Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos (56581 Views)

Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / How Caramelo Lounge Was Demolished In Abuja By FCTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Fearyourcreator: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You have rested your Lagos moniker wink

There are houses over 100 years old still standing in Lagos with no qualms. If you don't do the right thing, no matter how long it takes, you will face the consequences.

It's been days, weeks and months since they served them contravention notice, if you know what contravention notice means and how it works legally, you will not even ignorantly imply that those buildings have building approval documentation.
We were discussing this thing Sir Wole said here yesterday
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by adamusuleiman1: 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

if they do not have then they must be the pure definition of MADNESS
Welcome to Nigeria. A country where people do crazy things and think they can always bribe or sort their way out. They were warned when the building was at foundation, they continued building thinking they were above the law.

During the FHA (Federal housing Authority) demolition in Festac area a few days ago, some of the ilegal building owners were trying to bribe government officials with money as high as 50million naira. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Watch the video below where the lady from FHA said they warned them when building was at foundation, but the builders ignored and continue building. Lawlessness is too much in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHRX4deFvvM?si=66QTtpJlU6gFfsSN

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Fearyourcreator: 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
Corn247:
This is too much!!

How can you build something like this without govt approval??
people dey take risk o
Watch the video , them still wan bribe the commissioner again... Nigerians madt gan se ...
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

I tire. The clowns think Lagos Gov would just move bulldozers and demolish properties in places like Banana Island or demolish a Billionaire Okeowo's property without some court approval. There are lots of retards on this thread.
You calling people Clown you seem to be a bigger clown, cant you see you got your wires crossed here? If I have approval from the Lagos state government why would my house then be demolished if indeed, I have a genuine building approval? or are you insinuating that the Lagos state government is demolishing and targeting certain people or just being a pure bully? cos from where I'm standing you are on the fence here mate!
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Mandate1: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

Bross relax, this is a know fact, some areas outrightly do not even sell land to you if you are not of that origin, Even to trade is hard
name the place sir.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by adamusuleiman1: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

You calling people Clown you seem to be a bigger clown, cant you see you got your wires crossed here? If I have approval from the Lagos state government why would my house then be demolished if indeed, I have a genuine building approval? or are you insinuating that the Lagos state government is demolishing and targeting certain people or just being a pure bully? cos from where I'm standing you are on the fence here mate!
You don't have the necessary approvals. If you do, no Jupiter on earth can take down that building. That's a Fact.

Why has no one taken up the challenge of the Lagos Commisioner?
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mandate1:
name the place sir.
Enugu state, Onu Asata to be précised Opp Obi Agu

2 Likes

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Mandate1: 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

Enugu state, Onu Asata to be précised Opp Obi Agu
Oga go sleep, u no get money. Dey yarn dust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

You don't have it. If you do, no Jupiter on earth can take down that building. That's a Fact.

Why has no one taken up the challenge of the Lagos Commisioner?
Now this was why I made the statement I made, so someone building that kind of house i n such area cannot spend change to get it approved? or do due diligence? This was what I was asking the other OP
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by ayotade09(m): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
Validated:
Who approved the building plan?
How much was paid to LASG for the approval?
Why is Tinubu's Bourdillon house, which clearly contravened the original Ikoyi masterplan not yet marked for demolition?
no be for nairialand you go dey ask this question you no go like go lagos state House of assembly

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mandate1:
Oga go sleep, u no get money. Dey yarn dust.
Well you said name the area I did now you got vexed you could not deffend it,I was a student @ ESUTH then and my Uncle who was the commandant of the 82 Div wanted to buy a land to build a hostel so that 12 of us from his village can live in peace them lot got into a meeting and came out with rubbish xcuse of not selling land to non-indigene talking of the Nnamani family, Hey owned that areas Onu Asata. This was i n 1995.

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by adamusuleiman1: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

Now this was why I made the statement I made, so someone building that kind of house i n such area cannot spend change to get it approved? or do due diligence? This was what I was asking the other OP
"Penny wise, pound foolish". Those lands were acquired at a cheaper cost than what they would have been if they were legal lands.

They offering bribes as high as 50 million naira is further proof that they are not the brightest bulb in the shed. It seems you don't live in Nigeria or have left Nigeria a long time ago.

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by adamusuleiman1: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
ayotade09:
no be for nairialand you go dey ask this question you no go like go lagos state House of assembly
Lol
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Mandate1: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

Well you said name the area I did now you got vexed you could not deffend it,I was a student @ ESUTH then and my Uncle who was the commandant of the 82 Div wanted to buy a land to build a hostel so that 12 of us from his village can live in peace them lot got into a meeting and came out with rubbish xcuse of not selling land to non-indigene talking of the Nnamani family, Hey owned that areas Onu Asata. This was i n 1995.
I still repeat u don't have money sir.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

"Penny wise, pound foolish". Those lands were acquired at a cheaper cost than what they would have been if they were legal land.

