Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,308 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (62909 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Spandau: 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
sukkot:
bro who is kadoso?

Seunmsg

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by marlow1962(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
Kingrshd3:

Shutup are u trying to compare a developed country with under developing country like Nigeria 🤔

Think of it when u are comparing ur achievement in life with a 2 years old boy 🤔

Don't that seems obvious 😳
You have understanding deficiency, please always try to read and understand.
I can and will never compare a 1st world country to a dead country.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by marlow1962(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2023
Istand4justice:

Before you judge ask them how much they pay monthly for rent and house bill.
Bro house rent and bills are two inevitable things, if you like live in a 1st world country or a dead country like Nigeria, you will still pay bills. Yes most have no problem With house rent or bills, cus there's enough job to go round. Do you have a job in your country? Which job has ur government provide for you or other people?
I'm not judging, I'm saying fact.

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by marlow1962(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2023
Apel147:
Una no d like truth in this part of the world! Anyways be there deceiving yourself with dogon turenci😂😂😂 I like boys with full blown balls and not lily livered niggaz..

Oh yeah I can see from all your mentions that you're not an intellectual human, not bad cus not everyone is meant to be intellectual. If you settle down and go through my comment about the topic and go through all your mentions, you will see you choose to speak jargons from A to Z.
Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by marlow1962(m): 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
Powersurge:

£10.50 is an hour minimum wage in the UK. That was what an hour job got him/her.

Oir hourly minimum wage us NGN 125.

When people say wey dey stay in the zoo people no go understand.
Ah swear, majority of Nigerians have not yet realized that they are suffering. We over work ourselves just to earn peanuts (what a shame). When you speak, they will insult you or obi that's on his own. Bro the illiteracy In Nigeria is alarming, all thanks to apc.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by marlow1962(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
okito:
Please be advised that the 10 pound is for 1 hr of job. At 40 hrs per week, that would be 1,600 to 1800 pounds. That's what you should be comparing to the N50,000 minimum wage. Truth is most people on minimum wage in the Western world work more than 1 job so their month ly pay before tax could be 2,500 pounds.
I'm not comparing, I'm stating the fact that these politicians knows what's good but choose not to do it because the citizens don't know themselves. And are you talking about tax? O lorde me, all the taxes Nigerians have been paying, what has it been used for?

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by marlow1962(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
occfx:

For now, ipob is on there way to Damascus. The zoo can burn in hell if she likes.
Please I have no room for those of your ipob talks, take that to another person.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by marlow1962(m): 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2023
Cromagnon:
is Nigerian productivity the same with the UK?
We are not yet ready to produce. As long as we still depend on the western world for commodities ( even underwears) we will still remain dormant as a country.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by steeltrust: 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2023
neyobills:

Oga u can't spend less than 40 USD to fill up a Chevy Malibu or did u mean 30 USD?
oga no de talk nonsense
Na Watin happen for my eyes
We did it at Walmart station
Oak lawn Chicago

If you de doubt na you con know
E no concern me

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by NairalanderFrom(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
Gadafii:
I saw the video and she still went home with small change in form of coin

Aunti japa people no go show us this one, imagine you work 8h, and you earned 40 per hr based on your skills or type of job, you will definitely live a decent comfortable live

Na people wey no get what to to over there when they japa always have it hard

That’s why it’s better you get a skill that is in demand over there, like plumbing, bricklayer, driver, carpentry, and many digital skills you can do

Do you know how much dey pay for rent, utilities, and the corresponding tax?
You think dey will give you free, as na sadaka, or as na you be their pikin 🥲
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by occfx: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2023
marlow1962:

Please I have no room for those of your ipob talks, take that to another person.

What of parlor?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by LajaLaba: 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
what of native clothes?
undecided
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Tohsynetita1: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by BennyDGreat: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Taah, I guess you have not meet people.

That guy's salary is peanut bro...

No way he can be in the top 0.005% of the entire population.
You think 6 figures, probably mid of it i.e 500k is a very big salary? LoL, bros na base on what you know and people you deal with go make you reason am say na one special payment.

Did you see the part where he mentioned two hours of work a week?

How many people do 8-10 hrs of work a month to earn like 500k+ naira?

If they give you this kind of side hustle will you reject?

By the way, 500k salary in Nigeria was worth 2000 dollars+ under Jonathan....but now worth less than 500 dollars.....500k naira salary is a good salary in Nigeria. Inflation caused by government mismanagement reduced it's worth.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by neyobills: 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
steeltrust:
oga no de talk nonsense
Na Watin happen for my eyes
We did it at Walmart station
Oak lawn Chicago

If you de doubt na you con know
E no concern me

Dey whine yourself....... how much is a gallon in Chicago that u will buy full tank for 13USD....u sef check balance am naw.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by BennyDGreat: 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2023
IamAsiri:

Exactly! He possibly doesn't know the meaning of minimum wage. Here in Nigeria where an average spaghetti has turned to 650-700, I don't think those who collect 30k monthly can afford to buy those groceries 3 times out of their salary without being in trouble.

They dare not. They can only try to buy food outside maybe twice a day max
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by luluman: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked
Yet some Nigerians want to discourage us that its not worth japaing.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by BigIyanga: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food

So how many minimum wage earners in Naija can afford housing in Naija?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Cruise777: 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2023
BigIyanga:

So how many minimum wage earners in Naija can afford housing in Naija?

What brought Nigeria into my comment
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by steeltrust: 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
neyobills:

Dey whine yourself....... how much is a gallon in Chicago that u will buy full tank for 13USD....u sef check balance am naw.
wen you play finish
Lemme know
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by OVikkytan49: 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.
What about clothes?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by REGINALD001(m): 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked

Yea, that's what it is....... Lidl and Aldi sells cheaper here in UK compared with others.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

which one loyalty card?
You can download it from their app and use the QR code or barcode with your phone each time at the till.

some stores like Coop and Tesco also send you the cards, like debit cards via royal mail to your home so u can also swipe it.

