Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply (5947 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Have Given Birth"- Lady Tells Man After Surprise Engagement Ring, His Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Karleb(m): 7:38am On Nov 29, 2023
A good friend would have sent the tf.

You no do well

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Karleb(m): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2023
vonlogon:
It weakens me to read comments like "you are in position to help", "you are heartless" and stuffs like that. A man that can come back and ask same person that opened a door for him to walk him through is not ready for success, left to me, I won't even come back to ask for anything, there are circumstances that should be encouraging enough for a man to activate preternatural reasoning and find solutions. In my opinion, he's unserious. I've been in this situation before, I trekked, from mile 2 to Ojota. I got the job before calling my contact person.

Keep quiet there! angry

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Masanto: 7:45am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
I met this guy 2020 at Calabar, we worked in the same project in Calabar (8miles). After the project I returned back to my base in PH and he was in UYO for another job.
2 months ago he chatted me he is in PH and badly in need of job. Then his calls and messages became constant.
I gave him several job links, this morning he sent me a FB message that one of the job has sent him an invitation, I was happy at least if he gets it he can pay his bills. He then drops his account details that I should send me 1k for transportation which I declined. I bluntly told him I can't look for job for you and give u transportation for the interview.
This evening, as I came back from work I called him to know if he went for the interview, the funny guy send no he didn't go because of no transport fare, I just hang call
Na very wicked person you be sha

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by MrBroke(m): 7:57am On Nov 29, 2023
For me OP your response was not good, you should have said you low on funds than being rude to the guy and for the guy he should have asked someone else for the 1k. But you for just give am nah, even if na scam na him self him dey do no be u.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
I met this guy 2020 at Calabar, we worked in the same project in Calabar (8miles). After the project I returned back to my base in PH and he was in UYO for another job.
2 months ago he chatted me he is in PH and badly in need of job. Then his calls and messages became constant.
I gave him several job links, this morning he sent me a FB message that one of the job has sent him an invitation, I was happy at least if he gets it he can pay his bills. He then drops his account details that I should send me 1k for transportation which I declined. I bluntly told him I can't look for job for you and give u transportation for the interview.
This evening, as I came back from work I called him to know if he went for the interview, the funny guy send no he didn't go because of no transport fare, I just hang call

Ordinary 1k.. you can't send. If he has, he won't ask you. Not everyone can afford simple things like you

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:10am On Nov 29, 2023
vonlogon:
It weakens me to read comments like "you are in position to help", "you are heartless" and stuffs like that. A man that can come back and ask same person that opened a door for him to walk him through is not ready for success, left to me, I won't even come back to ask for anything, there are circumstances that should be encouraging enough for a man to activate preternatural reasoning and find solutions. In my opinion, he's unserious. I've been in this situation before, I trekked, from mile 2 to Ojota. I got the job before calling my contact person.

So he should walk to the place he's invited abi

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Farrason: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

You gave him a link does not mean he has gotten the job. He might attend the interview and not be successful, hence you should have assisted him with the Tfare. Furthermore, if he eventually is successful at the interview, do you know that in the first one month, going to work will be a challenge without Tfare and he will possibly still run to you for more help on it.

You owe him nothing but we are all humans and rise by lifting others.

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by dominique(f): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2023
immortalcrown:
Oga, if you wan help am, help am.

The way you sound here shows you are the type that brags too much or lord over people you help.

Your good does not justify your bad. You tried by giving him job links. But you are heartless for refusing to assist him with transport fare. Legally, you owe him nothing. But morally, you owe him every good thing you can afford for him.

Things are so bad for some people that they can miss wonderful opportunities because of lack of transport fare. The demand for transport fare can be a sign of unseriousness from some people. Yet, there are people who are serious but cannot afford transport fare, so they beg. This guy didn't ask you for money for his luch on the day he will go for the interview. He didn't ask you to buy him cloth or airtime for the interview. He only asked for transport. Do you think transport fare is the only thing an applicant needs for an interview? Be considerate abeg.

So not one person in his immediate surrounding can give him ordinary 1k, he had to go and beg for him from someone that lives in another city? That shows he's nothing but an entitled leech an an untrustworthy person, that's why the people around could not spare him ordinary 1k.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by immortalcrown(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2023
dominique:
So not one person in his immediate surrounding can give him ordinary 1k, he had to go and beg for him from someone that lives in another city? That shows he's nothing but an entitled leech an an untrustworthy person, that's why the people around could not spare him ordinary 1k.
His inability to raise the 1k from within his residence does not connote untrustworthiness or entitlement mentality. What you should say is that he may be an introvert or a hostile person to be unable to get 1k from a neighbour. Also, begging a neighbour for 1k is the same as begging a friend for 1k. So, your usage of "untrustworthiness" and "entitlement" here has no logical backing.

