Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos (56580 Views)

Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / How Caramelo Lounge Was Demolished In Abuja By FCTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaTruths:
Why would LSG wait for such massive structures to be completed before swooping in to demolish it?

It would take nothing less than 6 months on average for such projects to be completed, and they didn't come there to mark it ❌ as to stop work?

Wetin concern me.

This is the part I fault Lagos state government.

You have ministries and agencies tasked with such duties of ensuring the environmental and housing master plan is adhered to, yet they allow people erect structures, even take payments or bribes.

Well, this is an eyeopener to everyone to be more conscious of the housing and urban laws before erecting properties.

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Eriokanmi: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
happney65:
Money wey I go use buy land for Lagos,he better make I go use am carry olosho for pekas. grin grin grin

Lagos and Abuja. Those two Federal Capital cities. You just can't say.
Getting a house in lagos is a privilege. Here's is where things are happening . But before you buy that land, go to lands and do your findings. If its legit, ibtain your C of O. No Jupiter dares pull down your house. If they do, they must pay you back all the money you spent building the house after evaluating it and get you a place elsewhere, which you have a right to either accept or reject until you are satisfied with the place given.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by LordBillionz: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
happney65:
Money wey I go use buy land for Lagos,he better make I go use am carry olosho for pekas. grin grin grin

Swears
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by purplekayc(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chai
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by NoToPile: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Are we saying all those houses along that red arrow direction in the video are along a Canal path?

How on earth did people build on a Canal way? Like blocking it totally and building estates on the path.

Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Zaydbat: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Validated:
Who approved the building plan?
How much was paid to LASG for the approval?
Why is Tinubu's Bourdillon house, which clearly contravened the original Ikoyi masterplan not yet marked for demolition?
GO TO COURT.

2 Likes

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by johnjose68: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Validated:
Why is Tinubu's Bourdillon house, which clearly contravened the original Ikoyi masterplan not yet marked for demolition?

Your questions will be answered in 2031. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by LivingSage: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
You can mark that Tinubu's apartment for demolition yourself
Validated:

2 Likes

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You have rested your Lagos moniker wink

There are houses over 100 years old still standing in Lagos with no qualms. If you don't do the right thing, no matter how long it takes, you will face the consequences.

It's been days, weeks and months since they served them contravention notice, if you know what contravention notice means and how it works legally, you will not even ignorantly imply that those buildings have building approval documentation.

so u wake up one day and serve people contravention notice?

I'm happy u are talking about doing the right thing now that it works for u bt during the elections none of u wanted to hear about the right thing.

Those are estates and there is no way they will not have proper documents unless the government itself or its cabals are running an illegal rachet scheme.

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Nice2023(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
happney65:

Na Abuja and Abia I dey invest my money put.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by chopnaira: 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
rajiedreez:
How on earth did someone build something this massive and didn't have a legitimate building approval. Everybody that has something to do with securing the approval should be looked into. This is a very big damage
It's the mad rush for Lagos.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Mrtaye: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

There are houses over 100 years old still standing in Lagos with no qualms. If you don't do the right thing, no matter how long it takes, you will face the consequences.

It's been days, weeks and months since they served them contravention notice, if you know what contravention notice means and how it works legally, you will not even ignorantly imply that those buildings have building approval documentation.
So are you saying Lasbca didn't visit the building sites while they were still under construction to put their usual red and white tape
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Mrtaye: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
chopnaira:

Show us the proof of the bolded allegation.

Even in sane climes, you would be asking questions about who approved the building plan.
But Lasbca visits every building sites to put their red tapes and mark the buildings while still under construction....so no Lasbca presence
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by johnjose68: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
christejames:
Lagos state will surely regret this...

Makoko that needs urgent regeneration is completely neglected for this cosmetic approach at development.

They should ask Warri undecided

Ok, we will ask warri later...but for now let's finish the job at hand.

But wait, why does it concern you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by johnjose68: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mrtaye:

So are you saying Lasbca didn't visit the building sites while they were still under construction to put their usual red and white tape

Go and ask your grand father grin

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by chopnaira: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mrtaye:

They usually do but the builders ignore.
While the below is FHA controlled demolition, same rule applies.

Check the subtitles in the screenshot below or you can head to YouTube the watch the the video.

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by clearcrystal: 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
If LSG finally destroy the building, it shows how stu.pid they are. Two wrongs don't make a right.
This commissioner that feels happy when others cry
should be wary of the wrath of God.
Was he sleeping while this massive building is construction was going on?
All these anti people policies will not take us anywhere.
This cannot happen in a saner clime.

