Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (62916 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by steeltrust: 12:19am On Dec 04, 2023
CookieBrown:

The 2022 Chevrolet Malibu tank capacity is 15.8 gallons (Fuel capacity).
https://www.autonationchevroletpembrokepines.com/models/2022-chevrolet-malibu

The price of gas in the U.S is 3.54 USD per gallon
https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/USA/gasoline_prices/

A full tank will cost 55.9 USD.

Therefore, it is safe to conclude you're a damn liar. And of course your wife does not own a Chevy Malibu. Nigerians and lying. All talk with no facts.

----------------Your original text below just in case you try to change it----------------------

My wife drives a 2022 Chevy malabu
It takes only 13$ to fill up the tank
That about 13-14k naira
But for naija if I no hold 40k I never even start

----------------Your original text below just in case you try to change it----------------------
when you cry finish
Lemme know 😂🤣

Online researcher 😂🤣
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Rashman578(m): 12:20am On Dec 04, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food
Do homeless people get free food in Nigeria?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by StainlessCup: 12:21am On Dec 04, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.
things like what? You forget we almost produce nothing here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Probz(m): 12:40am On Dec 04, 2023
marlow1962:
Nigerian minimum wage can't even buy their local bag of rice (what a very big shame).
Nigerian citizen will continue living in hell until they stop praising their slave masters, but for now let tribalism do his thing, when everybody is done insulting themselves over these punks politicians who don't give a Bleep about you, them we can talk business.

20kg rice doesn’t come cheap, let-alone t’50kg bags that are generally sold for Naija.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Probz(m): 12:41am On Dec 04, 2023
StainlessCup:
things like what? You forget we almost produce nothing here in Nigeria.

We produce Abakaliki rice and Ofada rice (the good brands of local rice; local Anambra rice is trash). Oron (Akwa Ibom) crayfish. The truth is Nigeria has so much resource-richness.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by d142475: 3:43am On Dec 04, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

is it Every time you go they eat African food?, and if you must eat it, can't you look for some one to export it to you? those foods like bread, pasta, noodles, rice, is something we eat here also, only few African food aren't there. An average African can eat any of bread, rice, pasta, noodles in 2 days, once fish and meat that gives protein is there. You go just add African dishes like once in a day. Probably morning because of the cold.

The point theY were trying to make is that the same amount won't be able to buy the same quantity of those items in Nigeria( In other words, food is more expensive in Nigeria).
I made the point that those items are foreign food, so if they are more expensive in Nigeria, it is reasonable. If you took 10k to the market, you should be able to get a reasonable qauntity of our local food ( local rice, beans, egusi or beni seed, palm oil, grounded cassava, cray fish etc).
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by d142475: 3:46am On Dec 04, 2023
20kg rice doesn’t come cheap, let-alone t’50kg bags that are generally sold for Naija.[/quote]

20 Kg rice in the UK is not cheap either. I bet you it's more than 5 pounds, if not close to 10.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by donogaga(m): 7:17am On Dec 04, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.

What do you mean by 'try buy anything outside food" lol.

Even clean cars here, it's far far cheaper than naija. I saw the prices of naija used cars recently, honestly I was shocked..... Everything now na million million million for naija. E no easy.

Truth is, you can't compare UK and Naija. Naija is far far far FAR behind in the scheme of things. The money you make here in a day would be enough to feed you and your family for a whole month.

The difference is absolutely clear.

If you actually desire a better quality of life, then you have to japa. That's the truth.

Even the environment in naija is polluted. Every kind of pollution you can think of.

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2023
Akano5:

it's seriously paining me that I don't have money to travel for studies and i'm still young at 20...

we have those people in Nigeria which they're not tired of suffering, they will be shouting -- the other side isn't always greener, it seems majority of those people are actively involved in Embezzling our common wealth..

Let it be according to your wishes, don't mind all those poverty mentality people cos some of them cannot afford traveling they will be hiding under nothing dey for they side. Travelling is part of Education.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2023
Panda7:

if things are too cheap in euro, my question now is what do euro really need to turn themselves to heaven since feeding and accommodation can really be afforded by an work??
and about nigeria problem, what exactly is your contribution to the betterment of the so called nigeria, or are you one of the idiot's who stays indoor all day around and expect everything to come to normality in an hour, or are your dump parents not smart enough to figure out what your problems are or send you directly to euro?.

Talking like a kid, do you think everyone is still living with their parents like you. Small boy grow up and be useful to yourself

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Panda7(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2023
bejick:

Talking like a kid, do you think everyone is still living with their parents like you. Small boy grow up and be useful to yourself
stupid yoruba boy, have you ever left your sickened territory. Continue getting heartbroken with your as.hawo you will finally get back your sense. simp.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Programmer47: 9:35am On Dec 04, 2023
I earn let's say, €10 per hour.
Then I work for a total of 8hrs everyday
That's €80 daily.
In 6 days I would be making up to €540.
In a month, that's almost €2200.
If you minus tax, what's left would be like €1400 or so.

