Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99998 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
bukahands:

I have withdrawn using oda ATMs

How much is their charges on other ATMs as they normally charge me N50 per ATM withdrawal on their own ATM?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
What is are UBA Africard changed ATM PIN?

What are my web login username and password?

What are my VERIFIED by VISA username login username and password?

Those are the 3 important questions that you must be able to answer before you can boldly say that you can make payment everywhere online with your UBA Africard.

Do you have correct answers to the 3 questions asked above?

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
legalwealth:

How much is their charges on other ATMs as they normally charge me N50 per ATM withdrawal on their own ATM?

There are no charges from withdrawing on their own ATM and charges on other bank ATMs are the same/normal 100 naira others charge.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2012
legalwealth: What is are UBA Africard changed ATM PIN?

What are my web login username and password?

What are my VERIFIED by VISA username login username and password?

Those are the 3 important questions that you must be able to answer before you can boldly say that you can make payment everywhere online with your UBA Africard.

Do you have correct answers to the 3 questions asked above?

Its clear you dont have the UBA Africard. You get those things when you get the card. Its not magic.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
soloqy:

There are no charges from withdrawing on their own ATM and charges on other bank ATMs are the same/normal 100 naira others charge.

They charge N50 from their own ATM maybe u haven't noticed
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
bukahands:

They charge N50 from their own ATM maybe u haven't noticed

Thank you for this insight.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
soloqy:

Its clear you dont have the UBA Africard. You get those things when you get the card. Its not magic.

Hmmm!No arguement.

I know that the 1st two will be given to your but you will be prompted to signup afresh creating your own
username and password immediately you login into your WEBLOGIN portal.

You must as well change your ATM pin

Learn more about the VERIFIED by VISA details as you will need to create that by yourself here
at https://ubagroup.cardinalcommerce.com/cardservices/ by clicking on activate card.

Hope you now understand me and I'm sure that you a bit convinced that I have...
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
soloqy:

Okay and thanks for this.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by authecosta911(m): 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
9ce thread.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by smsmoney(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2012
@ all can I still get the Uba Africard? If yes what do I need to do to get one?Can I use it for adwords/facebook ads and also any online payment?What cant I use the card for?Lastly whats the change of username/passcode all about and how does it affect the usage of the card?Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2012
smsmoney: @ all can I still get the Uba Africard?
If yes what do I need to do to get one?Can I use it for adwords/facebook ads and also any online payment?What cant I use the card for?Lastly whats the change of username/passcode all about and how does it affect the usage of the card?Thanks

You can still get the card.
What you need are your ID card,utility bill and at least N1000 to load into your card after it is ready as you will be charged N750 and one small charge for the card.
You can use it for adwords/facebook ads and also any online payment.
You must change the username and passcode so as to be activated and before you can make use of it.

Hope this helps...

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by teeboy4x(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
I went to all branches of UBA in owerri but d said dat d are not issuin africard again,unles I go for master card...wat do u guys fink?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
Legal wealth, I need ur help ASAP for a domain name to register. I need as quick as possible. So pls call my mtn line when u read it because I tried calling you but it wasnt going tru. I have money in my UBA Africard but my internet subscribtion just ended while I was try to reg this name. Please help me here because I have to get this name fast. I lost one good name yesterday and havnt 4givn myself out carelessness on my own part.

We can do a domain wap wherein you need a domain name, I will reg it for you nd push it to ur godaddy account. Pls call me and we talk
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by DTalented(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
legalwealth:

You can still get the card.
What you need are your ID card,utility bill and at least N1000 to load into your card after it is ready as you will be charged N750 and one small charge for the card.
You can use it for adwords/facebook ads and also any online payment.
You must change the username and passcode so as to be activated and before you can make use of it.

Hope this helps...

Can i get the Card using my school I.D CARD?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by danielng: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2012
teeboy4x: I went to all branches of UBA in owerri but d said dat d are not issuin africard again,unles I go for master card...wat do u guys fink?

You probably told them you want an account or they thought you want a new account. UBA currently are not issuing VISA cards to new account customers except Mastercard.

Africard is a card account okay. When you go back there make them understand you need Africard and thats all.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by teeboy4x(m): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
danielng:

You probably told them you want an account or they thought you want a new account. UBA currently are not issuing VISA cards to new account customers except Mastercard.

Africard is a card account okay. When you go back there make them understand you need Africard and thats all.

I told dem dat I want AFRICARD but d said dat D dnt give out d card again
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by danielng: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2012
teeboy4x:

I told dem dat I want AFRICARD but d said dat D dnt give out d card again

Two people i referred just got the card today. You know at time some of these front desk receptionist at the banks don't really know about all their banking services.

Try another branch.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 6:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
danielng:

Two people i referred just got the card today. You know at time some of these front desk receptionist at the banks don't really know about all their banking services.