Billionairly:
That stupid boy that is a commisioner. Destroying all those properties is NOT the only option to fixing part ways for water drainage. Since the infaction has been grossly made and the destruction you are about to carry on will out way any positives how about you simply deepen the current drains and make new drainage and bill the current owners of buildings that have been built on the old drainage path. You have made enough point by the ones you have already destroyed, destroying thousands of house more is completely stupid.

The heart of your typical nigerian is very dark and wicked, rather that think of other ways to solve his only thoughts is destruction.

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by omoredia: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Hehe old-school english na English now? Wole is a mugu
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Kukutenla: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
It is obvious that a lot of people supporting LASG on this matter have never bought land in Lagos. Most lands bought in Lagos are purchased from Omo oniles or developers. Govt does not sell land to anyone.
It is after you buy land and get your deed of ownership or right of ownership that you reach out to the govt land ministry for CofO or building approval. In the Old Oyo state, what late Bola Ige did was that any new area had masterplans which were easily obtainable from the town planning agency or the LG offices.
So before you purchase land, you go to the LG or town planning to obtain the masterplan at little cost. There's nothing like that in Lagos.
If all those zombies supporting the govt have any sense, they should put pressure on LASG to have a website where all the masterplan for Lagos is uploaded so people can have access to it and will only require the services of a surveyor to interpret it for them.
All this one that after people finish building someone will come and say the place is marked for drainage is just wickedness. I watched the video and i did not see any built drainage. If it is planned, how come such info is not available until almost 50 units of houses are already built?
There is huge corruption in Lagos land usage and allocation. It needs to be swept clean instead of blaming the victims or turning it to a tribal matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by superCleanworks(m): 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
happney65:

Abuja Olosho master. I hail

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by olaolaking: 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
Validated:
You are a very dull student

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by chopnaira: 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
ImoleNaija:
Gbese re ooo angry

I'm familiar with some parts of the area covered by the drone & truly, some canal path has been sandfilled & made an Estate.
You can imagine. People are crazy buying into such area. It was clearly a natural drainage. When water can't find it's natural drainage, it would empty into the streets then everywhere becomes flooded, and these same people will open threads to laugh at how Lagos is flooding.

2 Likes

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Ubanz: 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
Such properties can never be built without building approval.
Lagos state ministry of land & development control can not exonerate themselves from such racketeering .

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by twilliamx(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaTruths:
Why would LSG wait for such massive structures to be completed before swooping in to demolish it?

It would take nothing less than 6 months on average for such projects to be completed, and they didn't come there to mark it ❌ as to stop work?

Why should you invest so much without doing all necessary due diligence?

Wetin concern me.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by twilliamx(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaTruths:

Wetin concern me.

Why should you invest so much without doing all necessary due diligence
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Dennisochampa: 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
As long as it doesn't target any particular person, persons, tribe or member of opposition parties, demolish them all if they are blocking water ways.
The wind of recovery will blow alot of people away
Both good and bad..... We all will be alright

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Mandate1: 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
The question remains, whr are the govt agencies when these structures are being erected?

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by chopnaira: 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kukutenla:
It is obvious that a lot of people supporting LASG on this matter have never bought land in Lagos. Most lands bought in Lagos are purchased from Omo oniles or developers. Govt does not sell land to anyone.
It is after you buy land and get your deed of ownership or right of ownership that you reach out to the govt land ministry for CofO or building approval. In the Old Oyo state, what late Bola Ige did was that any new area had masterplans which were easily obtainable from the town planning agency or the LG offices.
So before you purchase land, you go to the LG or town planning to obtain the masterplan at little cost. There's nothing like that in Lagos.
If all those zombies supporting the govt have any sense, they should put pressure on LASG to have a website where all the masterplan for Lagos is uploaded so people can have access to it and will only require the services of a surveyor to interpret it for them.
All this one that after people finish building someone will come and say the place is marked for drainage is just wickedness. I watched the video and i did not see any built drainage. If it is planned, how come such info is not available until almost 50 units of houses are already built?
There is huge corruption in Lagos land usage and allocation. It needs to be swept clean instead of blaming the victims or turning it to a tribal matter.
All these explanation should be left for the court room not Nairaland 🤣
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
happney65:

Bad guy,

Wetin you go pekas go find
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by almarthins(m): 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaTruths:

Wetin concern me.

They let the person build am finish and come and demolish it.

Nigerians have lost the sense of governance. The people in govt institutions can't tell us that they place appeared out of the blue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida / Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? / Tree Falls On Man's Bed In Delta Moments After Waking Up. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.