This is the minimum wage of a Briton.
You'll pay rent, eat well, and in general , enjoy a better quality of life.

In contrast, €1400 = 1.8M, is the salary of bank managers and oil workers in Nigeria.
There is a reason why they look at us as a 3rd world country.
If all regions focus on what they have, the nation would blossom. The East has massive amounts of natural gas that is just wasting away. The south has oil. The west have cocoa and other cash crops. The North has natural resources. The middle belt have the perfect conditions for farming. Nigeria is blessed. Na greed and Envy dey choke us for this country.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by KingDash09(m): 9:51am On Dec 04, 2023
Ok boss
honour7:

Lolz, na were you reach you know reach Oga, just take your education serious and pray God favours you. There are some jobs you will find in Nigeria you will be amazed.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Love800(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hw can one process it?
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Tution free scholarship. They are many. Raise your head up so you can see

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Love800(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2023
Bro.
Wat kind of works are in sweden for one to do?
VeeVeeMyLuv:

University of Gothenburg Axel Adler Scholarship in Sweden 2024 | Fully Funded

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2023
Love800:
Bro.
Wat kind of works are in sweden for one to do?
Do your research please.
Thank you.

I don't know about the place. I only know about the scholarship opportunity
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
Panda7:

stupid yoruba boy, have you ever left your sickened territory. Continue getting heartbroken with your as.hawo you will finally get back your sense. simp.

I checked your name it says Panda bush animal, why will be wasting my energy on a foolish Panda, Continue with your folly. For your mind na everybody follow you dey for Zoo.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Love800(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
I mentioned to u abt the scholarship.
Pls can u quote me back.
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Do your research please.
Thank you.

I don't know about the place. I only know about the scholarship opportunity
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by stagger: 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
steeltrust:
bro I’m not demarketing Nigeria
It just a fact
How can basic amenities be a big problem
How much is minimum wage
Since I come here
I never here generator noise
I never see potopoto or red sand
Everything is working as it should be
Although not perfect but way better
Not even police, army or even the most wealthiest person can break law here cause he or she must face the consequences

I’ve a friend in Dubai and na house girl work she de do
She’s paid 513k monthly
And that should be minimum wage

Now come to Nigeria
Common light na problem
Here internet full every where
Ask your self how much you don spend for data since you work online
Here your 1gig na your 1gig but for Nigeria if the 1gig last 1hour make you thank God

Even if you’re Rich in Nigeria
It not enjoyable
Tell your self the truth
You feel comfortable cause with the little you have you can get away with anything in Nigeria

Tribalism, religion and party politics has destroyed Nigeria and no one seem to care in as much some have their tribe, religion or party man in power

SMH 🤦🏽‍♂️

Oga, you were caught lying. Why not apologize for trying to mislead people here?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
Love800:
I mentioned to u abt the scholarship.
Pls can u quote me back.

CV and Letter of Motivation

When applying for Axel Adler Scholarship you shall include a CV and a Letter of Motivation as written text. These are used for the selection of scholars.

In the motivational letter you have the possibility to highlight merits from your CV. It is not possible to attach any other form of documentation to your scholarship application.

Academic staff make the assessment and ranking, based on the CV and Motivation letter in your scholarship application.

The assessment is made in collaboration with the assessment of your application to the study programme, to determine your suitability for the programme as well as your commitment and desire to study.

There is one scholarship awarded for each programme.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by steeltrust: 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
stagger:

Oga, you were caught lying. Why not apologize for trying to mislead people here?
what you dont know will not kill you
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Love800(m): 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
Is dis for a bsc holder or ssce?
VeeVeeMyLuv:

CV and Letter of Motivation

When applying for Axel Adler Scholarship you shall include a CV and a Letter of Motivation as written text. These are used for the selection of scholars.

In the motivational letter you have the possibility to highlight merits from your CV. It is not possible to attach any other form of documentation to your scholarship application.

Academic staff make the assessment and ranking, based on the CV and Motivation letter in your scholarship application.

The assessment is made in collaboration with the assessment of your application to the study programme, to determine your suitability for the programme as well as your commitment and desire to study.

There is one scholarship awarded for each programme.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2023
CookieBrown:

-----------------------Original comment----------------------------------

quote author=vivaciousvivi post=127287237

Not everyone sold landed properties. Most just sold household items. Again, this amount is mostly for new Masters grad students not experienced Hires.
Check Indeed for yourself.

Most that entered School, how many had own properties back in naija? Na beans?

