Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99809 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by dady12: 9:32am On Jan 07, 2013
[quote
author=arbitrage]

uba visa africard will cost you N750 to obtain while the uba mastercard
debit card will require about N2000 to open the account out of which
N1000 will be removed for the card if you choose to have the card for
your account.[/quote]thank you for the info
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
teeboy4x:

Yes
wasco24: fidelity back visa is nt workin in most site, bt dnt knw abt access u can give it a trial

thanks, i'll give them a try.

arbitrage:

many banks have visa card that you can use online but nigeria's limitation will still be there if the seller site only accepts their country cards like usa and uk.

try gtb dollar denominated visa card, skye bank naira visa card, access naira visa card, union visa card, zenith visa card, diamond visa card and standard chartered visa card and so on.

i guess its between Access and Skye now. not really interested in the others cos i'ld need to buy dollars to fund them.

theres this particular site i'm subscribed to, and only gtb visa and zenith websurfer have worked there so far.

since zenith is phasing out websurfer and i dont want to buy dollars, i need to test all the other options till i get a match.

Anyone with success stories on Skye and Access?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Tonjeola1(m): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
yamakuza:

i guess its between Access and Skye now. not really interested in the others cos i'ld need to buy dollars to fund them.

theres this particular site i'm subscribed to, and only gtb visa and zenith websurfer have worked there so far.

since zenith is phasing out websurfer and i dont want to buy dollars, i need to test all the other options till i get a match.

i just applied for Access today, but i heard some guys used Gtb naira master without token and it worked. Am giving it a trial too.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 8:23am On Jan 08, 2013
yamakuza:

Of all those visa cards I mentioned, only GTB visa is dollar funded. The rest are your normal naira denominated cards.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 8:26am On Jan 08, 2013
Tonjeola1:
i just applied for Access today, but i heard some guys used Gtb naira master without token and it worked. Am giving it a trial too.

I do not understand what you mean by some guys using GBT Naira Mastercard without token. Do you use token before when buying online with your Visa or Mastercard? Token is only used when you are using GTB internet banking to transfer funds from your account to elsewhere. You do not need token ordinarily when using your card online or in ATM. Do you?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Tonjeola1(m): 9:27am On Jan 08, 2013
arbitrage:

I do not understand what you mean by some guys using GBT Naira Mastercard without token. Do you use token before when buying online with your Visa or Mastercard? Token is only used when you are using GTB internet banking to transfer funds from your account to elsewhere. You do not need token ordinarily when using your card online or in ATM. Do you?
i thought we need token to transact online before
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by teeboy4x(m): 10:20am On Jan 08, 2013
yamakuza:

Am using now Visa card nd its working for me
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 10:20am On Jan 08, 2013
Token is only for internet banking and getting the mastercard secure code, so u must not have it to buy things online
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Tonjeola1(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2013
bukahands: Token is only for internet banking and getting the mastercard secure code, so u must not have it to buy things online
which one be secure code again, apart from 3 digits behind d card
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 11:10am On Jan 08, 2013
Tonjeola1:
which one be secure code again, apart from 3 digits behind d card

When you are buying with your visa or mastercard online, you usually use the 3 digit security code at the back to authorize and complete the payment. But there is another (second) level of security introduced in recent years by Visa and Mastercard International. They are respectively called Verified by Visa (VbV) and Mastercard Securecode.

Many companies are subscribing to the vbv and securecode. What that means is that when you go to such website to pay for an item, you will be taken to another page after you have entered the card details and the 3 digit security at the back of the card. That second page is where you will be required to enter your 4-digit VbV pin (usually 4 figures) or your Mastercard SecureCode (usually 9 alphanumeric digits), depending on which card you are using. A site that is not subscribed to VbV or MC securecode will just complete your transaction after entering the normal card details and the 3 digit security code at the back of the card. But other ones will take you to next step/page where you will enter those further codes.

Now the next thing to know (which the moderators of business section have always being hiding my posts in the past) is how to get the VbV and Mastercard SecureCode. If you have visa card, go to any ATM that has change i-PIN menu and after logging in to ATM, choose change i-PIN and select your choice 4 digit figures. That is what you will be using online as VbV. Note that this menu is different from change PIN menu. This is internet PIN (i-PIN). BankPHB was giving both ATM PIN and i-PIN on paper before without you needing to generate it.

As for MC securecode, when you log into your GTB internet banking, the two blue links at the bottom of the warning page has one to go to your account page (on the left) and click to generate activation code (on the right). So you will click the bottom right link to generate activation code. You will need your GTB hardware token to complete this activation generation. After generating your activation code, you will follow the next page to generate your Mastercard SecureCode, which is usually a 9 alphanumeric digits. That is what you will be using online when a site requires MC securecode to complete your transaction.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by gsmgold: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
soloqy:

I dont know if this is a must cause I have never done this and I have been using this card for some months now paying for domains, hosting, facebook, software, books, etc and no problems. The only change I made was online to change my username and pass at https://gtpsecurecard.com/UBA .
pls which billing address do u use when using ur card on facebook?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by gsmgold: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
soloqy:

I dont know if this is a must cause I have never done this and I have been using this card for some months now paying for domains, hosting, facebook, software, books, etc and no problems. The only change I made was online to change my username and pass at https://gtpsecurecard.com/UBA .
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
gsmgold:

U use ur normal address as the billing address
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by gsmgold: 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Tanks
bukahands:

U use ur normal address as the billing address
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by soloqy: 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
gsmgold:

The address you registered the card with. It must match the address you registered the card with at UBA or else the transaction will fail.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by sammyrollo: 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
arbitrage:

When you are buying with your visa or mastercard online, you usually use the 3 digit security code at the back to authorize and complete the payment. But there is another (second) level of security introduced in recent years by Visa and Mastercard International. They are respectively called Verified by Visa (VbV) and Mastercard Securecode.