They are also offering bribes as high as 50million is further proof that they are not the brightest bulb in the shed. It seems you don't live in Nigeria or have left Nigeria a long time ago.

Well sadly These shown on the drone are clearly built by Housing developers who either sold off plan or at completion.SO the new owners do not have a clue of what's going on, would it not be the responsibility for the Govt to make sure people do not fall into such problems as I'm sure the houses are insured by the developers. Now you say Bribe well then if the official were truly bribed then it means they have the original seals on the paper, and if that is true don't you agree that the ministry should take a good look at their officials and do the needful by clearing out their own mess? my view though.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mandate1:
I still repeat u don't have money sir.
you must be very Dull or lack comprehension, How can I have money in 1995 when I just gained admission and I was barely a teenager, you think I was selling tyre like you? or you going to say a person like Major General Mujakpero in charge of the 82 Division Enugu did not have money to buy ordinary 100x100 then?
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by egoldman(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
LifestyleTonite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCqaBolPTcc?si=-uRefVqr-19CHTdA

The video above was shared by the Lagos State Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab, to showing the level of encroachment of waterways and canals by real Estate developers in Lagos.

He wrote on social media,

"A drone footage of the encroachment of the drainage channel on System 156 (fully built) Igbo-Efon to Ikota channel in Lekki. Red arrow indicator showing the extent of encroachment and total blockade and diversion of system 156 Into system 157 by the developers and property owners. All the structures were fully built on the setbacks and alignment which is clearly an alteration of the Drainage Master Plan along the area.

"We have served several contravention notices and enforcement will begin after the expiration of the contravention notices."

Who gave them building permit?
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by jogojogo: 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
christejames:
Lagos state will surely regret this...

Makoko that needs urgent regeneration is completely neglected for this cosmetic approach at development.

They should ask Warri undecided
Get out!
You know better than the Government

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

Welcome to Nigeria. A country where people do crazy things and think they can always bribe or sort their way out. They were warned when the building was at foundation, they continued building thinking they were above the law.

During the FHA (Federal housing Authority) demolition in Festac area a few days ago, some of the ilegal building owners were trying to bribe government officials with money as high as 50million naira. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Watch the video below where the lady from FHA said they warned them when building was at foundation, but the builders ignored and continue building. Lawlessness is too much in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHRX4deFvvM?si=66QTtpJlU6gFfsSN
This is madness,when I was redesigning my house I changed the location of the security house, and the usual people from state house came to me to stop work, I said ok I will but i will get it approved, they said nooooo I should give them 100K that way they will issue me papers to cover it, I said no dont worry I got a car I can drive myself to the planning office, I did paid 200k in all got it approved and aded to my plan since then They just pass my site as if there is no house there. This is a sound warning for those of us living abroad and building or buying back home in Nigeria, open your eyes and be wise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by adamusuleiman1: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

Well sadly These shown on the drone are clearly built by Housing developers who either sold off plan or at completion.SO the new owners do not have a clue of what's going on, would it not be the responsibility for the Govt to make sure people do not fall into such problems as I'm sure the houses are insured by the developers. Now you say Bribe well then if the official were truly bribed then it means they have the original seals on the paper, and if that is true don't you agree that the ministry should take a good look at their officials and do the needful by clearing out their own mess? my view though.
Government actually does sensitization programs. I almost fell for one of those developers marketing tricks. Please not that not all the development are being demolished but a few here and there that are encroaching right of way, too close to drainage, e.t.c.

The developers are 100% aware, but out of greed, they would sell a corner lot close to a drainage or right of way, for like say 50% of the price of other buildings that are not encroaching. The buyer would think he or she is getting a bargain. The sellers fault is for not doing their due diligence properly. The developers should be prosecuted in my opinion. Due to greed, 200 million naira here, 100 million over there quickly adds up.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by adamusuleiman1: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

This is madness,when I was redesigning my house I changed the location of the security house, and the usual people from state house came to me to stop work, I said ok I will but i will get it approved, they said nooooo I should give them 100K that way they will issue me papers to cover it, I said no dont worry I got a car I can drive myself to the planning office, I did paid 200k in all got it approved and aded to my plan since then They just pass my site as if there is no house there. This is a sound warning for those of us living abroad and building or buying back home in Nigeria, open your eyes and be wise.
100%.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

Government actually does sensitization problems. I almost fell for one of those developers marketing tricks. Please not that not all the development are being demolished but a few here and there that are encroaching right of way, too close to drainage, e.t.c.

