Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers (36819 Views)

I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) / UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives / Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by ValarDoharis: 6:01am On Dec 05, 2023
Skyscraper is different from storey building!

Are the tall buildings in Africa tall enoughto scrape the sky?
Catapault:

THAT LIST IS GARBAGE AND LIES.

WHERE IS JOHANNESBURG, NAIROBI, CAIRO?

EVEN LAGOS SHOULD BE THERE.

THEY ARE TRYING TO CLAIM THAT COLOMBIA HAS MORE SKYSCRAPERS THAN ANYWHERE IN AFRICA?

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by YoshihideSuga: 6:05am On Dec 05, 2023
essentialone:
Some may say skyscrappers is not the problem of Nigeria, but this is why it is important for Nigeria to try and build the tallest Skyscrapper in Africa, at least.

1. It is a sense of national progress;
2. It is a sense of improvement, innovation, science and technology;
3. Even if we have land today, nations should plan for population increases and start building up;
4. It is a test of the prowess of a country’s engineers and architects;
5. It is a sign of modernity;
6. It is a sign of economic growth, and in fact mental development (the non-ambition of black Africa is stark in this regard. What is the essence of our vaunted education?);
7. It is a sign of ability to compete with other nations and hold our own;
8. Practice makes perfect. The more you build, the better you get. Not building or improving at all means you are not practicing as a people;
9. It is a sign of freedom, especially for upcoming generation who must do better than their predecessors. Many people who could achieve in black Africa, have refused to try because they don’t want to rock the boat. They do not want governments to come after them ,either politically or for excessive taxes. This is a symptom of fear.
10. It is a symbol of national, continental or even racial pride and gives some bragging rights in the comity of nations.

I know I quoted all,

But thank you!

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Bigsunny01(m): 6:32am On Dec 05, 2023
[quote author=Philistine post=127318408][/quote]

LwkmdπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hypocrite na dey worry u

Must u travel dere before u know dey have de highest skyline dan u when u can actually make research by ur sef

Or do u also need to travel to China, U.S before u know dat dey are 4 times develop dan de sink u are trying to defend?🀣🀣
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Bouncing2(m): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2023
Sadwaste:
No single African country was listed, not even South Africa. Yet North Korea appeared on the list.

So, with a the noise about Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria does not even have up to 10 skyscrapers??

That’s a fake shiit

South Africa has 60 skyscrapers
Egypt has 54 skyscrapers
Nigeria has 16πŸ₯²

SA and Egypt should rightly be on that list
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by samwash(m): 8:38am On Dec 05, 2023
He like say skyscrapers different from tall buildings.
Like this 10 story building na skyscraper for my beloved Nigeria.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Nigercity: 8:57am On Dec 05, 2023
Paraman:
There's a difference between the list of tallest buildings in Africa and Cities/Countries with the highest numbers of skyscrapers.

Oga stop saying what you don't know!
Go to YouTube search Dar es salaam, then search Lagos Nigeria..
You will realise you have been doing a dumb! Arguement!
Nah Yoruba hype the worry you!
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2023
NFBI:
I know but not fully yet cos them still operate as a country in some situation especially sports

They're an Autonomous region of China, just like England, Scotland, Wales operates as a country in sports
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Nigeria will NOT be found even in the Top 200!..😏😏

A Terrible country with a DRUGGIE Man byforce leader called Tinubu. πŸ™πŸ™

China that got Independence from Britain in 1949 after the 2nd World War! πŸ˜•πŸ˜Œ
China was never colonised, you can say they were occupied by Japan temporarily,
But never Britain.

Britain only took Hong Kong which they have returned since.

4 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Paraman: 10:18am On Dec 05, 2023
Nigercity:

Oga stop saying what you don't know!
Go to YouTube search Dar es salaam, then search Lagos Nigeria..
You will realise you have been doing a dumb! Arguement!
Nah Yoruba hype the worry you!
You're the one arguing blindly without any evidence to back up your claim bro

There's a difference between the tallest buildings in Africa and African countries/cities with the highest numbers of skyscrapers.