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Bankowner: 8:49am On Nov 29, 2023

Bro!
First of all, you didn't look for a job for him, all you did was send him links to search for jobs he could fit into. Secondly, it hurts that you let him lose out on that job prospect. If the guy was trying to scam you, he won't be asking for 1k for transportation. And even if he was, 1k is really nothing to cry about as being scammed of. The fact that he didn't go for the interview showed that he didn't have any other option to get transportation fare to the venue. Let it be on your conscience that all you did was bring food to your starving friend's table and only allowed him to savor the aroma.

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by arzizhy: 8:49am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

Wetin you Dey talk? If you wan help, help in full. Are you suggesting he has money and just wanted to take from you? Has he not been calling you that he is jobless? It’s not like he is asking you for 50k or more that he cannot justify. You are duckling arrogant.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Ezeeboiy: 8:55am On Nov 29, 2023
Oyaoyira hello
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Rickmann: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

His persistent calls showed he was so in need of a job. From ur statement, it can be said you had the money but just didn't want to help. It's no big deal. It's not written anywhere that you can't help him with one thousand naira after giving him a job link. If he had it , he wouldn't ask.

I'm sure we wouldn't be reading this story if it was a girl.

In life , when you want to help, you help through and through, you will be happy and ur conscience will be at peace.

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Rickmann: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2023
MrBroke:
For me OP your response was not good, you should have said you low on funds than being rude to the guy and for the guy he should have asked someone else for the 1k. But you for just give am nah, even if na scam na him self him dey do no be u.

Exactly.
You have spoken well, my bro

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Silentgroper(m): 9:22am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

My dear given him a link for job I tried oo.
Apart from me don't he has close relatives.
I have never seen him since 2020 but I still find am job when he called
is he not a friend .. does je leave in yhe same state as you .. if you could not give him the 1k , you could atlesst have borrowed him and ashk him to pay back ehen gets his first pay slip .. life no hard nw

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Rickmann: 9:22am On Nov 29, 2023
Bankowner:

Bro!
First of all, you didn't look for a job for him, all you did was send him links to search for jobs he could fit into. Secondly, it hurts that you let him lose out on that job prospect. If the guy was trying to scam you, he won't be asking for 1k for transportation. And even if he was, 1k is really nothing to cry about as being scammed of. The fact that he didn't go for the interview showed that he didn't have any other option to get transportation fare to the venue. Let it be on your conscience that all you did was bring food to your starving friend's table and only allowed him to savor the aroma.

Well said👍
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by ghostcenturion(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
When you want to be good, be good till the end,
the same thing that made you consider him and stress to find the job for him should have gingered you to give him that 1k to transport himself.

whats the use of the job links and invite if he cant go? some things should just be done without overthinking it.

if you didn't have the money it would have been another story, but having it and deciding that you wont give it even with his circumstance was bad.

That job you feel you did good for him has not bore fruit cos you didn't go all in.

we guys have pride a lot, and for fellow guy man to ask you for money, just know say e choke for am and he couldn't help it, except him just deh scam for 1k

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by ibiba55(m): 9:37am On Nov 29, 2023
immortalcrown:
Oga, if you wan help am, help am.

The way you sound here shows you are the type that brags too much or lord over people you help.

Your good does not justify your bad. You tried by giving him job links. But you are heartless for refusing to assist him with transport fare. Legally, you owe him nothing. But morally, you owe him every good thing you can afford for him.

Things are so bad for some people that they can miss wonderful opportunities because of lack of transport fare. The demand for transport fare can be a sign of unseriousness from some people. Yet, there are people who are serious but cannot afford transport fare, so they beg. This guy didn't ask you for money for his luch on the day he will go for the interview. He didn't ask you to buy him cloth or airtime for the interview. He only asked for transport. Do you think transport fare is the only thing an applicant needs for an interview? Be considerate abeg.

God bless you
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by dominique(f): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2023
immortalcrown:
His inability to raise the 1k from within his residence does not connote untrustworthiness or entitlement mentality. What you should say is that he may be an introvert or a hostile person to be unable to get 1k from a neighbour. Also, begging a neighbour for 1k is the same as begging a friend for 1k. So, your usage of "untrustworthiness" and "entitlement" here has no logical backing.

Before you ask your friend you've not seen in years, does it not make more sense to ask people around you first? As bad as things are it does not mean you should not be able to raise ordinary 1k within your environment. That speaks volumes about the kind of person he is. So because of 1k he chose to miss out on a potential employment opportunity. That shows the kind unserious person he is. He's probably one of those e-beggars constituting nuisance all over the internet and dropping account details everywhere. People like that don't ever want to work, they prefer to beg and give a million excuses for their inability to find work.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by immortalcrown(m): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2023
dominique:
Before you ask your friend you've not seen in years, does it not make more sense to ask people around you first? As bad as things are it does not mean you should not be able to raise ordinary 1k within your environment. That speaks volumes about the kind of person he is. So because of 1k he chose to miss out on a potential employment opportunity. That shows the kind unserious person he is. He's probably one of those e-beggars constituting nuisance all over the internet and dropping account details everywhere. People like that don't ever want to work, they prefer to beg and give a million excuses for their inability to find work.
The fact remains that the guy's problem is not untrustworthiness or entitlement mentality. Also, that he hasn't seen the friend for many years is not an issue at all, provided they are not in the same location. In this modern world, you can be closer to someone you haven't seen for a decade than to someone who lives in your neighborhood. Maybe he has even tried but failed to get the 1k from his neighbours.

