Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,554 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (62917 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Sillymoderators: 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2023
Pathokpo:
This life no balance. Come 2025 Nigerians will be able to afford this with one hour minimum wage. Somebody shout amen. In agbado we believe.
There must surly be a mumu person on every thread.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Ropostic120(m): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cursed leaders imposed on a country by cursed followers will always make a cursed nation.
A case study of Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Bluffly: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
muyico:
Greediness of our leaders and rich powerful people in dis nation, made it worst for poor man to breath
It is everybody that is greedy not just the leaders

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Melagros(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:

How about here where both feeding and rent is very costly? You pay for utilities here and you don't even get them lipsrsealed
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Panda7(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
Lies from the pits of hell. No be only £10 na 10kobo. If an hour job can buy you these, it means a day job is enough to open a bakery. Global food prices have really crashed and the UK produce enough to feed itself.

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by RUDEBOYY(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
Now someone will come here and say we should convert it to naira....
Dis is what an hour work can get for him.
Being a Nigerian just seems as being under a life punishment for a crime you have no idea about

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by CoronaVirusPro: 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2023
The Uk government still need to explain why cigarettes are expensive compared to other countries!

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by UnfairLife7(m): 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food
Thank God you know Nigeria is useless. If homeless people can feed but here in Nigeria, an average Nigerians cannot afford 3 square meal daily

What a country

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Komu1048(m): 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2023
muyico:
Greediness of our leaders and rich powerful people in dis nation, made it worst for poor man to breath

Only people who works steady in Ikoyi n v. I area can relate

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Praktikals(m): 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked
Thats not a fair way to compare things. Also ask him how much he pays for rent and compare it to yours. His 1 year rent can be your own 50 years lol

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Single2Mingle: 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry

Look carefully, which of the goods did they import? Even the raw material (wheat) used in making it may have only been imported from a country whose currency is lower than the UK (e.g. £1 = 46+ Ukraine currency.)

Check the price of what they imported like Yam, etc.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Magabush1(m): 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2023
Oga ,if you convert to naira, that's #14k in Nigerian currency . #14k can buy everything there and you will still have change

Westchester:

4 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Sillymoderators: 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2023
muyico:
Even you as a citizen is worst than the leaders.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2023
marlow1962:
Nigerian minimum wage can't even buy their local bag of rice (what a very big shame).
Nigerian citizen will continue living in hell until they stop praising their slave masters, but for now let tribalism do his thing, when everybody is done insulting themselves over these punks politicians who don't give a Bleep about you, them we can talk business.

That is an hour minimum wage not even a month salary

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2023
This is effect of working country, unlike Nigeria? It’s expensive buying garri in the market. Everything is damn expensive
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by ClearFlair: 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cruise777:

How much is bread in Nigeria? But food is not the Koko...you people should start your own comedy show

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2023
oladele239:

That's how it's meant to be , but in this corntree even food is a rare commodity. It's almost like the system is designed to strangulate its citizenry !
Na yeye country

That is why people are just slumping to death anyhow on the streets due to severe lack of nutrition.

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by stagger: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:

How much will ten pound sterling (N14,500) buy you in Naija? It will buy you roughly the same. The problem is that wages in Nigeria are too low and the purchasing power of the populace is weak.

The solution? Pick up a digital skill and serve the foreign market like I have been doing for nearly 14 years. I don't know what is called inflation. It costs me $30 to fill up my car tank. One Sunday article I do for one client that takes me 30 mins pays me twice that amount. Thirty minutes work buys me a full tank for a week.

Is God not wonderful?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by StemCellTherapi(m): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2023
I watched the video on Instagram yesterday and I shouted.

Things are really cheap in that UK oo..

Just look at one hour pay of 10 Pounds.

See the plenty things.

The girl even spent the remaining "pence/coins" like say tomorrow no dey.

People are enjoying in UK.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by abba190: 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2023
Nigeria is truly a hell on earth. i work 12hours 7-7 i swear to god my daily pay will not buy those items

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Evolutionism: 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2023
Normal Things.

Food is supposed to be surplus.

It is well with you Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2023
Persephone1:
You are right about that... At least food should be made available and affordable that even the poorest should be able to buy.

Eh ? grin cheesy
They don't care at all! Wetin concern them? cheesy

Middle class struggling to feed cheesy what an eyesore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by loswhite(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cruise777:

Can the wages there afford the rent? That's the koko question so leave all those Nigerians that keep foolishly saying my light bill alone is 100k naira...lol. How can you earning pounds and call your bills in naira ...lol. is that not madness?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

The difference is that everyone can afford that in the UK why you are talking about job that is only accessible to 1 percent of the population.
Thanks for your divine reply

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Goddyrichie(m): 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2023
descarado:

Lots of things are very cheap in uk. The joy is you can get the expensive yet very good ones in charity shops if you know your onions. So you can literally furnish your house like a big man from charity shops. Some of the things there haven't been used but they are obeying the law of the land.
Also the so called bills are okay unless you are illegal who don't have a good job.
And you can still save a lot.

The problem with Nigerian is when they travel abroad, they want to show they have hammered and go on speedy credits. Big car,big mortgage,big everything all on credit. And then blame govt.
UK govt subsidised almost everything for her people cos they do not run capitalist economy.
Health is free. We don't add that at all.
We see that as our right. Very ungrateful people we are.

Even schooling. Govt is virtually sponsoring you in uni if you meet the requirement.

We are never satisfied.
Next April, an increment in minimum wage. How many times has Nigerian govt done that?
wo don’t waste ur energy to talk to those people again I know they will support d government base on tribalism and religion or they benefit from them I do two work everyday 8am-6pm in a feedmill then security work from 7pm to 8am my salary altogether is 50k food alone done carry half of d money go nepa bill Dey there my two siblings still Dey there as d first born wey i b

5 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by cezarman(m): 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2023
Na before we go say Nigeria dey affordable or manageable compared to these countries.

Mehn like this now ehn... Naija expensive die. Whether food oh, rent, clothe, babe...
I dey shock for how much person dey spend per day. If one source of income fall na yawa be that oh!

Then consider how hard it is to make good money, start up a business or get a job here. It doesn't match at all.

Omoh angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
femi4:
Did she tell you she pays rent monthly for as much as 1000 pounds....dey play

Outside food, everything is damn expensive
Council tax, tv licence, power n gas bill are recurring expenditure that dem no born you well make you skip a month

Let it be like that in Nigeria I don't think anyone will complain of hardship

5 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by tctrills: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.
You need to eat before you start buying other things.
And many other things are cheaper in the US and UK.

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by abba190: 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2023
Praktikals:

Thats not a fair way to compare things. Also ask him how much he pays for rent and compare it to yours. His 1 year rent can be your own 50 years lol
why rent over there is so expensive dont have enough space to build more houses

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by djkirkoo2(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cruise777:

if you work for 6hrs/day for 30 days, that's 10x6x30= £1,800. Rent is around £500. So £1,800-500 = £1,300. So, what's the koko about cost of rent there? £1,300 = N1,560,000 you have left in your pocket monthly o. Honestly, Nigeria is hell....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
Sirianese:

An hour minimum wage in Nigeria cannot buy that vegetable oil
Nooo....

It can't even buy an egg! shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by thatigboman: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
Sirianese:

An hour minimum wage in Nigeria cannot buy that vegetable oil
very funny. True though

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.