There's more skyscraper in Lagos than Dar es salaam.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Nigercity: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2023
Paraman:
You're the one arguing blindly any evidence to back up your claim bro

There's a difference between the tallest buildings in Africa and African countries/cities with the highest numbers of skyscrapers.
You haven't even left Nigeria befoy, and you're here arguing nonsense with me!
Like I said any how you do it! Dar es salaam
Has by far more highrise than Lagos,
You have internet
Why not watch the videos of this cities on YouTube

And here you go, talking about evidence even when I say you should go to YouTube,
Now what's your own evidence! Of making such claims of Lagos having more highrise than Nairobi, Dar es salaam, and the capital city of Somali?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Nigercity: 10:57am On Dec 05, 2023
Paraman:
You're the one arguing blindly without any evidence to back up your claim bro

There's more skyscraper in Lagos than Dar es salaam.
And to even show how dump you are!
You don't even know difference between skyscrapers and high-rise grin grin

Nariobi and dar es salaam will beat Lagos in both(high-rise and Sky skyscrapers)
For sky skyscrapers, Lagos only have one

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_the_most_skyscrapers
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Paraman: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2023
Nigercity:

And to even show how dump you are!
You don't even know difference between skyscrapers and high-rise grin grin

Nariobi and dar es salaam will beat Lagos in both(high-rise and Sky skyscrapers)
For sky skyscrapers, Lagos only have one

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_the_most_skyscrapers
You're a shameless loser grin

If we are to go by your chidish point base on your list, Nairobi and Dar es salaam have just 3 skyscraper each while Lagos have 1, but this same you have been talking as if Nairobi and Dar es salaam have hundreds of skyscrapers grin

Can you see that, you're the real dump fuul for making it seem as if Nairobi and Dar es salaam have hundreds of skyscrapers?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Tonytonex(m): 12:31pm On Dec 05, 2023
Ogene001:

No African country sef
I been dey think say Kuwait na African country oh. Because of the name.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by uniquetechng: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
Catapault:

THEY ARE TRYING TO CLAIM THAT COLOMBIA HAS MORE SKYSCRAPERS THAN ANYWHERE IN AFRICA?

WHICH COLOMBIA?

NONSENSE.
There is difference between tower and skyscraper, no building that's up 50 storey in Nigeria as a whole, so tell me where the Skyscraper is located in Nigeria
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by uniquetechng: 1:11pm On Dec 05, 2023
beemedia1:
Let's count it by ourselves, how many story building makes skyscraper?

1. Eko pearls, eko atlantic lagos.
2. Millennium building or centenary building, Abuja.
3. NITEL building, Lagos

Add yours.
Those are just towers, you didn't mention a single skyscraper.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by uniquetechng: 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2023
Paraman:
In subsaharan Africa, only Joburg have more skyscraper than Lagos
Is there any building in Lagos that's up to 50 storey ?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by blueAgent(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
Catapault:

WHICH COLOMBIA?

Is there an African country as developed as Colombia?

NONSENSE.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by blueAgent(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
Skyview01:
Fake news.

Nigeria should be 1-5.

I will not accept!

Go to court grin grin grin
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Nigercity: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2023
Paraman:
You're a shameless loser grin

If we are to go by your chidish point base on your list, Nairobi and Dar es salaam have just 3 skyscraper each while Lagos have 1, but this same you have been talking as if Nairobi and Dar es salaam have hundreds of skyscrapers grin

Can you see that, you're the real dump fuul for making it seem as if Nairobi and Dar es salaam have hundreds of skyscrapers?

Like I said, you're too dumb!
I was talking about high rise (not skyscrapers)
It is you, out of your illiteracy
That was adding skyscrapers to the subject of discussion(because you don't even know the difference) and also I made it clear to you that, they both cities have more high rise and even more skyscrapers above your nonsense Lagos that doesn't even have common water supply, and steady power!
I know you are too dumb to learn
They free education awo gave your Yoruba people is just too pathetic πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Read our conversation again, this time around slowly
You will notice how stupid you have been
All this while

Like I said both cities have more high rise
Then more skyscrapers above Lagos
And stop mentioning me I wouldn't reply again!
I just found out that your illiteracy is something else and irredeemable, I can't be seen arguing with an illiterate who have left Nigeria before!
Go back and read the difference between high-rise and skyscrapers
Shalom
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Catapault: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2023
Stanislause94:
nigeria has zero, we only have high rise buildings, know the difference

SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH THERE.