Try another branch.
True... lack of information and a fault of bank management.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by onasharon(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2012
Identity Card Printer Authorized Partner in Nigeria Laggos. Hardey Global Technologies Ltd.We have in stock various brand and series of i.d card printers and consumables and we offer repair advisor.security card as well and hologram mass card printing financial card and so on.for sales call bayo on 08135586674. email.idprintersales@gmail.com

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by jidowu84: 11:04am On Nov 28, 2012
legalwealth:

Hmmm!No arguement.

I know that the 1st two will be given to your but you will be prompted to signup afresh creating your own
username and password immediately you login into your WEBLOGIN portal.

You must as well change your ATM pin

Learn more about the VERIFIED by VISA details as you will need to create that by yourself here
at https://ubagroup.cardinalcommerce.com/cardservices/ by clicking on activate card.
Hope you now understand me and I'm sure that you a bit convinced that I have...
Thank you jare my broda. Dnt mind dat newbie. Too know set worry am.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2012
jidowu84:
Thank you jare my broda. Dnt mind dat newbie. Too know set worry am.

You are welcomed!
Endeavour to activate VERIFIED by VISA on your card and keep your login details especially your password as your VERIFIED by VISA on your card will be blocked if you input the wrong one 3 times and it can take you a hell of time and cash to get it unblocked by UBA head office.

Kindly note that your WEBLOGIN password is different from your VERIFIED by VISA password.

I will advise you to use the same password for the two so as not to be confused as I was whenever you are prompted for the password.

Wish you all the best and I will drop more useful clues about this card.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
AFOLABISUNKANMI: yes Uba africard rocks better now than zenith websurfer or other debit card. most international merchants now accept this card on their websites

You are right but you need to activate your card VERIFIED by VISA.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
legalwealth:

You are right but you need to activate your card VERIFIED by VISA.

I dont know if this is a must cause I have never done this and I have been using this card for some months now paying for domains, hosting, facebook, software, books, etc and no problems. The only change I made was online to change my username and pass at https://gtpsecurecard.com/UBA .
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nordi(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
Initially africad was made for only to be used within african countries only, if it can be used in other continents fine, i will try to get one, i agree with people who said card atm pin is different from card online pin, same thing with zenith naira mastercard i have two pins one for atm other for online pay.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
soloqy:

I dont know if this is a must cause I have never done this and I have been using this card for some months now paying for domains, hosting, facebook, software, books, etc and no problems. The only change I made was online to change my username and pass at https://gtpsecurecard.com/UBA .

I activated my VERIFIED by VISA the day I got mine but I've been paying for things online without needing it until when I wanted to make payment on clicksure that the popup came up requesting for my password but I forgotfully entered my weblogin pin twice and I got the Verified by VISA blocked but ...
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 11:14pm On Nov 28, 2012
Has anyone make use of UBA AFRICARD on clickbank?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by normaljenny(m): 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
legalwealth: Has anyone make use of UBA AFRICARD on clickbank?

Pls I want to know if this uba visa card can be used to verify my payza/alertpay account? Or do you know of anybody that has used it on payza and on google checkout too. Thanks as I look forward to ur helpful advice.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2012
legalwealth: Has anyone make use of UBA AFRICARD on clickbank?
Nope it won't work because you don't have Nigeria among the listed countries AND their payment processor has been programmed accordingly.
normaljenny:

Pls I want to know if this uba visa card can be used to verify my payza/alertpay account? Or do you know of anybody that has used it on payza and on google checkout too. Thanks as I look forward to ur helpful advice.
You never know till you try. Why not try it and let us know. But I believe it will work since these companies accept Nigerians.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
This is the continuation of my postings that FOD and Naijacutee have been hiding in both UBA Africard threads. The earlier portion has been repeatedly hid...

I said earlier that you do not have to fear the merchant having access to use your card later. This is because if you use your card on the right website, the payment page where you enter your card details should be starting with a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of https (denoting secured website) instead of just http. So depending on the level of security and encryption (64-bit, 128-bit or 256-bit), entering your card details will only be looking coded in binary forms to the back-end of the merchant support (just like your asterisked password) and not readable to them. So they do not have your card details. In fact, redirecting you to GTB site for entering token (if possibly required) does not guarantee that they cannot see or use the card.

More so, some merchants in the West only need your card number to debit your card for orders you place by telephone banking and not necessarily your 3-digit security code at the back. But GTB told me they do not release your fund to any merchant that do not present your 3-digit security code when claiming their money from an order you placed and authorized on their website. Other banks may have different style over there as per not being strict with what they need before releasing your fund from your card to the merchant's banker. While GTB holds the amount you authorize on a site from your available balance until the merchant's banker claims it successfully, it may take about 30 days to automatically refund it to your card if the merchant does not claim it due to any problem. For example for not supplying your 3-digit code at the back of card in its claim, GTB will not release the fund.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply)

What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.