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by SuperOnyi: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2023
shocked

Oh boy, the thread backfired grin but I understand the OP's point...

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Allisgud: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2023
That guy no serious abeg, person give u job linkup,u still dey find transport,if he is serious for the job he will use his feeding money to transport
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by soundOsonic: 10:08am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
You didn't complete your good.
Half kindness is no kindness at all.
And also when doing good, you don't measure the good you do.
You don't calculate and count how many times we do good, you see the point of doing good is so you can help others when it's within your capabilities, and it is born ou of altruism or expecting a reward or praise in return.
You didn't do well sir.
If he has no money, how do you expect him to go there?
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by luminouz(m): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2023
I know Nigerians are reactors, reactants and reagents.

See how they are cussing each other out on the issue. The entitlement mentality of Nigerians is disgusting.

N.B: No one owes you shiit!!! Someone who never ask about you till he needs something is not a friend but a leech. Yet you found time, gave him links to apply and he did, and yet asked you for tfare (and he always has been asking for urgent 2k on trivial issues) and because you refused to give him, you are automatically a bad guy?

I don't get it. The guy couldn't raise 1k from everyone in his neighborhood, no close friend or enemy to borrow from? He couldn't trek to the venue? And it's OP's fault? What nonsense.

Someone opened her mouth waaaawaaahhh...and said men are the downfall of other men? You think I'd give a woman who asked me such money? NEVER!!! some people don't wanna sacrifice anything but leech on a giver, for EVERYTHING!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by luminouz(m): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2023
soundOsonic:

You didn't complete your good.
Half kindness is no kindness at all.
And also when doing good, you don't measure the good you do.
You don't calculate and count how many times we do good, you see the point of doing good is so you can help others when it's within your capabilities, and it is born ou of altruism or expecting a reward or praise in return.
You didn't do well sir.
If he has no money, how do you expect him to go there?
Please stop it. No one owes you shiit. For someone to find me a job link means he at least tried. It's up to me to find that 1k and go. At least make I try hustle the 1k myself. Then don't stay in the same city and haven't seen each other in 3 years and yet you think he did bad?

NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING!!!
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by PlsStayAlive: 10:27am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

My dear my turn don come
U know how many people I have helped in this life without expecting or getting anything in return.
So you have helped many people, that was then, this is now. Although I totally understand the wisdom as to why you didn't help him.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by kakaki123: 10:36am On Nov 29, 2023
I don’t know why you all are encouraging sense of entitlement.

Your friend isn’t serious enough, I bet if it’s money for alcohol he’d find a way to get it.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:40am On Nov 29, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:
@ OP....

It is really sad but some people are hellbent on remaining poor.

I have a policy, I don't just bang ladies and give them money for trivial things like makeup, hairdo, transport fare or phone.

I sit you down and try to fix real life issues ; school fees, accommodation, business start up capital.

That's all AFTER I bang you by the way, wouldn't impress you with money.

I met a girl whose father is late, as I was about to take over all her school fees, noticed she was a Juliet Beggar and always asking for money, money, money.

" I slept over in the office - no money for transport", " I couldn't come- cos no 2k for cab fare"

Then imagine a 20 year old who still hasn't passed O Levels , using mercenary for English Language! shocked mind you, previous year, she also used a merc who duped her and still failed.

I just knew this particular gal will bill you for every single thing even after paying her fees -

" I didn't go to school because no t.fare"

" I didn't go to exams, you need to pay for my mercenaries"

" I feel there's no point doing lectures since you didn't pay for textbooks"

She's the type that would drop out at 300 Level of a 4 year course , trying to blackmail you into paying something ridiculous and feel you wouldn't want to waste 3 years of funds. And be unapologetic about it.

She should marry your friend. angry

How old are you?

What is the correlation between giving a friend 1k for transport to a job interview and the leeches you attract and date?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Truths9ja: 10:50am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
since you have that #1k, you ought to have help him to transport himself to the venue of the interview. Like what some people said, we rise by lifting others. I know of someone that’s not a politician that gives out #5m to young lads that need help in a week not to talk of years he has been helping people to succeed in their destinies. Forget you are wrong for not giving him the transport money . It’s not funny in this harsh Tinubu economy. It’s very hard now . If you have the means to help, help and see how God almighty will help you when you are in need too.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:02am On Nov 29, 2023
atilla:
He was probably scamming u and didnt get any job invite.

1k scam grin

I don't think so, nothing 1k can do for you except little data subscription.
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2023
budaatum:

I think they expect you to help him more than he wants to help himself.

After you send him transport money and he gets the job, some will be here telling you to go and do the work for him too so he can get paid.

Some people can be nasty but the money involved is so negligible that it won't hurt s fly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Single And Looking To Meet The One. / So Confused About My Boyfriend- Pls Help / Help, Am Still A Virgin At 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.