YOU AND THE OTHER STUPID MORO.NS TYPING RUBBISH HERE.

A SIMPLE 10 MINUTE RESEARCH ONLINE SHOWS THERE IS NO COMMONLY ACCEPTED HEIGHT FOR A BUILDING TO BE CONSIDERED A SKYSCRAPER, EVEN THOUGH MANY CONSIDER 100 Metres HEIGHT AS THE MINIMUM.

AND NIGERIA HAS MANY BUILDINGS OVER 100 METRES TALL, MEANING THAT NIGERIA HAS SKYCRAPERS.

SO QUIT TYPING YOUR IGNORANT DUMBNESS HERE.

DAMN IDIOTS.
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by akigbemaru: 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
ThierryJay:
I'm surprised Nigeria ain't there cos we have at least 50 buildings taller than 60metres.

If their definition of skyscraper is a building at least 100 metres tall, then we only have 14 that make the cut below. But personally, I think any building from 60 metres and higher is a skyscraper cos they look the part already.

14. CBN Tower, Marina Lagos - 100metres

13. Independence tower, Marina Lagos - 103metres

12. Famfa Oil towers, Ikoyi Lagos - 103metres

10. Cocoa house, Ibadan - 105metres

10. Intercontinental Hotel, V.I Lagos- 105metres

9. Dakkada Towers, Uyo - 109metres

7. 4 Bourdillon Tower, Ikoyi Lagos - 110metres

5. Eko towers beside Total, V.I Lagos - 118metres

4 & 7. World Trade center towers 1 & 2, Abuja - 120metres and 110metres

3. Union bank tower, Marina Lagos - 124metres

2 & 6. Eko Atlantic Champagne pearl and black pearl towers, Lagos - 134metres and 112metres

1. NECOM Tower, Marina Lagos - 156metres

It says 300 meter plus and that is why Nigeria is not included!

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by MrGerald(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2023
Igboland:
The country wey colonised your father how many them get with all the wealth they looted from far n wide.

Lol, UK naturally are not into building skyscrapers, they prefer low buildings

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by DabuIIIT: 8:01pm On Jan 06
Dareal90s:

You would have said the Igbo developers built it.
Is this not you?
Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Paraman: 7:14am On Jan 08
Nigercity:

Like I said, you're too dumb!
I was talking about high rise (not skyscrapers)
It is you, out of your illiteracy
That was adding skyscrapers to the subject of discussion(because you don't even know the difference) and also I made it clear to you that, they both cities have more high rise and even more skyscrapers above your nonsense Lagos that doesn't even have common water supply, and steady power!
I know you are too dumb to learn
They free education awo gave your Yoruba people is just too pathetic πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Read our conversation again, this time around slowly
You will notice how stupid you have been
All this while

Like I said both cities have more high rise
Then more skyscrapers above Lagos
And stop mentioning me I wouldn't reply again!
I just found out that your illiteracy is something else and irredeemable, I can't be seen arguing with an illiterate who have left Nigeria before!
Shalom
What's the difference between high rise and Sky scrapper? They are the same thing alaye

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Paraman: 5:06pm On Jan 09
Nigercity:

Shalom
Tell me the difference between High rise and skyscrapers.

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Nigercity: 5:16pm On Jan 09
Paraman:
Tell me the difference between High rise and skyscrapers.

Oga stop disturbing
Me
I said
I won't reply you!
But you keep pushing me
Sky skyscrapers is a Very tall high rise
Even a toddler knows this

And for your info, Nairobi, Dar es salaami, and co has more skyscrapers and high-rise than Lagos infact than the entire Nigeria
Stop being delusional
Travel and see
Or watch YouTube videos about they cities i mentioned (including Somalis capital city)

For the last time am done replying you

Re: Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers by Paraman: 5:22pm On Jan 09
Nigercity:

Oga stop disturbing
Me
I said
I won't reply you!
But you keep pushing me
Sky skyscrapers is a Very tall high rise
Even a toddler knows this

So according to you and a toddler, a High-rise building is different from skyscrapers? grin

Chai!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omu Resort Lagos In Pictures (Video) / My Sujourn Through The Mystical Forest Of Igbo Olodumare...ondo State. / Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.