Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,567 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (62918 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Bfly: 4:14pm On Mar 23
Sebi Dem say fufu na 1 pound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by standfit007: 4:56am On Mar 24
Water, electricity, gas, refuse dumping (council tax should be covering), etc are man by workers and they also purchase various materials to deliver the services. Why would some be angry that he is been charged for them? Or do you wish it is subsidized? I’m not clear why water, insurance, parking bill, tv license, council tax are useless in the diaspora; I mean these collections are done and utilized. Note, my point is not about the items(tax items) in themselves but that when paid, as a citizen you will get value. Why won’t I gladly pay for them? Why should I call them useless? These “useless” bills are enacted, so you have an input to make in the process of the legislation, so if you don’t know and it is passed, you don’t call them “useless” because they have a well thought aim albeit it may not be “right” in a couple of people’s judgement and Moreso may not be the absolute best option but it is what is attainable; don’t forget enactment are “living” docs implying they can be repealed or otherwise. Just to remind you, Of course, these taxes and licenses are here in Naija too or you don’t know that bus drivers pay radio license across all states of the federation? When I pay for a services, I have a right to question its quality etc. None of these things are free in Naija; the free-thing mentality by way of reckless life(dodging bills or by-pass by electricity users) without consequences are some of the things that have somehow become culturally wrong with us a a people and this is a bane of development that have held out balls to still be classified as “undeveloped”. We are not ready with the way most of us don’t want to pay for service but want the government to “spoon feed” us; no doubt about purchasing powers exacerbated by all the reasons that we all know. We know these ills but we get angry that there is no difference when we are not ready to align our basic cultural deficits. Bro, pay bills and continue seeing value, or come back to this our reckless society so that you won’t pay bills n be seeing shege pro max lol

femi4:
You will never understand until you know that things that are free here ain't free over there and most times these bills are monthly

Water bill, insurance, council tax, tv licence parking bill and other useless bills. Also the more you work , the more the tax you pay
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by femi4: 11:28am On Mar 24
standfit007:
Water, electricity, gas, refuse dumping (council tax should be covering), etc are man by workers and they also purchase various materials to deliver the services. Why would some be angry that he is been charged for them? Or do you wish it is subsidized? I’m not clear why water, insurance, parking bill, tv license, council tax are useless in the diaspora; I mean these collections are done and utilized. Note, my point is not about the items(tax items) in themselves but that when paid, as a citizen you will get value. Why won’t I gladly pay for them? Why should I call them useless? These “useless” bills are enacted, so you have an input to make in the process of the legislation, so if you don’t know and it is passed, you don’t call them “useless” because they have a well thought aim albeit it may not be “right” in a couple of people’s judgement and Moreso may not be the absolute best option but it is what is attainable; don’t forget enactment are “living” docs implying they can be repealed or otherwise. Just to remind you, Of course, these taxes and licenses are here in Naija too or you don’t know that bus drivers pay radio license across all states of the federation? When I pay for a services, I have a right to question its quality etc. None of these things are free in Naija; the free-thing mentality by way of reckless life(dodging bills or by-pass by electricity users) without consequences are some of the things that have somehow become culturally wrong with us a a people and this is a bane of development that have held out balls to still be classified as “undeveloped”. We are not ready with the way most of us don’t want to pay for service but want the government to “spoon feed” us; no doubt about purchasing powers exacerbated by all the reasons that we all know. We know these ills but we get angry that there is no difference when we are not ready to align our basic cultural deficits. Bro, pay bills and continue seeing value, or come back to this our reckless society so that you won’t pay bills n be seeing shege pro max lol

You don't get it. We work to earn a living not to pay bills. It's called a rat race, you can't go on leave , you can't afford to be without income for a month, your life stopped literally. You get charged more even when these bills piled up.

It makes no sense spending 80% of your income on bills, you are a tragedy waiting to happen
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by standfit007: 9:24pm On Mar 24
Pay bills andbe happy. Plan on how to increase yourincome. You and i will continue to pay bills. It's maximising our expenses and seeking to increase income that's the way forward. Bills mostlyappear too much when income isnt meeting basics or living equal to or above income sir.

femi4:
You don't get it. We work to earn a living not to pay bills. It's called a rat race, you can't go on leave , you can't afford to be without income for a month, your life stopped literally. You get charged more even when these bills piled up.

It makes no sense spending 80% of your income on bills, you are a tragedy waiting to happen
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by femi4: 9:36pm On Mar 25
standfit007:
Pay bills andbe happy. Plan on how to increase yourincome. You and i will continue to pay bills. It's maximising our expenses and seeking to increase income that's the way forward. Bills mostlyappear too much when income isnt meeting basics or living equal to or above income sir.

You are just unrealistic. Increase in income is not feasible where unemployment rate is high.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by standfit007: 4:32am On Mar 26
I am thinking you juwant to complain only, not ready to seek solutions. If you have increase income, you will pay your bills and have more savings if you manage your expenses. Get a boost to your skills set to command more income and diversify your income into other incomes streams and be happy. If you’re on a job or business that has low patronage or not a “high priority “ list, consider other options to get improvements to become sought after to beat the competition in the “unemployment”, What is unrealistic in this approach ?
femi4:
You are just unrealistic. Increase in income is not feasible where unemployment rate is high.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.