-----------------------Original comment----------------------------------

Not everyone sold landed properties. Most just sold household items - Yes. Nigerians sold household items (Blenders, Tv's, etc.) to be able to raise GBP 10,000+ per year to study in the U.K. Oh and it doesn't end there because there will be leftover change to pay for visa, flight ticket, and survival while in the U.K. Why is it Nigerians, on average comment without facts or applying common sense!

What is this one saying?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Splashme: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
Terrible country
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Panda7(m): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2023
bejick:

I checked your name it says Panda bush animal, why will be wasting my energy on a foolish Panda, Continue with your folly. For your mind na everybody follow you dey for Zoo.

why will be arguing with you, you and animals in every zoo who is better?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by bejick(m): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2023
Panda7:

why will be arguing with you, you and animals in every zoo who is better?

Your English is even something else, where do I start from. You have won thank you let me rest biko.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Akano5(m): 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
bejick:

Let it be according to your wishes, don't mind all those poverty mentality people cos some of them cannot afford traveling they will be hiding under nothing dey for they side. Travelling is part of Education.

sure, they didn't
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Westchester(m): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2023
justmondris:

At 1euro to 1200 naira, that's around 12000 and the price of items in that cart is not upto 12k in Nigeria.

How many jobs in Nigeria pays you such amount for an hour's job 🤔
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Charx122: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2023
marlow1962:
Nigerian minimum wage can't even buy their local bag of rice (what a very big shame).
Nigerian citizen will continue living in hell until they stop praising their slave masters, but for now let tribalism do his thing, when everybody is done insulting themselves over these punks politicians who don't give a Bleep about you, them we can talk business.

And some senseless people are fighting who owns Lagos, meanwhile porverty won kill their papa.

My brother don't mind then
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by IgOga(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked

grin grin grin grin

Whoever posted that is perhaps a JJC or a new japa gang or a student......

To enjoy life in the UK you must earn way above £10/hour. If you are earning £10/hour in the UK you are relatively poor. Na so the system dey work grin grin grin

Food is plenty in the UK but quality food is expensive. Organic food vs inorganic food etc

Nonetheless Nigerian government is not trying and instead of NLC fighting for workers right they are doing solidarity with Ajero who is in bed with politicians.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by standfit007: 12:41pm On Mar 23
What doesn’t make sense baba? This who can’t afford have got some social insurance where they are paid a stipend pending when they get jobs. It hurts so bad to be paying heavy tax here and not seeing the results. I will go to where I will see results and gladly pay. I will consider how to mange my expenses instead of bothering about the tax that I know very well gives me all the basics of life….that I don’t have to fast and pray before I travel along Ibadan or Kano or Yola express roads, don’t need no one coming to tel me about sin or preaching repentance to me over what they are not even free from, etc

I love the idea of co-habitation and communal harmony achieved via tax. Very interestingly I have right and listening ears to pour my minds where I find a misuse or misappropriation. Naija is such a place u won’t think twice to leave. Whoever feels he wants to stay back should continue and never preach to anyone who is seeking to leave the country. If the one staying back is so convinced of his decision about improving the country, kindly go head to do it and let us that may succeed to leave come back. But at this rate, all man for himself. Note, my quest isn’t to go make it big at another country but just to have basics met, that is my goal. I know if I work hard, I will see results
femi4:
It doesn't make sense if you can't afford it. Do you think it's easy to make 1000 pounds every month over there. It is foolish to spend more than what you earn all in the name paying mandatory bills
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by femi4: 1:16pm On Mar 23
standfit007:
What doesn’t make sense baba? This who can’t afford have got some social insurance where they are paid a stipend pending when they get jobs. It hurts so bad to be paying heavy tax here and not seeing the results. I will go to where I will see results and gladly pay. I will consider how to mange my expenses instead of bothering about the tax that I know very well gives me all the basics of life….that I don’t have to fast and pray before I travel along Ibadan or Kano or Yola express roads, don’t need no one coming to tel me about sin or preaching repentance to me over what they are not even free from, etc

I love the idea of co-habitation and communal harmony achieved via tax. Very interestingly I have right and listening ears to pour my minds where I find a misuse or misappropriation. Naija is such a place u won’t think twice to leave. Whoever feels he wants to stay back should continue and never preach to anyone who is seeking to leave the country. If the one staying back is so convinced of his decision about improving the country, kindly go head to do it and let us that may succeed to leave come back. But at this rate, all man for himself. Note, my quest isn’t to go make it big at another country but just to have basics met, that is my goal. I know if I work hard, I will see results
You will never understand until you know that things that are free here ain't free over there and most times these bills are monthly

Water bill, insurance, council tax, tv licence parking bill and other useless bills. Also the more you work , the more the tax you pay

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.