Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers (36814 Views)

I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) / UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives / Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by genii96(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
Expected India to have more due to their population.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Beniyke1: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
Pure garbage.

Don’t even know how they come about some of these stvpid statistics most times. That’s why I always see people who not only believe them but also always arguing blindly with them as very stvpid and dumb.

One person will just sit in the comfort of his house and concoct one nonsense and post online and you see people fighting over it.

Imagine UAE with only 300? Sky scrapers in Dubai Marina and Business bay alone no pass 200? Let alone other parts of Dubai, then include, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. If UAE is not first in that list then it should be next to China with a very very slim margin if any at all.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Rubbiish(m): 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
Catapault:

THAT LIST IS GARBAGE AND LIES.

WHERE IS JOHANNESBURG, NAIROBI, CAIRO?

EVEN LAGOS SHOULD BE THERE.

THEY ARE TRYING TO CLAIM THAT COLOMBIA HAS MORE SKYSCRAPERS THAN ANYWHERE IN AFRICA?

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.
Are u sure u know the meaning of skyscraper?
There is only one manageable skyscraper in Nigeria! Not even a standard skyscraper by world standard sef. The rest na just high rise buildings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by spy24(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2023
Catapault:

THEY ARE TRYING TO CLAIM THAT COLOMBIA HAS MORE SKYSCRAPERS THAN ANYWHERE IN AFRICA?

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.

Ona too dey quick see conspiracy
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by victorazyvictor(m): 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
hslbroker2:
Where Nigeria dey, make we dey ring ourself

Nigeria get Skyscraper?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Lukuluku69(m): 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
Sadwaste:
No single African country was listed, not even South Africa. Yet North Korea appeared on the list.

So, with a the noise about Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria does not even have up to 10 skyscrapers??

Nothing building more than 12 Storeys is a deliberate policy in the Abuja Master Plan.

There are Skyscrapers in Lagos but I tell you most are empty half way up. This I have seen.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Rubbiish(m): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2023
Beniyke1:
Pure garbage.

Don’t even know how they come about some of these stvpid statistics most times. That’s why I always see people who not only believe them but also always arguing blindly with them as very stvpid and dumb.

One person will just sit in the comfort of his house and concoct one nonsense and post online and you see people fighting over it.

Imagine UAE with only 300? Sky scrapers in Dubai Marina and Business bay alone no pass 200? Let alone other parts of Dubai, then include, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. If UAE is not first in that list then it should be next to China with a very very slim margin if any at all.
Stop saying what u don't know
Do u know the number of skyscrapers in hong Kong alone?? Not to talk of other cities? America don't even come close to the number of skyscrapers there, u are talking about Dubai of yesterday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Rubbiish(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Nothing building more than 12 Storeys is a deliberate policy in the Abuja Master Plan.

There are Skyscrapers in Lagos but I tell you most are empty half way up. This I have seen.
There are skyscrapers in Lagos? Which Lagos?
There is only one skyscraper in Lagos oh!
The rest are just high rise buildings
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by solreb: 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2023
beemedia1:
Let's count it by ourselves, how many story building makes skyscraper?

1. Eko pearls, eko atlantic lagos.
2. Millennium building or centenary building, Abuja.
3. NITEL building, Lagos

Add yours.
The the criteria for Wikipedia list is a skyscraper having at least 150 m height or 40 floors.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by blingxx(m): 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2023
How can almighty u.s have only 800 shocked I'm surprised o.. So all those building in their movies na lie
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Ykc2(m): 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
Catapault:

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.
you never see Bogota
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by patorial(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2023
Nigercity:
What about south Africa, Tanzania and Nairobi?
Abi there own no follow?

The heading says Top 30 and I believe you noticed the 30th has below 50 skyscrapers
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by rolams(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
Who count am?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Judolisco(m): 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
Catapault:

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.
churchgate in Abuja has 11 or 12 storey and I think it's d tallest after world trade centre... Na sky scrapper bdat?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Bigsunny01(m): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
Catapault:

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.

Which Lagos are u talking about?

Is it de same Lagos i'm living in?

Is Eastern Africa a joke to u

Nairobi, Da-resalam, Adis-ababa etc
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by tolue42(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_the_most_skyscrapers

Oga Hong Kong has the highest number of tallest building in the world. Mind you, Hong Kong is not part of mainland china

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by obailala(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

What's the criteria used in identifying skyscrapers?.... E.g., a height threshold, no. of floors etc?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Ajoray: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
Catapault:

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.

Skyscraper different from high rise buildings boss. Learnt that in primary school
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by irumanle(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
Where is my country? This OP is bias, we won't accept this.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Menclothing: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
More than 60 sky scrapper’s in Lagos
2 Ibadan
4 Abuja
1 Anambra
1 ikot Ekpene
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Kingluqman(m): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
beemedia1:
Let's count it by ourselves, how many story building makes skyscraper?

1. Eko pearls, eko atlantic lagos.
2. Millennium building or centenary building, Abuja.
3. NITEL building, Lagos

Add yours.
Cocoa house, Ibadan
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by prizeless(m): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
Stay there dey shout claim. Stats never lie
Catapault:

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Triplerg: 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2023
Catapault:

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.
First of all, do you know what a sky scraper is? Secondly, the information did not say there are no sky scrapers in Africa. What that means is that, the last country on the list has more sky scrapers than any country in Africa.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by omoadeleye(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2023
Sadwaste:
No single African country was listed, not even South Africa. Yet North Korea appeared on the list.

So, with a the noise about Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria does not even have up to 10 skyscrapers??

Which one your papa or your family build for Nigeria?

Abi, you dey wait for government to dey build skyscrapers up and down?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Lukuluku69(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2023
Rubbiish:

There are skyscrapers in Lagos? Which Lagos?
There is only one skyscraper in Lagos oh!
The rest are just high rise buildings

How Many Storeys/Floors defines a Skyscraper and how many storeys defines an high rise?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by OVikkytan49: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
blingxx:
How can almighty u.s have only 800 shocked I'm surprised o.. So all those building in their movies na lie
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by selfdefence: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
Omoh! China took it personal o, a whole 3k plus? No be lie.

Do you want to enjoy a powerful beat and deep bass? get yourself the spacepods by oraimo and enjoy the best of sound output.

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Illegal1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2023
Sadwaste:

omoh..........i wonder
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Henry22(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2023
I was waiting to see Lagos but was disappointed grin
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Ikpunnegi01: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2023
Catapault:

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.
Your shouting ends here shaa.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Emyogalanya: 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2023
hslbroker2:
Where Nigeria dey, make we dey ring ourself
I Guess we are in the list of countries with highest number of collapsed buildings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by LegendaryArnold(m): 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

I don't believe this. We have more than 16 skyscrapers in Lagos alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"No One Offered To Help" - Victim Who Survived Accident In Lagos Speaks. Photos / My Sujourn Through The Mystical Forest Of Igbo Olodumare...ondo State. / Omu Resort Lagos In Pictures (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.