With it, you get discounts and loyalty points whenever you shop be it self service or with customer service assistants.

Most of the major discounters do it.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Kai! Sis

We are not o.
We are faced with constant threat of insecurity esp kidnapping and armed robbery. U can't travel freely, one must pray for hours before traveling, transport very very costly. Food nko? Most are on 0 0 1 meal per day. And the meal is not balanced diet.

Sis one cannot enter bush to either farm or stroll in peace again without being attacked for no just cause!

Omo! That bad Its not as if I have been away long o. I hear stories but what you have typed is unfortunate. Sorry about that. Just have hope....

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2023
vivaciousvivi:

Omo! That bad Its not as if I have been away long o. I hear stories but what you have typed is unfortunate. Sorry about that. Just have hope....
🙏 Thank you

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jaksmillioniar: 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2023
cococandy:

Wetin I chop remain? Nothing 👀

@bold, Are you sure like this? I’m not convinced. 🤔

cococandy Merry Xmas in advance how is family. How is America.between UK and America Wich did u think is beta.if a guy go dere like how many years will he Hussle before he can bring his family
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2023
justmondris:

At 1euro to 1200 naira, that's around 12000 and the price of items in that cart is not upto 12k in Nigeria.
How is it that you guys are all missing the point?

£10 spent in the original post is earned PER HOUR in UK. Which is minimum wage here that is being reviewed upwards in January 2024 across the country. Not per month.

Average weekly hours is between 16hrs and 40hrs. For those earning minimum wage, calculate it. N30k monthly minimum wage in Naija and u take out 12k to buy an almost empty trolley of food, no be die be that? That's the point here.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Wisdomibe753(m): 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
You no really bright at all, make your calculations with your hourly pay in Niger...mugu
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by CookieBrown: 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2023
steeltrust:
when many of them talk nonsense about abroad I look at them and laugh
My wife drives a 2022 Chevy malabu
It takes only 13$ to fill up the tank
That about 13-14k naira
But for naija if I no hold 40k I never even start

Naija isa dead country I swear

The 2022 Chevrolet Malibu tank capacity is 15.8 gallons (Fuel capacity).
https://www.autonationchevroletpembrokepines.com/models/2022-chevrolet-malibu

The price of gas in the U.S is 3.54 USD per gallon
https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/USA/gasoline_prices/

A full tank will cost 55.9 USD.

Therefore, it is safe to conclude you're a damn liar. And of course your wife does not own a Chevy Malibu. Nigerians and lying. All talk with no facts.

----------------Your original text below just in case you try to change it----------------------

That about 13-14k naira

----------------Your original text below just in case you try to change it----------------------
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by stagger: 11:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
steeltrust:
when many of them talk nonsense about abroad I look at them and laugh
That about 13-14k naira

Naija isa dead country I swear

The Malabu has a fuel tank of 16 gallons. Average price if gasoline in the US is $3.40. That car needs at least $54 for a fill-up, or N62,560. My old car with roughly the same tank size only needs N39,500 for a fill-up.

I earn in dollars via remote work, like many tech guys here. What are you on about really? Stop demarketing Nigeria. I have lived in at least three countries and I can do a very objective comparison.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by CookieBrown: 11:44pm On Dec 03, 2023
vivaciousvivi:

Not everyone sold landed properties. Most just sold household items. Again, this amount is mostly for new Masters grad students not experienced Hires.
Check Indeed for yourself.

Most that entered School, how many had own properties back in naija? Na beans?

-----------------------Original comment----------------------------------

quote author=vivaciousvivi post=127287237

Not everyone sold landed properties. Most just sold household items. Again, this amount is mostly for new Masters grad students not experienced Hires.
Check Indeed for yourself.

Most that entered School, how many had own properties back in naija? Na beans?

-----------------------Original comment----------------------------------

Not everyone sold landed properties. Most just sold household items - Yes. Nigerians sold household items (Blenders, Tv's, etc.) to be able to raise GBP 10,000+ per year to study in the U.K. Oh and it doesn't end there because there will be leftover change to pay for visa, flight ticket, and survival while in the U.K. Why is it Nigerians, on average comment without facts or applying common sense!
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by steeltrust: 12:17am On Dec 04, 2023
stagger:

The Malabu has a fuel tank of 16 gallons. Average price if gasoline in the US is $3.40. That car needs at least $54 for a fill-up, or N62,560. My old car with roughly the same tank size only needs N39,500 for a fill-up.

I earn in dollars via remote work, like many tech guys here. What are you on about really? Stop demarketing Nigeria. I have lived in at least three countries and I can do a very objective comparison.
bro I’m not demarketing Nigeria
It just a fact
How can basic amenities be a big problem
How much is minimum wage
Since I come here
I never here generator noise
I never see potopoto or red sand
Everything is working as it should be
Although not perfect but way better
Not even police, army or even the most wealthiest person can break law here cause he or she must face the consequences

I’ve a friend in Dubai and na house girl work she de do
She’s paid 513k monthly
And that should be minimum wage

Now come to Nigeria
Common light na problem
Here internet full every where
Ask your self how much you don spend for data since you work online
Here your 1gig na your 1gig but for Nigeria if the 1gig last 1hour make you thank God

Even if you’re Rich in Nigeria
It not enjoyable
Tell your self the truth
You feel comfortable cause with the little you have you can get away with anything in Nigeria

Tribalism, religion and party politics has destroyed Nigeria and no one seem to care in as much some have their tribe, religion or party man in power

SMH 🤦🏽‍♂️

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.