll tell this story and you'll be painted poorly in the speech.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by MidasTouch15: 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2023
Lifestone:

Why are you guys this entitled. Shouldn't the guy help his life at all, if he needs to trek to the interview, he should have done that. His family members too couldn't raise 1k? if he had given him money to the interview, he better be ready to be paying transport and feeding money to go to the work otherwise he won't resume and you guys will still blame the OP
This is just like leading a blind man to the road and asking him to cross it even if he has no means
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by ORIAYO70(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

To me you r literally been self centered, atlest u r happy the guy did not attend interview... He needed token to be there but u declined, ur goodness is as same as foolishness
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by jamesversion: 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

After you refused to give him TP this morning, you still called later this evening to confirm that he didn't go for the interview.

If I tell you my mind, you go deactivate from Nairaland.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by jamesversion: 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
dominique:

So not one person in his immediate surrounding can give him ordinary 1k, he had to go and beg for him from someone that lives in another city? That shows he's nothing but an entitled leech an an untrustworthy person, that's why the people around could not spare him ordinary 1k.

Was that what you read?
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by tunize(m): 12:21am On Nov 30, 2023
westlius:
Nor be as u reason life e dei play ooh, that guy genuinely might really be broke you know how many ppl nor get 2k for aza? If you want to help someone help them completely you don’t render help half way.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by westlius(m): 12:54am On Nov 30, 2023
tunize:

Nor be as u reason life e dei play ooh, that guy genuinely might really be broke you know how many ppl nor get 2k for aza? If you want to help someone help them completely you don’t render help half way.
People in this forum don't know this guy.
Only when he msg me is bcoz of money.
So u mean after given him transport, for the interview
, I will give him money till they pay him salary?
Some persons take begging as an habit.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by tunize(m): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2023
westlius:

You would have given him Tp first to go for the interview and allow him get the job first what ever comes after you could have easily told him at the moment its not in your capacity to do so.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Joeyfizzo: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2023
immortalcrown:

he Shud find money for TP elsewhere.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Joeyfizzo: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2023
westlius:

I understand u.....I have one idiot friend like that....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Remember The Lady Who Said She Can Not Date A Man Who Don't Have A Car(photo) / . / Is Dis Real:my Lady Always Unconcious/passes On Each Time We Hav A Romantic Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.