Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (62908 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by ATEAMS: 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2023
Na beelle b man.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Boyooosa(m): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2023
Can u imagine?

The challenge is not even the cost nor the value of the items but the time spent to earn the money....shocked to the bones!

Any job / business that gives you N15k net per hour Must be a multimillion naira job...N37.8m per annum

8 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Sirianese: 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked

An hour minimum wage in Nigeria cannot buy that vegetable oil

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by oka4ugoo: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
E
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by femi4: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
Did she tell you she pays rent monthly for as much as 1000 pounds....dey play

Outside food, everything is damn expensive
Council tax, tv licence, power n gas bill are recurring expenditure that dem no born you well make you skip a month

6 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by gerrardomendes(m): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
Ok
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by izubext007: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
This small thing is close to 16k

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by raskymonojendor: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
What about rent?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jonahhh: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.

They sell fake food tho , that's why its cheap... the quality knows and not GMOs are expensive
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2023
I'm on the way (OTW) to join U guys overseas. It ain't easy.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by richiemcgold: 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2023
£10 should be around N20k.
You can also get these same provisions in Nigeria at such price.
But for you to earn such amount in Nigeria, you have to work for like 2.5 weeks (approximately).
Minimum wage in Nigeria is N30k per month.

11 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by deavicky(m): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2023
If that thing I'm seeing is onion it means Nigeria minimum wage for a month can't buy all in that basket.

9 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by FreeStuffsNG: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:
You're living in hell so move to UK. Sebi the grass is always greener on the other side. Smh.

That sense, most of you must get it o so you can tell your children.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Laopangjiaspice: 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:

MOST OF THOSE THINGS ARE IMPORTED OOOO

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by femi4: 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2023
jonahhh:

They sell fake food tho , that's why its cheap... the quality knows and not GMOs are expensive
Exactly, fake and unfresh food

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Meerahbel: 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:
Lol don't let social media deceive you.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jrusky(m): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2023
Ok we know so what is your point now?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by eluquenson(m): 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
AfahaAbia:
All you ignorant folks here talking like you know what happens in the UK and USA. In the USA and UK foods is very cheap. Food there is nothing. Have you heard of food banks? They give food for free. I personally use to do dumpster diving in those days as a student (Google dumpster diving) come see fresh food na that people no longer need. My fridge was usually full with all kinds of foods... Light bill, water bill, etc that is the Koko. You go pay tire!!! It's only in Nigeria I see so much ignorance.
The bottom line of the op is PURCHASING POWER, with all the bills in UK, if you work just 5 days a week paid with just the minimum wage, you are good to go. But in Nigeria work 5 days a week with Nigerian minimum wage, you will be just like the Lawma staff begging for alms.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Meerahbel: 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
richiemcgold:
£10 should be around N20k.
You can also get these same provisions in Nigeria at such price.
But for you to earn such amount in Nigeria, you have to work for like 2.5 weeks (approximately).
Minimum wage in Nigeria is N30k per month.
Yes, check out Timart e-commerce they are doing something great

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Mandate1: 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food
is rent cheap in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by pafun(m): 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:

Poor people shop at LIDL
To the shopper I dedicate Take Your Time by Iska Tribe from Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/track/25TlMIRKoxOKpegEiDft2Z?si=97cb606a3eae4377
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Justicecreft: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2023
You can confidently make £10 an hour in Nigeria if you have the right skill, especially if you are into trading forex/crypto

4 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by reiddecuti: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2023
Welcome to renewed Shege.

Nigerians must get sense by fire by force...

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Programmer47: 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2023
This is the minimum wage for an hour.
€10 = N12,000 or thereabout.
A days wage , give or take = €10 × 5 : €50 : N60k.
In a day, the average Briton earns more than most Nigerians do in a month.

This is why they can afford to pay tax , light bills and the other bills. You can practically see what you are paying for.

12 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Apel147(m): 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2023
Your own tribalism stinks, how can you be complaining over what you are doing? Come out plainly and say obi is the messiah and receive knocks on this your flat head! Allow make we hear word! UK has been civilized for more than 1000 yrs, compare Nigeria with her own peers!

marlow1962:
Nigerian minimum wage can't even buy their local bag of rice (what a very big shame).
Nigerian citizen will continue living in hell until they stop praising their slave masters, but for now let tribalism do his thing, when everybody is done insulting themselves over these punks politicians who don't give a Bleep about you, them we can talk business.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:

This is roughly 10,000 naira when converted to naira, still the naira equivalent cannot get these items in Nigeria. What a shame... angry

The way people are subjected by oppressive policies to living in Nigeria is a crime against humanity.

It is completely unacceptable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Arakunrinvital(m): 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2023
honour7:
It depends on the Job he is doing her in Nigeria we're i work, I only work 2hours a week and salary is in six figures
Sir
I need this kind of work too
I'm a student and a graphics designer
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by econity(m): 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.

Buying any other thing like what?

Is it electronics or car or original clothes?
Is it building material or home decor?
Is it fuel or gas now?
Even quality education is not even cheaper in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by adecz: 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2023
Food is usually the cheapest
thing in most western countries.

The problem area na accommodation,
fueling, utilities, services and tax. They
are waiting for you at every turn. That's
why, the average Japa person needs to
keep several jobs to survive❗️❗️❗️

For 9ja, if you are street smart, you
can usually find your way round those
problem areas.

You can bypass NEPA lines, avoid taxes,
do hide and seek with your landlord and
go and be fetching water 🚿from the house
of the neighborhood big man that has
borehole🚿

You try any of those stuff abroad and
you find yourself in jail or you're homeless
on the streets..

Oyibo nor sabi abeg❗️❗️😁😁😁

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Whalis: 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
AfahaAbia:
All you ignorant folks here talking like you know what happens in the UK and USA. In the USA and UK foods is very cheap. Food there is nothing. Have you heard of food banks? They give food for free. I personally use to do dumpster diving in those days as a student (Google dumpster diving) come see fresh food na that people no longer need. My fridge was usually full with all kinds of foods... Light bill, water bill, etc that is the Koko. You go pay tire!!! It's only in Nigeria I see so much ignorance.
That I see on that cart is far beyond £10. That chicken is about £6. The bread is £3. They are deceiving those who haven't travelled before. A play of food in UK is about £20.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Antoeni(m): 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
Almost 13k
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Helgreenluv(m): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food
Leave dey op make e dey deceive himself. He thinks life is easy in the UK. He must be a slowpoke to think such. Tax, rent, electricity bills, gas bills are enough to show him shege pro max. The rent is even paid on weekly basis.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.