The developers are 100% aware, but out of greed, they would sell a corner lot close to a drainage for like say 50% of the price of other buildings that are not encroaching. The seller would think he or she is getting a bargain. The sellers fault is for not doing their due diligence properly. The developers should be prosecuted in my opinion. Due to greed, 200 million naira here, 100 million over there quickly adds up.
Well I agree, also the govt can do more buy uploading the master plan since its called system this and system that for free on its website for anyone to view..In Rivers and the whole of Niger Delta there is a master plan for all oil pipeline route.

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Mandate1: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

you must be very Dull or lack comprehension, How can I have money in 1995 when I just gained admission and I was barely a teenager, you think I was selling tyre like you? or you going to say a person like Major General Mujakpero in charge of the 82 Division Enugu did not have money to buy ordinary 100x100 then?
he doesn't have money sir.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by adamusuleiman1: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
erico2k2:

Well I agree, also the govt can do more buy uploading the master plan since its called system this and system that for free on its website for anyone to view..In Rivers and the whole of Niger Delta there is a master plan for all oil pipeline route.
I agree.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by page9(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaTruths:
Why would LSG wait for such massive structures to be completed before swooping in to demolish it?

It would take nothing less than 6 months on average for such projects to be completed, and they didn't come there to mark it ❌ as to stop work?

Wetin concern me.

I am not a fan of Tinubu or Sanwo Olu, I do not think they are the best men for the Jobs, both at state and federal, but for now we just have to bear some of their ineptitudes.

That said, Nigerians are always happy to break the laws, especially if they believe they have some "connections".

There are instances where ongoing properties have been marked with " Stop Work Order" and the builders continue even at a much higher pace.

In a reasonable environment, the residents of that vicinity who will ultimately bear the consequences of flood will alert the government and as a united community, will prevent the erection of these buildings along waterways.

We also need to realize that no govt, state or federal, has enough personnel to be everywhere, everyone is quick to say, "why did it take so long for the govt to wait for those building illegally to be told to stop.

We all know what is right and wrong, we can feign ignorance at our expense.

It is safer to buy land in a safer area, and make the effort to verify if the land is free of any encumbrances. It is better to do your due diligence and be sure you are not ignorantly sinking your money down the drain.

Many will leave liabilities for their children instead of assets. Because the children will not be able to inherit such troubled assets and by the time it is dawned on the owner, that the govt has to demolish such property, he may not be in a financial state to re-build again, he may have retired or become too old to build, such calamity tends to damage the mental and the physical health. The pain of moving from a land lord in lekki to a tenant in Ajangbadi can kill faster than Covid 19.

A word is enough for the wise, if you successfully erected illegal building in the first, second, third year, nemesis will always catch up with you sooner or later. It may be your tenth year that a new govt where you know nobody will come and destroy the building.

It is cheaper on the long run to do it right, than to keep bribing your ways to sustain what is illegally built, what if you die? Would you expect your children to keep doing it the same way?

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaTruths:
Why would LSG wait for such massive structures to be completed before swooping in to demolish it?

It would take nothing less than 6 months on average for such projects to be completed, and they didn't come there to mark it ❌ as to stop work?

Wetin concern me.

If they refuse to stop after being several warnings what do you expect the government to do? Simply wait for them to finish and bring the structure down.

You will think the agency in charge of stopping them do not go around to warn them right from when they start from foundation but I can confidently tell you dey do but these house owners will start going round to get Judas in high places that will take bribes and give them a fake approval or call off the boys who go to the sites to ask them to stop work

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Bluffly: 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
Validated:
Why is Tinubu's Bourdillon house, which clearly contravened the original Ikoyi masterplan not yet marked for demolition?
Building plan approval is different. Let's talk about the layout given to the developers. All developers should tender their approved layouts. It will show that they knowingly encroached. Every Estate has an approved layout.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by Larryndelaw: 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Validated:
That shows how myopic you. Why should someone buy the land in the first place
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
Mandate1:
he doesn't have money sir.
I just realised you have no clue U can now foxtrot Oscar!
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by josite: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
Validated:

Trust me if I'm tinubu and u say my house is in.the path of the canal ,I will allow u to demolish it since the key of your CBN.is in my pocket.
Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by CJStarz: 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Demolition without some form of compensation is nothing short of wickedness and vindictiveness.
God is watching.

1 Like

Re: Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Larryndelaw:
That shows how myopic you. Why should someone buy the land in the first place
I do not think this is the right argument though.If the land was a virgin land and the setback was meant to be say 10 feet, how does one measure 10ft on a river line that is not defined?? cos for encroachment to happen there must be defined co-ordinates or don't you think so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida / Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? / Tree Falls On Man's Bed In Delta Moments After Waking Up. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.