Many companies are subscribing to the vbv and securecode. What that means is that when you go to such website to pay for an item, you will be taken to another page after you have entered the card details and the 3 digit security at the back of the card. That second page is where you will be required to enter your 4-digit VbV pin (usually 4 figures) or your Mastercard SecureCode (usually 9 alphanumeric digits), depending on which card you are using. A site that is not subscribed to VbV or MC securecode will just complete your transaction after entering the normal card details and the 3 digit security code at the back of the card. But other ones will take you to next step/page where you will enter those further codes.

Now the next thing to know (which the moderators of business section have always being hiding my posts in the past) is how to get the VbV and Mastercard SecureCode. If you have visa card, go to any ATM that has change i-PIN menu and after logging in to ATM, choose change i-PIN and select your choice 4 digit figures. That is what you will be using online as VbV. Note that this menu is different from change PIN menu. This is internet PIN (i-PIN). BankPHB was giving both ATM PIN and i-PIN on paper before without you needing to generate it.

As for MC securecode, when you log into your GTB internet banking, the two blue links at the bottom of the warning page has one to go to your account page (on the left) and click to generate activation code (on the right). So you will click the bottom right link to generate activation code. You will need your GTB hardware token to complete this activation generation. After generating your activation code, you will follow the next page to generate your Mastercard SecureCode, which is usually a 9 alphanumeric digits. That is what you will be using online when a site requires MC securecode to complete your transaction.
plz can i use my gtb mastercard to fund and withdraw on bet365 account and watype of code wil they ask of?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by gabriely2k(m): 5:09am On Jan 09, 2013
before you use the card to trade Forex, you need to get this clear. Most Forex platforms, if not all will prefer to allow you withdraw your money into the card with which you deposit your money with them. So, if the card cannot receive payment you are at a disadvantage, because most forex platforms will not allow you to withdraw anywhere else except into the card you first transact with them, i.e your first withdraw will not go anywhere except into the card. So you will have to find out first from the bank if the card can receive payment, if not, sorry, just use to make purchase as you have heard Nairalanders.
However, if the card can accept payment i think i will consider having it. sheeeeeerrrrrrs
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Knaruto(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2013
bukahands: Token is only for internet banking and getting the mastercard secure code, so u must not have it to buy things online
did u know that without mastercard secure-code u cant make purchase on some big sites. Like betonmarkets, us-visa lottery, amazon, etc.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by frankmoney(m): 10:57am On Jan 09, 2013
Pls is uba still issuing dz visa card ? And which oda bank dat doesn't require u to hv an account with dem to get dere visa or mastercard
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 11:30am On Jan 09, 2013
Knaruto: did u know that without mastercard secure-code u cant make purchase on some big sites. Like betonmarkets, us-visa lottery, amazon, etc.

The site doesn't have to be big. They just need to subscribe to Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode to require it. If you are truly paying some site for US visa lottery, sorry to say you have been scammed. Authentic and original US visa lottery is free of charge at www.dvlottery.state.gov and so any other paying site is a distraction to newbies.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Knaruto: did u know that without mastercard secure-code u cant make purchase on some big sites. Like betonmarkets, us-visa lottery, amazon, etc.

Of course I do, I have GTB Mastercard dollar and naira, I even have the token, but not all sites require it so thank God u used the term SOME. Depends on the site and the level of security the use
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by dady12: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
[quote
author=frankmoney]Pls is uba still issuing dz visa card ? And which oda
bank dat doesn't require u to hv an account with dem to get dere visa
or mastercard[/quote]i got my africard today in delta state
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Tonjeola1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
What part of Lagos, can i get UBA Africard?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by obiomaobinna(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
I only have access bank debit card.and am interest in bet365 how can I go through it friend help :oI only have access bank debit card.and am interest in bet365 how can I go through it friend help
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by isomadtech(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
Hi Everyone,
i just obtained my uba africard and i have been able to change the pin and even do verify by Visa online. the challenge i have now is that i tried to use it on Aliexpress but the following was shown after entering all the details required:
Your card issuer declined the transaction.
Please is there anyone that can help in solving what the problem is like to be.
expecting your response. thanks.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 11:59am On Jan 13, 2013
I just loaded my Payza (Alertpay) account from my UBA Africard now instantly showing in my balance.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Tonjeola1(m): 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
arbitrage: I just loaded my Payza (Alertpay) account from my UBA Africard now instantly showing in my balance.
pls, send me mail let chat on thiá¹£ @ wealthsecret2011@gmail.com including ur contact (phone).
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bizzman001: 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
I NEED HELP HERE...CAN SOME HAV 2 UBA AFRICARD

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.